What are you watching?
What should you be watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WM4Syuv4CTY
thefreedictionary.com/retro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Retro
You keep misusing this word.

All anime before 2005 or so is overrated and dumb.

>You keep misusing this word.

Forget it. It's a lost cause.

Dream Hunter Rem

It's good.

I feel like she got too much help, like she couldn't fix problems on her own at all.

Slowly watching Hokuto no Ken.

Samefag.

>There can't be more than one person on this board who can speak English.

Re-watching Yu Yu Hakusho because of my childhood crush.

City Hunter

I'm on episode 109 of Yawara! There's 124 total, but I still have the specials afterwards.

The real question is what I'm watching after that.

It's kinda sad that the original Tiger Mask anime has no english subtitles available. It's so much better than this W garbage.

Slowly working through Cardcaptor Sakura.

Are you sure?

It was okay

I randomly stumbled across Fushigi na Melmo and watched the first episode today. Pretty comfy.

For some reason Yui Horie is in the cast on MAL, despite the anime finishing before she was born

Nevermind, I worked out that she was just part of a new recording

How does Sup Forums feel about Galaxy Express 999?

I like the movie a lot. I haven't seen the TV show.

Just started Tokimeki Tonight.

It's nice to have a shoujo MC that isn't a total pushover.

Also the ED is lewd as fuck. youtube.com/watch?v=WM4Syuv4CTY

What is this from?

Google, tineye, WAIT, they all can tell you the source.
Don't be a fag.

Well, I just finished watching the first El Hazard OVAs and TV series.

I don't know how to feel about them. They aren't bad, but they aren't exactly "you gotta fucking see this shit!" either. But then again, when you're watching a lot of animu, most don't really call for that either.

I like the OVA for having a better plot, animation, and it's version Ifurita.
But I'm glad the TV version didn't have that silly crossdressing plot, because they never really went anywhere with it.

Also, I noticed that nobody is really too concerned with going home.

Did I make you try it out?

It was a series I had always wanted to see in my youth, but never got the chance to. Since I never heard anything bad about it, I decided to give it a tyr.

Is the manga's translation finished?

Lain, Showa genroku rakugo shinjuu, Pkmn S&M, NANA, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Cardcaptor Sakura, Esper Mami.

I'm barely progressing with anything except LotGH, others are pretty boring.

Is this some kind of joke?

No, just not hyped up at all to even bother to watch.

I've been watching Ashita no Joe season one, also downloaded the bluray of Dear Brother, Tsuiokuhen, and Brain Powerd.

Currently trying to download Terra E (1980) and Hana Yori Dango.

"It starts to get good at episode 20"

Doesn't really count as vintage yet but I'm going to start watching the LOGH side stories tomorrow, since it's been exactly a year since I finished the OVA series.

I'm going through mental turmoil trying to decide whether to watch Gunsmith Cats subbed or dubbed. I always watch subbed but something feels wrong about people speaking Japanese in Chicago.

The origin of the media is more important than the setting.

Watching Ashita no Joe 1, it's okay. I think my expectations were too high. Joe's joined a touring boxing group. The stakes just aren't very high anymore and I don't think they did a very good job of the whole no headshots thing.

I wish someone released synced english subs for the El hazard OVA blu ray release. The english dub that came with the blu ray is not the worse dub I ever heard but I would prefer to watch the english subbed version.

I think that's the point - everyone can solve their own problems, Rem merely has an advantage because she can travel to the dream world. And she has a shitload of weapons.

>everyone can solve their own problems,
But she never really did.
She stumbled from one case too big for her to the next, and always just happened to run into the usual suspects who saved her every time.

Im not a dubfag, but I think Rally sounds too cute in the Japanese. In English, she sounds more mature and sexier.

Giant Gorg. Captain is based as fuck.

I've seen only up to chapter 143, and it will take quite a while to get to the end, it seems there is only one person doing it and they are not very fast.

>What were you watching?
Samurai Pizza Cats. Would recommend dub over sub.

>What are you watching?
Speed Racer. Goofy fun with a lot of chuckle-worthy plots and moments.

>What should you be watching?
Urusei Yatsura, Plastic Little, Bubblegum Crisis. Always wanted to check these out when reading past threads.

I am currently looking for OVAs and movies with a very strong art style or at least stylish cinematography. Things like Dragon's Heaven (which looks like Moebius) and California Crisis (inspired by pop art). Any other with such weird, yet interesting styles?

Sure.

Great Teacher Onizuka

BlueGender
Nothing thse days.
Maybe MazingerZ.

Use this (You) wisely

You don't know what retro is, user.

thefreedictionary.com/retro

Try making a thread without a Takahashi character for just one day OP. Please.

I watched Escaflowne yesterday.

It was pretty good except for that retarded forced tragic ending.

>OPs thread is doomed because he didn't use the word ""vintage""

sooo this happened lol

It's amazing how awful pre-2000 anime is. Same with manga as well. Why did all the artists suddenly improve after the millennium?