Roy Moore's loss can provide a good lesson if we read it the right way. It wasn't entirely about the allegations...

Roy Moore's loss can provide a good lesson if we read it the right way. It wasn't entirely about the allegations, though they probably tipped the scales. But, Trump also had outstanding allegations against him and one anyway, in Alabama by 28% and by wide margins in many counties that Roy Moore lost.

Roy Moore ran a completely social-issues-based campaign. All he talked about was homosexuality, abortion, transgender bathrooms, etc. He didn't even emphasize immigration. Trump won because he ran an economic campaign based on immigration, trade, economic elites, jobs, and his expertise as a business man. That's how he one.

The point we should take away is that 80s/90s-style Christian conservatism is dead. That rhetoric doesn't work anymore. Trump ran an ECONOMIC campaign based on immigration and trade, with an emphasis on security, both domestically from crime and internationally from terrorism as well. In other words, a platform that could be broadly supported. Many of the districts Roy Moore lost were wealthy suburban ones that Trump won--Moore's religious fundamentalism was alienating. It wasn't the allegations. These districts voted for Trump, who also had allegations against him. It was the type of campaign each ran and the issues they emphasized.

Republicans can't make the same mistake Democrats did after Obama. Obama won in 2008 by running an economic campaign against Wall Street, for regulating the banks, for shovel-ready jobs, again the so-called 1%, for a "New New Deal," etc. When he won, Democrats took this as carte blanche to implement their social agenda, where they alienated people and started losing elections. Stick to the economy! It's where elections are won.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9AY1KtIDYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only lesson this is gonna provide is that all you need to do is shout RAPE and your opponent no longer has a chance at winning.

pretty good post sir although it is necessary to push back on those social issues too

>thinking immigration is primarily an economic issue and not a social one

Is Jones a Trump plant?
- Blackmailed by Deep State
- offered deal.
- went undercover
- played along with the “special” election?

Listen to his speech, it’s exactly what you’d say to the left if you were trying to wake them the fuck us - “the moral arc of the universe always bends towards justice.”

With the #NoMoore trending, in the midst of #MeToo, you have to think... was this entire election a counter predictive program measure?

- the people of the United States will never knowingly elect pedophiles to Congress.

- morality > party

- voter fraud is real and now proven with epic sting operation.

- Blacks vote 97% Dem to red pill whites.

- all black votes are changed to D automatically in some precincts.

- “wait on God.” - Roy

Jones sealed indictment.
Whistleblower.
Pardoned.
Moore proved innocent.
Dems shook to core.
Right is red pilled.
Left is stunned.
Senator Roy Moore.
No more pedophiles.
Tick tick crooked.
Tick tock Obama.
It’s #MuellerTime.
Pizza party is over assholes.

>thinking it's not both

Brainless detected.

Tell that to trump.

I'm not saying that social issues don't have importance. Once in office, act positively on social issues, like Trump has through executives orders, by appointing social conservatives to cabinet posts to change federal policy, by congressman putting small changes into legislation. Just don't run your campaign based on them. That's not a winning strategy anymore. Economic populism is how Trump won, just like economic liberalism is how Obama won.

Well it was mostly the allegations. Moore was on defense during the entire home stretch and didn't have the charisma or personality to beat his attackers back.
I do agree that Trumpism is more successful than your standard Evangelical Paleoconservatism as Moore tried it but that's only a small detail. Alabamans were with Moore all the way before the stories of the teenage girls came out.

Democrat Strategy For 2018:

>Have no platform.
>Call your opponent a racist.
>If that doesn't work call him a Russian agent.
>If that doesn't work, hire some women to accuse your opponent of sexual misconduct.

So how do we fucking counter that? It seems to be working for them so far and it's not even 2018.

I didnt know Alabama was all nigger lovers.

Trump didn't win on "muh economy" that was just how he phrased everything. He won on identity politics, and there's nothing wrong with that.

>Trump won because he ran an economic campaign based on immigration, trade, economic elites, jobs, and his expertise as a business man. That's how he one.

Trump won because the Democrats were stupid enough to push Hillary as a candidate. Had they nominated someone with even a shred of charisma (like a monkey) the´d easily won.

Doesn´t matter though since Trump and his supporters are retarded enough to rile up the entire country against them and kill the whole Republican party in the process.

Yeah you have a point but the disturbing thing is that white people care so little about their survival that they won't vote to save themselves because of some stupid shit like that.

The Democrats do have a platform. Take from Whitey and give to those who are not White. Make America Brown Again. Why do you think all the minorities, even the successful ones, vote Democrat in huge majorities?

>Doesn´t matter though since Trump and his supporters are retarded enough to rile up the entire country against them and kill the whole Republican party in the process.
It was gonna die anyway.Hardly any non-whites vote Republican.

>white people care so little about their survival

Well some do though, that´s why they didn´t vote Trump who threatened to take their health insurance away to finance his Wall Street tax cuts.

Immigration can be a cultural issue, but Trump didn't run that way. He either used immigration as a security issue (MS-13, crime, unvetted refugees, etc.) or as an economic one (taking jobs, lowering wages, people training their replacements (H1-B), etc.)

He wasn't going around talking about cultural displacement. A lot of people took it that way, but that's not what he was saying. He used rhetoric that was more appealing to middle-of-the-road voters who just want to be safe and have jobs.

Well...that's actually true. I stand corrected. But still, how do we counter the Dems?

this sounds highly unlikely

Healthcare won't save you when you get murdered by violent blacks South Africa style.

>The Democrats do have a platform. Take from Whitey and give to those who are not White.

Is that rellay worse than the Republican platform: Take away from everyone except the chosen people and some billionaires?

Good post. I for one hate these backwards christcucks who think God is the answer to everything nearly as much as the sjw crowd. They both fuck with your head and the youth of the nations heads at given any opportunity, only the christcuck fundamentalists don't fuck with the country quiet as much so they get my support over the other lot.

I´m pretty sure your chance to get ill some day is significantly higher than getting murdered. At least if you don´t live in Compton or Detroit (in which case you are a moron anyway).

I agree with you, generally, but I think the allegations played a rather large role. The voices of these accusers were amplified by the #metoo movement, and most statistics I'm seeing suggest the majority of the state at least sort of believed them. I imagine most Trump supporters completely disregard the assault accusations against him. With Roy Moore? He lacks a certain something that Trump has - charm.

I definitely do believe the future of the right-wing relies on us giving up the fight on issues that most people have already made up their minds about. Most people already think the LGBT community should have 100% equal rights and should be able to get married. Saying anything against this is political suicide. Abortion is more split, but it's better to be like Trump and to have a sort of wishy-washy view of it. My girlfriend is pro-choice, as are most child-less women, and it's dumb to alienate them moving forward.

Christians should be treated as part of the right, but they shouldn't have near as much power and influence as they have traditionally had.

Nationalism is the key to success.

AMERICA, AMERICA, AMERICA. MUSLIMS, MUSLIMS, MUSLIMS. MEXICANS, MEXICANS, MEXICANS. JOBS. JOBS. JOBS. This is how you win an election, because this is the stuff people privately care about while pretending to be 'enlightened'.

Seek help, honestly. I'm very pro-Trump but you sycophants are just disturbing at this point.

Cuckservatives will destroy the republican party. Sad

Your pedo lost. Cry some more.

No, but the Republican voter base doesn't believe in that stuff. They are at war with their party leadership, while the Democrats don't have this problem.

Or he could have combined both and had the backing of conservatives with him and had the Anglo Saxon principal of not guilty until proven guilty applied to him. You know like a conservative?

I have to admit. I don't think the accusations are true. However Moore did such a shit job at responding to them. Like he basically let them gang up on him instead of deflecting them.

These accusations are false. That's your defense? You're a judge ffs!

Not only that but he ducked Jones in a debate. He also went missing for a week instead of campaigning during the finals. When Jones hit him, have you noticed he never really hit back and put Jones back on the defense.

There's a reason he failed in his previous bids. His campaign gameplaning is Hillary tier.

>those opinions
>that spacing
Hello r/de

More like the Republican leadership is at war with their mostly poor and uneducated voter base which is too stupid to recognize it.

They recognize it well. Why do you think they voted for Trump?

Strong arguments leaf.

/thread. And trips of the devil!

One is literally a one line post

You mean the man that is against universal healthcare, minimum wage, a social security net and wants to fund tax cuts for the rich with cutting medicare and medicaid?

Probably because they are morons.

Rather good post. Sadly, I have to agree that Reagan era conservatism, the ideal republican, is now gone. It can't weather the blows of modern liberals because libs have no moral compass or integrity to suffer, whereas it is vital to the reputation of a Reagan republican. This should sound familiar, as this is the last stage of desperation a race has before collapse. Our enemy has degraded itself to the extent it has unrestricted access to attack in virtue of having no integrity thereof to lose.

Trump won objectively, and by not adhering to class warfare. This inclusion was unifying to the party despite all of the establishment convictions against him. We need to be quite mindful of who we inspire to be our next champion because it is these qualities that gamble our country's future.

If the commies win this time, they win for good.

what you should take away from this is what most people already know: you are not the majority, you just had more voters for trump. Apathy was your only ally and that is not going to be the case over the next couple of election cycles coming up. What trump will have to do is move more towards the middle. Its what everyone will have to do as this generation of old, outdated liberals and conservatives die out. Trump promised to unite people, I doubt he thought he would be uniting everyone against him. Theres a clear path to the majority, and its right down the middle.

>So how do we fucking counter that?
Dems have it figured out- be proud that your sexual predation has motivated you to work against Trump.

Liberal hate machine

Nah, it showed that if you don't immediately call out your opponents false allegations that you're going to have to deal with lasting damage.

Christian conservatism as described here was always flawed like described here and shouldn't be your only focal points. Economy and illegal immigration are more pressing concerns and should take the lead, the entire evangelical christian bullshit are secondary concerns.

This There is no Bipartisan politics anymore.

>I have to agree that Reagan era conservatism, the ideal republican, is now gone.

So the guy that made a whole generation poorer than their parents is an ideal Republican?

Oh boy.

We expose their filthy ass. If it's ONE THING I've learned over the past 10 years, it's that liberals blame everyone else for what they're themselves most guilty of. Just one link gone and it will be shocking how quick the chain falls apart.

Around the globe....separate Ideological democratic parties no longer exist...we should probably stop thinking in those terms.

Deep State is all there is.

Op is right and I say this as a man that personally lost shekels betting on Moore- Pic Related. Moore was our Hillary; a toxic ideologue out of touch with his constituents and literally too radioactive for anyone but hardened evangelicals. Bad move.

Big picture time? Alabama will be red in 2020, Trump will win 2020 and Bannon (pbuh) should take this they way we should, as a lesson.

As for Moore?
Sessions should allow him One (1) black 14yr old girl, ideally named Shani-qua, to be dragged screaming off the street and eaten on webcam by Moore wearing the pimped out gowns of a Grand Wizard and then henceforth forgiven and forgotten.

Good post, you make a compelling case. Elections are won on the economy. Personally I think social issues should be discussed behind closed doors and driven by cultural shifts.

OP is right, however i still feel like upcoming candidates should illustrate their faith in a less theocratic sense but rather in a cultural nationalistic sense eg. "America and western civilisations is founded and has been moulded by its christian faith, which must be protected". This strikes a cord to any patriotic american or western person, because its essentially true. However Roy took it to the extreme, the guy basically quotes bible passages in every sentence he speaks, he is a literal theocrat.

Good post.

Truth is, from what I've observed, that with every year both the dem and rep party are drifting to the ends of the political spectrum and are hating more and more each other.
There's no more that mutual understanding of the 90s that boomers had. Basically lefties are growing more bloodthirsty and anti-white, while most republicans dropped that "christian neo-conservative" image and began to run on a more anti-immigrant platform.

The US either fall in a civil war or loses its economic leadership of the world because of the demographic changes.
Or there's a third option - WHITE AMERICANS FINALLY WAKE UP

>Roy Moore ran a completely social-issues-based campaign. All he talked about was homosexuality, abortion, transgender bathrooms, etc. He didn't even emphasize immigration.
Spot-on
Why bother the mere issues such as gay marriage and whatever... these issues are so old news, time to move on. The main issues are immigration and economic. That's why Roy lost because he didn't focus on these.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Op's mostly right.

sorry user, I just can't take a thing you say seriously if you're so illiterate you spell "won" as "one"

Yes Richard Spencer's twitter is fun to read.

>Stick to the economy! It's where elections are won.

Okay, this is a good post, and I think you're right (insofar as Bannon's economic populism is more effective than the Christian values-oriented campaign that Moore ran) but you can't honestly believe these elections have nothing to do about race. Trump didn't win because of the economy, although I'm sure some fall-in-line Republicans voted for him thinking "hey at least he'll cut taxes or create jobs" the same way some single-issue voters decide on an abortion stance alone. If we're being realistic, Trump won because although he focused on economic populism, he interweaves a subtle yet powerful appeal to white identity in America.

Of course, running for President and Senate are very different things, but the point is that we need to pivot to Trump's style more (and be realistic about it).

I don't see the third option anymore. There was so much potential with Brexit then Trump, but then nothing else was allowed to happen. If anything, Alabama proved that half of them would rather stay home and remain in their perpetual slumber.

>while the Democrats don't have this problem
The Democrats don't have a leader at all

Reagan was shit user, Nixon was probably the last decent president

Julian Assange predicted it earlier this year in pic related. Maybe stick to the economy publicly, but campaigns are going to be run on racial and social issues whether we like it or not from here on out, and we need to beat the left at their own game.

Doug Jones speech almost sounds like an anti-democrat speech,As if it is directed at the corruption of Democratic party by the Clintons?

Observations of Jones Speech:
>He is shocked he won.
>The marriage is on the rocks.
>Mentions 'US Attorny buddies" @1.51
>A lot of people 'couldn't make it" what does this mean?
Doug Jones: Decency wins (full)

youtube.com/watch?v=X9AY1KtIDYI

You're gonna need more than dubbles if you want this to be true

Fair point. You can't legislate morality, politics should be pragmatic and focus on practical issues that benefit their constituency, that's the appeal of populism.

Trump won because he let his opposition do the stupid moralfagging and called them out on it.

Your arguments are hyperbolic and typical for a Euro that has no real political insight about America beyond The Daily Show and strongly Democrat biased internet forums. Like for example you're going on about "Hurrr the republican party is finished this time for good" which incidentally is what people were saying in 92, 96, 04, 08 - it's just not likely one of the two parties will ever truly die.

Then there's this business right here. Yeah I'm sure the only reason rural and southern whites might not like Democrats is a lack of education. It's not like there's elements of the Democratic base that go out of their way to antagonize them and support measures that are basically "fuck you" in legal form like any number of silly ideas for gun control.

this doug guy had 100k votes less than the last democrat that ran in Alabama. Without the alligations, this theocrat would've won

>"America and western civilisations is founded and has been moulded by its christian faith, which must be protected"
It depends where and who you're trying to appeal to. I don't think that's the way forward, most people don't give two fucks abortions, trannies, weed and what not.

>Roy Moore's loss can provide a good lesson if we read it the right way

i.e. Trump got BTFO

Yeah but I think what OP was trying to say was that even if the allegations tipped the scales (I think they definitely did) there's still lessons to be learned. For one, Moore's campaign style was outdated. White Americans are angry but not about a lack of religious values in this country. Moore thought he could win with typical Christcuck talk, which probably could've worked if it weren't for the allegations but that's the past Republican Party, the new trend within the party seems more aligned with Bannon, who doesn't even bring up religion in his speeches. He doesn't care because he knows neither does Trump's base.

>Trump won because although he focused on economic populism, he interweaves a subtle yet powerful appeal to white identity in America.
Not so much as the left insisting on becoming the coalition of minorities against straight white men, they've overplayed their hand, it's too early for that game.

You're right, at the end of the day most people don't really care about social issues, e.g. I don't give a shit about gay marriage because I'm not a gay looking to get married so it has no effect on my life, however economic issues sure as fuck do because if it fucks up bad enough I can't buy bread at the store within a few days.

Yeah, fair point. When I say "appeal to white identity" I don't mean white supremacists or outright ethnonationalists, though obviously they would like his message too. I'm talking about just ordinary white men sick of anti-white bias and hearing constantly "white privilege" while they struggle through their own shit, just all the leftist identity politics in general.

If Bannon had shut his mouth we would probably either have Mo or Strange as AL senator. If I've learned anything, it's that it's probably in our best interest to listen to Trump because like OP said he knew how to win. Bannon had a big part in ruining our chances here.

This. Dude had no bantz and his campaign mailers read like a five year old wrote them.

The goal should be focusing on implicit white identity and crafting a platform that rewards middle class whites. Immigration and visa controls, tax deductions for children and private schools, etc. Shit that white people care about and benefit the most from.

Moore was just too much of religious nutjob, and trust me everyone knows and believes he is a child rapist. One thing I have learned in life, is the most religious people usually are the most evil people.

atheist conservative here
running a christian fundamentalist campaign against homosexuality and transgender bathrooms offers pretty much nothing to me, if he talked less about social issues and more about the economy he wouldnt have seemed like such a shit candidate