Unicorns Don't Exist

God(s) do(es) not exist. Unicorns don't exist. Square-circles don't exist. Saying "I don't know" for these things is a meaningless gesture.

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/feature/new-horizons-top-10-pluto-pics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't know though. You simoly believe what others have told you.

You don't actually know that Pluto exists. You've never seen it yourself. But you believe it exists.

Almost everything you know is hearsay.

I do know Pluto exists because I can get atelescope and check it out for myself. I can't get anything or do anything to see if god, unicorns, and/or square-circles exist.

But you haven't gotten a telescope to do that. So you don't know.

The same way you haven't tried finding unicorns.

The same way you've never really pondered a square circle.

The same way you haven't tried to develop a relationship with god.

You simply choose to believe what you want to believe. It comforts you to know that you are right, and you seek out evidence to support your own preconceived notions.

Very few people break out of this cycle.

You should only truly believe what you yourself know firsthand. Stop taking peoples word for everything.

>You simply choose to believe what you want to believe. It comforts you to know that you are right, and you seek out evidence to support your own preconceived notions.
I don't need to get a telescope to see Pluto. That's why we pay NASA.

Pluto Pics:
nasa.gov/feature/new-horizons-top-10-pluto-pics

you just proved his point champ

>You should only truly believe what you yourself know firsthand. Stop taking peoples word for everything.

If you believe in God then this statement is great irony like the other I had highlighted in my previous post. Stop taking people's word that there is a God. Oh, and personal anecdotes of communing with God or saying others have too is a cop-out. You know it is since you said I'm supposed "only truly believe what you yourself know firsthand."

I wanna ____ the unicorn

god does exist rather you like it or not. He's real.

*God

well, firsthand knowledge is the only thing we have that is 100% verifiable and knowable to us. Everything else requires belief and trust in another.

No, I proved that I save money and am smarter than he is. Heresay is without proof while truth and knowing allow for one to prove it.

solipsism is still solipsism, hombre.

>Everything else requires belief and trust in another.
Heresay is without proof while truth and knowing allow for one to prove it.

data can (doesn't mean it is) be forged. the question is why would the data need to be forged? If there is no reason, the data is likely to be correct.

>If there is no reason, the data is likely to be correct.
Implying what? Any data that has plausible reason to be forged is actually forged? It could be that one is simply smart and can think up any reason for any data to be forged. That doesn't mean the data is forged.

>Square-Circle, an contradiction purely derived by definition
>unicorns, creatures which are supposed to exist on the Earth but after covering the entire globe we haven't found them
>God, a being which is often defined as the First Cause, and which you can make convincing arguments for including the cosmological, ontological, and teleological arguments, among others
hmm

>God, a being which is often defined as the First Cause...
>Humans/reality need a first cause but God need no first cause because God.
hmm

correct, but what if the earth really was the only observable part of the universe? I'm not saying this is true, but you can see how an agency funded to explore space could fake data and manufacture images. It's very unlikely, but still possible.

But you do know, through direct observation, that earth exists.

>It's very unlikely, but still possible.
Yup. But there is no reason to believe it is happening. Without reasonable reason,a de facto state should be that it doesn't exist or isn't happening. Endless uncertainty without reason breeds complicitness through inaction because one "isn't sure" about that thing. I can think up a number of reasons why I shouldn't give to the poor. I'm not sure they will spend my money that I gave on food but I have reason enough to think they will. (It doesn't have to be food.)

its ok dude they'll never get it because their beliefs make them feel good

I need a drink. I wish I never went off the bottle.

If one needs to operate, they will still operate under the assumption that what they have been presented is correct, even if it later turns out to be false.

And evolution should have instilled in you a sense of intense skepticism and unease. It may be momentarily uncomfortable, but it kept our ancestors alive.

For the first part, I agree. It also happens more than I would like. Regardless, I see it as a small but painful price to pay.

For the second part, I also agree.

So now what can we disagree about?

evolution doesn't exist because of gods. if evolution were real what the fuck would gods evolve into? they're at the top of evolution damnit.

human exist, they're fucking everywhere, and they don't evolve. gods which don't evolve probably exist as well.

this is beyond retarded and utterly irrational.

the christian god, if I'm not mistaken, has always existed in his state of omniwhateverism. evolution does not apply to him, he is perfectly suited to his environment and doesn't reproduce in an observable fashion.

op's sexual life does not exist, Saying "I don't know" for these things is a meaningless gesture.

Idk man/dudet. You tell me?

You'd be correct.