Witch Craft Works ch 58 Live TL

I'm going to do this a little differently, this time. I'll just post the imgur gallery for ch 58 raws and I'll let Takamiya-kun and the Translator post the images in here at his convenience. Please don't post them in here as it will block him out from posting them along with his translation.

imgur.com/a/8fYMw

This is a longer chapter than most lately, at 34 pages, they have usually been 22-24 pages ever since the illness hiatus. I am hopeful that this is a sign that Mizunagi-sensei is recovering successfully, and wish her the best. I am also about a third of the way through typesetting chapter 57 and hope to have it out in the next week or so.

Other urls found in this thread:

daxel.co.jp/witch_cw/#top
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well lets get it on then

Woot!

So It was Evermillion's idea for the name change. In order to change her fate, Honoka gave his name to Ayeka. Bonding her forever to him and forces her to live. And he basically NAMED her. Ayaka's life is now Honoka's responsibility.

Imgur is weird. It unloads images as you scroll down.

Man I am so lost in this series. I have a terrible memory and forgot everything except for MC gets princess carried often and that there is a busty Medusa I wouldn't mind having parts of my body petrified by. I really need to go back through this.

Beware of incomplete chapters on online readers !!!

WCW is very information dense.

I just can't get into this series.

>you will never get booped on the nose by Kazane
why even live ;_;
also
>those two maids helping Honoka making the bento

GEE I WONDER WHO THESE TWO ARE

Will do. Is there a particular site that has a good collection of the finished chapters? Potato deleted most of them.

Try mangapark and compare chapter-lengths.

Or actually try and collect the original releases yourself from scanlators and/or nyaa.

Thanks.

bump

The most difficult thing about Witch Craft Works is how it constantly jumps all over the place with randomness , then goes back to the main story, and then back to the randomness again. Adinfinitum. Aside from that I like it for the charmingly detailed art and it's unique world of witches.

So where is the story going next?
A war would be good, medusa releases some horrors and honoka has to team up with the german hq.

Also all that side-lore in the chapter notes that did not make it into the chapter.

bump

bamp

Shota Honoka is truly superior to current Honoka.

>Shota Honoka is truly superior to current Honoka.
Shota Honoka is basically being revived.

well current honoka is gaining strength both mental and physical with each broken seal

He's going back to shota Honoka, but compare how he was at a child and how he was at the start of the manga and it's a huge difference.

I wonder if we will get Honoka getting more powerful than Ayaka

Now just comes THE INCIDENT.

>WCW is still alive
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But I wonder how do penguins factor into Takamiya.

I think we will.

And back to original transparency.

They are just "snow" animals.
Remember he and Ayaka are fire witches. It's a joke from the author. Also they are cute.

We haven't seen Timpopo or anyone else for, like 9 months of this flashback. I miss them.

>I wonder if we will get Honoka getting more powerful than Ayaka
He had always been more powerful than Ayaka. Ayaka is just borrowing Evermillion's powers, and Evermillion is just borrowing Honoka's powers.

>Remember he and Ayaka are fire witches.
Strictly speaking Honoka himself isn't a fire user. Evermillion is a fire devil, and Ayaka herself is descendent from Fire witches. But Honoka himself is just plain powerful but without an element. Much like his 2nd mother Kazane.

in theory yes but in practice certainly not

Pachinko will save wcw from obscurity.

daxel.co.jp/witch_cw/#top

i'm not ready to give all my money to this series without even a damn plushie to show for it.

Just to let people know, I HAVE been working on it and making progress while busy with other things. I've just been otherwise engaged and it's a wordswords chapter, at least compared to WCW's norm. I'm about halfway done, but its quite late. If it's still up tomorrow morning I should be able to finish and post, otherwise I'll start a new thread with the pages and translation. Thanks for the patience as usual.

God bless

Thank you TatTs!

It looks like the last few chapters have been uploaded to potato, with the last one still queued to show up. Super grateful to you and the various anons who've dug up the raws, cleaned, and typeset for us. Much obliged!

Woow.

It's the best day of the month!

Did Ivory Dark ever come off hiatus?

>Did Ivory Dark ever come off hiatus?
My suspicion is that the author decided to finish off WCW first. She already missed her deadline in being in the other magazine, and she might as well change gears and work on Ivory Dark 100% once her duties finish with WCW.

It really isn't wise for any author to do more than one manga at a time. Not many authors ever managed it.

Thanks Tanslator-kun.

If Honoka ends up becoming stronger and more dominant than Ayaka I'm going to be really mad.

The wait is killing me....

The most difficult thing is the complete lack of likeable, relatable characters

i dunno man, i like them.

You da best!

Why? Also not sure about being dominant but honestly I wouldnt be suprised if he got stronger than her seeing as she is essentialy living only due to life support she receives from him.

>Why?
Because right now this is one of the few manga appealing to my fetish.

Don't worry man, this manga will open you up to a new one soon enough.

Maybe you'll suddenly get a fetish for bullying tall girls.

After this I want fro Honoka to give a big hug to Kazane and call her teacher just to see her reaction, its a must.

>embarrassed Kazane

i cannot maintain an erection of that magnitude

>ywn call Kazane teacher
>ywn see her act embarrased and small tears on her eyes.
>ywn be hugged by her as she is happy to be called that again by you.

It hurts anons, make it stop

i'm sorry, i can do nothing for your boner.

This will probably be a bit sporadic as I'm at work, so if I vanish for a while, fret not. I tried to go back and match up a bit with chapter 36 where we saw many of these scenes partially as flashbacks, but it wasn't really a 1-to-1 and context is everything.

----------------------

-Fate?
- ----Indeed. You've only just forged a contract with me, yes?
-In other words, you have become bound with me by blood oath.
-This means that you have currently become able to utilize my powers to some extent.
-[Witch Craft Works]
-What you performed earlier is called the "Ruler's Kiss". It is the simplest method of revival known, however...
-...this is a spell that grants power according to its target's will to live. Turning the chessboard around, it will have no effect on a target that LACKS the will to live.
-[Mizunagi Ryuu]
-In other words, she WISHES to die.
-Would you still call her back?
-I wonder...are you prepared, for the sake of your own egoism, to shoulder the burden of her life?

--------------------

I love the way she draws Evermillion.

--------------------

-.............Yeah.
-[Takamiya-kun IS prepared!!]
-I'll shoulder it!
-I'll shoulder her life.
-..............In that case, I have no objections. Let us begin.
-I'll make this girl into your retainer.
-....Retainer?
-I'll make the girl into your suburdinate/underling! Perhaps I should say a knight under your direct control, or your right-hand confidant.
-((Royal Guard))
-Now then, in order to do that, it's necessary to separate a piece of something most precious to you and share it with her, but...
-In this instance I suppose it'd be fastest to just use some of your mana.
-Mana...?
::Translator's Note ((this should definitely be included on the actual page in some form when someone typesets this)) - The she's using here is a play on words by Mizunagi sensei. Anyone reading it

in english would assume she's talking about the typical "mana" we use to mean 'magical lifeforce/power' or the like. But she's not. Here in Japanese, literally just means "kanji". It's a counterpart word

to , as in kataKANA or hiroGANA. But the double entendre was definitely intended by sensei, given the circumstances and context.::

---------------------

I'll say this, it took a while to get here, but at least the flashback really does shed a lotof light on their relationship, emotions, and dynamic.

---------------------

-Takamiya Honoka. In your case, we're specifically focusing on the kanji in "Honoka", your given name.
-We're going to break off and grant one portion of it unto her.
-Break off...and grant it?
-Indeed. .....If it were me, personally, I would recommend the "Fire" pictograph.
-I AM a demon of flames, after a fashion, so it is a symbol with which I have a deep intimacy.
-Y...Yeah, I suppose. Good idea.
-((Ah~em~))
-ISN'T it just? Fufufu...
-Alright then, Honoka-kyun, command fire to engrave and addend your name unto her.
-EH-?! You mean MY name?!
-Wait a second, she already HAS a name! It's Ayaka!
-It's fine, isn't it? In any case, she's already died.
-If she's to be reborn, then wouldn't it be better for her to have a new name along with her new life?
-N...No way! It would NOT be good.

-----------------------

>Evermillion puffs with pride

Can you imagine if they DID just rename Ayaka Honoka as well? It would have made for quite the confusing manga,

I don't know if whoever typsets this might want to keep some of he kanji in the actual pages, or at least abovethe words kind of like furigana.

-----------------------

-H~mmm, I'll never really understand you Humans. You're really hung up on this, aren't you. Oh, very well.
-In that case, how about we leave the pronunciation of her name as Ayaka, but replace the "scent" pictograph that forms the 'ka' syllable with your own "fire" symbol?
-Yeah! In that case, that sounds great! Just what I'd expect!!
-Ufufu, you can feel free to praise me more, you know?
-Very well, now serve as witness to the ceremony of retainership that I shall lead.
-Put a little distance between yourself and the girl.
-.......R...Right.
-Ayaka...You have the devil's own luck.
-To think you would become the retainer of someone like HIM.

----------------------

----------------------

-WAH! WH......WHAT THE?!
-Do not panic! A new life is being born within the flames!
-Eh?
-From hence forth, both of your destiny's shall be bound together! I'm sure her soul shall be blessed!
-Once you call out her name, she shall respond to your summons!
-Now, declare it for all to hear!
-The name of your shield, who shall protect you, her Master, alongside the inferno!
-Right......Ayaka.......
-FROM THIS DAY FORTH, YOU ARE KAGARI AYAKA!

----------------------

>MOONCHIIIIILD

----------------------

-[Witch Craft Works]
-[Mizunagi Ryuu]
-[And with that, the Witch of Flames was born.]

-[Chapter 58: Takamiya-kun and the World in the Pendant, Part 8]

----------------------

Like the flame-in-eyes effect she uses.

----------------------

-.....Why?
-Thank god!

----------------------

----------------------

-Nngh...
-Oho, have you finally woken up, Honoka?
-.....................Sensei...!
-*GASP*-!
-I...!!
-UH...UHMMM! SENSEI! I! THE GIRL! YOU SEE-!
-Calm down.

----------------------

I think someone already

>sensei will never boop your nose

in the thread already.

That Komachi-inspired servantdoll.

>-[And with that, the Witch of Flames was born.]
That is probably when Ayaka truly came to be "made of Fire".

So essentially she was resurrected as a Fire Elemental. Many of us suspected that Ayaka was born in unusual circumstances, but I don't think any of us suspected that Honoka of all people was the one who (re)created her.

----------------------

-If you're referring to the girl you took with you when you escaped...then she's fine.
-UHMMM! BUT...! WHAT ABOUT *HER*-?! THE FAMILY HEAD HERE!
-Ahhh, if it's her you mean, I already banished her from here.
-I've got a subjugation squad all organized to handle it right now.
-...But more importantly, Honoka, you've really made one hell of a mess of things, haven't you.
-Eh?
-...You took that Lass's curse upon yourself, didn't you? Jeezus...
-.....Uhmmm...
-There's no way I could ever end your life and still show my face in front of Komachi ever again, BUT...Circumstances dictate that I MUST have you accept a fitting punishment.

----------------------

If Hono-kyun was anyone OTHER than Hono-kyun, Kazane would have just executed him. Scary.

>yfw Kayou and the entire Kagari house was subjugated in Honoka's sleep offscreen

Those are all "Kokeshi Monthly" magazines she's reading, by the way.

>-There's no way I could ever end your life and still show my face in front of Komachi ever again, BUT...Circumstances dictate that I MUST have you accept a fitting punishment.
Kazane you hypocrite. Honoka only did what you would have done to save Komachi. Honoka is very much your son.

----------------------

-I...I'll accept ANY punishment I have to! But, she shouldn't--!
-Ah, yes, as far as the girl goes....
-It seems as thought she's completely lost her memories of all recent events.
-Eh?
-We don't know if it's just temporary or not, but she has amnesia....She's doesn't remember you either.
-She'll basically be under house arrest here at the manor for a while. She's been very obedient.
-Well then...
-Wa...Wait a minute. That girl......Where is she?!
-You go find THAT much out on your own.
-(...........I saved that girl........Thank goodness.)

-------------------------

Sadly, we already know the punishment was having his and Ayaka's memories of the whole thing erased following this. Honoka lost YEARS of experience and his entire life with Kazane, his magic, his willpower and his physical strength and whatnot. He really did pay a price.

-------------------------

-It's kind of quiet....I guess there aren't many people left in the household, huh~
-I've been walking around the manor, but...
-...She isn't anywhere.

------------------------

Or call her Mom.

------------------------

-............If she isn;t in the manor house, then THAT means...
-(...The door......It's been broken down.....)
-(I kinda get the feeling it was Sensei who did it.....)

------------------------

He knows his master so well.

/ss/ /SS/

The whole chapter should probably include *hints on thier names) when the name is changed.

>The name of your shield, who shall protect you, her Master, alongside the inferno!
They will have to fight Germany HQ, won't they.

------------------------

-(Oh yeah, there was a place with a ton of books like this, wasn't there~)
-Uhmmm...-!
-Ara, if I remember right, you're the one Kazane-sama brought along...
-I'm her assistant. ...What are you doing here?
-I'm serving food right now. Ayaka-sama's meal, in fact.
-The reason I'm HERE is because she's secluded herself in the room just up ahead.
-!
-[Her nametag reads "Houzuki". Obviously she's the mother of Kanae, Ayaka's friend/servant from the early school chapters. They have a similar hairstyle.]

----------------------

As always, Honoka with the innate power to attract ara ara /ss/ milfs

>Sadly, we already know the punishment was having his and Ayaka's memories of the whole thing erased following this. Honoka lost YEARS of experience and his entire life with Kazane, his magic, his willpower and his physical strength and whatnot. He really did pay a price.
And if one was to be cynical, it could be argued that Kazane benefited from Honoka forgetting he was ever a magic users and had most of his powers locked away. If anything Kazane had more to gain by making sure her own breaking of rules is kept away from the public.

I know Kazane isn't evil, but she isn't perfect either. And she made decisions that aren't always going to work out.

I wonder if a Retainer is different than a Familiar.

Isn't it because he is already defacto dead because he is her "son" by blood?

Ayaka was already dead, so she got a stay of execution too, by a dead person.

(She trains him, so that he can reach a level where HQ cannot touch him, isn't she?)

I do wonder what happened to that friend. I figured she disappeared from the story because she wasn't a witch, but its obvious she's related to them somehow. You think she'd still show up at least as often as ice girl.

----------------------

-(She's here! It's her!))
-(But...she said she wouldn't leave? ...No...She was always kept away down here, so maybe it gives her a sense of security?)
-The young Miss has been asleep this whole time due to an illness. And now, even though she's finally recovered...
-Eh?
-(...So that's how they've rewritten things...)
-(Sensei told me, didn't she? That the girl had 'amnesia'...)
-(Does she really not remember anything about me......?)
-(...........No, that doesn't even matter.)
-(I have to become the one to guide her!)

----------------------

Nowwe kinda catch up to the scenes vaguely seen in C.36.

>I wonder if a Retainer is different than a Familiar.
Functionally they are probably the same thing. I mean Evermillion WAS a fire demon, but she was recreated to fit Honoka's own heart and soul. What you were before is changed when you bond with someone.

I just realised, that this means Ayaka is almost in the same Category as Tanpopo's paper dolls. They are genuine sentient creatures, but they are also bound to their creators. This makes the battle in the first chapter even more strange in retrospect.

>the germans are behind everything

Everytime.
I want some nazi with designs.

----------------------

-Uh--!
-Uhmmm...!
-...M...My name is Takamiya Honoka.
-I...I guess this is your first time meeting me.
-"She's...
-...always been sickly," they said.
-And that you were...asleep for a LONG time.

----------------------

----------------------

-Wo--
-Would you come along with me...
-...and try having a look outside?

-------------------------------------------

-Wo--
-Would you come along with me...
-...and try having a look outside?

---------------------

Poor Ayakacchi

---------------------

-(*Sigh*, I was magnificently rejected.....)
-(I wonder if there's a chance something could happen if I can teach her that the outside world is a nice place.)
-(If I can't use words to do it...)
-Anyway, this place sure is a strange building~
-Hm?
-What's this bump running down the wall......?
-Wah! It moved......It's a hidden door!
-H~eeeh, wow!
-I...It goes all the way up to the attic!

----------------------

Honoka has the Pathfinder skill.

----------------------

-Amazing! It's like having a secret base!!
-(Ah! That's it! I just had a great idea. This's the chance I was waiting for...! It's spacious up here, and away from prying eyes. Let's give this a shot!!)
-Alright!
-UH...UHMMM!!
-What is it, Honoka-kun?
-I wanna be the one to bring that girl her food today!
-Ara? That's fine, fufu.

----------------------

... why doe she remind me of Weekend?

----------------------

-You've been chatting with the young Miss the entire time these last few days, haven't you.
-Ohhhh, but it's been no use...
-I personally think there are also times when men have to be a bit more forceful in their ways!
-And? What should I make?
-Y...Yeah. If possible, something I could make on my own, nice and simple.....
-In that case, let's make some sandwiches, shall we?

----------------------

>Why not just rape the maids, Hono-kyun?
>But she's not a maid?
>But I am, ufufu.

>-I've got a subjugation squad all organized to handle it right now.
I feel like that what happened off-screen here will become a plot-point too.