Is there a worse father in all of anime? Not even gendo was this much of a shit

Is there a worse father in all of anime? Not even gendo was this much of a shit.

I gotta stop coming to this board. I'm 99% of this Sup Forums is nothing but speedreaders and shit posters.

watch out that superiority complex you've fostered over the years in your neetcastle will be your undoing.

Gone aunt literally stole custody you poop

Gendo was still worse. Charles is also worse. Yujiro is also worse. etc. Ging is nowhere near the worst.

Goku maybe?

this

you're bullshitting yourself if you really think this board has any value

You can easily find shit fathers in most of animes because "fathers" are usually depicted as grown-up MCs, and you would agree that many MCs are prone to be social misfits who cannot be good fathers at all.

By the way, He's my favorite MC in the hunter x hunter.

Wrong, you fucking retard.

He basically just went off and left his son at home. That's a non-existent dad. Meanwhile you have dads who are actively fucking their kid's lives over. In fact, it was probably a good thing for Gon that Gin left him. He seems like the kind of guy who, if he'd been around while Gon was growing up, would have made Gon's life a lot worse than it was.

This guy is probably the best father in all of anime. Prove me wrong.

Why would a ten year old draw a beard on his face like that

>had a family meal with his son
Father of the year.

Ging's not a terrible father, he wasn't a father at all. His cousin won custody of Gon and neither wanted Gon to have anything to do with him, both using methods to dissuade him from giving chase. They all fail.

Ging himself wanted to do his own thing and didn't think he could be a father to Gon. The feeling is shared by his son, who said Ging didn't feel like a father and it wasn't about meeting Ging but finding him.

definitely not the worse in all of anime but comically bad, especially from the perspective of regular people. ging getting called out on his shit parenting was probably the funniest in hxh for me

No matter how much tfs tries to play that, goku wasn't a bad father circumstances (like dying several times) lead him to abandoning gohan, and goten. It really wasn't his choice.

nah he is legit warning you, if you seem smart to the lowest percentage you can still be an idiot etc

Believe it or not, there are worse fathers than Ging in anime.

Gon would be a lot more advanced if he traveled with Ging though. He's already a prodigy, so he'd probably end up being a mini Ging.
We'd probably have a different main character though, because Gon would be a lot different. He'd be the type of character to get hyped up as the prodigy child of a genius and get killed a few chapters later.

Shieet. Now I want to see some alternate universe HxH.

He's not father material. He knows it. He left him with someone who can be a parent instead.

Dario Brando,father Of Dio Brando ,Who influenced many to work for his evil deeds including a priest who restarted the universe. Because Dario Brando was shit the universe got fucked up

It's either a tie between him and this guy.

I think though the incest wins.

Are you really going to sit there and pretend that Goku doesn't just have to use the dragon balls?

In hxh there's something out there that could threaten the entire world. Ging devotes himself to doing something about this as he's one of the rare individuals with the talent to do so.

Given his particular talents, and personality, he's doing pretty much the best he can for his son, what more could you ask of any father?

he literally said to gon flat out that he doesn't feel like being his dad lol

hes probably better off doing his hunter thing but im fairly sure gon is the last thing on his mind when he does his job

>I'm 99% of this Sup Forums
That's impressive, how do you make so many posts so fast?

So jokes aside , can someone give a worse example than Yujiro ? And explain why said example is worse. ( might not know the character)

Okay, everyone, we are done here, the correct answer has been given.

Japanese dads have so little impact on their kids upbringing since they're too busy getting drunk with their coworkers at mandatory bar nights that they may as well not exist. That's why so many MCs have daddy issues.

>lying to yourself like this

Reddit is that way user.

>Sup Forums unironically likes chimera ant and calls it a masterpiece
Are you all 13 years old?

He's a father? Dude looks like a 10 year old got some of his dads shaving residue out the sink and rubbed it all over his face

Diavolo.

You dont get worse than trying to kill your own daughter and stealing her make up.

>bestows you with genes capable of being a world master with nen usage
>also extremely fit good looking positive extroverted
>gives you an actual purpose in life; to find him when you get older and learn from him
>absolute winner at life respected by people for his actions and talent as a hunter
>only drawbacks are that he's lazy and not around when hes a kid.
>pursues his ambition instead and is the best at his craft in the world
>gon still turns out better than normal despite him not being around.

Problem?

My god you are stupid. Gon said Ging doesn't feel like a father because Ging wasn't there for him as a father. You're acting like Gon absolutely does not think Ging could be his father after getting to know him. No. It's not some informed opinion of Ging as a character like "oh now that I see how you are like, you cannot be a father to me." It's more like "you were absent my whole life and because of this I can't think of you as a father." Besides, being a father isn't some unflexible role that is incompatible with Ging. You're either there as a father or you're not. If Ging had actually been a part of his life occasionally checking up on Gon, taking care of him for those few days, and then constantly leaving to go and do his shit, Gon would likely think of him as a father. He might not think he was that great of a father for good reason, but he would still think of him as a father because he would still have a fatherly presence in some form.

And not being a father is being a terrible father if he chose not to be there for his son.

Naruto Uzumaki completely neglects his kids

Hear me out guys...but what if Hisoka became a father. How do you think he'd parent? Would he show them hidden kindness and love?

except with sexual abuse on top.

>Ging WASN'T a shitty father

Is that why Boruto goes rogue?

>Gon said Ging doesn't feel like a father because Ging wasn't there for him as a father blah blah
No shit, moron. He didn't chose not to be there; Mito fought and took custody of Gon from him, told Ging to buzz off, and then fucking lied to Gon about his parents dying.

Welcome to HxH; if you didn't get the memo, people tend to be selfish even with the best of intentions.

>didn't choose not to be there

God damn nigga how did you manage to fuck up comprehending the story about Ging? He left Gon to Mito. Mito was pissed off not only because he's never there, but because he fucking abandoned Gon. That's why she told him to never come back as he was a selfish idiot.

It never said that she fought for custody or some shit. All it said is that she got custody because guess what? She became Gon's gaurdian/parent due to Ging abandoning him.

No shit she lied to Gon about his parents dying. She didn't want to tell him Ging abandoned him. You really misunderstood that entire backstory and made Mito out to be some bitch.

She admitted she lied about Ging abandoning Gon too. Read the damn manga.

Hisoka would be a very kind and loving father

this he will be a loving father to his and Machi's children

If Gon even abandoned him i don't see how this is terrible thing, it not like he leaved him to die, he left him in good hands. Not everyone can play father role and some people are better off this way.

I read it you moron. It looks like you didn't comprehend any of it though. Are you autistic? She told Gon they died in an accident. She then told him that he abandoned Gon which is the truth as he left Gon to Mito and the grandmother to take care of him.

If he never wanted to be a father he should have never had a kid.

>not everyone can play father role
That's why you shouldn't have a kid. And if you can't do that job then you're a shit father. I don't see the big deal in calling him that. He's a shit father.

First chapter. It doesn't mean she's a bad person, she still took care of Gon best she could and was obviously just trying to dissuade Gon from leaving her (like Ging) and becoming a Hunter (like Ging). But no one is an angel and her taking Gon from Ging and lies about him could be partly interpreted as her still feeling resentment toward Ging for 'abandoning' her and acting out of the belief he is unfit to be a father (something many of us, including Ging, agrees with).

Ging isn't a bad dude either and the series shows that. His problem is he's kind of an autist and the hands-off approach he took to Gon can make him look like a jackass, like when he refused to visit him in the hospital. But that's what makes him interesting.

The first chapter is especially good because it shows how precocious a child Gon is. He saw through her lies and makes conscious decisions to do his own thing, knowing he's being selfish.

There's an episode of Tenchi where he founds out his mother was literally a totally different person from how he remembered her. He later came to accept his mother loved him in her own way. This definitely applies to Mito and sort of applies to Ging if he wanted to leave it be. But in the end, Gon was still Ging's son.

In fairness all he did was prostitute his nine year old adoptive son to a gay paedophile and then subsequently died like a bitch.

>I read it you moron.
Apparently you didn't, see here . Ready to admit you're a moron yet?

>If he never wanted to be a father he should have never had a kid.
We don't know any of the circumstances surrounding that. However it is a fact Mito took legal custody of Gon from him. Get off that high horse, especially when you can't pay attention to the series.

I don't think anyone is saying he's a bad guy. Just that he's a bad father. If he had stayed with Gon and abused him or something, then he would not only be a bad father, but a bad human being.

Mito saying she lied doesn't prove Ging never abandoned him. All it says is that she felt some guilt on her side about getting custody and telling Ging to fuck off. The fact is that Ging did leave Gon behind because he wanted to continue being a hunter. It's also a fact Ging didn't want to be a father as he said it multiple times. Despite her winning custody, he decided to not even visit Gon. You could point to Mito telling him not to come back, but that was due to Ging putting Gon and her in that situation in the first place. Like he said, he doesn't want to be a father. His actions and words mean more than Mito's words.

I actually like Ging too.

>If he never wanted to be a father he should have never had a kid.
It doesn't work that way. Sometimes you have sex for pleasure and not for purpose of making kids, and yet you still get them!

It's more like you fail to comprehend what people mean when they speak. You think Ging never abandoned Gon, yet he left Gon. He also never once saw Gon after leaving him with Mito and he himself said he didn't want to be a father.

You only look at it from Mito's side who lies to get a message across. A lie isn't always a bad thing and that's the way she sees it too. She lied to Gon initially to not make him feel bad about being left behind. She lied to Gon about Ging so that he wouldn't go looking for him. Gon just took it as motivation to be a hunter which surprised her.

If Ging never abandoned him then what was him never bothering to visit Gon ever about? Even if he had visited Gon every now and then, he still wouldn't be a good father and it still wouldn't mean he didn't abandon him. The final confirmation is Ging's words.

It's not "Mito lied and took custody so that's that. Ging never had a chance." Makes no sense.

And when you fuck up you take responsibility. Because he didn't he's a bad father.

Then we're just splitting hairs, boyo. In the sense that he went off to do his hunter thing and never looked back, then yes you could say he abandoned Gon (though we don't know the particulars, like whether he was even allowed to see Gon).

I do not see how you can infer that this was something forced upon her by Ging. If anything, even if Ging was planning to care for him, Mito wrestling Gon from him showed who cared more and he only confirms that through his own words and actions.

At some degree. There a lot worse options that stay with kids, beat them up or rape them, make them fuck up inside.
I say he made right decision. Gon would be probably dead if he stayed with him.

Ging is just a deadbeat. There are many anime fathers who are actively terrible to their children.

Ging is a horrible father because his mother was a good for nothing prostitute.

The sins of the ancestors just carry on.

>Yujiro is also worse.

Any father in Fate, easily. Seriously, if that series just renamed itself into Dad, nothing would really change.

What? I would say Ging is just terribly incompetent, which in anime terms, quite the norm actually. Now, fathers that are malicious and destructive to their children's upbringing, like Gendo and Charles, are truly terrible fathers.