why did this happen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFGruJ0mAiU
shinsekai.cadet-nine.org
shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/wp-content/uploads/SSY-complete.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It can't be helped

>maybe it's just a phase

To show you they were brainwashed into homosexual relationships during the period of time their hormones were at their peak so they wouldn't risk getting their partners pregnant, that way they avoid unwanted children and potentially those baby monsters which I forgot what they were called.

Makes sense. Mamoru never engaded in gay activities, though.

His love was too strong for the gay sickness

It was part of the world building. Encouraging and subverting people to engage in homosexual relationships is better for their society, as it avoids pregnancy at a young age and helps in population control.

It's also important to notice that none of them were really gay, it's just that they were encouraged/brainwashed to relieve tension by partaking in sexual activities of any sort, as their leaders realized that by keeping their society sexually satisfied and occupied, it would be more easy to keep things under control and especially to keep the population docile.

Basically this, to an extent:
youtube.com/watch?v=iFGruJ0mAiU

To demonstrate social conditioning and eugenics.

Mamoru was 2 seconds away from being purged too.

Did everybody sleep through the episode where the library infodumped how they were programmed to fuck like bonobos every time they're stressed? They do in homosexual pairs to avoid the risk of getting pregnant.

Admittedly I fell asleep on it 4 times before finally skipping it and only went back after the gay in episode 8 happened.

Just to add to my post, if people were really subverted and encouraged to participate in homosexual activities, it would be pretty normal for teenagers do it more compared to adults, as most people are still sexually confused in their teens due to hormones being at their peak and because you spend most of your childhood and teens close to people with the same sex as you.

Top-tier ADHD

One thing I don't understand, who is planning all of that shit?

Is it still the "scientists" who preserve knowledge? Are the adult higher-ups supposed to be the scientists?

Like seriously, what's supposed to be the point of their little village system, just to exist forever in a small commune?

>They do in homosexual pairs to avoid the risk of getting pregnant.
It's not only because of that though. See

I remember Death Note also having an overly gay scene out of the blue. It felt so out of place, it made my dick cry a bit. Does anyone recall?

no Mark, it wasn't a teenage phase for all of us. It's just you who are gay.

Most of that shit wasn't interesting until it was relevant.

>who is planning all of that shit?
Brainwashing and subversion, basically. It was a extremely closed and small village, so the leaders and adults controlled all the information and knowledge that was given to the children, potentially brainwashing them anyway even if you ignore technology.

>just to exist forever in a small commune?
Do you even need to ask that? For survival, given their powers and the threat of karma demons, it was impossible for them to live in society without enforcing some kind of really tight system to keep the population controlled, both biologically and mentally.

Humans do everything in their power to ensure their own survival and the survival of their own species, this is pretty basic, user.

It was though, Shinsekai Yori was a really unusual anime, with a really unusual and unique setting since day one. Not to mention that the mystery/horror atmosphere was really nicely done since the beginning.

It's just that the anime makes things more obvious as it goes on, so some people tend to think that ''it only gets good later on'', when in fact, it was always good.

how do 2 girls have sex though? it sounds frustrating

>it made my dick cry a bit
That's just precum, sounds like you enjoyed it.

anyone else else interpreted SSY as a metaphor of nukes / gun control / ect

>Death Note also having an overly gay scene out of the blue
?

>out of the blue
It wasn't though

>Death Note
That scene in wasn't really gay, unless you are gay yourself.

Are you literally 12?

>sex

Its called foreplay when 2 girls do it

I interpreted the Cantus society as a society based on cultural marxism.
>Gun control
>Sexual liberation being extremely encouraged
>Gays are not only accepted, they are also part of the norm
>Information being controlled and subverted to make all the population think in unison.

Probably L washing Light's feet.

for once i averted my eyes and my gf said yes

I really hate that a anime as good as Shinsekai Yori was so marked for a 5 segs scene, for retarded reasons.

One of the things that I really like about this anime is how morally ambiguous it is. I know that people like to meme that Squealer did nothing wrong, but anyone who actually payed attention would see that the leaders in the Cantus society are never really portrayed as being evil or mean spirited, they are portrayed as people who are doing their best to just ensure the survival of their kind. Even the village itself if you pay attention, it doesn't give you the idea of being a cold place, that's bad to live in like in most dystopian works.

If you compare this to other dystopian stories, you will see that's pretty rare for them to actually be morally ambiguous. Most of the time, the system is portrayed as being completely evil and the city gives you the impression of being a really cold, oppressive and sad place, which is not only cliche, but also boring in my opinion. One work that comes to mind is Psycho-Pass, which aired in the same year as Shinsekai Yori and in my opinion, pales in comparison as a dystopian story and in terms of setting/world building.

>can make the sex last as long as you want, have as many orgasms as you want regardless of how many times you or your partner come because the refractory period takes a while to be reached
>it sounds frustrating

how can males even compete?

Pretty sure males can do the same thing as females, they just have an extra pleasure stick

This shit got me to quit watching anime 24/7 and see mostly everything is autistic,
everything is shit this is a masterpiece

Why do these threads always start with the image of this scene and OP being a retard about it. Is this a meme?

I like to think that OP uses this image as bait so that his thread doesn't die. He can't be retard to the point of not understand it, right?

They can't. Males were not made for sex, they were made for reproducing.

lick the carpet senpai

Can guys have several orgasms seconds apart from one another in a row?

A dystopian society can still look like the one in SSY and be "bad". The thing is, from which perspective you look at it. As you said, the leaders only wanted the best of their people and humanity to not have a tragic end like years ago with that karma demon child. But programming and holding info to such an extend because "we have to remain peace" it's still a basic concept of dystopia regardless of why it's happening. That's why no matter how many solutions they found to relieve stress, every generation produced many of these child demons and the higher ups had them killed because it would threaten the rest of the community. Being a parent and having your child killed because of the government still is too much no matter the reason.

At the end is "The end justifies the means" type of reasoning. But it was obvious it couldn't go for a long time.

In my case, I was really salty with the medium at the time that I watched Shinsekai Yori. Was almost quitting watching anime altogether because nothing was being enjoyable to me, everything was feeling really generic. And then, I found this anime. After finishing, I remember having my love and faith for the medium restored, as I thought that as much as there's so many shit shows out there, there's always that one masterpiece that gives you hope.

Same for any medium, really.

Not all females can do that either.

it's really not that good though, but the gay stuff has nothing to do with its quality.

shinsekai yori was a letdown. it has some of the best overall presentation in anime though. it's just a shame that the story never really got good.

I was referring more to how the story tried to portray the society. When I mentioned appearance, I didn't mean that the village looking like a peaceful makes it a peaceful place, it's just that making a place not so obviously oppressive and evil gives the viewer the idea that said place can be really deceiving to people, including to yourself.

I never said the actions of the leaders weren't ruthless or that they weren't ''wrong'', I just said the way the anime portrayed makes it difficult for you to really blame them, in the end they were just doing what they could to ensure the prosperity and survival of their society, like pretty much every civilization on earth before them. It's both believable and ambiguous

>At the end is "The end justifies the means" type of reasoning
Right, but there's numerous ways to do that in a show. What I meant above, is that normally dystopian stories make the system and the society look as one-dimensional evil and cold as possible, which goes from the way the city/society looks, to how the leaders behave and especially for what reason the system was put in place in the first place. Shinsekai Yori in my opinion, portrays all that in a ambiguous and non one-dimensional manner compared to dystopian works I'm used to see, including novels.

>questions a good scene
>questions the best anime series

cya nerd

Speak for yourself, it has one of the best writing I have ever seen in anime.

To me, the plot of kids growing up in a dystopian society, while they learn its secrets and decide whether they have, or better yet, if they should be part of said society or not is a good plot by itself. However, the plot really shines when it puts Squealer and the war against Cantus users in the equation, the final twist is just the cherry on top of a really memorable story as a whole.

It has to be that one shitposter who posted "more like shitsekai yaoi, amirite?" in every SSY thread in the past.

That was a really fucking interesting/foreboding part....

>s just a shame that the story never really got good.
Compared to what, really? As someone who watched about 500 anime, I can't think of more than 5 with a story that holds a candle to Shinsekai Yori.

Shinsekai Yori's the best anime tbqh desu~

Except it was.

Read the novel. It's translated in PDF form online

To me, it really is, even if you shitpost about it.

Really? That's really good news, I'm waiting for this ever since I first watched.

Oh, I get you now. I pretty much agree with you at this part. It was an interesting way to show how their society was build up and for what purpose, how it's people were living and all the secrets surrounding the village. It gave it a mysterious yet creepy atmosphere at the same time.

>Shinsekai Yori in my opinion, portrays all that in a ambiguous and non one-dimensional manner compared to dystopian works I'm used to see, including novels.
Definitely and I think that's what makes it even more scary at times compared to the full and in your face bad society. Of course this doesn't mean the classic portray of the bad society is cliche, because it depends on the writing, but in SSY it wasn't all black and white.

I'm being honest desu~

The first time I watched it, I typed a forged email to school from my mudda explaining I had fallen sick. Then I binged it all in one go.

I'd be in a completely different place if it weren't for based SSY.

Kind of. I think it's generally a metaphor about humanity and power actually. Related to human progress through change/perfection/evolution.

Here's the ending of the novel

Just curious here, but which are the 5 you mention? I have given up on anime the past few months besides Rakugo and I would like suggestions of something new that it doesn't appear every season in a different form.

Kek has spoken!

there are bits of brilliance throughout but the pacing throws the show off of its wheels time and time again. at times there's too much buildup for such little bang, and then way too little build up for big events.

they did a great job building this interesting world but then they go and kill off shun with like one episode's worth of buildup for his character specifically. i suppose that shun turning into a karma demon out of nowhere is supposed to be "the point" (it can happen to anyone for any reason), but for such a huge event and for what it would mean to saki i think it should have had way more buildup.

both the inter-colony wars felt like letdowns too. they were portrayed as these huge events but we don't really see much happen until the end.

>...
>Kek has spoken!

What's this shit?

>based user tells us SSY is best anime
>based Kek the great gives based user dubs

>shinsekai yori was a letdown.

I disagree, but I can understand that the latter half of the anime was a bit of a letdown since they had to rush the episodes and shorten the content to fit the episode count.

>it has some of the best overall presentation in anime though. it's just a shame that the story never really got good.
The story is one of the most unique in anime. Furthermore, it helped change the standards for science-fiction anime in the medium (in that it pushed it away from the constant space obsession).

Sup Forums faggots leaving their safe space

Yes prostate ones, albeit they don't always involve ejaculation which a lot of people assume is the actual orgasm.

What did I do wrong?

I use ... all the time. It's meant to signify trailing off and not finishing my sentence

>Furthermore, it helped change the standards for science-fiction anime in the medium (in that it pushed it away from the constant space obsession).
Yes thank you SSY for making masterpieces like Nagi no Asukara and Kiznaiver possible

Cantus should have been abandoned. If your only chance to keep a power like that is to implement attack inhibition, death feedback and turning humans into molerat abominations over generations, maybe you should reconsider that plan.

Ummm user

shinsekai.cadet-nine.org

Someone (not sure who) worked for 3 and a half years to translate it fully. He/she finished it in May right as I was watching SSY

user, it was an entire novel forced into 24-25 episodes.

And I disagree with you. Sometimes the major events could have used more buildup, but I actually like the fact they didn't make "omg this is an important moment" so obvious.

That made the twists so much harder to see coming

>Yes prostate ones
Well played user, didn't think about that.

Seriously? I just assumed that if I could do it despite how tepid my sex life is then everyone else could.

>pacing throws the show off of its wheels time and time again. at times there's too much buildup for such little bang, and then way too little build up for big events.
I disagree with this. I know that pacing is a somewhat common complaint about Shinsekai Yori, along with the characters not being very memorable, but I never thought so. The story was always very engaging to me, as the war between rats and Cantus users was never the reason why I liked the anime, I liked because of how unusual, believable and atmospheric the setting was. I liked because to me, the mysteries were handled extremely well, always building tension and making the viewer wanting to know more about what was happening and also making you fear for the life of the characters, which is also due to the very consistent atmosphere of the show, a rare thing in anime. Also, the consistency and coherence in how the story unfolds and how the character behaves is another pleasant surprise for me, as it's also extremely rare in anime.

>y go and kill off shun with like one episode's worth of buildup
That's not true though. Shun's death was foreshadowed much earlier than that.

I also think that despite you trying to find flaws in the anime, you can't really deny the quality of the story when compared to most shows. Yes, not everything was perfect, the infodump in episode 3 could have been done better, Maria and Mamoru deaths came out of nowhere/had no build up and Maria's letter to Saki was a somehow cheap way to make the viewer emotional. However, that doesn't take all from all the high points and good things about the writting and story, we can find holes and problems in pretty much every work, it's all about the high points outweighing the low ones.

>science-fiction
>these anime
>implying there wasn't shit before SSY

Not an argument user

Yeah and we should rid the world of nuclear weapons and guns and any kind of threat to peace. We should make people love each other and remove all instigators of conflict.

Oh wait...

The novel doesn't exactly have a bunch of "morals of the story". Saki herself is agnostic and quite pessimistic about the world.
But if there is one conclusion, it's that a system reliant on humans will inevitably develop cracks we never saw coming.

Nowadays nuclear warfare is seemingly impossible. Well, what happened in SSY was assumed to be impossible as well.

Maybe you can also toss in the whole dehumanizing people/who is actually human/are weaker people seen as fully human part.

If I remember correctly, the setting of Shinsekai Yori is similar to a novel called Brave New World.

>Brave New World
>From the New World

Wow. Really?

Some of you anons asked about the translated novel

Here it is in PDF form. Someone spent 42 months translating it (and did a good job).

shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/wp-content/uploads/SSY-complete.pdf

That means jackshit, user. New world and brave new world could be about ompletely different kinds of ''new worlds''.

God Bless this user.

Is Nagi Asakura good? I heard that's similar to SSY and was thinking about watching it.

Although I've never actually read the entirety of BNE, it's not similar to SSY in any meaningful way.

Setting is different. Plot is different. Ending is really different.

The english translation of Shinsekai Yori (From the New World) is somewhat of a mistranslation.

Not gay if they're both pretty.

I thought that New World was more of a reference to the Dvorak song, or that was a anime thing and wasn't thought in the novel?

I am not even talking about unforeseen consequences and weaknesses, like molerats raising a human child with cantus powers that will circumvent attack inhibition etc.
It's more about the whole "this plan of ours to keep cantus will only work if we turn these humans into molerat people." I guess from their point of view there might have been little hesitation, since those unfortunate souls that were turned into molerats were slaves to them in the first place. But it sounds like someone should have asked themselves "is that worth it?"

No clue. Doubt it though since novel was written 2005-2006 and released in 2007.
The title probably means what it means "a New World".

I'm sure someone did

Repeatedly you see Saki do that. She decides to, for a number of reasons, put an end to Squealer's suffering. Surely there were Cantus users like her in the past.
She also protects some of the molerats from extermination, like Kisamaru.

But I think her conclusion is still that she supports the system. Almost a rebel that nonetheless supports the system because she knows how bad it could get.

You do get the impression at the end of the novel that Saki is planning to change the societal system completely though, and that many people will die.

Also
>prequel of SSY is in print

Akana Tsunemore is a better version of Saki

Akane*

>prequel of SSY is in print
For real? Any link to the news?

I see, you are female too. I have a refractory period of about a minute. I've heard of women who can have a single continuous orgasm for an hour, but not everyone can do that either. There is a lot of variation in female sexual response.

>women who can have a single continuous orgasm for an hour
Oh wow, man. Oh man.
Guess there's always someone better. But still I'll try and I will work hard to reach that level one day.
>there is a lot of variation in female sexual response
Indeed, it's fun to read about other people's experiences.

so is homosexuality genetic or acquired behavior? I mean how do they make 'everyone' gay for a few years but then turn straight?

>believing the "people are born gay" propaganda

> I mean how do they make 'everyone' gay for a few years but then turn straight?
It's not that simple, see teenagers are still confused and unsure about their sexuality and their hormones are at their peak. Considering that, it'd be pretty normal for teens to have their first time experiences with someone of the same sex since they spend more time together, have more intimacy in regards to talking about sex and whatnot and the estate and society pretty much encourages that.

In short, they didn't really ''turn gay'' per say, It's just that teens are very susceptible to influence since their personality and tastes aren't very well defined.

Can't it be both? There's a gene for whether coriander tastes edible or like shit and soap. Yet you can hate the stuff even though you don't have the gene to hate it.
People think too much about these innate or acquired things even though the reason really doesn't matter. All we need to know is that people who don't like coriander exist and we shouldn't bully them even though they're pussies who hate coriander and consequently have shit taste.

This series was such a hot mess. Pacing and animation all over the place. It could've been pretty good.

I have to love these meme analysis/critiques. Such as, ''bad pacing'', ''messy plot'', ''QUALITY'' and ''bad characters''.

>I've heard of women who can have a single continuous orgasm for an hour
The fuck? I know this is not the thread for this but I am really curious now how the female body can hold such an extensive orgasm.