What the god-damned fuck am I watching

what the god-damned fuck am I watching

Genocide

It's genocide!

A story that was already hanging on a thread completely collapsing on itself and devolving into pure (if still enjoyable) nonsense.

I can remember that long ago

It's not Genocide since 9's aren't people

Euphyminator was indeed memorable

R2 > R1
Discuss

The most contrived plot point you've ever seen. The rest of the season is still good though.

11's Friendo

no

you're watching Adult Swim circa 2005/6?

A masterpiece.

People say this part was an asspull but was it really? They already showed that the Geass could get out of control with Mao (and later with C.C) and already hinted at Lelouch having slight trouble with his Geass. Maybe it's my love for the series thats hindering me but I dont think it was that much of an asspull

Sup Forums as a woman.

I don't think people say it's so much an asspull as much as people thinking it was utterly ridiculous

So did his eye power ever fuck up like it did there after that?

It's not so much the part where the geass goes out of control that bothers people. It's the part where lulu, an apperent genius, says "you should go out there and kill everyone" as an example of what he could command with his power.

They set it up in terms of Mao and how the geass develops. In terms of theme, it's just one of several instances where Lelouch plays with fire and things get out of hand.

Code Geass just does everything it, good or bad, ludicrously.

It did, continuously. He uses contact lenses to block the continuous geass, for most of the second season. He even removes the lens to reveal the geass in the OP.

I don't care. I love it as a plot twist and I think it fits perfectly into the show

I barely remember Geass, but wasn't the bit with whatshername caused when he wasn't even looking at her?

This was my favorite moment of the series. Euphy was a good girl though. RIP Euphy

How is it the consensus on Sup Forums is that this is good/great?
I mean, it was a hell of a ride, but how can you defend the writting?

Are we talking this episode specifically or Code Geass as a whole? I'll defend the quality of Code Geass but this episode was stupid.

Because most of Sup Forums didn't have a problem following the plot.

>but how can you defend the writting?
You really can't, it was shit. But, writing works in a circle. You have Fantastic, great, pretty good, good, ehh, bad, terrible, complete shit, then back to fantastic, and that's where Code Geass is.

The perfect anime.

Where was the writing bad?

Code Geass didn't exist in 2005, baka

I don't understand his plan, he wanted to destroy God by bringing everyone's collective consciousness together in order to form a new, probably omnipotent being.

I'm probably missing something because I'm too retarded to follow the plot but it just seems pretty dumb.

That's what happens when you have the mind of a villain.

This is one of those questions that by asking it in the first place you prove you will be unable to understand the answer.

But, while true, ending the response there is fucking gay and I don't like boys, so here we go.

>the highschool setting
>every single one of Lelouche's plans
>Eupeminator
>the fucking phone
>Rollo in general
>1 million Zeros

I honestly haven't seen it since the rewatch threads a couple years after it aired, which I guess was a long time ago considering I don't remember it, but every single episode had some fucking retarded shit in it, without fail.

Best girl in action.

>highschool setting is bad writing
I'm pretty sure you're retarded.

If he believed humanity was fundamentally shit, why did he think bringing them together to form another, probably worse ominpotent being would be any better?

There were many situations throughout the story like this
Not an argument. The plot wasn't difficult to follow, but was full of deus ex-machina moments.
The characters were constanty driven to a corner plotwise just for the writer to jump to an outoftheblue/uncontextulaized solution. For example:
>lelouch is aprehended
>'lol I Geass'd Guilford before xd'
No prior foreshadowing
No context in the storyline of where/how it happened
Just a flashback of Lelouch in a military base Geassing Guilford.
So much for good writing, huh?

A most forced moment to advance the story of an overrated anime.

If I have any complaints about CG, it's that more wasn't made of Lelouch being his own show's villain.

We should have seen more instances of him being a bastard. He's just a little too soft-hearted. Him going full villain at the end is great, though.

>No context in the storyline of where/how it happened
>Just a flashback of Lelouch in a military base Geassing Guilford.
Because that would ruin the surprise/twist. Series like this don't work if everything is so obviously telegraphed. Not to mention the start of that episode shows Guilford going to meet Orange at the base so it is technically foreshadowed..

>the highschool setting
what? why is that bad?
>every single one of Lelouche's plans
specifics?
>Eupeminator
I don't agree
>the fucking phone
Not sure what you're referencing, is it the shower scene?
>Rollo in general
I didn't like him at all especially after what he did to Sherry but I think his roles were important as the story progressed
>1 million Zeros
I wouldnt really call this bad more like meh

This.
One of the things for me was the writer presenting the reactions to Zero's keikaku as if there was only one way out of it
>Suzaku/Cornelia/the Chinks:'we can only do this, there's no other way'
>me: yes there is you fucking idiots

You've fundamentally misunderstood the plot behind what Charles was trying to do. Rewatch it and pay attention this time.

>No prior foreshadowing
Found the speedwatcher. This actually was foreshadowed with a vague scene, and then the complete detailed flashback was shown once it happened.

As someone who has watched both seasons 9 times and counting I'll be the first to admit it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either.

They couldn't make him a straight up asshole because otherwise they couldn't reason that he wasn't just turning everyone into his slaves off the bat because pride/morality.

>>the highschool setting
Nice meme.
>>every single one of Lelouche's plans
Besides being sometimes over-simplified they make sense within the context of the show and are entertaining.
>>Eupeminator
I agree that it's dumb but not THAT big of a deal honestly.
>>the fucking phone
???
>>Rollo in general
Nah, Rollo is a good character. I guess you could argue that he's too emotional to be an assassin but he's still a kid and I think his motives for wanting a family are sympathetic.
million Zeros
Yeah that was retarded.

I wonder if the whole World of C/Third Impact thing was actually in the original plans for R2, or if it got added with the moved timeslot.

Charles was a much more compelling villain to me when he was just an evil emperor and the ultimate terrible father. I didn't need him to be SEELE on top of that. That was a little too much.

He wanted to kill god. Don't think about it too much.

The absolutely best scene in history of entertainment

I don't get how people couldn't understand it. Seemed pretty explicitly explained to me.

Why? He's not a villain, just a harbinger of change that often times to force and violence. He does not enjoy killing, even when they are pretty fucked up people.

Agreed

Literally Top 10 Anime Twists material. People who don't like it are retards.

WHAT A TWIST!

>Nice meme.
>what? why is that bad?
>I'm pretty sure you're retarded.

>He's a fugitive terrorist trying to overthrow the government!
>but like, in highschool and stuff

Fucking stupid, get out of here.

The highschool stuff took up a tiny minority of episodes and even those episodes helped advance the plot. If anything CG did "highschool protagonist" completely right. From the sound of things you have no idea what bad writing actually is.

Why don't you just stop watching Anime fullstop if it bothers you that much. Also you haven't said how it counts as bad writing.

This episode shows what happens when you let Sup Forums roam free.

>Sup Forums is brainwashing like geass
really made me think

That's what makes him less boring than Light though, so it's a good thing. Death note 2.0 would have ruined the whole thing.

>even when they are pretty fucked up people
I have to disagree with that last part. I think he takes great pleasure in removing assholes from the picture.

I thought what people found more baffling was Lelouch's poor choice of words, which yes, were coupled with that poor timing of his Geass powers.

What an absurdly inappropriate example, "kill all the japanese". I'm surprised they just ran with it without Lelouch ever questioning why the fuck he used that example to explain his geass. I guess it works because Lelouch subconsciously wanted something awful to happen to stop Euphemia, before he discovered she had the better plan to resolve the matter.

It wasn't that implausible because the special zone was meant to save the japs so Lelouch contrasted that with killing japs.

It's probably just the thing "going the most against Euphemia's nature", even something like "show your boobs" could have been somehow manageable without geass, so the idea is probably that he took the most over-the-top and against her nature thing ever to illustrate.

Why would he waste his life like that. Why couldn't he just stick to anime.

there's gotta be some doujins about AU Lelouch inducing some sexy times with his half-sister.

No she would have shown him her boobs if he asked her without his geass. The same thing goes for sucking his cock. She'd willingly do it.

>It's not like I can just order you to suck me off

Sup Forums is pleb, for them ejoyable garbage = good.

Enjoyable anything is good you figgot

Here's your proof.

短期で終わるはずが人気が出て伸びたんだよ、本来はゲームぐらいの話で終わり

>>'lol I Geass'd Guilford before xd'No prior foreshadowing

Actually, he had Orange call upon Guilford before and then we saw Guilford arrive by himself. All that happened before the meeting with Suzaku and shown to the viewer, except for the actual command.

If you can't even remember the show correctly, you shouldn't nitpick.

Not really. It was obvious that Lelouch and Suzaku were going to fight and Euphemia's plan was presented as a victory for Britannia. It wasn't a real solution.