Dragon Ball Super

Why does God have nothing better to do than flick his own balls around?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wCe4S6BIz0w
strawpoll.me/12286142
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Trunks traded up

Ki has always been invisible except when they're used in high concentrations. And the ki passive shield is just an accepted fact, as that how it has always behaved, since the first episode. It's not like certain humans like Krillin have titanium skin and some don't.
Goku's biology hasn't magically went from metal-strength skin at the beginning to solar system-tanking skin. His body hardness hasn't magically increased, his ki has. And when you lower your ki like Goku did to just slightly superhuman level than any thing that penetrates the barrier will hurt you.

Bear in mind we aren't talking about a serious injury here. The translation had Beerus calling it a scar, but it was more like a bruise, and Goku didn't notice it until he saw it. It was probably a red mark akin to what a normal human would show if they were slapped in the face, Beerus just noticed it because it would be unusual for Goku to have any sort of bruise at all.

No, it does not make sense at all, lowering his ki or not: he was pretty much using his ten-year old self's martial arts at the time against those robbers ( before Roshi trained him ) and at that point in time bullets did not leave marks on him. True, technology would've improved, but his actual physical muscle mass would have accommodated for it and not left any wounds at all. His entire body is probably just one big callous.
Both he and Krillin getting injured by bullets is just stupid. And before you say "BUT THE RAY GUN THAT SHOT GOKU": to me, that actually makes sense.

LEAVE SON GOKU TO ME

reminder that goku is not going to be evil. That was kaioken not a new form. Hit will obviously job to ayy. We have seen a point beyond this and know goku and freinsds will be okay. And vados is not thicc, she is rather skinny. And old. And busted

He did mention that it hurt and was holding his cheek. Also, he was going all out in this scene (for Goku at the time). This means, if we use DBZ and DBS logic that we have learned from Whis' training, his ki was probably unconsciously raised, as he was on guard but didn't have complete Ki control. As such, while the bullet hit and hurt, it wouldn't have left an injury. Compare this to Goku getting hit by Sorbet's laser while his guard was down, Krillin being injured by the bullet when he wasn't using his ki to protect himself, and Goku actively keeping his own ki down in order to not kill the bandits. We've seen 3 in times in Super that if you aren't keeping your guard (ki) up, conventional weapons can affect you.
Likewise, early Dragon Ball was more of a gag manga. It got serious as the series went on, but in all honesty, never really lost it's gag manga roots with Toriyama's physical comedy and word play. Once the second half started it's comedy became reliant mostly on puns or visual gags, rather than physical comedy, such as exaggerated durability of it's characters.
Despite him saying, "I'm rusty" it makes sense. He had to lower his KI enough otherwise he would have killed the bandits. He was moving at super speed but it was probably dragon ball superspeed. Then when he got shot, he was possibly still at this decreased level. The bullet didn't pierce him. In the original dragon ball, every time he was shot, he still felt pain. This time Goku didn't feel pain, at least he wasn't vocal about it like in dragon ball.

What does everyone think? Make sense? Because we need to make sense of these inconsistencies as you get smug people claiming on YouTube, "lolz ez no superman, he no tank bullet"

I think this is what that means, Zeno oversees all GoD's of destruction, we can clearly see that not only is Zeno the top authority, he's also their "higher-up". If it was purely authority based, wouldn't the angels bow as well? Whis said there's no telling what he'd even do, so it doesn't seem like someone who can, on his own, run the whole omniverse smoothly. In some of my previous posts I was theorizing that Zeno precisely is the "Dai-Hakaishin". Despite Kaioshin's job being just as important as Hakaishin's (balance of creation and destruction), Hakaishin's are not only with more authority, but also power and it's implied they are higher in the chain. That's why Zeno is the most powerful force, nothing besides this is mentioned.
I think that all life comes from him, including the planets. Zeno just doesn't seem like a guy capable of doing such things, while someone who has "wishing" power could. After all, it is the DB's that can people back to live and make anything happen, so far we've just seen Zeno destroying planets and, once, creating a button that has unique color scheme like the guards, who match themselves in theme.
As for the board game, I think the planets matter the least in this. For them it was just losing a way of spending time.
I think they were upset about the board game because it wasn't a board game and they can't bring those planets back.
Zarama is interesting: His name sort of sounds like salamander, and we know that Nameks have been compared to lizards before. So, do Nameks come from Zarama?

the fuck are you talking about

Yamcha my boy will do nothing, Just like Gohan

I've been wondering for a while now why Toei's marketing the shit out of this "Deadman" looking guy this early in the tournament arc, whom is presumably from universe 9. It just doesn't make sense to me why Toei would be showcasing the strongest guy this early.
So if Deadman isn't the strongest, would that mean that this tournament arc will consist of many mini-arcs where each mini-arc would be about the universe Goku and co. will be fighting against? Wouldn't that mean they would have to create new intro's for every universe they plan to introduce?
If my suspicions are correct, Toei must be going all out with this tournament arc trying really hard to beat the success of the Future Trunks arc
Given the massive number of new characters this arc could bring in, I can see them wanting to use this new guy as someone whom the audience can connect with. It's easier to showcase one guy than try and focus on everyone.
That was nearly 30 years ago...Chozetsu Dynamic didn't spoil anything, it just updated for the current arc...Super hasn't done that with their openings. Also it would be dumb for the arc to only showcase the fighters from one other universe.
I assume their battle will be towards the end of the arc. He could potentially be a villain.
By showcasing this strong fighter so early, people will want to see this battle play out but they'll have to keep interest in the product.
He's gonna be a good guy superman style character that needs to beat Goku,the one who put his universe at risk.

That's my prediction.

Can Deadshot really overcome the menace of Goku?

No, the episode was actually just a regular solo episode by Yoshitaka Yashima (well, almost - he had one other key animator).

He's worked on the series since day one. He had some 2nd key animators whose job is to clean up his work as animating an episode entirely by yourself tends to produce rougher than normal results. It was a little most polished than his typical output, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

The two new directors are series directors, meaning they're not directly responsible for any animation quality, they simply oversee the production. They may have been the deciding factor in the new post-processing filters, but any perceived improvement in visuals is purely coincidental. We've just come off the back of two months of filler, much of which was conversative and out-sourced. Yashima himself has had ~7 weeks to get this episode done, so you're seeing the results of good scheduling over anything else.
The opening episodes of new arcs are generally good, but when things begin rolling, that's when the production starts to feel the strain. Right now, it's unclear how things will turn out.
If you're interested in keeping up with things, I run the Animation Catalogue over on Kanzenshuu. I document the different styles, while also providing insight into the production as the weeks go by. If not, by all means feel free to throw any questions at me.

Reminder.

that's wrong, it would not.
the point is that while la and ra are different sounds for an english speaker, there's no distinction in japanese, there's a single sound la/ra that is used for both.
when japanese speakers transcribe english words to katakana they will turn both la and ra into ラ. [that means we have ambiguity in the other direction.]
here the makers of dragon ball had an english word (bra, piece of underwear) in mind after which they named the character ブラ (bura or bula). now if you are going back from katakana to english this will give some ambiguity. the trick is to guess correctly and well, it goes back to poor english translations that gave as "bulla" at some point. but it was always wrong (it would be like using tulankusu = tlunks instead or trunks). it could be transcribed as bura or bula, but since the context is clear (underwear) it will have to be ra to give "bra".
btw similar is true for freezer who could be furiza or huriza from the japanese spelling, but since we know the word family his name is coming from (cold/frost/cooler/chilled), we will figure out they meant english word freezer (or if we are morons we will turn it into frieza for unknown reasons).
Well it was a hyperbolic statement.
But I just can't believe that three episodes ago we had the best artwork/animation of this current series, that we had an episode so chock full of insane action and "holy shit" from an arm-breaking (and supergod halo-breaking?) kamehameha, to Super Saya-Jin God Blue Vegitto, to a spontaneous ki-sword, and a personified spirit bomb Super Trunks, amplified by both Goku's and Vegeta's spirits, and in the next episode the complete and total destruction of the original Dragonball universe and the emotional moment between Future Trunks and our timeline's Gohan and all of that... to possibly the sloppiest drawn and animated and dumbest little filler story episode.

>piccolo will never be back
>gohan will never have a life killing event that makes him go ballistic and become the strongest person in the universe, for the 1000th time
>trunks will never be a good character again
>Hercule will never fight in another martial arts tournament and is reduced to a promoter
>Yajirobe will never cut off another saiyans tail
>Vegeta will never be on par with goku like he was in the first arc ever again

Well Dragon Ball Super has many issues, first of all it's animation was really inconsistent in it's first few episodes, since then it has improved on that aspect.

Though a lot of people exaggerate on how bad the animation really was by showing a certain frame, though you can do that with any animation and say how bad it looks, frames are not meant to be looked at as a picture.
Second, is that there isn't much character development for anyone involved, or rather not very good characterization. Nobody seems to change in some way, like Gohan growing from a scared child into a warrior. Goku has become a complete idiot who only cares about fighting, he would let the Earth get destroyed just for a fight.

And that brings me to the next point, there is no feeling of urgency. Of dread like we had with the Androids, Frieza, Cell or Buu. So far the only threat they had was Frieza returning, but when it seemed like he won a new character turned time around and everything was fixed.

The fights are not very interesting, they are just boring punches and kicks done rather slowly and some ki blasts thrown in. No complex fights yet or hard fights.

Quite a lot of the new characters feel like Mary Sues who just get stronger because they get stronger, a new sayian kid is added and he learns Super Sayian immediately. A guy who can stop time for a bit is added and he just becomes stronger in the middle of the fight, and he says he is improving. Despite not needing to do that in hundreds of years.
And also, it's the original Japanese version so it may not be fit for a Western audience. The music is different, Goku sounds like a child who took up smoking in the womb, because he is voiced by a 70 year old woman and so on.
And that's about it I guess, it really isn't anything great as a series. It's kinda mediocre, and if it did not have Dragonball in it's name everyone would have forgotten about it.

Gohan does plenty of things

it's Goku being so bored and wanting to fight strong opponents so much that he slowly turns into a menace

> His Smile in the opening when he's surrounded by the crimson Aura

>The lyrics of the Opening are about Goku being bored
''I can't get no satisfaction''
"boredom turns into a stone"
" I wanna Laugh like Crazy"
"I will blow Zeno away"

>Gets Zeno to hold The tournament Power Where universe are going to be destroyed

>The Parallel of Goku and Raditz

> Beerus openly states that Goku is getting too dangerous and completely out of control

>Goten finally getting stuff to do remember Toriyama only created goten to "replace goku" in the buu saga

>Ayy Lmao's team being the Major fight it seems they look like superheroes with the matching outfits

It's passive versus active in that case. It makes him see more urgent and desperate to save Earth. Like I said minor characterization tweak. It doesn't change the story but it changes how you view the character. I'm not just talking about Goku though. "No Vegeta-ing of any kind" They changed some things around the same way they did in the Kai adaptation. Kai might be more accurate than the original but it's not 1 to 1. A ton of little changes that are mostly the same are a sign of a good adaptation but they add up and allow you to make the characters still come across as different. King Kai is a thousand times more interesting because of these small tweaks to the script. They could have went with an even closer translation and made the flaps work but they know what they're going for. They're not going for 1 to 1 or as close as they can get. They're going for what is the most interesting way to portray the seen while keeping the plot the same.
It was not an overreacting, for a franchise as popular as Dragon Ball, episode 5 looked (and still looks) disgusting. From the animation it's self to the character models up close and at a distance, it's all terrible. The reaction the internet had was reasonable, and it also had people from Toei responding, meaning they listened to the out cry; that is always a good thing.
the point is that while la and ra are different sounds for an english speaker, there's no distinction in japanese, there's a single sound la/ra that is used for both.

he is literally God, no one is going to make him do something so he can sit around.

meanwhile the ED's lyrics are about Goku's twisted conscience screwing with him
youtu.be/wCe4S6BIz0w

Maybe something similar to that. But a God Vs. Angel Vs. Zeno war sounds more like an story arc that would occur much, MUCH later down the road. I mean, we don't really have any reason for the Gods of Destruction and the Angels to split apart (for now), so I can't really see why anything like that would happen, especially because of how the Angels can beat the Gods of Destruction, and the Grand Priest can beat both of them, and Zeno, if he wanted, could lift a finger and they'd all go away forever. In conclusion, it's just too far-fetched for a Universal Tournament Theory, but it might be a theory for a later arc.

What if the angels and gods were to split up and take sides with each of the zenos after the present zeno refuses to destroy gokus universe after they loose, making the 2 zenos fight with each other. I'd personally love to see some gods fight eachother and some angels

When they kind of shut off Vegetto with new rules like that, there must be a reason. We all thought it was to give Trunks the finisher against Zamasu, but what if it actually goes beyond that and into deeper planning? If they are having group fights in this Universal tournament, Vegeta and Goku could go in together, be outmatched by two people and need to use Potara. If Bulla/Bra is born and all saiyans are present, they might have to use SSG to maintain such a powerful form for more than an hour or like 5 minutes. Since SSG is an actual godly form instead of just using god ki, there shouldn't be the strain from Potara. Goten, Trunks, Pan, Bulla/Bra, Gohan, Vegetto. All six have Saiyan lineage and would be acceptable, you could even throw Cabba in there if he felt obligated to Vegeta. And that may be a way for our heroes to defeat the greatest threat they've seen, one that could be stronger than Beerus or Champa. Maybe that menacing Gimli-looking Hakaishin?

goten is shit stop forcing him

gohan is vastly superior in every other way and goten shouldnt have even been born

loli of time needs more lewds

No, the episode was actually just a regular solo episode by Yoshitaka Yashima (well, almost - he had one other key animator).

He's worked on the series since day one. He had some 2nd key animators whose job is to clean up his work as animating an episode entirely by yourself tends to produce rougher than normal results. It was a little most polished than his typical output, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

The two new directors are series directors, meaning they're not directly responsible for any animation quality, they simply oversee the production. They may have been the deciding factor in the new post-processing filters, but any perceived improvement in visuals is purely coincidental. We've just come off the back of two months of filler, much of which was conversative and out-sourced. Yashima himself has had ~7 weeks to get this episode done, so you're seeing the results of good scheduling over anything else.
The opening episodes of new arcs are generally good, but when things begin rolling, that's when the production starts to feel the strain. Right now, it's unclear how things will turn out.
If you're interested in keeping up with things, I run the Animation Catalogue over on Kanzenshuu. I document the different styles, while also providing insight into the production as the weeks go by. If not, by all means feel free to throw any questions at me.
I'd say they're both equal, cells was more retarded since his regeneration is supposed to be like piccolo's but piccolo and regrow limbs at most
Zamasus was the bigger asspull
I'd love to see the outrage if shin wished for immortality, potara fused with trunks, 'died' and became the universe, killed zamasu and became the ultimate protector of his timeline
>Chichi
>There aren't any more bad guys, so train your head instead of your body
THIS IS THE MOMENT WHEN GOKU SNAPPED

I thought God in Dragon Ball was a green alien with a nigger assistant?

We don't care about your TLDR comments

What's with all these fucking walls of text

Even the retarded Manga/Anime arguments are better then this.

Its a guy hating generals trying to ruin it

And then SSJ2 still went far-and-away ahead of it.
Not to mention as people have said Goku's training was of a much higher caliber than Trunks'.
There's really no excuse other than a Trunksjerk. It's pretty bad in the anime, too, but there at least Goku has god powers in base, so you can just pretend he was toning himself down. But the manga has no such caveat.
goten is shit stop forcing him

gohan is vastly superior in every other way and goten shouldnt have even been born
>piccolo will never be back
>gohan will never have a life killing event that makes him go ballistic and become the strongest person in the universe, for the 1000th time
>trunks will never be a good character again
>Hercule will never fight in another martial arts tournament and is reduced to a promoter
>Yajirobe will never cut off another saiyans tail
>Vegeta will never be on par with goku like he was in the first arc ever again

Do not use our lord and savior Dmitri for your shitposting

some autist trying to seem like they matter

Pussy pink sweater Gohan is nowhere to be found in the new intro. Instead he's training.

Meanwhile, Yamcha isn't in the new intro at all.

Stop fucking quoting me you weirdo

hahaha
>Goku block a punch
And later Goku and Trunks fight and Whis says Trunks is above Goku when they are SS2, and as soon Trunks fight seriously Vegeta say he's SS3 tier.

>Goku was blocking Trunks with a single finger, retard.
And Whis said, in the same page, Trunks was still above Goku.

>second version of SS2
Nice headcanon.

>Goku and Gohan did the same with SS1
Shit, are you one of those retardeds who think "SS Full power" is a stronger version of SS?
>SSR

Love the effects

>SS

Love the colors

>Base

Meh

Good job anyway
>Toeichads
>Handsome
>Smart
>Understand Goku's character
>Watches Geekdom101

>Toyopedros
>Don't know what the fuck is a bath
>Probably virgins
>Think Goku is an epic hero
>Watches ForneverWorld

GET BTFO ONCE AGAIN SPICS AND GO MASTURBATE WITH TRACERTARO
So you're telling me that SSJ2 went from a 100x multiplier to, what 300x?
This is just nonsense at this point and Trunks' base being that much stronger than Goku's is retarded.

Goku trained with Whis
Even if you're pretending that doesn't effect his base form at all, and only allows him to use new god-mode states, Trunks being not stronger, but several times stronger than his base, post-ANGEL TRAINING, is fucking stupid.

Holy shit all this autism.

>Are you literally retarded?
No but clearly you are, base Goku easily blocked a punch from an enraged base Trunks and Trunks was clearly tired fighting base Vegeta in the Gravity room while Vegeta was a ok.

>SS2 Trunks isn't only stronger than SS2 Goku ("while their current power levels may be in the same class, Trunks has, albeit, ever so slightly, the upper hand...")
Goku was blocking Trunks with a single finger, retard.

>but he's powered up nearly the same amount as Kakarot has in Super Saiyan 3"). If Trunks' base isn't stronger than Goku's, how the fuck he can be equal to SS3 Goku using a weaker form?
Because his second version of SS2 is an improved version with a high multiplier. Did you even read the Cell saga? Goku and Gohan did the same with SS1.
How the Tournament of Power arc will end.
>Every universe that lost gets obliterated.
>Universe 6 if the first to go.
>It all comes down to Goku and somebody not seen fighting.
>Goku rages similar to Freeza arc and explodes into new form.
>Displays he is stronger then any gods.
>Universe 7 is safe.
>You may have anything you want.
>Goku asks for Zeno to bring back the universes.
Nope.
>Why.
>The whole point of this was that Zeno couldn't handle so many universes at once and it would be easier to just have one job instead of 10.
>Goku asks for everybody to be placed into Universe 7 instead.
>Goku happy clam because "NOW I GOT ALL SORTS OF STRONG GUYS TO FIGHT!"
>Zeno leaves everything in the hands of the gods instead and takes a nap.
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

But that wasn't Trunks SS2 that was Trunks SSRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

That's all awful
>Trunks stronger than a form that gives a multiplier quadruple that of SS2 in SS2, signalling he's 4X Goku's base at least
>God form still a thing, a useless shitty thing

Terrible now apologize right now

>Even the previous shitposting is better than the new shitposting
People say this everytime there's a new cancer in this thread.

This thread needs more ningen posting.

well shit, rip piccolo san

>A ningen fighting on par with a god was something Zamasu was unable to comprehend
Which is stupid considering he's supposed to be watching over Mortals and should know this already, the next tournament arc is going to make Zamasu look like even more of a fool unless U10 is weak as shit.

>the fact that Goku did made Zamasu resent ningens more.
Yeah so he was butthurt Goku was stronger.
>"reaching"
Are you literally retarded? SS2 Trunks isn't only stronger than SS2 Goku ("while their current power levels may be in the same class, Trunks has, albeit, ever so slightly, the upper hand...") but he's at same level as SS3 Goku ("He hasn't even transformed... but he's powered up nearly the same amount as Kakarot has in Super Saiyan 3"). If Trunks' base isn't stronger than Goku's, how the fuck he can be equal to SS3 Goku using a weaker form?
>Zamasu being butthurt he lost a sparring match was a lame motivation.

No, this is literally what makes the character interesting you dumb fuck

Zamasu is a pissy little manchild who's so immensely butthurt he got his ass kicked by a filthy ningen (when the superiority of the Gods is the core of his entire belief system) that he decided to go all god complex and wipe out all mortals, dressing it up as divine justice when it's really just his own petty insecuritiesZamasu had a point, if you ignore that Golden Frieza horsecrap the only beings on par with Kais were artifically or magically engineered beings, natural lifeforms or ningen would never reach their level of power through ki or science based on the fact Gero somehow created machines many times more powerful than fucking Frieza THROUGH SCIENCE ALONE.

You know what burns my ass up about it?
>It looks and feels like the manga.
>Digital animation allows ease of creating basically what feels like "the manga in motion."
>New animation director shoves some fucking blur filter on to hide bad art mistakes.

I would kill to have the rest of Super being animated similar to the outro, looking like manga pages "I dont mean the boxes, I mean you can tell from the coloring and how the artwork looks." Even Goku's power lines are like the manga.

Id love to have this as the series.
>not really

Zamasu stealing goku's body is a lot more contrived in the manga, the fact he faces goku and comes to depise him makes the fact he turned into black feel a lot more natural development in the anime, plus we actually get glimpses of zamasu and gowasu interacting with eachother which is more than can be said about the manga where the latter is just mr. exposition.
>Goku stops one Trunks' punch
>that totally debunks how Trunks' SS2 is stronger than Goku's SS3

Nope.

go back to pol

>Toei's GOAT anime
>based OP
>based colours
>relevant
>Sup Forums loves it, discusses it regularly

>Cuckotaro's WOAT manga
>no music or sounds aside from the reader's mother shouting at them that hotpockets are ready
>no colours because Cuckotaro can't afford ink
>not relevant
>nobody except reddit cares about it

TAKE IT, MANGAKEKS
IT'S ALL YOURS
>Toyopedros literally making numerous rant images because they can't contain their butthurt about their secondary canon being cucked down by based Toeiyama
>Toeichads laughing in the background and enjoying the based new arc

Feels good to keep on winning
They stated that the universes are all in pairs, so two of them are similar to each other and the rest are not like those two

U7 and U6 are a pair

If you want shitty fanfic go to Deviantart

No one over 14 wants more evil gokus or to see Freiza rehashed again

What the fuck is going on

I don't get it are these copypasta posts from the other thread

What's going on here?

I agree and all but Frost was shit the moment they revealed he was evil either way.
It would have been better if he was basically Chaotic Good, keep the whole cheated part in but he did it with justice in mind.

At least he wouldn't literally be Freeza2: Electric Boogaloo
I don't care about refuting anything because I take no side and enjoy both for what they are. For what it's worth, though, I just look down on whoever made that titanic piece of shit and laugh at whoever would dedicate that much of their day to being pissy about a Japanese kid's cartoon, whilst attempting to boast superiority of their similarly entry-level manga.
>It doesn't seem butthurt to me at all, the manga is objectively bette

>it's better, so I need people to make infodumps to validate my interests

You all need to fuck off with this anime vs manga war bullshit, but this big-ass self-titled rant is easily the most pathetic thing in it.
but the manga is just as bad
are your eyes blinded by shit?
it looks fucking terrible
fan arts are better than this

I can't even comprehend how they didn't find a better drawer for fucking dragon ball
>What do you mean I cant destroy what I want?
>Your life has meaning?
>How does your life have meaning?
>It just does
>It doesnt work like that I created you and everything around you so I decide if you life has meaning or not.
>Thats not fair?
>Your life has meaning but the concept of meaning means nothing to me try to process that.
>I should feel sorry for all the beings I kill?
>Kill means nothing to me since I can just recreate you infinitely, even your "after" life is just another state of existence made by me because I felt as though a single existence was boring. So that "soul" you have is as meaningless as your matter based body to me.
>Im a bad person?

Someone is copying and pasting random posts from the previous thread to ruin this one.

It upscalefag with a different kind of autism. Ignore him.

Well Dragon Ball Super has many issues, first of all it's animation was really inconsistent in it's first few episodes, since then it has improved on that aspect.

Though a lot of people exaggerate on how bad the animation really was by showing a certain frame, though you can do that with any animation and say how bad it looks, frames are not meant to be looked at as a picture.
Second, is that there isn't much character development for anyone involved, or rather not very good characterization. Nobody seems to change in some way, like Gohan growing from a scared child into a warrior. Goku has become a complete idiot who only cares about fighting, he would let the Earth get destroyed just for a fight.

And that brings me to the next point, there is no feeling of urgency. Of dread like we had with the Androids, Frieza, Cell or Buu. So far the only threat they had was Frieza returning, but when it seemed like he won a new character turned time around and everything was fixed.

The fights are not very interesting, they are just boring punches and kicks done rather slowly and some ki blasts thrown in. No complex fights yet or hard fights.

Quite a lot of the new characters feel like Mary Sues who just get stronger because they get stronger, a new sayian kid is added and he learns Super Sayian immediately. A guy who can stop time for a bit is added and he just becomes stronger in the middle of the fight, and he says he is improving. Despite not needing to do that in hundreds of years.
And also, it's the original Japanese version so it may not be fit for a Western audience. The music is different, Goku sounds like a child who took up smoking in the womb, because he is voiced by a 70 year old woman and so on.
And that's about it I guess, it really isn't anything great as a series. It's kinda mediocre, and if it did not have Dragonball in it's name everyone would have forgotten about it.
ALSO
>what?

Some autist is being a retard

I agree

I have officially now stopped caring whatever the hell people say about me. Fuck. Girl Brolly. The most stupid, asspull, pandering, goofy thing toriyama could have done. The recent rise in r34 spammed has removed any last bit of pity i had. why do we only see pandering? Why don't we see Db super in the "best xxxx of the year" lists? Why don't we see other shows have such pandering asspulls? Why is it only letdowns that we see? People must realise there is not a problem with suggesting ideas, there is a fucking problem with worshipping a stale ass dickless betamale meat man (kakkarot be upon him). I am sick and tired of these asspulls, i am sick and tired of the fandom having to deal with this bullshit, we fucking give the another chance and all they do is not develop and explore ideas and claim new animators are responsible and claim themselves to be above the animators who were there for decades. Throughout my life i have always defended plotholes in dragon ball (which i am now doubting they can be salvaged ) and told people to not generalise the whole dragon ball series but this is fucking enough, this anime is fucking ruining our way of life, either toei trys to fire these retarded animators who can't/stay on model/ fire the people who can't be consistent with the previously established rules of the franchise, and try to stop them, or they can get the fuck out of the anime industry and end db super. I am so sorry for any toei person who understands theses things out there, i really am, but i have to vent out this rage. Sadly, dragon ball in its current form is not compatible with the 21st century, like it or not. I excuse myself again, i must now go sacrifice a db ssblue toy, because gt
>they actually care about the validity of a massive encyclopedic rant image made by someone who was a little too butthurt about people enjoying a different medium of the exact same thing
>they can't just enjoy these fucking chinese cartoons and

No put that down.

What is going on here? C-can you not talk to me?

Given how often the faggots mention beggining of DB Goku not getting a scratch, yes. Plus everyone thinking 17/18 can't get stronger.

Hell even Multiverse had retards complaining Raditz could fight the armored guys just because they were able to match the likes of Android 16, 40 years later.
Bullets now > Bullets then.

Do you think the technology in the DB world just stopped in time?
Ten bucks says the clown is going to be the "I actually WANT all the other universes to be destroyed!" character.
Best girl ever

>Ki has always been invisible except when they're used in high concentrations. And the ki passive shield is just an accepted fact, as that how it has always behaved, since the first episode. It's not like certain humans like Krillin have titanium skin and some don't.
Goku's biology hasn't magically went from metal-strength skin at the beginning to solar system-tanking skin. His body hardness hasn't magically increased, his ki has. And when you lower your ki like Goku did to just slightly superhuman level than any thing that penetrates the barrier will hurt you.

Bear in mind we aren't talking about a serious injury here. The translation had Beerus calling it a scar, but it was more like a bruise, and Goku didn't notice it until he saw it. It was probably a red mark akin to what a normal human would show if they were slapped in the face, Beerus just noticed it because it would be unusual for Goku to have any sort of bruise at all.

No, it does not make sense at all, lowering his ki or not: he was pretty much using his ten-year old self's martial arts at the time against those robbers ( before Roshi trained him ) and at that point in time bullets did not leave marks on him. True, technology would've improved, but his actual physical muscle mass would have accommodated for it and not left any wounds at all. His entire body is probably just one big callous.
Both he and Krillin getting injured by bullets is just stupid. And before you say "BUT THE RAY GUN THAT SHOT GOKU": to me, that actually makes sense.

Hyah

But I just can't believe that three episodes ago we had the best artwork/animation of this current series, that we had an episode so chock full of insane action and "holy shit" from an arm-breaking (and supergod halo-breaking?) kamehameha, to Super Saya-Jin God Blue Vegitto, to a spontaneous ki-sword, and a personified spirit bomb Super Trunks, amplified by both Goku's and Vegeta's spirits, and in the next episode the complete and total destruction of the original Dragonball universe and the emotional moment between Future Trunks and our timeline's Gohan and all of that... to possibly the sloppiest drawn and animated and dumbest little filler story episode.
Even if it had at least been drawn and animated with a slight bit of integrity it would have been that little bit better. I mean, Vegeta looked straight out as though this was a fan-made episode throughout the whole thing. The animated Dragonball Multiverse is done better.
But again I was being hyperbolic, I really did hate this episode though. I'm thankful that 69 is such an easy number to remember because whenever I give this series a rewatch I won't be watching this one.

HEY SPICS, Vados is not thicc. By your stupid just very stupid standards on how the body should look, she would be a holocaust survivor to your cultures retarded standards. ACCEPT IT

is this a reportable offense?

'Cause if that camera was off I'd be dragging your ass up and down the street

>18 posters
>60 replies

Artfag here, anyone has a dbs joke or meme they want drawn? (might post it this thread or the next one)

Ki has always been invisible except when they're used in high concentrations. And the ki passive shield is just an accepted fact, as that how it has always behaved, since the first episode. It's not like certain humans like Krillin have titanium skin and some don't.

is this a reportable offense?

what the fuck is going on in my thread

Of course, it's spamming.

Alien, Cat and Lorax doing an elite Ginyu pose

I think this is what that means, Zeno oversees all GoD's of destruction, we can clearly see that not only is Zeno the top authority, he's also their "higher-up". If it was purely authority based, wouldn't the angels bow as well? Whis said there's no telling what he'd even do, so it doesn't seem like someone who can, on his own, run the whole omniverse smoothly. In some of my previous posts I was theorizing that Zeno precisely is the "Dai-Hakaishin". Despite Kaioshin's job being just as important as Hakaishin's (balance of creation and destruction), Hakaishin's are not only with more authority, but also power and it's implied they are higher in the chain. That's why Zeno is the most powerful force, nothing besides this is mentioned.
I think that all life comes from him, including the planets. Zeno just doesn't seem like a guy capable of doing such things, while someone who has "wishing" power could. After all, it is the DB's that can people back to live and make anything happen, so far we've just seen Zeno destroying planets and, once, creating a button that has unique color scheme like the guards, who match themselves in theme.
As for the board game, I think the planets matter the least in this. For them it was just losing a way of spending time.
I think they were upset about the board game because it wasn't a board game and they can't bring those planets back.
Zarama is interesting: His name sort of sounds like salamander, and we know that Nameks have been compared to lizards before. So, do Nameks come from Zarama?
Of course, it's spamming.

draw pan with a poo poo diaper

Hmmm

I've been wondering for a while now why Toei's marketing the shit out of this "Deadman" looking guy this early in the tournament arc, whom is presumably from universe 9. It just doesn't make sense to me why Toei would be showcasing the strongest guy this early.
So if Deadman isn't the strongest, would that mean that this tournament arc will consist of many mini-arcs where each mini-arc would be about the universe Goku and co. will be fighting against? Wouldn't that mean they would have to create new intro's for every universe they plan to introduce?
If my suspicions are correct, Toei must be going all out with this tournament arc trying really hard to beat the success of the Future Trunks arc
Given the massive number of new characters this arc could bring in, I can see them wanting to use this new guy as someone whom the audience can connect with. It's easier to showcase one guy than try and focus on everyone.
That was nearly 30 years ago...Chozetsu Dynamic didn't spoil anything, it just updated for the current arc...Super hasn't done that with their openings. Also it would be dumb for the arc to only showcase the fighters from one other universe.
I assume their battle will be towards the end of the arc. He could potentially be a villain.
By showcasing this strong fighter so early, people will want to see this battle play out but they'll have to keep interest in the product.
He's gonna be a good guy superman style character that needs to beat Goku,the one who put his universe at risk.
That's my prediction.

MODDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS

Someone push the Zeno Button

He did mention that it hurt and was holding his cheek. Also, he was going all out in this scene (for Goku at the time). This means, if we use DBZ and DBS logic that we have learned from Whis' training, his ki was probably unconsciously raised, as he was on guard but didn't have complete Ki control. As such, while the bullet hit and hurt, it wouldn't have left an injury. Compare this to Goku getting hit by Sorbet's laser while his guard was down, Krillin being injured by the bullet when he wasn't using his ki to protect himself, and Goku actively keeping his own ki down in order to not kill the bandits. We've seen 3 in times in Super that if you aren't keeping your guard (ki) up, conventional weapons can affect you.
Likewise, early Dragon Ball was more of a gag manga. It got serious as the series went on, but in all honesty, never really lost it's gag manga roots with Toriyama's physical comedy and word play. Once the second half started it's comedy became reliant mostly on puns or visual gags, rather than physical comedy, such as exaggerated durability of it's characters.
Despite him saying, "I'm rusty" it makes sense. He had to lower his KI enough otherwise he would have killed the bandits. He was moving at super speed but it was probably dragon ball superspeed. Then when he got shot, he was possibly still at this decreased level. The bullet didn't pierce him. In the original dragon ball, every time he was shot, he still felt pain. This time Goku didn't feel pain, at least he wasn't vocal about it like in dragon ball.
What does everyone think? Make sense? Because we need to make sense of these inconsistencies as you get smug people claiming on YouTube
>"lolz ez no superman, he no tank bullet"
fuck you you stupid piece of shit

MONKEY DICK

I'd say they're both equal, cells was more retarded since his regeneration is supposed to be like piccolo's but piccolo and regrow limbs at most
I'd love to see the outrage if shin wished for immortality, potara fused with trunks, 'died' and became the universe, killed zamasu and became the ultimate protector of his timeline
>Chichi

what did he mean by this

This isn't regular autism.

This is advanced autism.

>Chichi

strawpoll.me/12286142
I'm curious

when japanese speakers transcribe english words to katakana they will turn both la and ra into ラ. [that means we have ambiguity in the other direction.]
here the makers of dragon ball had an english word (bra, piece of underwear) in mind after which they named the character ブラ (bura or bula). now if you are going back from katakana to english this will give some ambiguity. the trick is to guess correctly and well, it goes back to poor english translations that gave as "bulla" at some point. but it was always wrong (it would be like using tulankusu = tlunks instead or trunks). it could be transcribed as bura or bula, but since the context is clear (underwear) it will have to be ra to give "bra".
btw similar is true for freezer who could be furiza or huriza from the japanese spelling, but since we know the word family his name is coming from (cold/frost/cooler/chilled), we will figure out they meant english word freezer (or if we are morons we will turn it into frieza for unknown reasons).

This is autism that has ascended past autism. You can call it Super Autism 2.

i-is he gone?

I don't think so

screencap this hell hole of a thread plz

No but clearly you are, base Goku easily blocked a punch from an enraged base Trunks and Trunks was clearly tired fighting base Vegeta in the Gravity room while Vegeta was a ok.

>SS2 Trunks isn't only stronger than SS2 Goku ("while their current power levels may be in the same class, Trunks has, albeit, ever so slightly, the upper hand...")

>but he's powered up nearly the same amount as Kakarot has in Super Saiyan 3"). If Trunks' base isn't stronger than Goku's, how the fuck he can be equal to SS3 Goku using a weaker form?
Because his second version of SS2 is an improved version with a high multiplier. Did you even read the Cell saga? Goku and Gohan did the same with SS1.
(You)
>Universe 7 is safe.
Nope.
>Why.
>The whole point of this was that Zeno couldn't handle so many universes at once and it would be easier to just have one job instead of 10.
(Cross-thread)
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(Cross-thread)
But that wasn't Trunks SS2 that was Trunks SSRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

(Cross-thread)
That's all awful
>Trunks stronger than a form that gives a multiplier quadruple that of SS2 in SS2, signalling he's 4X Goku's base at least
>God form still a thing, a useless shitty thing
Terrible now apologize right now

it's Goku being so bored and wanting to fight strong opponents so much that he slowly turns into a menace

> His Smile in the opening when he's surrounded by the crimson Aura

>The lyrics of the Opening are about Goku being bored
''I can't get no satisfaction''
"boredom turns into a stone"
" I wanna Laugh like Crazy"
"I will blow Zeno away"

>Gets Zeno to hold The tournament Power Where universe are going to be destroyed

>The Parallel of Goku and Raditz

> Beerus openly states that Goku is getting too dangerous and completely out of control

>Goten finally getting stuff to do remember Toriyama only created goten to "replace goku" in the buu saga

>Ayy Lmao's team being the Major fight it seems they look like superheroes with the matching outfits

I non-ironically like the GT rap but not even I would vote for that come on man

>When schizofreni and autism meet The Thread

The first time I saw DBZ on Toonami, I remember they always skipped the intro. The episodes just started. I liked that, and intros in general always felt unnecessary to me, especially if they went on for more than 30 seconds.

If you're inte

>Ayy Lmao's team being the Major fight it seems they look like superheroes with the matching outfitsrested in keeping up with things, I run the Animation Catalogue over on Kanzenshuu. I document the different styles, while also providing insight into the production as the weeks go by. If not, by all means feel free to throw any questions at me.

I only ever saw the intro when Toonami aired the movies and during the original Budokai

Why is Kuu Zen Zetsu Go so overlooked, it's fucking awesome

(You) (You)
>Universe 7 is safe.
Nope.
>Why.
ome of my previous posts I was theorizing that Zeno precisely is the "Dai-Hakaishin". Despite Kaioshin's job being just as important as Hakaishin's (balance of creation and destr
I think they were upset about the board game