en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States
congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2692/text
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countering_Foreign_Propaganda_and_Disinformation_Act
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums is finally dead thank god

I know a new 4chin, but I won't tell Canucks about it

You maniacs

ok someone explain to me what this shit means

what is it? why are we happy and why is reddit mad???

It literally means how the Internet was 2 years ago. Too bad Netflix, Amazon, and Jewgle were all careless with bandwidth.

How was the Internet 2 years ago?

>cut off my nose
>to spite my face

TELL ME NOW

better than it was yesterday

ISPs censoring websites. Like Sup Forums.

I miss the internet 10 years ago

It means ISP, AKA the people who actually provide you with the internet, get to control the internet.

It means that the ISPs (Internet providers like AT&T and Verizon) can choose to slow down or accelerate certain websites. Slowing down websites will make people NOT go into those websites and therefore create a monopoly where the only fast websites are the ones who pay more money to the ISPs to stay fast.

Nobody likes this except Sup Forums (even thought it’s likely a website like this will be slowed down or outright banned by the ISPs) because this place is made for edgy conservative teenagers.

two years ago I didn't have 50+ accounts banned on facespook or twitter

S
Praise kek

Question: Before NN rules, there was internet. How will repealing kill the internet if it existed perfectly fine before NN?

works on my machine

S

That’s a great question.

The time of Amerimutts is over.
The time of the Leaf has come.

The Alt-right will be the first victims of net neutrality.

>The Alt-right will be the first victims of net neutrality.

They will never vote Republican again after this.

because i saw a shitty infographic on reddit that said something about that
checkmate

That's a stupid question.

Net Neutrality was enforced by the FCC from basically the beginning of the internet up until 2014, when a court pointed out that no one had actually specified that the internet fell under the FCC's jurisdiction. So in 2015 Obama formally introduced NN to maintain the status quo, where the FCC would prevent ISPs from picking and choosing which sites got more bandwidth.

I fucking love that I, a Brit, have to explain this to an American. You morons have just killed one of the most important sectors of your economy and you don't even understand what you've done.

BECAUSE DRUMPF IS LITERALLY HITLER

If they were intelligent, they would have never voted republican before.

Ah you see my friend you have been trolled by a free market capitalist. Yes the Internet existed before but the ISPs saw an opportunity to make more money, they were charging certaint companies more money to stay fast, Netflix is a good example. The Obama administration saw that this door was opened and there was a big dispute on whether to close it or outright open it. The FCC 2 years ago then was going to vote and through public pressure they closed that door. Now the FCC wants to open a window claiming that the Internet was working fine before and there was no need to close the door.

Yes it was working fine . . . Until the ISPs found a loophole to make more money and create monopolies 2 years ago.

It was the only good thing King Nigger did.

I'll laugh in a couple of months when you retards realize what just happened. You fucking killed Sup Forums.

s
The amount of reddit salt here over this today is hilarious.

SSS S S S S S

Get ready to be disappointed. Again.

they can do that now dipshit

>obama era
Oh look you retards, nothing will change

CENSORSHIP IS BEST :D AND THE JEWS :D

Because unelected panels of bureaucrats give us our freedom and never take advantage of powers given to them

Fucking hell. Welcome to cyberpunk dystopia, I guess.

>Sup Forums didn't exist before 2015
hi newfag/shill

>tfw the most affect will be normie social media sites like netcuck, twatter, and normiebook

I just love how you faggots showed up here going, "Um yeah, we really support Sup Forums even though we hate you all, and um, if you get NN repealed, you'll get shut down, so you need to side with us."
Fuck you kike.

>inb4 a pro NN doesn't respond to this and pretends it away, complaining like a retard

Because we effectively had NN before the 2015 ruling made it official.

there was Sup Forums before Obama

Yes!

I'll laugh when nothing changes.

You realize nothing is going to actually change right?
Everything reddit is fearmongering about was already happening, or was allowed to happen.

Back to R*ddit with you

but dont you understand its clearly bad cos Obama did it we cant like anything he did even if it is good for us

If the FCC repeals NN then yes they will be able to do it. As of right now no they can’t.

thank goodness we avoided global action center shenanigans

I don't recall the internet being split up by rate packages back in '14
You people need to quit acting like this is going to end the world or something.

Literally never happened

S

The Grand Exchange was added to Runescape in 2007.

S

>Sup Forums is finally dead thank god

you mean amerimutt users are dead now

The semester's over, so the new coolleg fags are out and about

>post yfw entire left america is releasing oceans of salt

post yfw amerikeks have to pay more to shitpost on Sup Forums

S

Good point.

S fuck Obama.

If they're using exorbitant amounts of bandwidth and not paying. Big companies will subsidize cable bills.

yes moron, ISPs will just slow down or outright ban websites, surely that won't lead to consumers dropping them like a rock
>b-but muh rural areas with a monopoly
it still wouldn't fucking happen

Paco, shouldn't you be studying?

>he thinks no one on Sup Forums is autistic enough to read all of that, let alone research it.
Buddy, you just made your first mistake.

Okay, let's see if we can unpack this shitshow:

>ask yourself why NN came out of nowhere
It didn't. It was a court case in 2014 that raised the issue of NN by abrogating the previous rulings that NN had been enforced under. To be clear, the Obama administration's introduction of NN in 2015 only maintained the status quo that had existed before that case. It didn't introduce anything new.

>who benefited from it
Internet companies like Google, Facebook, Netflix, etc. Obviously. You don't need a massive government conspiracy to explain why a lot of big corporations would be for NN, nor do they need to have nefarious political motives - the end of NN would be a huge threat to their bottom line. It would be like if Walmart had merged with an electricity provider and wanted to hike the electricity bill for Costco and Target stores through the roof.

>Bill Clinton's Telecommunications Act 1996
This did the exact opposite of NN, in that it reduced the amount of government regulation over telecoms companies. I almost can't believe that anyone would be so brazen as to use the negative effects of the last time the government stepped back from regulating telecoms giants (the author is at least correct that it led to the consolidation of the media in fewer hands) as a reason why the government should step back from regulating NN.

Maybe whoever wrote this thinks the average Sup Forums user is a complete moron, or something.

Internet has been shit since 2007.

he told you why it was bad without even mentioning obama, cretin

you really fell hook line and sinker for that propaganda blitz post 2015 didnt you buddy

Better idea.
>post yfw nothing happens

This is the only way I see it.

What upsides are there against net neutrality?

kek everyone's so fucking mad
ty based Ajit

S

>nothing is going to change

then what the fuck is the point of repealing it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States
>In the United States, net neutrality has been an issue of contention among network users and access providers since the 1990s.[1][2] Until 2015, there were no clear legal protections requiring net neutrality. In 2015 the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) classified broadband as a Title II communication service with providers being "common carriers", not "information providers".

OH NO THAT'S IT! ITS ALL OVER THE INTERNET IS DEAD!

>Countering Information Warfare Act 2016
This doesn't give the government any new statutory powers. It certainly doesn't give the government the power to call up the head of the FCC and demand that they revoke broadcasting licences. The Countering Information Warfare Act 2016 simply sets aside money for the creation of a joint State Department and Defence Department task force (which does not report directly to the White House, so that's another lie) to coordinate and assist efforts between different government agencies to identify foreign propaganda, and come up with means of countering it.

It's a completely ordinary bill that doesn't give the government any new powers to regulate the internet in any way. It was written and introduced as a bipartisan bill passed on December 2 in congress, was passed by the Senate on the 8th of December, and was THEN incorporated into the 2017 NDAA (as is usual for bills which set aside Defence department funding) which was signed by Obama on December 23.

>Identifying current and emerging trends in foreign propaganda and disinformation, including the use of print, broadcast, online and social media, support for third-party outlets such as think tanks, political parties, and nongovernmental organizations, and the use of covert or clandestine special operators and agents to influence targeted populations and governments in order to coordinate and shape the development of tactics, techniques, and procedures to expose and refute foreign misinformation and disinformation
Funny how whoever wrote the screencap didn't feel the need to include the next sentence of that subsection of the bill
>and proactively promote fact-based narratives and policies to audiences outside the United States.

Everyone to the other chan. Grab as many memes as you can carry on the way out so that they may be preserved for future generations.

No, on the contrary they will benefit the most because, since they dominate the market, they will be able to pay the ISPs to stay fast therefore killing any smaller competition that might try to overtake them.

>Soros is pro NN

>he thinks title II has anything to do with throttling
>he was successfully suckered by the left's propoganda

First his daughter gets Anglo'd now this

>underage ban

That section of the bill is talking about countering anti-American propaganda in foreign countries - the same shit the US has been doing for decades. The only difference is that the committee created by the bill will focus on the internet and social media.

Here's the text of the bill so you can read it for yourself. I'm assuming that whoever wrote the posts in the screencap assumed no one on Sup Forums would ever actually read a source.
congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2692/text
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countering_Foreign_Propaganda_and_Disinformation_Act

In other words, the Countering Information Warfare Act 2016 has fuck all to do with NN. It's a budgetary bill to set aside funding for an anti-propaganda task force - it doesn't introduce federal laws against 'internet propaganda'. It doesn't affect how the FCC enforces NN in any way.

The only thing the Net Neutrality rules allow the FCC to do is punish ISPs that throttle a particular website's bandwidth. That's it. It's the exact opposite of the government controlling the internet, because the only power the FCC has is to order an ISP to STOP throttling bandwidth. It doesn't have the statutory power to order an ISP to block content - if it tried, the ISP would simply sue and win easily. And because I know some idiots are going to say something along the lines of 'well, the government will find a way to use regulation to control the internet': if you think the government is just going to ignore the law, why are you bothered by NN in the first place? If the government is operating extra-judicially then it wouldn't matter what the laws on NN say.

The assertions in the screencap are a bunch of half-truths and outright lies. Maybe it was even crafted by someone working for the ISPs - a sort of shill inception, where a corporate shill used a fake conspiracy by government shills to shill his anti-regulation message.

Drumpfberg cucks have hit an all new low today. They are by far the most retarded beings on this planet. They only like this because trump does. NO OTHER REASON.

>The internet isn't being censored now with websites like TDS being denied domains by major corporations.

The only places against NN are Sup Forums and r_TheDonald whose arguments against it are based on not understanding what NN is, downplaying the importance of it, thinking you can easily make a new ISP, or sperging because they'd cut off their own nuts if a Liberal told them not to

Or the aussies

>oy vey can you seeee

fucked up soygoys, i pitty you
pic related: your future

READ
all these dumb yuropoors are excited about absolutely nothing