I'm confused as to why this senate seat is such a huge win

I'm confused as to why this senate seat is such a huge win.

Trump got elected. It's not even near as impressive.

It's like you're celebrating a national title when you won a little league championship.

what are you even on this board if you don't understand how gov't works?

You don't understand how government works idiot

One less senate seat that would have helped pass the orders Trump writes. This leads to more obstructionism by the democrats.

?

I understand how it works, that's why I'm wondering why it's such a big deal.

If it made the senate 50/50, I could understand, but it's still a rep majority.

FORMER MOORE SUPPORTER HERE I'M FUCKING CRYING RIGHT NOW, A PERSON THAT ABOLISHED TWO KKK MEMBERS WON, WTF! I HOPE THE MEDIA DOESN'T REPORT ON US CRYING THIS ISN'T FAIR THIS ISN'T FAIR THIS ISN'T FAIR. I'VE BEEN A REPUBLICAN ALL MY LIFE AND I'M LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW

please clap

>you

>w-why are you gloating g-guys? its not like this s-seat mattered or anything? m-maga

dems are going to take over the majority of congress next year, then blumpf will be impeached.
this isn't my opinion or desire, it is fact.

republicans still have majority, please explain why its bad

Ok

I don't really care. I just wanted to see Clinton lose to DJT (pbuh) of all people.

What? Instead of needing only three of McCain, Flake, Collins, Corker, and Murkowski, they now will need four.

That's pretty big desu.

>W-we s-still have the p-presidency
>Le 36% approval

Calm Down Sup Forums is a place where people can learn how gov't works and understand how to move forward. Maybe he's a foreigner that dosen't understand and wants to who are we to deny him? exactly Nobody

Then America becomes a brown pile of shit because of spic and nigger loving leftist cucks. You lose in the end because everyone loses from your idiotic policies.

because it's fucking ALABAMA electing a democrat

get ready for landslide victories by dems in 2018 and 20220

It's almost impossible for Dems to win in such a red state, if similiar things do start happening next year the Republicans are in trouble and it's because they embraced a degenerate and oafish president with no manners, morals, or other qualities we expect of a civilized person.

They only have a 51 seat majority in the senate. That means they can only afford to lose 1 vote on anything. It makes it much harder to pass any sort of legislation.

Republicans would rather have the dems to blame for obstructing in the senate then have to explain to their voters as to why they are not voting for trumps agenda. Classic lose a little ground to stop an anomaly to gain ground later tatic

>it is fact.
This

Because everyone on here was shilling uber hard for Moore and now that he lost it's fucking hilarious.

Not with McCuck and Flake in there.

Thank you, yes this is an important thing.

People looked at things short-sited instead of long term. Now our President will have a harder time passing all his MAGA agenda with another dem in there.

>That means they can only afford to lose 1 vote on anything. It makes it much harder to pass any sort of legislation.
Or they could work together with moderate democrats to pass bipartisan legislation

Then the GOP needs to get its shit together. It's their fault for going against Moore.

or because their candidate in alabama was a pedo

i am cute

Interesting observation, makes sense.

You are. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Two reasons:

1. The Establishment GOP worked with the Dems to smear their own party's candidate.
2. For the first time ever, a nominee lost a safe seat solely through the power of accusations.

But then they would need to try and pass something that wasn't outright evil and might actually help the average American. Not really an option for modern day republicans.

It's not like they were getting anything done anyway. Vote 'em all out for all I care.

I agree 100pct.

> yeah, I'm not even upset!
> not even...*sniff* a-a-a l-little bit!

it's a big deal because trump endorsed moore and moore lost therefore Trump picked a loser. trump sucks ha-ha

Moore would have been in there for only 2 years, but in that time he most likely would have a been a solid vote for Trump's agenda.

On the one hand, it's the first time a Dem has won statewide office in twenty-five years. On the other hand, this was probably the best outcome for the GOP as a whole. He would have been an anchor around the party's neck for every other election around the country until he left office.

I honestly don't care that much, it's just flooding the board.

No way man, drafting legislation in secret and refusing to bring actual biparisan bills to the floor and struggling to get the 50 votes needed for the VP to break the tie is the way to govern

Poor little fella probably thinks John McCain (R) is a republican

Voting them out in primaries will make the race more vulnerable to Democrats. With le 36% in office, that's a risk you shouldn't want to take. But Bannon and Trump have their heads so far up their asses they wanted Moore to win more than a Democrat.

It will be okay. You can stop crying about it now.
We all know if the racist child rapist had won, you'd be posting "WHAT A HUGE WIN!" all while sucking Trumps tiny cock.

Well, in theory anyway. Evangelicals are fucking looney tunes and there's no telling what he would have actually done.

Well I don't think he would have been a free agent like McLaim. He most likely would have been a pretty solid vote for our president, but we will have to wait 2 more years to oust the communist now.

Have they even passed anything other than the bill that allowed ISPs to sell your browsing history?

Look at all this salt.

Thanks to your incompetent leaders, an electorate filled with rubes that are enthusiastically deceived and deluded, and a media apparatus so out of touch with the American public that you might as well be reading the New Yorker, you managed to get an undeniable pedophile as your party's standard bearer.

This candidate was so fucking terrible, you lost a seat that you won with literally 97% of the vote in 2014 (it was so unlikely that no democrat ran). You lost in a state that is synonymous with ignorance, bigotry, and dogmatism. You lost the Senate race that no one thought you could lose, the one that you could only lose if you fucked everything so completely that a bunch of inbred hicks turned against you.

In Alabama, you're the Harlem Globetrotters, and the Washington Generals just pasted you 82-60. You're the NFL team that lost in a scrimmage to a Division III college program.

And you lost not only because Moore is a piece of shit, but because eventually the truth catches up to you, and a media apparatus designed to drum up support for policies and candidates no matter how odious would eventually make your party unacceptable to the American people.

You can stew in your own filth. 2016 was the high water mark of your little infantile scream, and the adults are taking responsibility again. Starting with Doug Jones.

Maybe evangelicals will realize jews hate them too (probably not).

Oh please, he's only got 2 years out of it. He will be right back at this again shortly.

Yea, real adult like.

>celebrating the death of America
Yes, we already know this is the left's goal.