Flip Flappers

Just finished it, did the sales of this go well? Also was it ever explained how or why Papika never grew up and was always young?

>did the sales of this go well?
You did this on purpose, didn't you?

>883

>Also was it ever explained how or why Papika never grew up and was always young?
yes

The sales were not a complete and utter disaster, but they were disappointing and sad.

Other shows managed to sell even worse, but it didn't manage to sell well either, not even decently, they were very mediocre.

And yes they sort of explain why Papika became young again.
The dick tree prison place where she was stuck was in an unstable part of pure illusion that was almost like a limbo where time flowed in unstable ways and that's what affected her and made the age shenanigans happen.

Somekindofcuck on suicide watch

Yayaka a SHIT! She doesn't deserve Cocona.

>Cockona

>tfw you'll never sniff Cocona

>tfw I have coconut scented shampoo
I can always dream can't I?

Yayaka was a great girl, Cocona didn't deserve her.

>Didn't deserve a great girl
>got a great girl instead
Sucks to be Cocona, I guess.

>Great
Lied to Cocona all her life and was ruining her goals and attacked her friend.

Cocona didn't get a girl she got a pet dog
Yayaka was raised by a cult which she couldn't help, but even then she only had Cocona's best interests at heart.
Meanwhile, Cocona never actually cared about Yayaka past the surface. How do you go that long and not know anything about where your friend grew up, what their interests are, what they do in their spare time? She was an awful friend who just wanted anyone by her side.

She got someone who'd protect her, make her happy and can go on adventures with.

So you agree, a pet dog

>she got a pet dog
You can't fuck dogs, Skippy.

You can, actually. And it's not even illegal in many places.

How is she a pet dog.

>You'll never sniff Cocona
>You'll never fly on the hoverboard
>You'll never go on adventures
>You'll never have Bu-chan be Bu-chan

I don't think she's a pet dog.
But i can see why people think that she is.

>You'll never sleep in a tunnel fort?

has anyone made an explanation of the plot and the symbolism? I wanna rewatch the show after reading one.

more like
>you'll never return to the womb with your mother's old fuckbuddy

Yeah

So what was the meaning of the world with those faceless people that kept starting over?

Does anyone here like Salt?

I do.

I still don't think his shadiness/assholeness in the first half of the show was justified, but I sympathized for his position in it all.

No we are all yuri dykes stop asking

JK salt's a pretty cool dude, shota salt was adorable and all that

But why? He was a failure of a friend and father? He's the reason Mimi and Papika got there life's ruined because he didn't aid them.

wow thanks

Plus that character design.

It really was strange that he didn't do more in the show's first 2/3. Like I can understand he had to keep his status as Cocona's father on the dl, but they went overboard with his aloofness.

He might have been extremely depressed

No prob

It was a riff on class S yuri like Marimite

I think that was a given from the way he is and the lab.

"12" was a loose metaphor that can mean a lot of things, but was generally about the inability to move forward. It represented both Cocona's conception of her relationship with Papika, her engagement with the world as a whole in a Jungian sense, and yuri genre archetypes.

It's worth noting that everything "12" was obscured in that world. Cocona's wristwatch and the 12th dorm room are obvious examples, but also the 12th step landing on the stairway leading to the roof, to the place where students always go in pairs and where Cocona and Papika share their little cohabiting Pipe paradise. The 12th step to the roof being blocked is a neat bit of trivia, but it also lends a lot of weight to that scene and the fact that Papika circumvents the step and helps Cocona to the roof anyways.

Bet they've flipped flaps in there several times.

Imagine how stuffy it would get in a narrow pipe full of cushions and pillows, with at least one of its two openings plugged. Two bodies in there, moving, sweating, breathing; other fluids leaking.

That place must be fetid and dank with the lingering stench of lesbians.

Take a whiff inside and it'll just be that exact smell. All the cushions and pillows probably stained with their bodily fluids.

>lingering stench of lesbians

Not everyone makes rational decisions. Sometimes people put their career above all else; why would you abandon such a prestigious position to run away with some experiment subjects? I'm not trying to say he lacks empathy, but there's a rationality to his decision.

He also didn't know she was pregnant.

They probably made some new features and attachments to Bu-chan.

I bet Papika can probably identify each and every single stain
>And that's from the time Cocona came really, really hard! I sleep with that one.
>And that's from when I forgot I was drooling. Cocona got really mad at me for that.
>Oh, and that's where Cocona lost bladder control. Would you like some tea? Cocona doesn't drink tea anymore.

>Cocona doesn't drink tea anymore
Does she now drink bodily fluids now?

There there, they were all great girls deserving of happiness and love and each other.

Interesting, multifaceted, well written and cute good girls.

They should just make a happy threesome.

Guess who drew this

She got cucked by Mimi poor girl.

It's not really a threesome since Papika and Yayaka didn't get much time to have a relationship.

Remember in episode 9 where they fought over Yayaka's food?
It'd be like that, except the food would be Cocona's bean.

a homage?

Or they could spend time together instead

Papika probably smells exactly like that fish.

True, such a shame.

If the show had been two cour they could have gone that route, after deafeating Mimi it turns out there was an even greater organization behind asclepcius and even more secrets related to pure illusion, and along the way Papika and Yayaka need to bond a bit more.

They still got some good dynamics going though.

Yayaka could tease Papika well, but Papika was clever enough to adapt to it all the time. They could actually argue and banter with each other in ways that it's not normally possible with Cocona because she's too sensible. Same reason why Yayaka could hype up Papika more, as they were both quite hot blooded.

Damn it I wanted more of those two together.

God bless futanon, the OC MVP of this show.

More edits of them? This is great work thanks user.

Check out Yuniko's next yuri show

They could have just had Cocona and Papika take down Asclepius themselves.

Break it down like this:
Episode 10 proceeds as normal, except without Mimi taking over at the end. Cocona is just captured by Asclepius.
Episode 11 reveals that Salt's dad, Cocona's grandfather, rules the KKK. Swaps back and forth between the perspectives of Cocona trapped in Asclepius and Papika racing around town, evading Asclepius patrols while searching for Cocona.
Episode 12 Cocona escapes, but Papika loses the shards.
Episode 13 is a cooldown episode where PaCoYa reunite and plan to confront Asclepius head-on to retake the shards and stop whatever plan Asclepius has
Episode 14 and 15 are the actual confrontation, split into two parts.
15 ends on a cliffhanger with Asclepius successfully reviving Mimi
Mimi's arc is now extended from episode 16 onward and includes much more character development and more scenes with her and Cocona.

This arc also includes standalone-ish episodes like the first cours, but this time it's Papika and Yayaka, or the twins searching PIs for Mimi and encountering hostile traps created by her to keep them away. Instead of just being "evil mom watch out" she functions more like a trickster deity occupying pure illusion, that just so happens to also be Cocona's mom.

You cover the same basic story across two cours while having some more time for the types of singular episodes that made the show so good, and also more time to develop the main plot. Plus Cocona and Papika's reunion would have more impact due to them spending more time apart, and Cocona being more cognizant for that duration instead of just being mommies widdle vegetable for two episodes.

I wish it had been 2 cours so much.

GoKiGeNyOu!

Yep, it'll probably be a while before we get something like this again.

>2nd Volume 795

That means even within the minority fanbase 88 persons couldnt afford to waste more money on this shit. Really makes you think.

>All the c91 stuff on infinites site sold out a few days ago

I want to die inside.

If ever at all.
The episodic genre shifts during the earlier parts were so good, and it's a very rare thing to see in anime.
Plus the way they kept the mystery for so long while retaining the stakes and the hype high with great teases and cliffhangers was fantastic and really made them satisfying despite being so episodic.

Along with the action and combat design which was so good on it sown right and the girls which were top tier characters with such great yuri.

Honestly, I'm just desperate for an OVA or something.
I need a proper epilogue
I need Cocona and Papika just being unabashedly lovey-dovey with each other, without a care in the world
I need Yayaka moving on and finding happiness and fulfillment in her life now that she's free
I need Mimi hosting PI tea parties and being a dorky teenage mom

But mostly I just need more.

All of those things can be somewhat delivered in a single episode.

Mimi has a tea party in pure illusion and she invites everyone.

Yep, it left a empty sad feeling inside me when the final episode finished and the ED came on, it needed more and I want more of fun adventures with them, seeing more random worlds and watching them goof off with each other. We definitely need more Mimi I feel she got the short end of the stick with barely any proper time of her with Cocona. That would make a great OVA.

I'd picture it like something out of Alice in Wonderland.

Mimi would sit at the head of the table, looking refined and elegant, speaking politely and sipping tea with her pinky out.
But around the table, between each actual guest, a different teddybear would be seated. Because it's PI, each of the teddybears would be animated, and they'd each represent a part of Mimi's personality that she's hiding while she puts on the gracious host act. One bear drills Cocona relentlessly about what Salt has been doing, and if there's any women in his life. Who is this "Sayuri" person and what does she look like?
Another would just constantly spout embarrassing stories about Papika from the good ol' days
A third would pick a fight with Yayaka over how "unladylike" her manners
A fourth and fifth would just be constantly primping Yuyu and Toto, fixing their hair, wiping crumbs from their cheeks and generally babying them.
A sixth would just carry Nyunyu off and bring her back halfway through the episode in some proper clothes
A seventh would be playing Old Maid with Bu-chan and cheating. It'd still lose anyways and throw a tantrum over it.
And a few more around the table would just occasionally interject into conversations. One being bitter and angsty and cynical about everything. One being pure and oblivious about the world and constantly being confused. And, one that's very obviously based on evil Mimi, wearing the henshin outfit and everything, that's just sitting grumpily at the opposite ending the table, making it obvious it doesn't want to be there.

I love that idea as a way to generate all sorts of good interactions between the characters, answer some questions via those interactions and show more of Mimi's inner elements all along the way with a fun and silly setting that fits a PI so well.

He was my self-insert. His voice actor did an amazing job too. You could really feel all the pain and regret he harbored all those years.
FUCK, I was planning on ordering a second blanket. Now I'm too afraid to open the one I got. Maybe they'll restock?

Of course.
I wasn't always on board him him, he seemed shady as fuck.
But he was one of the good guys.
He managed to pull it all off in the end, stuck to the plan and made up for his mistakes.
They sure managed to make him a likable example of that sort of character which is unusual and I'm happy about it.

>That edit
Makes him lose all seriousness of his character kek.

He was always a bit of a joke
He spent 14 years preparing a weapon to stop Mimi and she breaks it in about 4 seconds
He got his daughter back and then couldn't even work up the courage to introduce himself
He had to prostrate himself before a JC delinquent to clean up his mess for him
And his heroic entrance in the final episode accomplished nothing except get his glasses broken.

Now that you put it in that way desu, he sounds like a complete failure and letdown.

Someone said there was a Dream Hunter Rem reference in this show, is that true?

Don't know but you should watch it anyway user-kun.

Oh come on.
You forgot to mention the utter failure of letting Mimi and Papika alone without figuring out what was truly troubling them. Half the fault goes to them for not explaining themselves clearly though.
And also that time he dropped the cute intern with a crush on him from the bike, shame on you Salt. He's lucky she has such a big crush on him she didn't care.

But then again he did make up Flip Flappers out of nowhere, managed to refine his technology with his low resources well enough to make things work out.
A cool base, method to travel to PI, robot guards, Bu chan, all the systems to track PI.
They had some good stuff there and probably underbudget too, that's sort of an achievement.

He probably had to raise Papika for a while in some form at least.
More importantly though he was dedicated to this cause, even if he didn't directly do that much in the end he was essential for everything, without him there's no Flip Flappers, no Cocona and Papika reuniting and exploring PI, no Bu chan, Sayuri and Hidaka to help them out, no method to enter together reliably and so on.

His weapon failing vs Mimi is not such a big deal because Mimi was broken, everything failed vs her.
Not working up his courage is excusable at the time because I assume he didn't want to put Cocona under even more stress at the time but he definitely needs to come clean about that now.
And prostrating himself to Yayaka was a very manly thing to do, in a way. It means he was ready to put his pride behind and humbly beg for help to save those he cared about.
His final act did buy the girls some time at least even if it wasn't that much of a big deal, it helped at the time.

Being able to say no to his PI switch was probably his best moment though. That's something nobody else managed to do and he did it with style.

Because Papika was genetically modified with Amorphous fragments so as to be capable of traversing Pure Illusion

He also risked entering ELIPSIS? What you saw what happened with his father all for the sake of others.

>all this salt bullying

>raise Papika
God bet he enjoyed every moment during that time. The fact he managed to survive that is an achievement itself.

Yes, I loved it from the first shot he was in. He was cool because he was made to be tryhard-cool and the way he strongly contrasted with the rest of the show gave him even more of a presence. They also handled the mysterious aspect of him by keeping him in the background for most of the show.

Did he forget what happens when you cum inside a vagina and how babies are made?

Yeah he always added a sort of cool shadow element to the show.
A hint at a bigger darker something going on.

Spinoff with delinquent Cocona & Papika pls.

Salt was a good character, sure he has flaws, so does everyone not only he admits he fucked up but he puts himself on the line for others.

As soon as he prostrated himself before Yayaka all was forgiven. We didn't get too much on him but I liked what we did get.

He definitely gave off some last boss vibes early on, but soon after I just accepted him as the smug audiophile that bossed around cute little girls into doing his dirty work. The flashback scenes with Mimi really served to humanize him and made him a character worth rooting for.
>She got cucked by Mimi
If only, Mimi coming back to the real world and Sayuri getting BTFO would've been glorious. The scene where Mimi asked Salt to still think of her as his #1 was too fucking sad.

I wonder what Salt will do now.
He has a cute young intern with a mega crush on him but he's also got a reality warper goddess stuck in another dimension who can travel into his dreams waiting for him.

Surely he can't have both.

I love my wife, even when she's all grown up.

He'll stick with Mimi, he does have a kid with her after all.
Yep and each time seeing Cocona taken from her was painful to see.

>Cocona with glasses.
Not enough of her like that.

Papika makes a weirdly good boy.

She's a cutie.

Favorite artist fanart of them grown up.
It's so cute and fitting.

She looks so great with them. Do you have any with Papika wearing glasses? I'd pay to have her get new glasses or fix them though she looks stunning wearing them.

I know, right? Yayaka is super cool and sexy as expected.

No sorry. I guess she got too woke and couldn't wear them again.