Why are slaves so prevalent in Japanese isekai settings...

Why are slaves so prevalent in Japanese isekai settings? And why are so many slaves hungry for their owner's dick in them? Is this some mysterious East Asian fetish that westerners like me just can't understand?

Because we are the strange ones that tried to get rid of obvious slavery.

>some mysterious East Asian fetish that westerners like me just can't understand?
I don't know about "like you," but I'm a Westerner and slave fetishism makes complete sense to me.

Because fantasy worlds generally have a low degree of civilization and slavery can be found in nearly all societies with a low degree of civilization? You might as well ask why isekai settings have peasants and kings.

making your girlfriend do things even a slave wouldn't, feels so much better

Because my dick can only get so hard

You get a girl that's entirely dependent on you. It's like having a wife except she can't cheat on you because she's considered sub-human and thus has no other opportunities. Plus the whole kindness and smile protection that people love.

Pretty hot

And successful.

>It's like having a wife except she can't cheat on you
Only important part. It panders to otaku.

With good reason

This
It's all marketing, self-inserting, etc

>Why are slaves so prevalent in Japanese isekai settings?

Because almost all of them are in a medieval fantasy setting? While slaves aren't predominant in medieval Europe, it was in the rest of the world.

>And why are so many slaves hungry for their owner's dick in them?
Stockholm Sydrome.
It happened often in households where the owner wasn't an asshole to the slaves.

Of course, there's many demographics. There's probably some women out there that are into these kinds of stories, it's sort of like how people adopt orphans and give them opportunities they didn't have before. It's always been a classic trope.

>why is a practice that nearly every civilization has engaged in so common in a different civilization?

It's almost like highly intelligent civilizations (i.e. not Japan) realized slavery isn't ethical.

Indentured servitude and crippling debt with no end performed solely to exploit the poor for the profit of banks everywhere is a-okay though.

Fuck off

I'm more offended that there hasn't been a major isekai yet where the MC frees the slaves en masse.

Best thing is the stuff with those Mexicans California has going on.

Paying for shit they can never use and are unable to complain lest they get sent back.

H-1B visa are in a similar situation.

I read that as "slavs" at first and was really confused.

Actually, a slav transported into some ridiculous fantasy world would make for a pretty good show.

At the risk of sounding like a tumblrite with a degree in Women's Studies, slave ownership is the ultimate power fantasy.

Because it's the only plausible excuse for female companionship the people self inserting into this shit can imagine for themselves.

I thought sexy male protagonists were the ultimate power fantasy.

No but seriously the power play is pretty transparent here even when they pretend the slaves just love the hero because he's sooooo nice.

Naofumi did it at first exactly because of the power play involved.

>watch media about medieval fantasy
>media indeed has medieval or fantasy elements
>why?

Because it's easy. You can sidestep the entire courting and dating stage by being able to buy a pretty girl slave. And most of the time you can buy at the age you want.

It's really just an easy way to get waifus in the story for little to no effort.