What to modern Russians think of the Soviet Union?

What to modern Russians think of the Soviet Union?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qXE0Xvbk64I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They miss it. And I mean the only time that they miss is after Stalin and before Gorbachev.

I thought a lot of Russians were big admirers of Stalin?

Mixed opinions from what I hear.

It was good under Stalin and after that it became shit but the Russian federation is pretty damn good

They are still proud of Soviet accomplishments and argue that Anglo-American criticism of the Soviet Union is unfair. A few accept the fact that it was a squalid dictatorship and hope for a better future.

Wide range of options. Some like it especially older peaple and very young people. But most ether neutral or negative

how come none of em know how to do a proper squat?

Different people - different opinion.

I know right. They lost this lore with deinstallations of gulags. But worry not I believe Putin gonna bring it back soon.

It's like asking "what murrican think about trump".

There are a few of those, but mostly people miss the 60s and 70s when the Soviet Union made quite a few achievements in science and technology, and before the neoliberal rape of their country

B-but muh nazbolism
Why are amerimutts so self-hating

Most Americans like Trump though. Reminder that if the illegals didn't vote then he would've won the popular vote too.

COD4 has a great quote on the topic by putin...

It was basically saying you were heartless if not miss motherland. fool if you wanted to go back to it.

Those are only russian boomers. Not young people. Young people don't really give a fuck because they have little experience with it.

The boomers aren't "modern" russians.
t. half russian

Young people really don't care. Old boomers are nostalgic about it.

Most of us don't give a fuck. Some old people are nostalgic for it, but for the rest of us, it's like a ancient history. Amerifats care more about SU than we do.

USSR was BTFO, so there is no reason for nostalgia, especially for people who never lived innit. Old folk mostly nostalgic.
Anyway, many people do not like ex-ussr republics and think they're money leechers and scum.

I have met many older (40+) people who wish for the old soviet union back. I never challenge them but I always wonder why the fuck they left and came to America. Most of these types of people are hard workers but in typical commie fashion, they hate merit based success and do everything they can to undermine a meritocracy.

youtu.be/qXE0Xvbk64I

>Russian federation is pretty damn good
>National Bolshevik

>supports genocide of russian nation
>supports capitalist oligarchy regime
>supports imprisoning of national bolshevik activists

They're nostalgic because they were young back then. Now they're old. Being old is sad. Simple as that.

Sixty percent of Russians miss it, and it's getting worse.

"Anyone who doesn't miss the Soviet Union has no heart, anyone who wants it back has no brain."

I think that summed it up pretty nice

makes sense desu

Depends on who you ask.
(((intelligentsiya))), for example, hates it.
Because:
a) They all have (usually faked) "nobility roots".
b) They LOVED to snitch on each other. (That's why the don't like the idea of opening up "the KGB/NKVD letters and make info about secret informants public)
c) They are pretty neocon. All for free market unless the government stops giving THEM gibs, then it's 1937. Nothing to say that, apparently, the only way they can create something non-degenerate is when some cunt from KGB is watching over them.

Average men... well, it really depends on whether he believes that his family was a nobility or, at least, a "hardworking kulaks".

Khruschev's time is liked, as well as Brezhnev's. Stalin is a reaction to the current establishment and government clerks, Gorbie is despised, Andropov is considered good guy who died to early.

>I never challenge them but I always wonder why the fuck they left and came to America.

Where do you live? Serious question, I won't to know which diaspora are you talking about. Maybe they left in the 90-ies, can't blame them, to be fair.

of course jews hate communism, they took almost everything that was public for themselves

That it was a boring place of lost opportunities
Have a (you)
They are not wrong. Nonwhite subhumans are a cancer