Bombergirl

Yeah, it's a Bomberman anime senpai

p.eagate.573.jp/game/bombergirl/bg/p/index.html

Wait seriously? Fucking amazing.

What happens when her bomb fuse tail burns completely?

Let's just say it has a three week burn time.

I think you mistook it for the arcade game

Least it's not this

It's fascinating. A lot of videogames franchises are having a renewed popularity thanks to waifufag pandering.

Which makes me think, what other franchises can be brought back with waifus? Contra would be cool to see. I mean, badass chicks with guns? You can't go wrong with that. Metal Slug already had two of those and they were pretty popular back then.

>Contra would be cool to see. I mean, badass chicks with guns?
They'll only be cool if they were Probotector-robowaifus.

Bomberman is one of the best games ever, This show will probably be pathetic fan service and just ruining the games image all over the joint.

I'll give it a chance though.

It will probably resucitate the franchise as it did with Fire Emblem.

Megaman

>Megagirl

Usually they digivolve before that happens.

>2017
>Still no anime of Fio and Eri going on cute treasure hunting adventures in ancient Egyptian tombs

I want a Metal Slug anime so bad

Oh fucking forgot pic

You guys should check the link in the OP before posting.

So it's something like Otomedius then?

It only took bombergirl to realize that cute girls and tiddies really will sell.

They aren't even being subtle anymore about their marketing strategy, how could I have been so blind all these years?

I wonder how well Super Bomberman R will sell. This is almost seems like a test to determine the fate of the franchise, and how it will look from now on.

>girl
Why

There's already battle network anime.

except it's not a 'test'

marketers and developers realized the power of nostalgia through all the successful "hey remember this?" shit that was made prior.

nostalgia is a viable business strategy now. first you make something for kids then if it becomes successful you 'reboot' it later on when most of them have become adults.

I almost wish it was an anime, I like the character designs but the game looks like ass.

Marketers and developers cashing in through nostalgia gets stale real fast.
Entertainment requires creativity, business only does what's been done before since it's predictable.

these designs are terrible for a game whew

I mean with this moe arcade game and the traditional console/handheld game, I wonder what Konami's planning. Given its track record of demoralizing employees and cutting funding to standard games, it's hard to say.

nostalgia for a marketing strategy is only really successful to millenials, who had grown up with early innovations like old as shit video games and cartoons around the turn of the century.

You say it gets stale but it's been working every single fucking time.

Once the millenials gets too old then the business meta will probably rear their heads at the next batch of kids and restart the nostalgia marketing cycle over again, and nary a person will call them out on their bullshit because by then they'll all be too old to care.

Nostalgia is probably the second greatest thing businesses has ever taken advantage of.

Last Bomberman game I played was Bomberman 64.

>this fucking franchise

I remember the good time I've had planting the bomb and locking myself in some corner

also banned in 'merica for promoting terrorism - Trump

Konami tried this before with Otomedius.

It didn't work then, and it's not going to work now.

When will Japanese companies realize that turning old material into cute girls isn't enough.

Kaiju Girls wasn't cute enough for the younger audiences and it wasn't kaiju enough for the older audience.

Instead of turning them into girls and aiming for the already saturated moe market why not aim for fujos like Osomatsu-san.

That can't be real, can it?

Kaiju Girls is a whole franchise on its own though.

Any good Bomberman Doujins?

Nobody remembers BTOOOM?

not even my dead grandma remembers BTOOOM

Video game companies like Konami want to sell console games, so the anime they order has to target people that will play these kinds of games.
Those normally tend to be males.
Girl gamers definitely exist, but how many of them are really fujoshi is another question, and if they all just buy the anime, but don't become interested in the game itself, then it was a failure for the video game company.

On the other hand, making a Bomberman-Otome where the handsome bomberdudes are competing for the favor of the girl protagonist like in Utapri while homoerotically blasting each another to bits would certainly be interesting.

Its a arcade game you doof

My favourite move is becoming a walking bomb.
when you get revived, you gain a momentary invulnerability, with that you run to an explosion and hold down the bomb button.

Aw yeaaaa

Waifufag pandering definitely saved Medabots am I right?

you guys understand we live in a world with Kancolle, right? Your arguments are completely invalidated by it.

I'd actually like to see metal slug animated. was always a very cartoony game anyhow.

Not all 'turn-things-into-cute-girls' games survive, user.

Kemono Friends is airing this season while the game died last year, Barcode Kanojo's been dead forever, and what was that game where household tools got turned into girls to battle aliens again?