The Promised Neverland

mangastream.com/r/neverland/025/4002/1

Things seem to be picking up fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/3zKin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no dump
Here we go, fag.

They are so incredibly, incredibly fucked.

Also there was an interview apparently:

Shirai apparently worked for some company after graduating university. He said it had nothing to do with manga at all and that this is his first time being a real mangaka (or rather manga author).

He was about to give up after several of his scripts got trashed and told himself that he wasn't talented. He regretted it and called his latest attempt "The Promised Neverland" which was also meant to be his last try as a Mangaka and was written 3 years ago. He wrote 300 pages, because he was unable to properly summarise it and naturally a lot of things were changed from his original script. His intention was just to know if this last attempt was any good or trash like his previous ones. Newcomers usually don't bring 300 pages to such a evaluation meeting, because it's absurd. When Demizu encountered Shirai he read the whole script at once. He would usually get bored midway when he read scripts, but this time - all 300 pages - were so entertaining that he couldn't stop. Back then (well even now if you don't count TPN) Shirai was a nobody, so it was hard to trick Jump into giving the Duo a chance, but Demizu believed in Shirai's talent. Shirai planned back then to let someone else draw it. Shirai himself can draw, but the editor felt like it didn't do the script justice and that it would be too hard to expect Shirai to keep up the quality of the writing and draw it.

Demizu points out once again that he joined the project after Shirai (and Sugita). Also Sugita is basically responsible for uniting the two into a team (and making them do the oneshot). "They fell in love right away with each other." Shirai loved Demizu's art as much as Demizu loved Shirai's writing. Shirai also knew about Demizu's art before they meet. He explains what he loves about Demizu's art like the expressions, background, cuteness etc. Shirai was so happy when he saw Demizu's draw his oneshot, because the outcome was better than he even imagined. TPN was basically not planned for Jump so it was kinda troublesome to decide with the editor what part of the script should stay the same and what shouldnt. There was stuff Shirai absolutely wanted to keep and that didn't fit Jump, but they ultimately let that in. That's why it's not like the rest of the magazine and more of an oddball (like Death Note was). It looks like the reviews for the Oneshot where alright and that's why Shirai was allowed to go through with most of his vision. Shirai had two oneshots before starting TPN. One was ポピィの願い/Poppy's Desire with Demizu and the other was アシュリー=ゲートの行方/Ashley=The Gate's whereabouts which he released all alone. Both were published on Jump+.

Man, I fucking adore the artist's color works.

They're absolutely gorgeous.

The art this chapter has really increased. I can feel the emotions of the characters.

Thats not just a broken leg, thats a destroyed joint

Two anons dumping a chapter really makes it way easier.

Yeah sorry about not starting, was reading the chapter myself.

End. Also Volume 2 Extras:
imgur.com/a/3zKin

Every fucking chapter gets better and better, damn. Who will fuck off with Norman before tomorrow?

Isabella x Emma OTP

Dang and people expected Isabella to turn out a good person

aw fuck the spoilers were true

>Ray arrives
>Broken Emma
>Shipped Norman

HOW THE KIDS ARE GONNA ESCAPE THIS?

>Norman finds the Pen
>Gets shipped
>Demons worship him now
>Tells them to kill Isabella
>Rules forever with his waifu Emma

>That fucking Phil foreshadowing

This fucking niggalet

kek but damn normans death flag was already pretty high now I gotta read the spoilers next week I can't see him getting out of this at all moma just crushed their plans and hope at the same time

HMMMMM

>Mama breaking Emma
I wanted this to happen, but not like this. Not like this.

The kids can't do something during the night because Emma won't be able to move and Norman would rather sacrifices himself than compromise the survival chances of his waifu.

Norman is definitely dead T____T

Nah, Emma will just have to make a deal with Mama to save Norman.

>stay and die tomorrow
>run away and live
Really doesn't seem like a hard choice to take for norman desu

I want Mama to break my dick

You forgot the whole "she's my waifu" thing.
And this is a shounen manga.
0% chance of him abandoning her. More likely an asspull than that.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN

>instead of running away and coming back with help to save my waifu I'll just do nothing and die now, that sure is a smart move
I doubt he will suddenly become a retard

>Norman is this delusional.
The poor bastard

It doesn't look like Mama can bargain with the demons
If they try to just run away like that, the possibility of success will be very low and he'd rather sacrifices himself than let everybody die (especially Emma) with him.
And just running away goes against his absolute love for keikakus.

>If they try to just run away like that, the possibility of success will be very low
It's still better than dying 100% the next day.

>and he'd rather sacrifices himself than let everybody die
But he doesn't have to. No matter if he stays or goes. Emma's leg will remain broken and she will stay in the farm for X weeks.

That leg breaking was a wake up call for Norman, he's delusional if he thinks he can save everybody, time he accepts Ray's proposal.

Imagine that scream animated. Is charmander in the ova all over again

>Emma can't escape but demands Norman go anyway
>Emma eventually goes to Mama school and tries to fix the world from the inside while Norman and co work from the outside.
>years of hype for when they reunite.
mite b nice

Norman won't budge at first but Emma will probably talk him into just escaping with as many kids as possible and leave her behind

Cue touching moment of a promise of seeing each other again in the world outside and Phil and the pen fucking mama over to allow for a clean escape while emma gets sent to Mama school cause she has a reason to survive now etc

That leg breaking was pretty brutal, and I knew it was coming too.

I need the next chapter right now.

What if he's the real protagonist and this whole escape attempt was just an extended prologue?

>emma gets sent to Mama school cause she has a reason to survive now
would the demons except this with ema, norman, and ray being special food for "special someone" and mama letting ray and norman get away would they really just let emma become a mama they could still eat her brain

Wait, what were the two messages that the kids didn't understand the meaning of?
I wonder if the thing in the pen is a cipher that changes what those two mean into something SHOCKING.

Honestly, it's being laid on so thick, I think Norman's gonna pass the Death Flag Event Horizon and come out safe.
It'll be so obvious that he's going to die that his living will be a bigger twist.
Same thing that happened to All Might from Hero Academia.

I could kinda see this.
If the kids don't escape, I could see them all being separated and shit, then a timeskip of sorts happening and them coming back together.
Really lay into the Peter Pan stuff with them actually growing up.

wouldn't isabella have problems if she damaged the top goods? the meat in that leg ain't healthy anymore

Absolutely terrifying, holy shit. Mama is a god tier antagonist.

I'm 100% sure they don't need the leg, only the nutrients from the brain. Probably linked to the flower that bloom from their dead bodies.

>"They fell in love right away with each other."
I ship it

They want their brains

>from their dead bodies.
I was thinking about that.

The demon didn't bloom a flower from Niggamama, he stabbed the stem of it into her chest.

What if the point of the flower ISN'T to kill them.
I mean, why would you kill the brain so far from actually consuming it?

I think that plant may be a paralytic. Putting them into a suspended state with whatever poison is in it.

I figure Mama would be impressed that they were able to fool her and let some of them escape that she would send Emma there to see what her full potential is

They probably need all 3 of them for the ritual, I doubt you can half ass something they have been preparing for years

Maybe she is only planned to be shipped after her leg heals? Also who knows which parts of their bodies the monsters like, maybe the legs are not that valuable.

The flower did bloom from her body, though. It's probable the flower grows from the brain's nutrients, and is pretty much the "actual" food demons eat.

>The flower did bloom from her body, though.
no

They can't escape right now for simple narrative reasons: they haven't found Krone's pen and message.

Oh lord almighty I'd love to see this part animated. I'm so turned on right now

Best WSJ pairing, even better than Numa Shun x Editor.

Are you saying we are not gonna get a panel of the demons eating some kids? Guess it would make sense if we didn't since this is still a shounen.

I think he means how the flower was not in bloom before it was inserted into her body. The flower is taking sustenance from the body, I guess.

I remember seeing the demons put Conny's body inside a container filled with liquid. Even if she was merely paralyzed, her lungs would fill up and she would surely drown. However the flower could be a parasite that takes roots inside the dead body and prepares it for consumption.

Is that the same number as on the phil image

With this, I think the chances of Emma being sent to mama tryouts has increased.

They'll likely try some last ditch effort of carrying her outside, it'll fail, and she'll manage to have them escape by staying behind, maybe through a deal with Mama

Agreed. Manga adaption when?

Is she gonna be ok?

I still think they eat everything, but the brain is like the best part, probably has a lot of demon cuisine and shit involved
just like how those monsters in chapter 1 were happy with human and cat "meat", not just the brain

Lets be honest here
Isabella is a top tier farmer, would buy from

yup looks like a coordinate but if krone thought it would help them out its definitely more than that could be a key to something or a weapon wonder what based phil is gonna do with it
>They'll likely try some last ditch effort of carrying her outside
nah after this to do what would just be stupid they need to decide on abandoning ema or not I only see ema supporting that they ditch her though

Connie gets me so much and she barely had any screentime wtf

You think Waifufag is going to abandon her? Next chapter will be Emma trying to convince him to escape.

But isn't she planned to become food for the special ritual or something? I really don't know what's gonna happen to her.

Is it the cute frog eyes

You just feel guilty because you didn't protect her smile.

Has that been said by Mama? I was justa ssuming they thought they'd die because that's what usually happens. But since Emma is such a smart girl they could be saving her for becoming a Mama

Literally in this chapter. Grandma also said something similar when speaking with Krone, same for the demon meeting some time ago. The three kids are some high shot's fancied treat.

The demons said that the three kids are a feast for he who shall not be named, and that while they themselves can accept low quality food he absolutely needs the best of the best

>her smile and ability to walk
>gone

The only potential twist I can see is Emma already being down as a potential Mama and "the top three" referring to Norman, Ray, and whoever's ranked fourth.

Notice how the demons talk about "those three", not those two or that one. Emma isn't prepared as a Mama, she's prepared as food like the rest.

Actually it's on page 18 of chapter 7, from what I got they are planning to use the 3 of them on the special ritual.

B-Best Boy Phil!?

I want to fuck Isabella
Just look at size of those tits and hips

I didn't say they would but them trying to take her with them right now with a fucked up leg and with normans shipment being tomorrow is undeniably the worst move they can make but you're right norman abandoning his waifu is out of the question

>the other PLANTS aren't doing so great
Is he referring to children as crops or is he literally talking about the flowers that bloom on dead kids' corpses?

I wonder if they exploded during puberty or after she became a mama and started living a sedentary lifestyle.

The farms, duh. There's probably several of them around the world.

>take off your pants
>look down
>she's already broken your dick
hnng

That would be really fucking cool and interesting, but I think to many chapters have passed to be practical now. Making Phil the MC would mean another arc inside the orphanage, and that would get boring pretty fast.

Have we found out why the ID numbers are reversed yet?

All the ones that even manage to get the position of Mama are top tier farmers, and Isabella is supposed to be the best of them all.

I don't think Phil is gonna be the mc but they are probably gonna spend a little more time on the farm, since Chekhov's Pen is there.