Time for some critical reflection

Time for some critical reflection

>Why did he win?
>What should improve among the republicans?
>Was this an anti Trump "statement" or was it about Doug's opponent Roy moore?
>Did Doug win because of personal merit or did the people percieve Roy in such a negative light that he became unelectable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dcmKZ63T0ac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

blue wave 2018 election, this was the beginning

Based Doug

The beginning of a massive swing in Democrat favour?

Repubs ran a kiddietoucher and lost by only two points. They’ll be fine, they just need to be less arrogant and not run any more pedos.

>what should republicans do to improve?
All Roy Moore had to do was not diddle kiddies. Literally the only thing that cost him the vote.

No, actually democrats GAINED 28% points compared to how Alabama voted in 2016. Keep telling yourself this was a marginal win, chud

How Alabama was stolen: gaslighting with fake dating histories and voter suppression to collapse White turnout.

680,000 less (R) Alabama votes for Moore than for Trump. 320,000 less (R) votes than for last 2010 Senate election. Dems ran a successful voter suppression campaign gaslighting Whites that bullied them into staying at home. Dems did NOT increase their vote, they only suppressed ours just enough to win.

Now you can pass all that shitty legislation you want. Right? Oh wait.

Local Republicans got cocky and presumed Moore was going to win, so they either didn't vote or wrote in another candidate as a form of protest.
It's the same thing that lost Hillary the vote in 2016 desu. They got cocky.

And what cost republicans the vote in solid R parts of Virginia this past November?

Wrong. Dems lost close to 100k voters from 2016.

Expect more of the same tactics used in Alabama.

Republicans are going to need to vet their candidates from now on.

>>Why did he win?

White people stayed home.
A warning for the future.

Shitty legislation? Isn't it the red states that have the lowest wages, worst jobs, worst doctors, worst schools, highest obesity rates, highest numbers of infant deaths, and highest levels of poverty? lol yeah it's the blue states with shitty legislation

Republicans would rather stay home and not vote than vote for a democrat.

Are you retarded?

Turnout is always way lower when it is not a presidential election?

He won because Moore was a pedo with incompetent representation. He was pretty much the only one who could lose the seat

Woah, less people voted in a special, odd-year election for the senate than they did for the United States of America? Amazing. What other hot takes do you have?

was Steve Bannon playing 4D chess

>Why did he win
Maybe because his opponent is a fucking creep, ever cross your mind?

>Why did he win?
cuz they cheated duh

Moore isn't a pedo he was just a candidate with ZERO charisma. Accusations were false, yearbook was forged.

>Why did he win?
Because his opponent was a pedo.

Easy. He won because Roy Moore is a literal theocrat. Same reason Alabama rejected a personhood amendment. The stereotype that Alabamians are knuckle-dragging flat-earthers isn't entirely true.

He only barely won his Supreme Court seat in 2012. Alabamians we're finally sick of his shit.

Exit polls showed the pedophilia accusations weren't that important.

The white masses are a lost cause. Traditionalists need to build their own networks, providing community, culture, spiritual and intellectual development, mutual aid. Think Evola's Order of the Iron Wreath, or the Free Masons.

>aren't those states all the things I say they are
Sure, you're an authority on all of those topics so no need to actually substantiate your claims of course. It's ok to be ass mad that this election made literally no difference. Why do you believe this election mattered? You do realize the majority hasn't shifted. Did you fall for the CNN meme and think it mattered at a national level?

Rational explanations are not allowed on Sup Forums!

Actually, both things are true. Dems got a large swing - but still barely won against a fucking pedo.
>when you can win only because you run against a pedophile

>>Why did he win?
More than half the Republicans didn't go vote.

>>What should improve among the republicans?
The Republican wings should stop infighting, for starters, because the increase polarization will continue killing people who support the plan but aren't extreme about it.

>>Was this an anti Trump "statement" or was it about Doug's opponent Roy moore?
Polls about the issue mostly point to Moore's scandal not wanting them to vote.

>>Did Doug win because of personal merit or did the people percieve Roy in such a negative light that he became unelectable?
The latter. There's no evidence to the contrary or an alternative.

>ours
>Australian flag
You have no clue what you're talking about mate

>muh 6 million d chess

He won by losing? That's ingenious, how come nobody ever thought of that before?

>(((Rational explanations))) are not allowed on Sup Forums!

ftfy

Breitbart network are chodes.
Bannon is a chode.
Trump is a chode.
Moore is a pedobear.

Red's lost

>Why did he win?

Lies from the Dems about Roy Moore

>What should improve among the republicans?

They should stand up for themselves against an establishment media that holds a double standard against them.

>Was this an anti Trump "statement" or was it about Doug's opponent Roy moore?

It was more about the lies against Moore than anything about Trump.

>Did Doug win because of personal merit or did the people percieve Roy in such a negative light that he became unelectable?

The lies worked enough to keep thousands of potential Moore votes home.

I think you need to recheck your definition of solid reds, or you might need to start claiming the blue wall was Democrat delusion.

What are you blabbing about? Red states have the lowest wages, worst jobs, worst doctors, worst schools, highest obesity rates, highest numbers of infant deaths, and highest levels of poverty. Besides some outliers like Texas and (temporarily North Dakota; both due to oil) everything in my previous sentence is 100% true.

>That's ingenious, how come nobody ever thought of that before?

Trudeau would like to have a word with you.

Other than you being a lying idiot who is trying to deflect about lying about things?

Wrong. Dem figures at the same as the 2010 Alabama Senate election plus population growth. Republican figures are down 380k from 2010. A Democrat Voter suppression strategy worked, nothing more. There was no increase in Dem voters, they declined.

I don't follow Canacuck politics, what are you talking about?

Red states outside of Texas do have shitty economies a lot. Maybe just because overwhelmingly urban areas are blue, and also have lots of economic activity. Technology is a big driver away from rural areas.

It was a variant of whatever iteration of COINTELPRO the deep state has when dealing with its enemies. They know the mere accusation of sexual assault is the nuclear bomb of reputation destruction.

Roy Moore was a profoundly awful candidate, it's just that simple. He didn't campaign much at all while Doug campaigned like fucking mad. It was like Hillary.

If we had Big Luther this wouldn't have even been a possibility, Luther Strange was a fine man, primarying him was already non sense when Luther was loyal to trump.

Also do more to divide the blacks, while dividing white and black usually works, finding wedge issues within the black community may be needed from here on out.

Counties Virginia that went HEAVILY Trump in 2016 went blue last month. Keep telling yourself it didn't happen, though.

With enough busses, niggers can swing any election in the south.

yes

partially from Republicans pushing unpopular policies and getting nothing done, and partially from Trump's erratic behavior which is alienating EVERYONE

>implying reprudents are not exclusively pedo

even after a month long smear campaign of calling his rival a pedo,a racist,a woman hater sexist and wanting to bring back slavery he still only won with 0.7% lead

how much shit do you have to be as a person to struggle to beat someone who is labelled a pedo racist nigger hater?

The only thing I saw on the news was everyone calling the Republican candidate a rapist and saying garbage like " If [x] Republican wins then the Republicans still lose!" That's literally all there was from the media here.
> Literally Trudeau tactics

I don't even know why they blasted an election happening in Alabama either in fucking Canada. like we give a damn.

We cannot elect these overly religous fucking weirdos in the primaries. They are always compensating for something. Trump is not religious and ran on policies and blowing people the fuck out. This isn’t the bush years. Promoting religion promotes liberal humanism that will always benefit Dems.

We probably could have still won with this dumb hick but we never attacked jones. There were no memes invading his past. All of our energy was defending fake allegations.

>successful voter suppression

it takes some huge brass balls to claim voter suppression happened to the GOP as they actively attempt to do voter suppression by way of voter idea that keep being found as unconstitutional, move to destroy voter records after an election and all the other trickery done in areas like bama.
Yet when they lose, now it's some how dem doing voter suppression? No the GOP ran a shitty candidate who some how felt he could piss off the black vote while not getting white support and win in that shitty state no one will now even talk about for another 2 years.

There is no blue wave. The number of democrats who voted this time around was slightly lower than the last two elections. The only difference was that half of the republicans that voted in those same previous elections didn't show up. They stayed home and didn't vote because of all the incessant media shilling against Moore. Republicans lost to themselves.

trump is smashing everthing though..hes getting alot done

the gop dont give a fuck about tweets outside of neo cons and paul ryan and cucks

trump will win in 2020

Niggers probably think it'll get them more gibs, which is why they actually queued for the first time ever.

I don't have to tell myself nothing happened because nothing did. Those very same counties voted democrat before in every election other than Trump. This should tell you what those people were voting for: Trump, not the republicans.

Are you just stupid beside being a liar?

Shrillary lost Alabama by more than 20 points. Last time Alabama had a Democrat senator was 1992.

Yes, it was a squeaker of a win, but it was a win nonetheless.

I'm going to be honest and say Moore was a weak candidate rather than say Dems rigged it.

He ducked Jones in a debate and did a shit job of defending himself. He let the accusations pile up instead of diverting attention elsewhere. How this man became a judge, I have no clue coz his speaking skills suck. He was even assent towards the end of the race.

Oh yeah and he kept talking about God. Ffs, people voted trump coz of jobs not god.

I'll add one more thing..

whoever was running Moore's campaign either intentionally or accidentally sabotaged him. They kept him off the trail and limited his media too much in the last month.

It wouldn't shock me if voters thought "Moore doesn't care, why should I care" and decided to stay home.

i agree,the era of the bible bashing boomer are over,they are not cool and put people off.

they are a dying breed,we need to push OUR guys not the boomer cucks from yesteryear who want to ban abortion even though im ok with it cause its mostly niggers and spics who use the clinics.

What the fuck are you on about? Alabama's got some pretty decent prospects these days. They are where the SLS is being manufactured.

Because the media pretended like the other guy was a pedophile rapist.

A Democrat winning in fucking Alabama is a blowout by any margin.

It would be like a Republican winning in California. Or to use a British example, like a Tory winning in Liverpool.

Dividing the black community is hard when their inevitably Republican white neighbors burn a cross in their yard because the white kid wanted to date a black kid. The black community might be dumb, but they are not stupid.

t. Mississippi cop that actually had to deal with the aforementioned situation

>partially from Trump's erratic behavior which is alienating EVERYONE
There's literally nothing to indicate this. No matter how hard CNN and MSNBC push it the drumpf narrative, polls show people have more trust in the President than they do congress, the media, and goverment in general. Either he's doing a terrible job at alienating people, or whatever he's doing is no worse than what all other branches are doing.

That would be Bannon.

I can only conclude that when he says he wants to "destroy" McConnell, it actually means stripping him of his majority leadership by any means necessary, even if it means making him minority leader.

Nothing is like a republican winning in California. If a republican ever one a California seat they would guarantee a Republican president for 3 terms

That would be all the black/hispanic problems in the south. Northern white states don't have to deal with those problems quite as much.

give me full control of all liberal media in america for a month and ill flip california red no problem

also give me millions to spend on hit pieces

also! get me some good crsis actors to throw at the cameras accusing my rival of rape a week to go to the election aswell.

we both know he wont keep that seat,it was a hollow victory...but a win is a win

i hope you try it again in the next election where ever it is...sooner the people clock on you use rape accusations as a weapon the better.

Because the elite, oligarchs threw money at his campaign from across the country.

Can't do shit when the rich are against you like that.

I can't for the life of me figure out if he's trying to make the Republicans the new Whigs and push his own Party to the finish line or not. Because that's exactly what I feel he's doing.

From the coverage I saw it looked like the dems manages to control the narrative on this one.
I can't remember anyone really talking about either guy's policy.
The dems successfully managed to discourage white voters from showing up. The voter participation was around 30%. Jones didn't get any more votes than dems usually do in the state. Put plainly: white people didn't vote.
We should have had anons investigating the allegations. There simply wasn't enough information being put out there to counter the narrative. Expect to see the dems using this sort of tactic again next year.
We need to do a better job of investigating candidates, utilize our weaponized autism for something more productive.

The saving grace is companies looking to do things cheaply in the South, like all the tech companies in Huntsville, or auto companies in Mississippi.

>How this man became a judge, I have no clue coz his speaking skills suck. He was even assent towards the end of the race.

He just barely won his judgeship in 2012, and that was after being removed from the bench by defying a SCOTUS Order to remove a statue of the Ten Commandments from federal property.

It's worth mentioning that he was removed from the bench AGAIN after that, this time over fag marriage. Accusations of being a pedophile aside, Moore is a literal theocrat, and not everyone in Alabama is a mouth-breathing fundie.

He won because the democrats cheated

youtube.com/watch?v=dcmKZ63T0ac

This video documents many methods they used to cheat the election including
>1000s of fake ballots were found pre filled out for Doug Jones
>a shell company called Highway 31 was involved with creating completely false attack ads against Roy Moore
>These attack ads were so blatantly false they had to be removed from the air
>serious voter intimidation

If a Democrat can win in probably the most conservative state in the country, this guarantees a blue tsunami in 2018. Watch states like Texas and Tennessee fall to the Dems.

no longer your 22nd ammendment cucked that cause everyone kept voting for roselvelt and he served 4 terms

that fucking fat cunt...we could of had 2 decades of trump lol

all reasonable posts

The internet and 24-hour news cycle has given literal sub-100 IQ retards the idea that they know how politics works, and that you can just do whatever the fuck you want and everything will fall in line - it's happening on both sides of the aisle. Politicians of past did the big talk big then go to Washington and pass moderate legislation until this fuckery took over; now they have to stick true to their constituency by pushing this hardline bullshit, otherwise they get voted out of office next cycle.

That and people are fed information through news sources and don't bother to check it. I talked to a guy the other day who thought the Iran Nuclear Deal was an agreement Obama made with Iran to allow them to pursue nuclear weapons, like what the fuck?

Anyways, people are becoming more educated and the fear-mongering used on both sides is going to become less effective as time goes on. We'll see a mass exodus to the left which will kill off the far-right Republicans, then vice versa. People have been saying our country is doomed since 1787.

>t. a moderate

>not looking at actual demographic data and comparing raw numbers
Your understanding of politics is childlike, I envy your ignorance.

Moore might have shrugged off the allegations if he didn't have a lot of extremist even for Alabama views. There are a lot of women and black voters and he did say they shouldn't be able to vote. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to convince people those weren't his views. "Technically he didn't say or do blah blah" no over time through actions and comments that was pretty clear and was a selling point, a big one, to a lot of the state but for others that's just too far. He also got fired twice and was a little weird which was probably off putting to a lot of people who reacted by staying home while his comments clearly pissed off certain big demogrphics who voted against him and for Jones who some saw as getting justice for kids whose church got blown up. The extremely religious black community remembers that and ironically those church communities came out for Jones and against Moore at the same time in a big way.

Democrats only won because the GOP turned on Moore.

Trump was kept away from Alabama, could only go to a rally in Florida, no support from Sessions, no support from Shelby, abandoned.

On top of that, money poured in from across the country from lefties.

It was close.

I don't think the Democrats can repeat this when spread thin. GOP won't pull this again. This is a one time occurrence.

Maybe the satanists in San Fran sacrificed the poor old asian mayor in a blood sacrifice.

>I talked to a guy the other day who thought the Iran Nuclear Deal was an agreement Obama made with Iran to allow them to pursue nuclear weapons

I'd think the day to day stuff was being handled by guys in Alabama, not by Bannon. Bannon is basically the guy with his name on the car lot, but the people under him are doing the work.

Moore shouldn't have been in Philadelphia for Army/Navy on the last weekend of the campaign. The people handling things didn't do their job.

This isn't even about debates, because nobody really gives a fuck about non-Presidential debates.

But Moore did radio interviews constantly until winning the nomination, then nothing. They should have made it hard to drive a car without hearing him on the radio in Alabama.

Then after a month of getting rusty, the lies hit and Moore isn't ready to handle things. It'd be like if you benched Aaron Judge for a month and then asked him to hit baseballs again.

Even the younger Southern whites have more of a live and let live attitude towards gays, even if they don't like them. The wreckage of the religious Right and Moral Majority are a millstone around the neck of the Republican platform for attracting voters younger than 60.

lmao its not a blue wave it was propaganda

in 2018 you are gonna lose seats,who even leads your party now? WHO!?!?!? no one even fucking knows

what is your platform? jobs? increase the home ownership of blacks? border security? immigration? the stock market? tax cuts? too late trump had it

your platform for an entire year has been "DAMN U GRONALDDD BLUMBPFFF!!! XDDDDD"

you aint even a fucking nation wide party,just a coastal one

Moore was just shit candidate. The time of the Jesus freak boomer is done for. New age kids want their hip socialists. I don't think Sup Forums is as afraid of the future as they should be. The vast majority of millennials lean left, they are just hitting voting age now while our old Republican base is dying. We ARE the next generation of conservatives that's why they meme us as Nazis now because in the future they will have the upper hand where their nonwhite voter block will be huge, so they can suppress us eternally for being evil.

>spend entire campaign saying Moore shouldn't win because he's a pedophile
>He loses
>Claim he lost because of Trump

Gets the old noggin a jogging.

>Why did he win?
Probably because Moore is a shit candidate and the Republicans are a fucking mess right now?

Probably that. Good luck, guys, you need it.

cucks the absolutle beginning and end of it. dems had 92% of presideantal election turn out, GOP had 50%. faggot loving cucks didn't want to vote. everything else is irrelevant

No it does. McConnell is a son of a bitch, asshole cunt.

He sacrificed the senate seat, fucked over Moore, and bridled Trump to save his own wrinkled ass.

He'll be running cucks in 2018 and Bannon will have less people buying into his strategy.

Let's see how the special election in Minnesota works out.

florida is key to winning in 2020 if trump loses that its like democrats losing cali its points are too precious to lose

>There simply wasn't enough information being put out there to counter the narrative.
That was done purposely. All evidence that was presented was then refuse third party review, like for example the signature which as it turned out she had modified at the very least.

The anti-pedo brigade made it easy for Sup Forums to fal into disarray from white knights defending these girls honours and claiming everyone who dates girls below 18 is a pedophile, and the non-argument of the Thotservative didn't help. All in all, it was a two prong approach: reduce information that is public, and have Sup Forums infight over feminist policy.

>I talked to a guy the other day who thought the Iran Nuclear Deal was an agreement Obama made with Iran to allow them to pursue nuclear weapons
I am finding myself in the paradox of not quite being able to believe you and at the same time having the certainty there are million of people like this.

This also a good point. Moore's allegations weren't what killed him, his previous behavior was. The allegations just gave a convenient way for people to claim they couldn't vote for him in good conciousness, and empowered those who weren't going to vote for him anyway (but might have stayed home due to apathy).

It' was a brilliant stroke of public propaganda.

Democrat Strategy For 2018:

Have no platform.

Call your opponent a racist.

If that doesn't work call him a Russian agent.

If that doesn't work, hire some women to accuse your opponent of sexual misconduct.

maybe they never thought that alabama could flip so expected everyone else to vote?

But there's no proof he diddled kids for all we know.

lol yeah all those awesome jobs in Indiana, Kansas and South Dakota

>2017
>Still believe in sexual scandal just in time for election
>Americans

Jesus Christ get your act together,
How gullible you people have taken shit like this?

literally wo?

And watch them sweep the house anyway kek

Steve Bannon was playing 4d chess with his hairy ballsack on stage while More's wife was calling their own attorney a Jew and More was camparing the US to the Soviet Union. I fucking hate this party.