I'm four episodes in and this is just a fucking kids show

I'm four episodes in and this is just a fucking kids show
I legit thought this was gonna be a good series with all the "trigger saved anime once again" memes and shit but no, every episode has some sort of morale.
In fact,this is the type of show that i could see airing on nickelodeon.

>this is just a fucking kids show
Exactly. That's the reason why people like it.

The movies were refreshing because of that fact. as a series it's nothing special, and it shows in sales.

Obviously. Why would you expect something else?

sorry it isnt about little girls going through some horribly traumatic existential crisis with some kind of 2deep4u religious subplot that is a scathing social commentary on contemporary problems.

some people just want to enjoy a nice story about young people going to magic school rather than some edge lord tragedy disguised as slice of life.

Actually no.
It's the reason why people are complaining about the simplistic and inconsistent writing and characters.
Like Diana outclassing the teachers at everything, learning dragonspeak at 12 yo, and the teachers never searching for someone able to actually read the contract.
Or the students being expelled if they arrive late to the ceremony but then allowed to break literally any rule once they are enrolled.
It's a huge disappointment.

>Like Diana outclassing the teachers at everything, learning dragonspeak at 12 yo, and the teachers never searching for someone able to actually read the contract

This might be an indication that, for all their arrogance, the staff are actually pretty incompetent on the whole, with only a handful of the teachers actually knowing or caring how to do their jobs.

This
Also each character is worth
they has individual personality

Just you wait. The wild ride has yet to begin

There's a difference between a kids show and a playful show that both adults and children can watch. Kids shows are inherently dumbed down and simplistic to the point where they're only enjoyable for kids (and autistic manchildren).

>I'm four episodes in and this is just a fucking kids show

Anime is for children. What were you expecting?

Don't trust memes, they're essentially just jokes.
>this is the type of show that i could see airing on nickelodeon.
I agree and that's not a good thing at all.

>students being expelled if they arrive late to the ceremony but then allowed to break literally any rule once they are enrolled
This shit really gets me. Especially since every episode has Akko acting like a little shit but being enabled by the plot and at worst getting some measly chore as punishment.

think it's more a problem of the writer being an hack.
We already got a warning with the second OVA, and the fight between Akko and Amanda in this episode felt exactly as forced and poorly executed as the conflict of Enchanted Parade.

it has been everything i hoped for and im also glad they chose to not put in panty shots even though there is alot of opportunity for it

If you consider that the academy can't afford losing any more students it makes sense, but it also makes the rule of the first episode even more stupid.
Why did it even end up in the script? Wasn't the trio being chased by a cockatrice enough, did it really need some artificial tension completely stupid and inconsistent with everything else?

>kyoanus falseflagging threads again

With all the open criticism LWA has been receiving recently the "Muh contrarian hating falseflagging shitposters" strategy doesn't work anymore.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that this board is also filled with the type of degenerates that also browse Sup Forums. Cute girls fumbling around actually doing nothing is all that they need to think a show is good, everything else is negligible.

>Trigger triggered a retarded 3deep5u/wowsuchmature animufatlord

And this is why this studio is so great, they deliver win with everything they do.

>a post per hour

NICE
SO
MUCH
CRITICISM
WOW

(projecting intensifies)

>Sup Forums is made of this single thread.

there's a straaaaaaaaaaaaawmaaaaaaaaaan waiting in the board

Pointing out a flaw in an argument isn't a strawman, you shitposting retard.

Yep, me too set my hopes too high for this show.

I was expecting something like the ova and the movie but with less quality but nonetheless wholesome complete story. And as they announced 26 episodes so some side stories of other witches groups as well.

What we have now is dumb episodes of nothing. But fags screaming MUH FAMILY FRIENDLY MUH SETTING MUH %WITCHNAME% and they are just happy to live on memories of the ova and the movie and piss themselves every time object of their faggotory appears on screen, they will eat shit if it will be marked as LWA. Sad.

if you dislike this show you will literally die alone in a ditch

whoa dude, for reals?

>Cute girls fumbling around actually doing nothing is all that they need to think a show is good,
But I thought Sup Forums loves Moe anime.

Only when it enables pedo degenerates to wank.

KLK was fucking amazing, this is pretty forgettable so far.

So the movie and OVA are a lot better than the tv show we got doing now?

At least it's flopping so no S2

I realized it after four minutes but yeah, it's literally just a cartoon all-girls Jap-fied version of Harry Potter.

um, no, not at all. there is absolutely no rule whatsoever that kid's shows have to be dumbed down and simplistic. in fact I've seen several kid's shows that are more mature than shows that are supposed to be for adults. also, they said from the beginning this was a kid's show.

That's why I love it. I like to imagine how it would be like to grow up watching this.

I don't get it, why would you assume the presence of a story when that had never been said? why does a show like this need a story to begin with, does every anime need an overarching story arc? why is being episodic a bad thing?

Nothing wrong with a kids show, but it is kind of a letdown coming from the guys that did Kill la Kill.

>Like Diana outclassing the teachers at everything
If you send a really gifted pupil who had private teachers up until then to an average school (yes Luna Nova is just a mediocre school riding on its past fame), then of course you're gonna get situations like that.
>learning dragonspeak at 12 yo
And kids in Germany here can choose Latin or Old Greek as their third language at age 12, instead of French or whatever else.
>and the teachers never searching for someone able to actually read the contract.
It'd look awfully bad for the school's reputation (they're already in the shitter) if people find out the teachers can't even do that properly. So they kept it under wraps.
>Or the students being expelled if they arrive late to the ceremony but then allowed to break literally any rule once they are enrolled.
Yea that's kinda dumb, but I can see why they'd do that. If we assume that they get paid by semester upfront, then getting rid of the little shits right as the year begins will still net them half a year's worth of tuition fees. Meanwhile if the kids are enrolled, you might as well drag them along until the second semester so you can collect dat sweet second semester tuition fee.

>JK Rowling invented witches
It amazes me that people can say shit like this with a straight face, and then get ass-blasted 5 ways to Sunday when you tell them that Geralt is a downright plagiarism of Elric of Melniboné.

LWA doesn't have a single cotton-picking thing that's similar to Harry Potter. For start, you know more about Akko's personality from the first episode than you know about Harry's after you've read all 7 of the fucking books.

Harry Potter had good worldbuilding and less glaring inconsistencies and bad writing, so it has LWA beat.

hahahahahah! NO

>introduce literal time traveling device
>woops, this is broken as fuck, better get rid of it
>would've been really useful in every single situation in the next 5 books

Why are you even trying so hard to justify blatantly lazy writing?
The elderly teachers being utterly incompetent compared to a 16 year old and letting her solve all their problems and basically run the school is stupid. Why is she even there then?
The whole dragon contract deal is so stupid if you think about it for a second it's incredible the script was approved. The contract is 1000 years old and yet nobody in all this time (or even in the decades the current director has been in charge) has tried to have it translated or even tried to learn the language, they had to wait for a prodigy teenager.

Since when Sup Forums like kids shows?
Why no one want to watch baby eggs then?

Dude LWA can't even keep extremely basic and trivial stuff consistent, not fucking up time travel is much harder in comparison and few pull it off.

More like I'm looking at it with common sense and don't need everything explained.

The teachers paying Jewnir is basically the same as the monkey-ladder experiment. They continue paying because they've always as far as they remember had to pay him interest regularly. That they're inept has been made clear from the start. It's something you can hate or like, but it's not like it wasn't made clear from the start that Luna Nova is a third rate school with shitty teachers who know their area of expertise but nothing else.

Meanwhile Diana is set up as a prodigy who has had the best private tutoring she could get, and I'd wager the plot is moving into the direction of her becoming head of school eventually. At least that is what all the teachers are banking on, plus the fact that her being there increases the prestige of their shitty school.

Like what for example?

ALL animes are kids shows you dumb fuck

Why is such prodigy from rich as fuck family in Luna Nova?

>Harry Potter had good worldbuilding and less glaring inconsistencies and bad writing

Good question, we don't know her backstory yet or why she's at the school. From the leaked previews we know it's in one of the next episodes though.

reading too much into too little

>kids show
Literally nothing wrong with that, even if true.

>some sort of morale.
Literally nothing wrong with that, even if true.

I hope no one is taking this retard serious after he just said that the series that completely ignores guns because "lol wizards don't know they even exist XD! even tho they have a fucking magic bus and half of the wizards live in the normal world as good world building and less writting inconsistencies

every argument is this thread is absolutely invalid.

The director even took out the contract just to stare at it cluelessly before Diana walked in. It's not like they never questioned it, they clearly wanted to know what it said to find some loophole. So why in decades, if not centuries they did not try to have it translated or translate it themselves? The premise of the episode was flawed and nonsensical to begin with.
The writing is all around poor and has been since the new writer took over with The Enchanted Parade. The fight between Akko and Amanda felt forced and unnatural exactly like the conflict between the trio in the movie. The movie has also that extremely idiotic thing about the witch hunt commemoration, where to not forget the atrocities muggles committed in the past they kick some witches around and replicate the old tortures on them. Makes perfect sense, I can see people doing the same about slavery and holocaust.

I stopped taking him seriously the instant he posted an OP where he complained about "kids shows" and talked like he'd only just heard about LWA after the TV series came out.

>The director even took out the contract just to stare at it cluelessly before Diana walked in. It's not like they never questioned it, they clearly wanted to know what it said to find some loophole. So why in decades, if not centuries they did not try to have it translated or translate it themselves? The premise of the episode was flawed and nonsensical to begin with.
That's pretty easy to answer though. They had no one who could read the language and they didn't want to ask anyone for help of fear that Luna Nova's reputation would be fucked.

>Show is set in a fucking magical school.
>expecting some type of mature/adult content.
It's pretty obvious this was going for the family/young audience but that doesn't make it bad.

anyone seriously comparing this show to harry potter is extremely basic.

>there hasn't been a single person in 1000 years that could've done the job discreetly
Sorry but I'm skeptical.

If a 12yo can learn it so could a bunch of old women in decades (or even centuries, the fact that the author of Night Fall was believed to be just one person implies witches live very long).

>the fact that the author of Night Fall was believed to be just one person implies witches live very long
It implies they can, not that they naturally do.
Not that nobody in the school learning it in so long makes any more sense if they live as long as a normal person anyway.

They broke the entire British supply of the things in Book 5, and they were heavily regulated to begin with. There's implications that the British Ministry of Magic didn't get along with most other non-European nations, and most of them were still using owls to communicate (which can take days on end just to cross from Hogwarts to London and back again), so it's not like it would've been easy to resupply those.

Yeah, it would've been helpful to have them, but they were written out long before it could've been useful.

How do we save Trigger foprm shitry writter?

You're being an idiot. None of the past teachers or the headmistress would give a shit about some random ancient contract they had with fafnir. The only reason it was brought up then was because they defaulted.

It isn't "nobody in luna nova's history has been able to read this for 1000 years!!!", it's "nobody cared enough until we ran out money and none of our third-rate faculty knows this stupid script."

I mean this writer is still better than fucking Okada.
But Otsuka, who wrote the first OVA, should have been in charge of this. Or they should have hired Nakashima again.

>does every anime need an overarching story arc? why is being episodic a bad thing?
Yes, shows with overarching stories are always better than episodic shows. Even episodic shows like trigun and GITS:SAC get a lot better, once the real overarching story kicks in.

So even when the academy was still respected and ran by competent people, nobody knew dragonese and they let the dragon rip them off?
How competent they were, less than a 12 year old.

I'll start watching once the drama kicks in, and somebody dies.

>Wanting more Imaishit
Kill yourself

No, when the academy was still respected and ran by competent people (read: financially self-sufficient) they didn't care enough to check. It's a fucking legal contract for a loan that was made centuries ago - why would any previous faculty member go looking for it and then scrutinize the text for loopholes if it wasn't an issue then?

>It's a fucking legal contract for a loan that was made centuries ago
But the contract was made at some point, and either there was someone who could read Dragonese present there, or there was not.
If there was, when and how did the school start paying interest on the loan? It can't be from the beginning.
If there was no person present who could read Dragonese when the contract was signed, what the fuck was Luna Nova thinking?

Who would've thought!

>why would anyone care if their debts exist or not, if they can pay they'll just pay
I'd like to offer you my services as your accountant.

Well anime is for children and manchildren so what did you expect

>an institution that ostensibly has hundreds of contracts and agreements in its portfolio and has existed for over 1300 years might not have airtight financials

Unprecedented. I forgot things in anime were perfect and immune from human error.

Well thanks for not answering any of my questions.
My point is, either they paid interest from the beginning, meaning nobody has ever read the contract, or the dragon at one point asked for higher rates, at which point they should have looked at the contract again.
>I forgot things in anime were perfect and immune from human error.
No you colossal retard, that is the point. They DID make a huge error because they are inept.

>letting the school go near bankrupt due to a debt you don't know if even exists
>sit on the document for a millennium and never get it translated
This is sheer stupidity, not mere human error. You just keep piling assumptions and mental gymnastics to justify blatant poor writing.

Let's just assume that the knowledge of dragonese is kept exclusive within the most ancient families that pass it down only to their heirs and forget about this.

I think it would be better if the pace was a little slower and there was slightly more of a focus on atmosphere.

1. It's not a debt, 2. The school went under because they lost 2/3rds of their annual enrollment.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it kinda sucks. Given Trigger's track record I'm fairly disappointed desu, especially given that it's their own franchise.

>He doesn't know lotte is going to be killed

There's a saying in my country:
Those who know practice it, those who don't teach it.

>those who can, do; those who can't, teach
Is an English idiom. Step up your game ESL-kun.

More like ETL.

"No!"

At least Okada gave us Nagi no Asukara. I can't hate her because of that even if she fucked up a lot of shows.

>There is only one poster saying LWA is bad.
Yeah, keep on thinking that.

It's not about Harry Potter inventing witches, it's about Harry Potter being one of the most succesful novel ever and obviously a huge influence for every following similar works.
You have to be blind or delusional not to see the influence of Harry Potter had on LWA.

As if there was any doubt about the flop of the dullest franchise in the history of anime franchises where each episode following the girl witch and her pals from Luna Nova as they fight assorted magical creatures has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the forced animation, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective storytelling, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Perhaps the die was cast when Trigger vetoed the idea of Kobayashi directing the series; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for figmas. The LWA series might be the anti-Kill la Kill (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Tweeny Witches series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
>a-at least the OVAs were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the films were terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time Akko found herself in a pinch, the author made her overcome it by "believing in herself."
I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that solution was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Yoshinari's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving comment of LWA by the same Hayo Miyazaki. He said something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching LWA at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch my Kiki's Delivery Service." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "LWA" you are, in fact, trained to watch Miyazaki.

>That troll picture.
You could have as well picked popular shows randomly for each category.

I don't know if you're falseflagging or what because your critic is mostly sound but it's said in the most terrible and exaggerated way.

It always amazes me how highly rated angels egg is.

It's an amazing piece of art, even if it can rightfully be considered "boring" if you're not the kind of person that likes to contemplate paintings.

I love this pasta.

It's pasta you dunce.

LWA is AOTY, deal with it

> obviously a huge influence for every following similar works.
Similar works meaning "the slew of similarly bland and generic YA fiction that circulated through American schools like bad bills." Anything that's influenced by Harry Potter is worse for it.

LWA has nothing in common with Harry Potter but witches and magic. It doesn't have a similar plot. It doesn't have similar characters (thank God) or parallel relationships. The ideas it explores are entirely different. Their worlds are different, with different rules and creatures.

You have to completely lack any sense of nuance to think they're even comparable.

>the anti-Tweeny Witches
But that was shit too and I dropped it for the same reason I'm almost dropping LWA, the protagonist is an unlikable annoying runt who I'm supposed to sympathize with for no good reason.

I just want to cum on Lotte, man, make her have a nerdgasm.

>Trigger saving anime
That never happened. Everything that Trigger made pales in comparison to anything old Gainax made.