Christianity General /cg/

A thread for Christians to discuss any topics regarding the religion.

Daily reminder that Jesus Christ is our LORD and savior.

Here's a good resource for all to take advantage of:
biblegateway.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

gty.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=doD4l6oPbKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that Catholics aren't Christian

Well, yea, but you're not going to convince them if you're antagonizing it in that way.
At least provide evidence.

I was raised protestant but can't agree with sola scriptura anymore; if you don't trust the traditions of the church fathers then how can you trust the bible that they wrote and isn't even as old as many other church traditions/beliefs? I really want to be protestant but it doesn't make sense to me.

Why. Just why. Why do you believe this shit? Humans have been around for less than 1% of the universes total age and you guys really think you have stuff figured out. What makes your religion any more correct than others?

This

>t. Easily-flustered fedorafag
If you STILL don't get why people want to follow a religion that makes their lives have meaning and purpose aside from being dull and monotonous every fucking day until you turn to dust, then I don't know what to say to you.

Do not listen to pop-scientists, for they are fools who profess themselves to be wise.

This. Pop-scientists have the overall intelligence of bloody Tardigrades. Which is to say, none at all.

I'm not christian but I like reading the bible, scriptures are very interesting and have value even though I don't see how a literal heaven or hell could exist (considering the thinking property verifiably does not exist outside of material due to being directly tied to material)

Question for all:
What do you think Matt. 21:43 is talking about?
"43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.[i]"
Now there's no question that it's being taken away from the jews, but who is it being given to?
If it's all christians of the whole world, why would it say "a people" other versions translate this to "nation". What is this "people" ?

Also I will autistically defend sola scriptura against any catholics here.
Cult of Mary is idolatry, there is only ONE mediator between man and god. There is no interceding.

Having norms and values, knowing the importants having a moral code, sharing it together to be one and united. Instead of dividing eachother and making everybody vulnerable of marxist indoctrination and islam ideology who control people only with fear, they try to conquer us, take over our minds changing our lifestyle and the way we think. Alone independently you stand no chance but together with Christ as our beacon of hope we stand a chance to stand up and show them our boundaries, our border, our haven, the final frontier for the preservation of freedom, the freedom we as western society love dearly. God bless you and i wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

The catholic church fathers wrote none of the bible. That's how.

Humans have been around for 100% of the time of the universe, less 5 days.

Then let go of the material and embrace the coherent spiritual.

The parable is about the world. It's God's world; he's the rich man. He gave the Jews the task of cultivating it, and bringing forth fruit. They failed. He sent messengers, and they killed the messengers. Then he sent his only Son, and they killed his Son, figuring that now the earth would belong to them, as the heir was dead.

The Kingdom meant for the Jews was thus taken away from the Jews, and given to any who believe. Any who produce fruit. And by fruit, I mean spiritual fruit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Long-suffering. The fruits of the Spirit.

Ask a Jew who the Holy Spirit is and they'll look at you like you're a crazy man. They failed.

"a people" = all who believe, and "a people" is described as people zealous for good deeds, of every nation, tribe and tongue.

The words "Sola Scripture" are not in the bible, there are many version of the bible. Some even missing whole books. Men always interpret the Bible to fill their own agendas. This is why God made the church, because a bunch of paper and some leather can't save you.

Why do you believe Existence came from nothing

gty.org/
If you an well grounded source of sermons, check out Grace to You from the well-known John MacArthur

>Then let go of the material and embrace the coherent spiritual.
This doesn't really mean anything.
It's very clear in the new testament that everyone insists on the BODILY resurrection of christ, meaning it's not symbolical but a matter of history. It's obvious that heaven and hell are intended the same way, as real things/places rather than some symbolism. But if there is no property of THINKING, then there is nothing left for the ego to experience heaven WITH.

>"a people" = all who believe, and "a people" is described as people zealous for good deeds, of every nation, tribe and tongue.
This bothers me a lot, it seems an awful lot like christianity is a rescindment of of tribalism (and as such, nations/racial distinctions) which I'm not on board with AT ALL.

Sola scriptura just means man's authority can't override the bible. The church obviously has a place, Luther never intended to do away with the church- as he said "I didn't leave the catholic church, the catholic church left me".
The church is the body that aids in interpretation, but the church can never OVERRIDE the bible on any issue.

The Bible states you can't get to heaven or hell without dying, you get there with your spirit. Which is eternal, of course there are special instances where whole bodies were assumed into heaven. Like Jesus and Mary.

2 Timothy 3:16-17.

No latin words are in the bible, only in one of the worst translations of the bible, the Vulgate of Jerome.

Protestants defending sola scriptura will claim that Jesus and Paul accepted the authority of the Old Testament. This is true, but they also appealed to other authority outside of written revelation. For example:

a. The reference to "He shall be called a Nazarene" cannot be found in the Old Testament, yet it was "spoken by the prophets" (Matt. 2:23). Therefore, this prophecy, which is considered to be "God’s word," was passed down orally rather than through Scripture.

b. In Matthew 23:2–3, Jesus teaches that the scribes and Pharisees have a legitimate, binding authority based "on Moses’ seat," but this phrase or idea cannot be found anywhere in the Old Testament. It is found in the (originally oral) Mishnah, which teaches a sort of "teaching succession" from Moses on down.

c. In 1 Corinthians 10:4, Paul refers to a rock that "followed" the Jews through the Sinai wilderness. The Old Testament says nothing about such miraculous movement. But rabbinic tradition does.

d. "As Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses" (2 Tim. 3:8). These two men cannot be found in the related Old Testament passage (Ex. 7:8ff.) or anywhere else in the Old Testament.

Can a powerful enough laser cut you in half? That's coherent light.

God lives in unapproachable light. Had he stayed there, we would know nothing of him.

Spirit is not material, but spirit exists, and can become coherent. It is spiritual, eternal bodies that we will all be clad with, not these perishing meat bags.

Then look at it as a reclassification of all tribes into two.

For Jesus, and Against Jesus.

It absolutely can, and is. Nazar is the root for "branch", crooked branch, and that is what the prophets speak of the Messiah, who is Jesus.

Jeremiah 23:5 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land.

>Like Jesus and Mary.
Or Enos/Enoch

>you get there with your spirit.
See this is the thing, once it became evident that thinking was a property of the physical BRAIN rather than some immaterial thing, I can't really believe in a heaven.
What do you experience heaven or hell with if you have no thinking, no thoughts, no feelings, no nothing? These are all features of the physical body.

When the bible talks about gnashing of teeth, or the guy who says "i am tormented in this heat", even if we take that to be symbolical, it still has to be symbolical of SOME experience. And in order to be experienced, it has to involve a physical body, since feelings as a feature of the body.

>Daily reminder that Jesus Christ is our LORD and savior.
You guys are mentally ill, get help.

Jesus told the people to listen to the hypocrites when they recited the Law of Moses, given to Moses by God, but not to listen to the takenot of the hypocrites themselves.

For a Jew, you know nothing about Judaism. It's quite odd.

The rock that Moses struck at Horeb for water was Christ Jesus, and it is why Moses was told he could never enter into the promised land with his people.

Those two men are the magicians at the court of pharoah.

A Jew, who is not a Jew but who lies, and is a member of the synagogue of satan.

That's what and who you are.

>actually using arguments on Sup Forums
that doesn't fly here my boy

You believe thinking is a matter of the brain? Then you should look up the boy who was born without a brain, but with a sac of cf fluid, who lived for years.

You are spiritually dead. Get resurrected.

Pretty pic

It also says you will be "Happy" in heaven, Man does not know everything. We probably don't really know much, if you don't understand something it doesent make it non-existent. What you experience in the afterlife would be spiritual, I can't pretend to know what that would be like but I imagine you would have some sort of feeling. Considering how bad hell is supposed to be.

Posting Christian art

Christurds, behold the Eucharist sacrament on my pic

Even today, sights like this are still present in our churches.

I LOVE YOU ALL! GOD BLESS!

Can someone give me book recommendations about theology? (I would be interested in even fictional ones)

>"He shall be called a Nazarene" cannot be found in the Old Testament, yet it was "spoken by the prophets" (Matt. 2:23).
I'll have to look into it, need to check if it might have been said in some other form in the old testament

The rest are just them referring to a saying, which doesn't really change much

even light is photons, which is to say, material.

When there is no material, what do you experience with?

In the Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15:6–30), we see Peter and James speaking with authority. This Council makes an authoritative pronouncement (citing the Holy Spirit) that was binding on all Christians:

"For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what is strangled and from unchastity" (Acts 15:28–29).

In the next chapter, we read that Paul, Timothy, and Silas were traveling around "through the cities," and Scripture says that "they delivered to them for observance the decisions which had been reached by the apostles and elders who were at Jerusalem" (Acts 16:4).

Heaven is better than anything we can imagine, and hell is worse than anything we can imagine.

If you thought AIDS was bad, Hell will show you pain that dwarfs your acts of sodomy. Save yourself, heretic

People like C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity", which basically starts as though you're alone on an island, and reasoning from there.

Agnus Dei

Photons don't exist. The guy who coined the term was busy trying to make a telekinetic hat for his cat.

God is a women she gave me a blow job the other day.

I already own mere Christianity and plan on reading that after I finish reading city of god by st. augustine.

And in Galatians, we see those men called by Paul as the "so-called pillars of the faith", who "added nothing to my faith."

Paul did not obey them, at all. They were judaizing people, and Paul knew better. ffs, they were teaching in the Jewish temple, without any opposition from the Jews. Shouldn't that tell you something?

This is a painting of Saint Sebastian the Gaul

I would drop Augustine in a second for Lewis, but that's just me.

I find nothing connected to popery edifying.

Codreanu, the founder of the Legion of Michael the Archangel

>I imagine you would have some sort of feeling
again, sorry to harp on this, but we do already know what "feelings" are. And you're not gonna have any feelings unless you have electric impulses also, which are material.

Not sure why you're reading about theology, but here's a few for you:

Evidence that Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell, and the sequel, "More Evidence..."

Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons" and Dave Hunt's "A Woman Rides The Beast".

Ravi Zacharias' novel "The End of Reason", or really anything else by him.

Nabeel Qureshi's "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus", God rest his soul.

and Cold Case for Christ

You should really read some Tesla, and some Eric P. Dollard, and listen to Ken Wheeler.

The Electric Universe should be on your reading list as well.

Everything is fields, and fields are not particles.

All is the Light.

-Nikola Tesla

"Light, Be!", and light was.

--God

You know the Greeks debunked Atomism thousands of years ago, no?

That's all QM is. Atomism.

DEUS VULT, brothers

I would say otherwise. I was born protestant, but I won't throw off the works of theologians from before protestants time. I find the city of god to be quite enlightening and though I don't go along with everything Augustine says it is quite impactful. I am halfway through and I know it is already impacting me.

intro to christianity - ratzinger

Friendship with the world is enmity with God.

I want to increase my foundation of knowledge of my faith and other views on Christianity. Don't know why it is surprising.

The man knows nothing about Christianity; he's a catholic pope, former nazi, and the Head of the Office of the Inquisition.

Lmao found this.
>youtube.com/watch?v=doD4l6oPbKo

Then start believing what the bible tells you.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

Not by reading other men's opinions about the Word of God. As a matter of fact, not even by reading.

By hearing.

If you want to grow your faith, listen to the Word of God being read. Buy the bible on CD and listen to it.

If you let some man argue you into the fold, you'll let a more clever man argue you back out.

Most Jews just disguise them as Hanukkah presents.

Don't troll this channel btw. I don't want them to know goyim are watching.

I thought you people thought the Jews controlled everything?

Faith is a word you represent.
Your existence on earth, i resent.

Christians sacrifice children. Roy Moore told me so.

>you people

can u talk a bit more on this

like how is light supposedly not material?

What even is it then?

>t. jew projecting

What is the point of randomly capitalizing lord? Fuck you bible thumpers are retarded and laughable.

>leaf

Jews do it, too. But so do dirty christian fags.

>worshipping a dead kike on a stick because you read about it in a book written by jews and arabs 1500 years ago
God is omnipotent you pathetic cuckolds

The bible is just a playbook for how to be a pedo and make it socially acceptable. See: Roy Moore

Christianity would be excellent if the churches sources could accurately convey all the reasoning behind the writings of the book without also distancing themselves from the readers.

Also, I can't imagine that many people actually letting someone as righteous as the persona given to Christ, be led to punishment and execution without directly involving themselves in counter action. It's as if someone should have said no it's not ok, this bodily suffering isn't needed.

Rather, the point being driven in the scripture is of an afterlife and forgiveness, but why even subject this monstrosity of a situation.

More disclosure and flat out truth is what should come from the institutions be in Military, religious, or commercial. It all seems to point to being in some game show with prizes, and or a deeper meaning that just has limits and rules enforced.

The point of it all is tilted to a hypocrisy and entanglement situation.

"a people" means the Body of Christ/Chruch/Bride. Those who accept the authority of Christ and strive to obey His laws.

having a /cg/ is like begging the jews to come fuck your adopted nigger daughter. They ALWAYS show up screaming and frothing at the mouth.

Deus Fuckin' Vult, my friend.

Can you prove that, honestly?

Your faith is dying, fag. That means your god is dying. Have fun in the Void.

hi schlomo

Evil fears good
The only way Evil can succeed is if Good allows it to.

>arguments
>posing a generic question with about as much effort behind it as me flicking my dick
Yeah no.

>forgetting that Jesus drove out the kikes with a stick