Is the meme that millennials still live with their parents at 30 true? My friend didn't go to university...

Is the meme that millennials still live with their parents at 30 true? My friend didn't go to university, works in a warehouse but has his own home, maybe its just an American thing no?

>American thing

It's a European thing dumbass.

I clear 30k a year at 25yo and live at home. but 1 bedroom apartments in nashville are around 900 starting out. I only pay 200 living here. Homes are atleast 200k. Kinda stuck really. Hoping to save up and move about 40 mins north with my girlfriend next year. Would be a long drive but I got to get out of this house.

i moved out at 20, friends moved out at 18-20 also

>ill pass this question to my fellow europeans, the usa

Living at home, have to pay 500$ a month. I'm 30 Stuck in Limbo, trying to save up a down payment for a house.

It depends.
Some areas are expensive to live but moving to somewhere else in the USA can get expensive and its hard to do unless you have a job lined up.
I dont live with my folks, but they have asked me to come back. I think some of the millennials come back home because their parents want them to, and it helps reduce the living costs.

I'm 28 and still living at home to take care of my parents. Might have to continue since my parents don't have anyone to care for them, and I don't have a large enough income to put them in a home yet.

31 no income live at home. i do try to help out tho.

Up until trump we didn't have any good warehouse or factory jobs.

we say go to College vice University....just saying

I'm 30 and live at home but among my friends I'm the exception not the rule.

I lived on my own for a few years then I moved back home. It is a shameful display.

it'll take some time for you to save enough but if you don't move out in 6 years you're just a leach buddy.

Living with parents > being renting cuck

Sample size of one.

Wow, can't into statistics huh?

Depends on a country. In Finland it's very rare for even most antisocial autists to live with their parents, they get their own small shitty apartment and neetbux pay the rent.

31 living with my mom ,3 bitcoin if these doent work im fucked

Eurofag in the UK, can confirm. Lived with parents until 26. Then again, never had debt despite PhD in physics, I'm on a £39k salary, and got a bunch of offers in various countries for future career options. So it was probably worth it in the end.

I only know like 2 people who've moved out lel

>works in a warehouse
Opinion discarded

Moved out of my dad's house at 18 this past year my business went bankrupt and I lost everything now I live with my mom got a wageslave job and hoping to be back on my own by the summer

Finland bro is right.

Majority of people at 30 do not live with their parents. There is nothing wrong living with your parents if the relationship is good. I live in a house by myself and saving money can be difficult, unfortunately I can't stand being around them for more than a day.

>working in a warehouse
>owning a home

That depends highly on what you do in a warehouse. If you’re a warehouse supervisor or management of some kind, sure, you can make decent money. If you’re unskilled labor and probably came in with a temp. agency, you’re lucky to make $10/hour, which isn’t enough to live on, much less buy a house.

Maybe if he lived with his parents he wouldn't have to work in a warehouse.

what did they have you at 50?

Even if they had you at 42 that would make them 68 too young to be invalids. I call SHENANIGANS.

the poorer the country the more intact the family unit in a multi gen household.
got it.

AWOOOGA AWOOOGA

only one of my friends still loves with his parents and he's a bit younger than I am
(2-3 years)

So at the end of a day it's a good thing and a sign of prosperity that we don't have to live perched up together in a house with our fucking grandparents.

Here in Germany you also get kicked out at 20 - 21 at best.

You're not moving out of mommys house in most of the US unless you clear 40k+ a year and in some places 60k+ is needed. And you're not making that much without some seriously marketable skills that take years to learn. So you gotta do what I did and split rent, thankfully my "roommate" is also my younger brother, basically hes been my roommate my entire life. I could never live with some random stranger. SO we just split rent. Being in your 20's and still living at home is embarrassing as hell. I could be saving a lot of money by doing it, but I'll pay that $600/mo to save the embarrassment.

less to do with millennials being manchildren and more to do with drastic increases in the cost of living coupled with stagnation or decrease of pay

courtesy of your jewish overlords

I lived at home even though I make ~70k but my parents adore me. Wasn't getting laid tho so I moved to a shit apartment way beneath my means and got sexed like a week later. My parents are bummed I'm not around but i was turning 27. Got to cut the cord at some point.

I agree but that's just tough shit, you should not be 21+ living with mommy. You gotta make it work.

When you have your own spot it makes it so much easier. So many young guys still live at home, you mention to a girl "my apartment" and its a done deal 9/10 times for me.

I'm 28 and make 50k a year. Have my own house, which I rent but it's less than 1k a month. Incel weebs and NEETs made this meme seem more prevalent than it is.

>28
>having to hospice-care your parents

Dude, when did they have you? 62 years old?

Paying rent > living like a child under your parents' house rules

That's a common excuses these bums use. I'm like dude your parents are only 53 what care do they need? They're as healthy as you are.

No you're right you get to live under the rules of some other ((((landlord)))

>maybe its just an American thing no?
no
My brother is 28, I'm 25. We both still live at home since we just do not have enough money saved up to move out.
I got lucky with bitcoins couple of years ago, so I'm moving out next year in january. No idea when my brother will be able to move out...

I studied IT, my brother chemistry, so it's not like we have meme diplomas

>2-3 years
You have a toddler friend?

Exceptionfag here. I was lucky, got a great job before I even graduated college, moved away and lived abroad for five years. Then I traveled for another year before finally landing back home and moving in with my parents.

What none of the lonely, socially isolated but "induhpenduhnt" fags in this thread will tell you: Ditching your family ruins your mental health, sooner or later. I'm finally back home, and I'm loving every moment of it. Don't take your tribe for granted.

$900 / month? That will get you a closet with roommates in a real city.

26, taking care and living with my 95 year old grandma. $1 million house is mine when she dies since her kids are fags who dont care for her. Property tax isnt much and its been paid off since the 60s.
I pretty much lex luthored the house from them.

55k a year, no gf working too muchbto give a shit.

You're still a bum. I love both my parents, I only live 1 hour away and see them every few weeks. You're not a man if you don't live independently. You wasted valuable time "traveling" and now you're back with mommy, you could have been studying, furthering your education or in the work force making money but no, you wanted to escape that. Now you're paying for it.

It's the wasted generation. They have the best education and the best conditions of living yet they like nigger they like fags and they behave like niggers.

(((Landlords))) are a meme you monarchists have held onto since your feudal days. My guy lives in another city and is a chill Hispanic.

That’s not a lex Luthor and you deserve it for honoring your Gma and letting her pass on her own terms at home

Me and my mom did the same thing for Grandma, she wanted to die at home so we spent a year driving From Detroit to New Hampshire and even though I had to quit my job it was well worth it. Who wants to die in a nursing home surrounded by terrible employees

>paying a spic's mortgage
it gets even worse

I moved out the month after my 18th birthday and got my own apartment. Have been on my own since and I'm 30 now. Clear $50k a year doing IT, no degree. Moved from Pa to Flordia. I know 99% of people i went to school with have their own home by early to mid 20s either with or without a degree.

The other 1% are dead due to OD or jail.

In and out between 19-21
Joined LE on 22nd birthday
Moved back to US on 27th, got my own property and home

>Throwing your money away renting

I live in new york subburbs and id say about 80 percent of my high school graduating class still lives at home.

I moved out at 25, came back at 27, moved out again at 28 :)

this

tfw my dad lives with me in public housing

shit sucks

My brother and his wife moved back in with my parents when she got prego at 34. His career path took him into computers, cozy career but not a money maker, average at best.
I'm younger and started my welding apprenticeship at 19. By 25 i bought my own place. Have a sweet bank roll and decent investment portfolio. But it's difficult for me to hold a solid relationship down because i'm always away from home. It's a trade off.
He's happy though, decent little family. I'm happy for him.

42 + 28 = 70

I'm out here banging it out in south florida with no degree as well, 27 I just made it work. I've worked like 7 different jobs, learned more and more skills. No matter where I can go I can find something that will pay close to $20/hr. These lazy faggots don't want to get their hands dirty.

>he doesn't live on the same hundreds of acres his family has lived on for generations

Don't you have a meeting to attend, wagecuck?

Making double, sometimes triple min wage here, working 50 hour weeks.
Recently moved out but I'd live at home again if I could. About 1/3rd of my pay goes to taxes immediately, after car insurance, gas, food,soap/laundrysoap/etc, internet, utilities, and lets not forget RENT (its around 1000$-2500 here for a place, monthly, I lived with a roommate for a while who was a total autist and also never cleaned up, during that time I only paid 450 which was half the rent).
But yeah, after all of those deductions, I really don't have any money left, especially if there is no overtime for a couple weeks. I usually look at my bills at the end of the month and go put some booze on a credit card and drink until i black out.

My dad's in his 50s and legally blind fucko, try again lmao

I’ve spoken with Devendra. He was really nice.

I ain't even gonna argue with you. I love my mother, and nothing - I repeat, NOTHING - beats settling back in with family after a long adventure. I've had my success. Only you, deep down, know what works for you.

Do you have any idea what it's like to be gone for years, come back and realize your friends are married off, your little siblings are grown up, and you missed it all? I didn't think so. That's not being a "man." That's abandoning your family because you think the capacity to earn money is the hallmark of manhood.

Why would I miss any of that? I'm working I'm not in prison you retard. You fucked up don't blame me, you went for the "travel and find yourself" meme and now you're back at home, not making shit while your peers are getting married and buying their first homes, settling into a career. You're not doing shit with your life.

Millenials only exist in America

This.
Don't give away money to landlord jews and keep the wealth in the family.

I have my own family and we've moved back next to my parents, after a long time in separate countries. We get along well, I'm helpful when they need it, and they get to see their grandkids easily. Might be different if we lived in the same house, though, I'm unsure.

Exactly, Shit is cake as long as you develop yourself and aren't a lazy retard.

It's worse than true. Now the millennial thing is to get married and still live at home. That's the new trend. Starts out with "we" saving money for "our" house.
I know , how about get your shit together, grow up be an adult buy a house , THEN get married.
Millennials = but but then we won't have enough money to be Peter Pan if you expect us to pay BILLS.

>>I agree but that's just tough shit
well fuck you too.

If you live in NY, unless you have a bigtime big pay job, it's almost impossible to move out.

And NY has a problem with oversaturation of college grads, and shit living costs compared to the average wage.

>Liberals like to talk big about minimum wage but never do anything about it themselves

>moved out at 18-20
Yeah, into your free university daycares but you'll be back when you graduate. If you ever do.

Well I live in the southern part of florida outside of miami where the rent is near NYC prices. That being said, move the fuck out of NY. Start applying for jobs in like PA or something. Better yet apply for jobs down in the south where you can cover rent by working $15/hr jobs.

>t. can't readlet
I did something with my life before any of my friends, and then I realized chasing carrots is bullshit if you can't back it up with a spiritual connection to your loved ones. You're not wrong, I am now a bum. But while I'm here, I love it.

Can't get upset at the travel meme when you fell for the shekels meme, goy.

That sounds like the perfect situation. Live next door, so you're still in close proximity, but also have the honor of being a homeowner so autists like don't screech.

29 still live with mom she just got her leg amputated so I am stuck with her and don't mind I will support her to the end since she is all I have

Mother cooks all his meals , washes folds sox undies, probably cleans his room and makes his bed. Doesn't mow lawn or take out trash , to busy being an infant on his mommy's tit . Image a military full of idiots millenials ? Fucking Salvation Army would kick their asses .

Except . When grandma goes the family buzzards will swoop in for their cut of the cash. Better study up on Probate Law. There is NO squatters rights in Estate law. Thanx for doing all the upkeep but get the Fuck out you have ZERO claim unless it's in a written will. Happens all the time.

Look how averted to family you are. Even if a man pays rent, cooks, cleans, and otherwise contributes, you whine, "Wahhhh that's for babies." Who do you think fights harder: A man who fights for his mother, or a decrepit cunt who thinks that's for babies?

Call your mom, user.

There's a fine line between having the balls to support yourself financially and blindly chasing cheddar like the good goy you've been programmed into. I have a MS in computer science, I'm not hurting for money. I can tell you out of experience that your ties in blood trump all. When you're down on your luck, when you're far away and have no one there for you, when you ultimately get sick of spinning your wheels and want out of your rut, your family is the only eternal basis that will (or ought to) be there for you. And likewise you for them. Sum that up as infantile as you wish, but when life - or especially death - confronts you, again, and again, and again, it's those with the support of their families who'll be laughing.

Bless your soul.

>PhD in physics, I'm on a £39k salary

mama's boy

in mexico is normal living with your parents until you get married, while you are a student after that you have to get a job and contribute to the bills of the house(food, electricity, water, etc) i know a NEET guy but even he is forced to work in his family's restaurant a few days of the week, all the single(never married) friends that i know they are still living with his parents and have a good relationship with them

Do you think everyone just lives in perfect health until they hit 80? Boomers especially didn't seem to take care of their bodies.

why is it so wrong to live near/with family? my parents have land why shouldn't I just build a cabin and live in it, instead of having to have a 30+ year career to pay for a mortgage? Also I refuse to shell out cash to rent someone else's place. Everything is such a fuckjob anymore the economy needs to crash and maybe the price of things will correct itself. You used to be able to save up a couple weeks and really do something with the cash, now between rent, gas and insurance, utilities, taxes what is left? The price you have to pay to rent some shithole is insane, what should cost 100 bucks costs you 600 a month. The price of gas is completely artificial too, what a waste of money and resources

I'm 29 and live with with mom. She has had breast cancer and few years later, a stroke. I have to do a lot around the house and drive her to appointments frequently. Stressful because it's like another job.

Not too bad in the UK. That's about £2.2k net per month, health insurance and social security payments included. Given that I live in a shithole of a city, so my share of rent is only £500 for the house (including council tax) - about £1000 go into savings every month, that's like $1300 or so?

Not too bad for a useless number cruncher. Moving to the USA next year, though, but things will be pretty much the same.

Because 4chin is too far down the kiked loneliness whole to admit that being close to family feels really, really good.

Im 28 and I live in my parents home but they live elsewhere all i pay is the cable and internet feels good

can confirm. 1.5k/mo for a living-room-sized apartment with one roommate in nyc. feels bad man

Depends,here even though lefties try to destroy the family unit as much as they can theres still a sense of family here,people up to the age of their 20s still live with their parents because getting a job is getting higher,prices for houses and apartments are also pretty high and jobs dont pay enough,unless you are of a traditional family from Italian colonies and live with a lot of family members and few of extended family then theres not much wrong with living with family on your 30s,now if you live in your parents house in your 30s without any of said situations then youre a loser

I'm married with 2 kids. Will be 30 come this may...still renting which sucks but I my wife has shitty credit so I'm trying to get her debts paid off so we can have a reasonable buy a reasonable house

Oh and was out of the house literally 2 weeks after my 18th birthday

Kinda neat to have a job straight at 18 that earns enough to pay rent. Well done!

I moved out as soon as I hit 20, and 10 years later I totally regret it. I should have just lived with my parents for the majority of that time, save all the money I could, then put a 50% down payment on a small house or condo. Instead I'm still renting with almost no money saved up for a house.

Went out to live on my own at 19 and came back to my parents at 23. Im now 25 and paying rent. Id rather give them the money than to some kike landlord. Beside, I can save some money for a condo later on

Some do. I moved out when I was 25, brother moved out when he was 24.

All you're doing is making excuses because your ego can't take the fact that you're a bum

>family

I come from a large catholic family, I still talk to my parents all the time. That doesn't mean I'm going to be a bum and mooch off them. If you really loved your parents so much, you would get the fuck out of the house. bum.

>30
>Saving up money for down payment
You dun goofed. My 11 year old shoves money into savings. He's got more in his account right now than I do (probably because he's milking me for money/chores).

I joined the army at 18, got out at 24, then beat my dick around Seattle for 2 years trying to be a good little normie goy. By the time I was 26, I was exhausted from working/sitting in traffic/etc and having nothing to show for it. I was making 55k a year and miserable.

So I moved home to my parents at 26 and that was 2 years ago. Im completely out of debt, got a new job I love that out in the woods, and am currently looking for property to buy and start a homestead/farm. I used my last 2 years to get a jump start on life that many never get.

Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices to get what you want in life. Living at home may be one of those things. That being said, if you are neet and live at home, killself.

This, mfw living in mummy's house like a bum, but have thousands in Bitcoin. Been jobless for months, think I'll get a job though, after this next NEETcation