Divorced Lesbian Wants OUT of Child Custody, Hawaii Court Will Decide

chroniclet.com/national-news/2017/12/14/Hawaii-case-draws-attention-to-same-sex-child-support-issues.html

National gay rights advocates are watching how a child support fight between a divorced lesbian couple plays out in Hawaii, likely the first such case before a state Supreme Court, experts say.

A woman wants to sever her parental rights to a child her ex-wife gave birth to and is appealing a family court ruling denying that request to the Hawaii Supreme Court, which is set to hear arguments Thursday.

The couple, who are not identified in the confidential family court case, married in Washington, D.C., in 2013 and moved to Hawaii because of military orders for the woman seeking to end her parental rights.

Throughout the marriage, the couple talked about the possibility of having a child together, the court said. While the woman was deployed between January and September 2015, her wife got pregnant through a sperm donor. The woman filed for divorce in October 2015, and the child was born while it was pending.

The family court denied her petition because it found that Hawaii's Uniform Parentage Act and Marriage Equality Act presumes that a legal spouse of a woman who gives birth to a baby is the parent of that child, regardless of the spouse's gender.

Most same-sex parental rights cases involve a spouse who didn't give birth to a child and wants custody, Sakimura said.

“It doesn't happen that often in the same-sex parenting world, but there are few cases where they are trying to avoid child support,” she said.

“This is unusual in that biology is being used as a shield to evade parental obligation,” Lambda Legal attorney Peter Renn said. “Equal rights come with equal responsibility.”

chroniclet.com/national-news/2017/12/14/Hawaii-case-draws-attention-to-same-sex-child-support-issues.html

Other urls found in this thread:

cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2016/13/lesbian-couples-likelier-to-break-up-than-male-couples
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hahahahaha, ya gotta pay bitch!

Lesbians should be just as scared of marriage as straight men

Literally couldn't stand being in the same country as her wife for more than a month. Fucking kek.

bump

>While the woman was deployed between January and September 2015, her wife got pregnant through a sperm donor. The woman filed for divorce in October 2015, and the child was born while it was pending.
If the mother went behind the other woman's back, she shouldn't have to pay child support. In the same way a woman who cheated on her husband while he was deployed shouldn't get a penny from him when he returns and dumps her cheating ass.

>shouldn't
yeah there are a lot of things that shouldn't happen in the world, unfortunately they still do and your genitals shouldn't give you a pass or a condemnation
>equal application of the law

Consent is important. If two people consent to raise a child together, then that ought to be legally binding.

> what is marriage

>Mfw it's going to take lgbtbbq members getting fucked by divorce laws to get them changed.

The left truly is eating itself

The obvious solution is to have the government provide for all children 100% so LGBTQ2SQQ+ people can pursue their passions.

Just because you have a child doesn't mean you should be forced to pay for it.

"Confronted with the futility of her own sick mental illness and their bastardization of the institution of marriage for the sake of vanity, the bulldyke runs"

>While the woman was deployed between January and September 2015, her wife got pregnant through a sperm donor. The woman filed for divorce in October 2015,

Sounds like she cheated while her spouse was deployed. I wonder how many other military wives are going to start using the "sperm donor" excuse?

bump

its obvious what happened her, army chick wanted out, crazy stay at home wife decided to ball and chain her.

no balls to chain bitch. GOT OUT.

>WE WANT TO MARRY
>CHILD SUPPORT FOR A KID THAT AINT MINE? SHIIIIEIEEEEET NEVER FUCKIN MIND

>sperm donor

She wanted another go on the cock carousel

Something like this is happening with one of my children's classmates. A lesbian couple have this child and one of them is clearly not going to be sticking it out. She is the ultra Dyke, tattoos, Mr. Strong lady, undeniably gross. She decided she wants out, now just see the one mom. It's pretty sad, but I am happy for them that the Chad like dyke bailed, will better for them in the long run. She wants to be a man, but doesn't want to man up. I never post in any of the "Do you have Kids threads?" But, I will say, do it if you have the chance.

>Even with two moms niggers can't have two parents

Fuck that she wasn't even there when the woman got pregnant. If she had raised the kid and her name was on the birth certificate(which would stll be getting cucked but she obviously would have agreed to that) then this would be different. But as it stands that's just retarded

bump

I feel sorry for the kid in a weird way. But it's true, the more cases we see of this the better public perception will change that women don't want the fatherly role they prefer to role play until shit becomes reality then they bail. They want the cake and eat it to, as a fantasy.

And straight people never are like this?

Hopefully they dont fuck over the sperm donor.

The state will find anyone to pay for the kid so they wont have to.

>The family court denied her petition because it found that Hawaii's Uniform Parentage Act and Marriage Equality Act presumes that a legal spouse of a woman who gives birth to a baby is the parent of that child, regardless of the spouse's gender.

Get cucked. Be forced to pay for it.

Typical nigger gay mom walking out on her "babies".

aloha means hello AND goodbye

oddly satisfying watching a lesbian have to deal with what men do and realizing it's a fucking shit show

Told you. Gay marriage was worth it for gay divorce. Twice the mess twice the entertainment.

Also:

cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2016/13/lesbian-couples-likelier-to-break-up-than-male-couples

>This is unusual in that biology is being used as a shield to evade parental obligation
how is that unusual, men who were cucked also didn't want to pay child support

>gay marriage was worth it for gay divorce
WTF I love gays now

Gay means happy. Happy because we like entertainment.

> While the woman was deployed between January and September 2015, her wife got pregnant through a sperm donor. The woman filed for divorce in October 2015, and the child was born while it was pending.

>"sperm donor"

Lesbian wife cheated on her deployed lesbian military spouse.

Even lesbians are not safe from vicious cunts.

They'll let her out of it, and then when a straight man tries to use that as precedent, they'll say it doesn't apply, because reasons. We're way past the point where courts have to be consistent.

Lesbian women have the highest divorce rate in the Netherlands, the country that first allowed gy marriage. See

Gay men have the lowest.

>we're way past the point where courts have to be consistent
yep, we transitioned from a nation of laws to a nation of men sometime in the 2000s. Naughty Aughties.

wtf I love fags now

this is obvious to anyone redpilled on the Woman Question, as men are more interested in things like loyalty and teamwork while women are more interested in things like trading up and being gossipy backstabing cunts

Can't disagree user. I just want a husband and kids.

About time some women get dicked by the jewdicial system. You faggots wanted marriage equality, now you got it.

Could you be so kind to give a link ?

the donors name was jody

Scroll up.

They won't get dicked, that's the point. Laws don't get applied equally to men and women. Ask any man who's been through divorce or a custody case. They'll simply change the rules ad hoc for the sake of the women. They'll probably try to stick the sperm donor with child support if they can, so both women are happy.

It would be a little more interesting if this was a male pair. Then they'd be eager to punish the "deadbeat dad" who wanted out, but would have a hard time doing it because gay.

anyone else find it funny that its a black lesbian giving up on her fatherly duties?

I see. Don't lesbians also have the highest rate of domestic abuse ? How are lesbians viewed in the LGBT community (not officially, inofficially) ?

Faggots shouldn’t be married in the first place so it’s too late to worry about shoulds.

Underratted

If only that is how it worked

I'm not sure about the domestic abuse because the studies on that have had really small numbers. If they are mostly picking poor Black women or something that's gonna spike the numbers.

But it's ok for you to shove your religious beliefs on us?

But as she is a woman her stress is more important, shitlord.

>Sample size is always a problem, but I would think even social scientists are smart enough to work out a methodology to make sure that they not only sample people from one demographic.

I bet most lesbian marriages end in divorce. Imagine the fucking cattiness. The fucking passive aggressiveness. He'll on Earth. I hope these two neck themselves.

I mean we have some surveys that get up to hundred or thousands now but that older data on domestic violence people use to claim lesbians are morally delinquent generally has n

I mean this was kinda expected.

Besides, lets be honest - most people in divorce proceedings want to get rid of the kid and not have to pay for it until it turns 18.

Well yeah but it is still interesting.

fags on the next important civil rights issue
the right to abandon their children