>isekai where the hero is worshipped and treated like a saint with no effort
or
>isekai where the hero is hated and persecuted for no reason

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/historys-strongest-senior-brother/
krytykal.org/teasers/last-bosses/prologue/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Treated as a saint is worse.
Being the praised for being a clean, well cooking and moral Japanese is so fucking tiring to read.

After some time I'm into it, it will be both.

worse, being praised as being a "nice guy"

The first because it's easier for nerds to self-insert.

Shield hero started off promising but got stupid real quick.

>isekai

It's both awful.

I think it's worse to be Isekai but claim the show is only doing it ironically for the laughs.

You really don't want to know how it ended then.

How does it end?

>isekai where the hero is worshipped and treated like a saint with no effort
Harry Potter really is isekai

Not him and I haven't kept up since the first few chapters but it basically ends with him becoming a God over the multimeter, gaining a shield that absolutely defends against everything, even EGD-tier shit. Raphtalia gets infinite attack power. They kill the final boss by reflecting her instagib back at her and then Naofumi goes back to Japan after knocking up more monster girls than you can count. Turns out the real world changed due to influence of his loli friend in the magical realm, so now he's rich and also has Raphtalia in real life too. Something like that.

isekai

Fish out of water stories aren't necessarily Isekai. Harry Potter, for instance, isn't Isekai.

Isekai is a very specific type of fish-out-of-water story.

Why can't we just have a fun loving adventure with emotionally moral lesson isekai where they can go home whatever they want?

Holy fuck that's bad

>How?

Everyone dies, except those that lived.

Those that lived, want to die.

..then they re-wrote the end where everyone lives and no one dies. Kinda a letdown, actually.

First one can at least be interesting if the "hero" is really a jerk or somehow damaged (like Thomas Covenant).

Second one's obnoxious unless it's being played for comedy.

And that's the REVISED ending.

Fine with this as long as nice guy doesn't equal Ichika tropes

But the original LN journey where Shield Hero goes from level 0 to 1000 is great... after that is hit and miss. I am currently re-enjoying the story through the (slowly released) manga.

That ending was a rewrite, the original ending was everybody fucking dies and Naofumi gets kicked back to Japan, the end.

Wish there were more updates for spear hero. Timey loopy adventures of insane lvl 999 motoyasu are a blast.

>Turns out the real world changed due to influence of his loli friend in the magical realm.
The loli Self-inserted as his rich 20-yr old childhood friend (and legal loli btw) and crashed his wedding with raphtalia to have him marry her instead.

This the isekai thread?

>MC of Tsuki ga's parents were practically characters from an NTR doujin

Literally what.

No it's the "Which is more cancerous? "isekai where the hero is worshipped and treated like a saint with no effort" or "isekai where the hero is hated and persecuted for no reason"?" thread.

I like

>isekai with op mc and magic world with level/skill system

Persecution for no reason is almost always worse.

Isekai that gets popular and people enjoy.

the first is boring to read, but the second is actively irritating.

if you mean go home whenever they want then there are actually a lot of these.
isekai c mart
netooku
jikuu mahou
takarakuji
some others I can't think of that mostly are about selling supermarket salt and whatever for super high prices because 17th century or whatever

While it may indicate shit writing ahead it's not actually bad by itself, it's fun and can be great with entertaining villains. Shield victim should have done a little more with it's side cast.

This is getting fixed in the LN, but the heroes are still being idiots.

Isekai.

How could you forget about Inuyasha?

clearly the wish fulfillment one. Subaru had a hard life.

He would have had a normal life if he had not been isekai'd.

>isekai where everybody is wary of the MC because he's 70 levels higher than anybody except the Demon Generals, and is envied because he enslaved two cute waifus

Isekai was a mistake.

>Isekai was a mistake

The second, because isekai circumstances can easily justify the first.

But the few good isekai are neither of those.

Both are shit when they're at the extreme ends. If I had to pick one though, worship is worse.

HAIL SHEILD-JEW

HE SAVED US ALL WITH HIS ECONOMIC WAYS!

>isekai where the hero is worshiped and treated as a saint
>then he dies
>then he is hated and persecuted for no reason
>then he dies again
>now he's a shota

When you add all the cancer together it actually becomes amazing.

>MCs parents were practically from a NTR doujin
elaborate?

An isekai of a massive scale, i.e. a naval frigate ending up in some feudal era, or some Roman Legionnaire suddenly popping up in the middle of the Rwandan Genocide.

>father nobleman
>mother priestess
>got married
>demon comes out of nowhere and NTRs the father
>The woman had not associated herself with any men other than the man that she was betrothed to. The fact that her new partner belonged to a race denied by her religion only served to fuel her passion; she adored him deeply. And thus, everything began to fall apart.
>When both families discovered this, her engagement with the man was broken off and she was banished from Elysion. Right before her eyes, the demon man revealed numerous things about the woman that the man she had been engaged to could not bear to hear, and then died.
Sounds just like the fucked in front of the ex-lover while talking about how much she loved the D scenario.

And in the end, they got back together and eventually had MC a couple years later.

what the fuck?
Does that have any bearing on the story at all or is it just some weird shit the author shoved in?

Read the latest extra pov chapter. Mommy was married into a demon that did something bad, then the dad remarried her after the demon died.

As far as I know, it has no bearing on the story and is just some weird shit shoved in. It's from a side chapter fleshing out the backstory of the parents.

You've heard of shield jew.

Now get ready for... Punished shield.

I like the first ending, it's bitter sweet like muv luv alternative.

At least isekai is more varied and original than any zombie shit that has come out or will come out.

Tell how did alternative end, cause i think the first ending of shieldbro had nothing sweet about it.
>everyone fucking dies
>your friends, your waifu and the world itself are gone
>shield makes a last ditch effort to teleport you back to your world before it too kicks the bucket
>pretend that nothing happened while having to live with the soul crushing fact that you've failed to protect anything, and all you've done meant nothing.

Generic isekai self-insert horseshit is an active detriment to whatever story is trying to be told.

The second scenario can at least play interestingly off of having the guy overcoming challenges with a greater degree of cunning due to limited resources, living off the grid, etc.

The problem with Shield Knight is that it's shit regardless. It tries too hard with the ridiculous persecution complex it built up, the setting is generic MMO garbage and they fucked up the general anxiety atmosphere by surrounding the MC with cliche pandering '''cute''' anime girls, bringing him full circle all the way back to self-insert worship isekai protagonist. And holy fuck don't get me started on the dark flame shield or whatever it's called

>more original
Not really. The whole 'regular joe transported to another world' plot goes way back. Like, over a century.

>And holy fuck don't get me started on the dark flame shield or whatever it's called
Can you?

The reason they hate the Shield Hero is because it's a title associated with furries. Apparently, nearly everybody in the kingdom hates furshit.

Naofumi just wings it and eventually becomes the mayor of Furryville and spends more than a hundred chapters playing Harvest Moon.

>Punished shield

wait what?

Yeah that's... The whole story in a nutshell.

long story short it's fucking stupid

>raaaagh powerful demonic weapon release the darkness in me crawwwwling
Retarded overdone jap trope/Muramasa analogy made as a 'shit out fake dramatic tension because I cant write an organically tense scene to save my life'. Massive [THING] bearing down on our heroes? Whoops I wrote myself into a corner, now the situation is 'oh boy are any of the harem cast at risk this time? spoiler warning no but boy that was a close one huh'

Blood sacrifice really tears naofumi a new one, all over his body.

To be honest, the Furryville Harvest Moon chapters was the peak of the series for me. Since Naofumi was slowly reforming himself as well as the other heroes into better people.

The decline starts with Tact's arc where the series circles back into edge but this time with absolutely disgusting powercreep.

>153237330
To be fair the cursed weapons were alluded to since the duel thing. But yes, i can see why it could feel like a cop out. >"Shit's getting bad, better get angrier and unlock a more powerful weapon!".
I get you, specially since we get the final arc after that.

You.

Or when Atla died.

depends on how it plays out.

Though I like the OP hero everyone hates more.

Imagine
>Zombie Isekai

Isekai is the cancer, but what is the chemo?

Was that a haiku?

Is pic related the savior of isekai novels?

>no hitpoints
>no magic points
>no EXP and levels
>no skills
>no slave heroines
>no "self-aware" otaku references
>no hero worship
>no hero persecution
>classical fantasy tabletopesque worldbuilding
>a poignant message that compares the stagnation of hikkiNEETs to the stagnation of the undead
>a comfy coming-of-age story about a boy being raised by a skeleton, a zombie, and a ghost

There is nothing wrong with isekai: it's hero centric fantasy that makes itself more relatable by making the hero be "just like you but in super kewl circumstances". As Konosuba, re zero and grimgar shows people like this stuff and it has something new for it left to show and explore. Sure, most of the stories tend to me generic trash, but that is how most of the genre fiction is and like with any genre fiction you look for exceptional outliers.

>transported to another world
>Reincarnated to another world
It depends on how it develops from that part though. It can go in many different directions whereas the dying battle harem genre for example couldn't do that.

You can have otome stuff like Kenkyo Kenjitsu(Reika-sama sugoi) or have an MC become a general like Youjo senki/Shiro no koukoku monogatari, Monster MCs like in Kumo/Goblin Kingdom/slime, kingdom/city/management stuff like that warewolf reincarnation/Seiun wo Kakeru. Or just the standard adventure like Vermillion, Saihate, MT, New saga.

I believe it's because of the variety that the narou titles are this popular right now. People were saying it was only temporary and wouldn't take off but look now. You have even Death march and knights and magic getting adapted into an anime and probably more will be announced on the way.

Naofumi going against the other heroes' own cursed weapons were also good arcs

>Itsuki getting rekt by the girl she dumped
>Chocobo racing with Motoyasu the birdfucker
>Ren and Eclair

If this pile of dung heap gets an Anime adaption before a better Isekai like MT, then the world is hopeless.

Anime when ?

Goodbye thread. It was fun.

I don't think its autismo time YET user, should be safe for a while untill they wake up.

Faraway Paladin is one of the handful of exceptions that proves the rule.

Those aren't even the worst offenders:

>Isekai where the MC is Japanese and everyone somehow uses Japanese honorifics.

>Isekai where the MC is the only person transported to another world.

>Isekai where the MC brings in his disgusting Jap cousine and soy-sauce and everyone somehow loves it.

>Isekai where everything has game systems and the setting is a straight up ripoff of DQ.

>Isekai Harems where the MC doesn't try to get laid.

>Isekai where the MC is a pretentious edgelord being ''honourable and righteous'' when it suits him but is mostly a prick that would get assassinated sooner or later normally.

Crop rotation, don't forget the crop rotation and modern day wanking that somehow solves the everything.

I wanna see a Japanese version of this:

novelupdates.com/series/historys-strongest-senior-brother/

The isekai MC of this one gets reincarnated to a world where he's the 'pretty boy that stole the MC's girl' that is a miniboss/stepping stone for the MC. He refuses to submit to the clearly plot-armored MC.

There's also:

>bring modern weaponry into the alternate world, blacksmiths are smitten with them, long useless explanations on how awesome the gun is and everyone is amazed by it

>MC draws on their previous life experience in the shittiest of ways, trained killer - develop gun magic, programmer - develop magic circuit weaponry and recode magic spells

That's a CHINESE parody of the reincarnation-Xianxia genre.

Mind your self.
Xianxia, Xuanhuan and Wuxia are old Chinese genres and by old i mean the Empire still existed when those started circulating.

The Chinese at least try to be original in their own ways and i don't remember many stories with game systems and Dragon Quest clones.

Try reading the works of authors like Er Gen.

Okay the programming part can actually be used for magic settings so it is okay as long as they dont make out the MC having a supercomputer level brain.

Yes, that's why I said 'Japanese.'

I am well aware that it's a parody of Xianxia. The MC having a bullshit ring powerup and is friends with a super powerful old guy and all that. There was even that other guy who was clearly a parody of those ruthless MC characters that are reincarnations of super powerful people from the same world.

Sorry i'm dumb and didn't read the comment properly...just my Jap-hating boner...

What do you think will replace the isekai fad?

The next trope would be the divorced young master...

The Xianxia fad...No seriously it's popular to the point of translators getting official contracts and licences to earn money just from adds.

So who died? The demon died?

Kuro no Maou is better and deserves it since it is an older web novel than MT.

Thank, now you reminded me of that one "realist hero" (read: shit a 14 year old thinks is deep and mature) isekai who saved a kingdom from starvation by pointing out that all the farmers were growing shitloads of cotton to cash in on a textiles boom, and nobody was growing edible crops in the midst of a food shortage

Like, wtf market forces don't do that

krytykal.org/teasers/last-bosses/prologue/

Is this considered isekai?

Whichever one it executed worse. If both are executed the same, then whichever is more popular.

Is Digimon Adventure a bad isekai?

I'm pretty sure it's the only example of good isekai.

>"realist hero" (read: shit a 14 year old thinks is deep and mature) isekai
They tried to clean it up in the LN version by the way.

What is your favourite/most hated isekai?
Muv-luv Unli-Alt will always be my top 1 isekai. I hate Re:monster, Death March, and Mushoku Tensei with a passion.

In the 80's there was a fantasy book series now called the Wizardry series about a Californian hippy programmer being summoned to a magic world by a spell that was supposed to summon a great wizard. Turns out he has no potential for the world's magic.

After some experimentation he discovers that magic works by extremely precise rules and he begins creating a magical compiler and programming language to create magic he can use.

The series is pretty dated, it draws on 1970s/1980s programmer culture but is really interesting because it takes such an in depth approach.

Prototypicals:
- Digimon
- Escaflowne
- El Hazard
- Muv-Luv Unlimited/Muv-Luv Alternative

Archetypicals
- Mushoku Tensei
- Overlord
- Oda Nobuna
- Arifureta

Guns of the South is about a paramilitary white supremacist group that travels back in time to give AK-47s and other technology to General Lee. It takes place mostly from the Confederate point of view and is basically from a Confederate apologist perspective that tries to split of racism from the Southern narrative.

Don't forget
>ultimate weapon is a katana folded 1000 gorillion times