Economics is very easy

Economics is very easy.

When someone gets fired from a job, loses their paycheck, what's the smart thing to do? Get out there! Find some new way to make money! And probably that involves some smart spending to try to build up your salable features so you can find a new meal ticket. Buy into some re-education courses, invest in new work tools, of course keep your commuter pass so you can, you know, attend interviews. But you don't do nothing, because then you eat your savings until there's nothing left.

Not so says Republicans! We are now poor, must accept it and so must stop doing anything, especially seeing doctors when we're sick, and wait for this to all blow over, which we definitely expect will happen November 9th ... ish.

When someone gets a huge promotion, what's the smart thing to do? Save! You don't know for how long that money's gonna be coming in, and who knows when some kind of emergency, medical or otherwise, is going to hit you. If you have a bunch of debt on your hands, pay back that debt! It'll make grabbing a low-interest loan so much easier, if you happen to need to do that down the line. And whatever you've been doing for like the last 4-8 years, maybe you've been doing a good job, and should keep doing that.

Not so says Republicans! Things were bad, but now they're good, forever! And it's probably because of something smart we did! And do you know what smart people do in this situation? Make less money! Because less is more, somehow. Let's buy our rich friends something nice, if just to prove how awesome we are and probably they'll do the same to us, because that's how gifts work.

Paying debts is for rubes, and you know what else is for rubes? Medical insurance! So if things go bad (and we can't fathom that happening; we've done this before and we have no recollection of what happened then but we assume it was amazing, because we are amazing) well then, we'll just stop paying for that, which'll save a ton of money.

Economics is very easy.

bump

bump

Since you seem to have a knack for this kind of thing, can you tell me what demographics (of the million+ income) get tax breaks and which get increases?

The rich get the largest tax breaks...

I didn't know I was talking to a retard

Right, and you know when he says the rich, he wants to say rich white people. Why do people still engage these retards?

>muh republicans
blow it out your ass shill

So you're saying you can't actually prove why doing nothing (except of course giving breaks to the rich hoping they'll help you) and killing medical insurance is a good thing. Got it

got anything other than insults?

Why do the demographics of the rich matter? It's demonstrably true that they're getting the largest tax breaks

bump

Lol, I dont care what congress does about medical. Fuck that bullshit. Stop trying to be some martyr for change and please stop voting democrat. You're just increasing their influence and voter base. They want power

Is there any compelling reason to do so?

If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it’s free!

I dont know what you mean

republicans have health insurance.. guess why

>The rich get the largest tax breaks...
in % or $

If minorities have it so bad in America, they should move to where they are a majority. But they all wanna come right to where whitey lives.

vote for candidates who don't want to tow the democratic or republican party line. Trust me, in 2018 they will be out there and we must identify and push them. there are plenty of hidden /ourguys/ getting ready to run.
t.consultant

Yeah I doubt it

4 pol loves to shill for putting hope for voting. If they're just gonna sit in the house and accept stupid laws, then fuck them. This past election was horrible. Put for whatever reason, a bunch of us thought le donald was gonna champion the cause. But now he's just moving the embassy to Jerusalem, shilling for Iranian disarmament, a bunch of shit that does not matter. The country has crippling debt, it's like skipping a rock on sand

Economics is indeed easy, yet you've still managed to get it wrong. What you've failed to take into account is that nations, unlike individuals, can always have as much credit as they want (as long as they stick to borrowing in the currency they print, and don't try to fix that currency's value to any other currency or commodity).

But even with unlimited credit, spending has consequences. If you spend too much, competition for workers and commodities will result in too much inflation. This can be counteracted by raising taxes or raising interest rates, both of which will result in the private sector spending less.

Conversely, if you spend too little, there's too little opportunity for the private sector to make money, so you end up with unemployment. This can be counteracted by cutting interest rates or by cutting taxes, or of course by increasing spending. The last option has the advantage of the government being able to direct its spending to the parts of the country where it would be most effective in reducing unemployment (which would also be were it's least inflationary).

The Republicans don't understand that. But neither do the Democrats. And nor do my country's politicians.

%

the rich pay the most taxes

tax is money the government takes from you

a tax break is not money they give to people, it's money THEY DON'T TAKE

not taking money, isn't giving money
that's not how it works

you aren't entitled to other people's money

you just aren't. get your head around that idea and you will become better at life.