Plastic Memories thread

Oh boy here we go!
All aboard the feels train, it's time for final 2 episodes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W1igrC8_dsU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>feels
>Tylenol PM fags in one post

plastic memories? I'd rather watch plastic mammaries

Youtube recommended me a scene from this and now you have come here and made this post. I guess that's a sign to add it to my backlog. Thanks a lot faggot.

It's shit. Muh kiss scene is the only reason faggots like it.

Quit watching 10+ year old anime and you'd cover the list pretty quickly...

Your welcome faggot.

Did I magically get transported back in time 2 years?

That was back when amazing, memorable anime was abundant and not a rare find. Of course you wouldn't know this because you're a dirty newfag.

>Implying I'm a newfag because I don't watch old anime.
I lurked for years, and I've seen some old anime but I'm not gonna dig up a list of shows that where made in the MS-DOS era, they aren't worth watching compared to almost anything 2005 or better.

If you're not watching Vision of Escaflowne you're not living your life correctly.

Still best Dogakobo to date.

1. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
2. Yuru Yuri
3. Love Lab
4. Umaru-chan
5. Mikakunin
6. Donten ni Warau
7. Luck and Logic
irrelevant bullshit
Shit. Plastic Memories
AIDS. Touken Ranbu
Cancer. 11eyes

Man I remember marathoning this show right before the last episode.

Was great, OP and ED were amaze

Move on Yurifag, you have shit taste.

Fuck off.

I love me some het, but Tylenol PM is filled with unlikable faggots.

It appears my superior taste has led to some controversy.

pure K I N O

youtube.com/watch?v=W1igrC8_dsU

retard

>no Koihime Musou
Shit taste.

Stop baiting ya cunt burger...

Yuri Yuri s2 and 3 were alright but for the love of God plastic memories was a good 8.6/10 at least. I can't make a direct comparison because ones a middle school comedy and the other is a great romance story...

Plastic Memories has some great animation and tells the story in a great way, this bigger issue was the timing of the series and given she only had 3 months by time it was mentioned, and it lacked any alternate plot initiative(no side arcs) and thats what brought it down from a 9 for me.

>great romance story
I don't have enough fingers to count how many love stories were done better.

This has got to be the stupidest shit I've watched hands down

It really wasn't told well. The shift in tone was jarring throughout the whole series, the plot besides "cancer but with robots" was boring.

If you squish down Plastic Memories into a summary it is really great (although it is a story told before and better many times, but what can you expect from anime anyway), but as soon as you actually try watching the whole thing it falls apart (apart from the last episode, which works really well)

This could have been WAAAY better.

Genres come and go, sometimes you have to watch old stuff. 80's had plenty of cyberpunk, post apocalyptic, space operas, and yankee series.

This.

The only way this show made sense to me was to realize everything was a metaphor or allusion to something else or something. Once I got passed that I thought it was prity good, mostly.

you mean you're a newfag and think all old anime was good because only the good anime survived into modern memory

in 10, 20 years people won't even know shit like love live and yuri on ice existed, they'll say "oh, dude, you have to watch kobayashi maid dragon, best shit of the 2010s, anime was way better then"

>won't even know shit like love live and yuri on ice existed
BUT MUH HISTORY MAKER

That doesn't fix the tonal issues

Nobody is ever going to say "you should watch this underground moe anime by Kyoto Animation"

People will suggest shit like OPM or SnK, since the contrarians will have moved on by then

I'm not saying it was the best, I'm just saying is was great, it surely wasn't bad...

I do like the ending, they could let her go in such a way that your not so sad about it...

Yes I'll agree it could have done much better, in a few ways actually, but I wouldn't say it's bad by any means.
The story could have done alittle better with an alternate plotline maybe some more combat scenes(if aira had performance degeneration later in the storyline, for example). And the fumbling around with the love confession and being uncomfortable with each other just took of valuable time and showed forced drama on the writers part. But all that aside the last 2 episodes makes up for it leaps and bounds by not ending with a sad feeling left on the viewer...

Best/most memorable anime of the 90's (the only reason it's fairly lacking is because anime hadn't blown up in the west yet):
Dragon Ball Z
Ranma 1/2
Nadia: Secret of Blue Water
Oniisama e...
Sailor Moon
Yuu Yuu Hakusho
Slam Dunk
Gundam Wing
Slayers
Tenchi Muyo
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rurouni Kenshin
Detective Conan/Case Closed
Vision of Escaflowne
Hana Yori Dango
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Berserk
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Cardcaptor Sakura
Initial D
Serial Experiments Lain
His and Her Circumstances
Turn A Gundam
Great Teacher Onizuka
Now and Then, Here and There

Looks to me like your a dubfag,
that could also be a good reason people would prefer some older anime, because literally 90% or more of the good stuff from 2010+ never gets an English dub, or if it does it's horrendous.

The fact that english people like an anime isn't what makes the anime good.
It's the storyline and writing that does, given that though with language barrier and cultural differences I can see how being into or out of sync with some cultural aspects could change ones view of any given show...

I feel bad for dubfags or eops.

Anime is good because it is not limited in any way what it can portray.

Best/most memorable anime of the 00's (this is when anime started really blowing up in the states especially, with shit like Toonami and whatnot):

Boogiepop Phantom
Love Hina
InuYasha
Hajime no Ippo
Noir
Fruits Basket
Shaman King
s.CRY.ed
Samurai Girl Real Bout High School
Prince of Tennis
Mahoromatic (actually a show that Plastic Memories ripped off quite noticeably)
Onegai Teacher
RahXephon*
Chobits (another one PM ripped off significantly)
Azumanga Daioh
.hack//sign
The Twelve Kingdoms
Ai Yori Aoshi
Princess Tutu
Witch Hunter Robin
Saikano
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Haibane Renmei
Duel Masters
Wolf's Rain*
D.N. Angel
Last Exile*
Kino's Journey
Texhnolyze
Scrapped Princess
Kaleido Star
Full Metal Panic (the KyoAni one, not the shitty Gonzo one)
Onegai Twins
Fullmetal Alchemist (both 2003 and FMAB, in their own rights)
Chrno Crusade
Gunslinger Girl
Planetes
Gungrave
Rumbling Hearts
Cromartie High School
R.O.D the TV
Paranoia Agent
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Samurai Champloo
Monster
Tenjou Tenge
Midori no Hibi
Burst Angel
Samurai 7
Soukyuu no Fafner
School Rumble
Beck
Rozen Maiden
Mononoke
Genshiken
Mai-HiME
Oh! My Goddess
Negima
Peach Girl
Eureka Seven**

cont
Honey and Clover
Trinity Blood
Basilisk
Speed Grapher
Shuffle!
Mushishi
Shakugan no Shana
Blood+ (not C)
Hell Girl
Black Cat
Paradise Kiss
Aria the Animation
Noein
Ergo Proxy
Ouran High School Host Club
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
When They Cry (Higurashi)
Gintama
Black Lagoon
Nana
Air Gear
Zero no Tsukaima
Welcome to the NHK
Kemonozume
Innocent Venus
Death Note
Code Geass
Nodame Cantabile
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Darker than Black
Claymore
Kaze no Stigma
My Bride is a Mermaid
Seirei no Moribito
Bokurano
Baccano!
School Days (just to get a real feel for when "The Room" like anime started to become all the rage)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Clannad
ef: a Tale of Memories
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Spice and Wolf
True Tears
Macross F
Natsume Yuujinchou
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
Toradora!
A Certain Magical Index
Ga-Rei: Zero
Kannagi
One Outs
Casshern Sins
Shikabane Hime
K-On!
Requiem for the Phantom
Bakemonogatari
Aoi Hana
Kimi ni Todoke

1. Half of those don't even have dubs. And anyway, dubs have improved since the days of obscure hentai and early ADV Films
2. I say all of this to educate 2010- kiddies.

I know this anime is "objectively" shit. It gets too chaotic for its own good and doesn't carry its message well in its first half. But I can't help but love it because Isla is a fucking miracle of the universe and the last few episodes were just full of the most adorable ichaicha love moments that I absolutely love.

Do all PMfags lack reading comprehension? There was higher demand once anime became something beyond some obscure thing basement dwellers had only ever heard of. Whether you like it or not, western exposure via the TV influenced the industry dramatically.

Didn't realize someone already posted the same picture.

Best/most memorable anime of the 2010's (you'll notice a sharp decline here):

Durarara
Katanagatari
Baka to Test
So Ra No Wo To
Angel Beats
Working!!
Rainbow
Shiki
Bakuman
Panty and Stocking
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Steins;Gate
AnoHana
Nichijou
Usagi Drop
Mawaru Penguindrum
Fate/Zero
Hunter x Hunter
Chihayafuru
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Hyouka
Kids on the Slope
Kokoro Connect
Psycho Pass
Chuunibyou Demo Koi wa Shitai!
Shinsekai Yori
Love Live!
Shingeki no Kyojin (whether you like it or despise it it's an objective fact it's left a significant mark on the industry)
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Aku no Hana
Space Dandy
T@r-3rinrR
Haikyuu
Parasyte
Death Parade
Kekkai Sensen
One Punch Man

FUCK I forgot Ping Pong. Shameful display.

>not even listing New Game and Gj-bu in top 5
>umaru that high

Holly shit what a horrible list. Kill yourself

Yeah, shame on you.

How is Death Parade best or most memorable? Hibikek, Kabaneri, OPM or ReZero are much more memorable

I mentioned OPM. Kabaneri is a way worse SnK, and is also forgettable. Re:Zero is memorable, will probably milk that stuck in another world genre for years to come but I wouldn't put it in "best". I said Death Parade because it's a great example of fabulous direction despite being episodic (only slightly).

No ass class? Damn your forgetting the anime that dropped in and took top 10 on MAL in literally a month. Even has 2 spin offs and a movie, still a burning fandom.

Fucking nvm, but it did really well for itself, and was higher on some lists for some time.

It's okay user,
we share the same interest in our beloved giftia.