Did any other user go to one of the Ghost in the Shell 1995 screenings tonight? Subs at my theater were shit...

did any other user go to one of the Ghost in the Shell 1995 screenings tonight? Subs at my theater were shit, they disappeared off screen during a couple lines and in the ending chapel scene "memories" was somehow translated as "memes"

Ive seen this movie 6 times and I still dont fully get it. I thought I understood it completely last time I saw it

bump am i the only one who likes this movie?

Hardly, but I wasn't even aware there were screenings

Good movie. I still can't believe that me and OP were so close.

ok

Anyways OP the subs weren't that bad. Better then watching the dub and "memes" almost made me chock on my popcorn. Overall good.

I dont recall the dub being bad aside from the delivery of a couple lines, wouldve gone both days but i dont feel like doing the drive

>I still dont fully get it

Don't worry, it'll be spelled out to you soon.

I'm going to see the Dub in theateres tomorrow night

Just got back from my screening. Can also confirm the shit subs in OP.

Why would they use 'memes' instead of memories? Makes no sense to me. Like when they did the translation were they like memes is a better word than memories?

I went to the one in Harker Heights.

There was a few showings here in LA. Think there was one in Baldwin hills but that place is seedy and filled with nogs so I didnt go

I should have though.

I saw it in a little theater in Atlanta.
Same issue with the disappearing subs, though only twice that I saw.
The memes bit threw me off too, but fortunately no one was cringey or started laughing.

I just got back from the Rave in LA. Subs were okay at best, them popping out twice did startle the audience and cause laughter. Otherwise I would say it was amazing seeing this in theatres.

Really enjoyed it.

Just saw it in Minneapolis. Subs were shit here too. But it was a cool experience seeing it in the theater.

Probably using the original definition of 'meme':

>meme

>noun
>an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.

But do you seriously expect the average burger to know that, though?

>Get

What is there to get?

Do you think "cyber-brains"/bodies are coming any time soon?

Do you think AI is a remotely plausible concept that has had any real-world progress thus far (hint: it hasn't)?

That and clumsy evolutionary metaphors and you have GitS 1995!!!

Still a great movie.

>(hint: it hasn't)
>Virtual home assistants
>Self-driving cars in development
>TensorFlow

>Algorithms are people

There will never be AI.

People are algorithms.

>There will never be AI.
"AI" is all around us.

Only we don't call it AI because we know how it works.

So in effect you're right, as soon as something becomes useful it stop being AI and gets a proper name, thus we'll never have AI.

Shit subtitles in my neck of the woods as well, with some really annoying drops. Also can't believe some of these lines made it past an editor.

But GitS is fucking dope and seeing it on the big screen was nice.

Do they project the film reels or is it digital?

>did any other user go to one of the Ghost in the Shell 1995 screenings tonight?
Why would I be anywhere near normalfags?

Saw it in Sacramento at the Tower Theaters. Only had maybe one line dropped in the subs.

Pretty good film. The philosophy makes me want to come back for more. Excited for the remake.

>Ive seen this movie 6 times and I still dont fully get it
It's ok, Hollyjew will spoonfeed you very soon with their own version so even the most braindead audience will understand.

stop trying to sound smart

Went to go see it for the first time.
I claim to love cyberpunk, how did I not see this before?

A Digital Cinema projector, like most everything nowadays. It wasn't terrible, but don't expect a 4k or 70mm projection or anything. The worst part was the subtitles disappearing briefly.

Do you seriously expect the average burger to be going to a screening of a subtitled anime movie from 95?

Do you seriously think that anyone should care about their understanding anyway?

When I originally watched the sub like a decade ago it used "memes," and I understood it in the original intended sense. This was before the internet had managed to completely bastardize the word, of course.

All these idiots complaining about the word "meme" just don't realize that the internet has ruined their ability to think.

It makes sense in the Dawkinian sense.