JUST

JUST

i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/scarlett-johansson-discusses-the-whitewashing-in-ghost-in-the-shell

>JUST
Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Just fuck off

Fuck off

J
U
S
T

I'm done with this franchise

Fuck off.

Fuck off

wtf I hate gits now

Fuck live actions.

Fuck on

Fuck in

Noone fucking cares they raped the franchise. Hollywood can't into source material.

Fuck me

Fuck it

Ghost in the Drive-thru.

>whitewashing
>a robot

That fucking nose.

>caring about live action adaptations
>ever
Fuck off retard.

>Her mother, Melanie Sloan, a producer, comes from an Ashkenazi Jewish family from the Bronx; Sloan's ancestors were Jewish immigrants from Poland and Minsk in the Russian Empire
Wew

Fuck Yeah

>whitewashing
Why is this term okay but not asianwashing?

Take FMA or AoT live actions for examples. The initial idea for these characters were white yet in the movie they're all nips.

Where was everyone who says "whitewashing" then?

>vice
fuck off

Shes not wrong. White women are ugly and should be playing cute asian women.

Burger tier thread indeed.

>Scarlett Johansson
>white

(((((((((((nose)))))))))))

Yeah see if Amerikkka were as homogeneous as Japan you might have a point. Since it clearly is not, you don't have a point. AND you're a faggot

That hair style looks terrible on her.

I detect no lies in this post. Also the movie legitimately looks like shit.

You're going to have to elaborate.

Non-white people make up nearly 30% of the population of the United States. Non-Asians are like 0.1% of the population of Japan.

Then don't make a fucking movie based off a manga of white people in Japan then.

>Sup Forums hates GitS now
What the fuck went wrong? Fucking hipsters.

>Amerikkka
>a country that actually accepts immigrants from all over the world is the racist one
K

Why is no one mad that the SnK movies nipwashed everyone?

Sup Forums doesn't hate GITS they hate crossboarding /t/v/edditors like OP

beito

Blackwashing established white characters is fine, but we cant whitewash an Asian?

Oh i am sorry, user. What's your president's name again i forget. I know it's the one with the literal Neo Nazi in his cabinet.

Japan is 99.9% Japanese people who speak Japanese, so you're not going to find a huge pool of Euro actors for live action FMA . They work with what they have. This is not the case with Amerikkka

I'm looking forward to the movie. It won't be as good as the anime adaption, but I have some strong feeling that it will be a strong adaptation nonetheless.

Sage and report garbage threads.

>so you're not going to find a huge pool of Euro actors for live action FMA
see

Asians make up less than 4% of the US population, and Japs make up less than 10% of that asian population.

There's not even a single japanese actress in the world with the star power to carry the movie, let alone one that can speak english well.

I'm not happy about the movie happening and I hate ScarJo as the Major but stop being a cuck.

The japs don't even care about the whitewashing.

White washing has been going on a fuck of a lot longer ( damn near since hollywood became a thing and with historical people being Whitewashed even) and people like yourself use your mental gymnastics to defend it. Then have the nerve to complain when it happens in reverse. Funny

>anime
>asian women

Literally the same argument can used against this shitty GITS movie but seems some of you are kinda stupid and don't see this. You're a Millennial right? You kinds tend to be a bit on the nit too bright side

Report and sage.

>Defending an obviously shitty live action version of an anime
>Because it's got White people
DB:E and even Avatar all over again. You people never learn

>Literally the same argument can used against this shitty GITS
I never seen GITS so I can't really talk much about it but I know that she's a robot so she has no real ethnicity.

However, even if GITS is in the wrong my point is that I didn't see much backlash on FMA or AoT

>muh feminism
Literally what?

Morgan Freeman was pretty good as Red 2bh

>live action

Disgusting.

Maybe so but *blank*washing of any race is unacceptable in the film industry and thus makes him shit in that role

Also check out the beak on that whore

>I am against this on principle
>I will allow this when it happens to whites because I think doing more of the thing I am against on principle is fine because whites did it more
You either are fine with any race doing it for any reason or you're against any race doing it for any reason. Trying to say 'I'm fine with Xwashing in this circumstance because hurr durr' makes you an unprincipled retard. If you hate whites and want them destroyed or degraded then its fine to say that, because at least you'll be consistent to some principle.

>but I know that she's a robot so she has no real ethnicity.

Ah the new version of "but Goku is an alien".

Never mind that she actually has a line in the movie ( the oshii version) asking "Who the White guy is" or "Hakujin" in the sub, or that she participates in Hanami in the fucking manga or even the fucking shitty movie CASTS A JAPANESE WOMAN AS HER MOTHER.

Just saying...

>However, even if GITS is in the wrong my point is that I didn't see much backlash on FMA or AoT

See

That argument does not work , sorry

>There's not even a single japanese actress in the world with the star power to carry the movie, let alone one that can speak english well.

Rinko Kikuchi.

She doesn't have as heavy star power, but she's already known well from Pacific Rim.

But the main fact of the matter is that Scar Jo is literally using feminism to defend herself.

>CASTS A JAPANESE WOMAN AS HER MOTHER.
This matters not at all to what the major currently looks like. She could look like fucking Dutch from Black Lagoon and it would still be fine. She's a cyborg, she changes out bodies from time to time.

>If you hate whites and want them destroyed or degraded then its fine to say that, because at least you'll be consistent to some principle.

>Comments on White washing of literal historical people and non white characters in movies

>LOLZ YOU HAET WITEPEOPLEZ

Holy shit you are stupid. Just...holy shit.

>See
see
You're going in circles and not providing solid evidence as to how backlash on GITS is fair but not AoT or FMA

And naturally those bodies are White because REASONS!

Got to love the mental gymnastic here, every time. Then this movie will be as shitty as it look, bomb and all of you will slink back into the shadows until the next bomb. Like clockwork

Because murricans are retarded.

If you can't see how fucking retarded your argument is i don't know what to tell you.

>hey don't make a movie based on ancient Egypt..oh wait

Can we at the very least agree that the races of characters should be consistant no matter the race? White people shouldn't be cast to play Asian characters or whatever. Black people shouldn't be cast to play white characters or whatever.

The source material, whether it be a book or comic, does matter even for stuff like how the characters look

Yeah and Asian people shouldn't be cast to play White characters

Can we at the very least agree that this garbage should be banned before it drags more Sup Forums and Sup Forums redditors to Sup Forums?

Whitewashing is a real problem.

White people are even shoving themselves into Japanese settings these days. Pic related is a prime example of it. Disgusting

Fine by me. My biggest problem is with people doing mental gymnastics to justify it when it's easier to just admit that Hollywood cast her as Scarjo because she is White and bankable. Period.

But no you get dumbfucks who bring up FMA, being made in a country where people are 99.9% the same fucking race

Do people honestly care about whitewashing? If you do please kill yourself out of here. This is just another reason why live action films should be directed to Sup Forums.

>Holy shit you are stupid. Just...holy shit.
That's the usual excuse you throw around against white washing
'You hate brown people! You racis! XD'

I couldn't give less of a shit about anybody playing anybody really. It breaks immersion in a lot of cases to have a casual black viking or a casual black samurai, but if you want to explain the character I have no real problem with it. In the case of Ghost in the Shell, people are getting buttmad about a cyborg who's body is arbitrary not being the right ethnicity. And then you come in and defend the opposite because 'muh historical oppression, muh whites did it first, muh whites are ebul' You either care about it happening to everyone or not at all, or admit you're racist. Its that easy.

I would hope we would agree that this should be banned from theatres.

So where do you draw the line? As the other guy pointed out, ethnic Japanese are a tiny percent of the US population, and trust me, you want to piss asians off? Cast Chinese as Japanese or Koreans, or any combination thereof and then tell them its fine because they're all the same.

Thank God nips don't care.

>Doesn't want to play the role of a different race, thinks an asian actress should have had the opportunity

Ok, not so ba-

>MUH WAGE GAP
>Role is more about Feminism

Fuck this giant nosed whore in every non-sexual way possible

Hollywood screen writers will have mangled GiTS into something that isn't even GiTS anyway. Let it flop like similar shitty movies like Ultraviolet and Aeon Flux, and move on.

races are a myth, we all are human

>While it's great to see someone with such a high profile shedding light on gender inequality, it's a bit of a bummer that she failed to see how those issues are compounded by giving diverse roles to white actors.

I'm really at a lost here. I can't comprehend how SJW this is.

How do mixes work? Can they play either role? Neither role? Whichever one they can pass as best?

Not only is it probably a garbage click-bait article, you even linked to that shithole vice?

I can't tell if the people getting mad over this are chinks or white guilt retards but regardless, if a Japanese was supposed to play this role I bet you they don't give a single shit and aren't the ones complaining.

Also these threads should belong to Sup Forums. I believe live action is allowed on Sup Forums but there should be a line when it comes to Hollywood shite that brings idiots like OP into Sup Forums.

>tfw Major is now a feminist

Cyborg, not robot.

Campaigning for the rights of robotic women.

Next thing you know, your daki will have rights too.

Japanese expecting white man movies to have white people really has nothing to do with anything.

There is like 50,000 white people in Japan. There is 1.3 million Japanese or part Japanese people in America.

This. You can tell right from the trailer they missed the point.

>The Major wall running while shooting moons
>The fucking Major having an emo monologue in said trailer that amounts to "baww I don't fit in!"
>You are the first of ur kind
>We saved you
>I'll findmout my past
>They didn't save ur life they destroyed it.

I don't see what so SJW about pointing out that white women getting on their soapbox about their favourite social issue and ignoring the people it actually applies to (in this case, Asian-American actors complaining about losing a role meant for an Asian actor in America) is bullshit.

You have to go back

Except it does...? The whole issue is a white woman playing a Japanese womans role, if no Japanese care then its simply normalfags arguing amongst themselves over PC bullshit.

Stuff that you know, doesn't belong on Sup Forums!

Why do you think the opinion of an island country thousands of miles away matters to a North America social issue?

Do you consider the approval of Americans important to the content of anime?

2/10

Wtf I love equality now

Because its based off their film?

What do Americans have to do with anime?

I hope you're either very young or a shitposter, because it should be obvious why your opinion is completely retarded.

but major looks like caucasian, so?

Are you retarded?

The shitposter here would be you.

This issue is retarded because this "japanese" woman looks in orignal source like snow-white, not slant-eyed caucasian but ameritards gonna ameritards.

>Le jews are not whites ebin meme let me suck stormfront cocks
Idiotas