SAO Ordinal Scale

youtube.com/watch?v=v9JTu9xY9Xg
First 12 minutes of the movie. It's out in a week by the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v9JTu9xY9Xg?t=11m52s
youtu.be/eQDK1qhzf6o?t=7s
amazon.co.jp/ソードアート・オンライン19-ムーン・クレイドル-電撃文庫-川原-礫/dp/4048926683
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks good.

Damn they sure chose a good place to stop.
Seeing Kirito trip over the sidewalk was so funny for some reason. I'm looking forward to it.

Silica was the only good thing to come out of SAO.

That's a funny way to spell Sinon. Silica is a close second, though.

What's Eugeo doing there?

>Jogging with stone ball behind
Surreal as fuck

I'm honestly surprised by how good this looked. Like, I'm watching this back-to-back with the Trinity Seven movie clip, and the latter has absolutely nothing dynamic happen.

>Ordinal Scale
Wait what? Wasn't it called Hollow Atraxia or something? Or was that a game?

Anyway it looks great, hopefully the quality doesn't drop off halfway in like it did for the Ao no Exorcist movie

> Wait what? Wasn't it called Hollow Atraxia or something? Or was that a game?

That's the Fate/Stay Night sequel.

I despise SAO for all that it stands for. I hate it's fanbase, I hate the MC, I hate most of the girls, I hate how the plot is the biggest piece of shit there is and I hate how many people it brought into anime that now think they know anything about this medium.

And yet I will still watch this movie and the next season eventhough I honestly have no Idea why. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Well, it's SAO. The series tends to have talented animators shows up and the movie is no different in that regard. There's a clear step up in the visuals too thanks to the new director of photography.

It's mostly because you only really hate it to be contrary. The show's inoffensive, and it's an enjoyable fantasy.

I remember watching .hack/SIGN as a teenager, and it was the most boring thing I've ever seen. I'm sort of glad SAO didn't come out then, or it'd have fucking destroyed me for life.

Fuck, I could have sworn something SAO-related had the title Hollow something.

>I hate how many people it brought into anime that now think they know anything about this medium
This is the only major thing that sets it apart from your average isekai harem and frankly it's a dumb reason

It's weird, but I actually like Kirito. He's very laid-back, but the fact he's generally so downplayed as a character makes him a lot more tolerable.

Hollow Fragment. It was the Vita game.

I'm gonna give this another try just because the SAO mobile game is actually pretty fun.

>but the fact he's generally so downplayed as a character

>Kirito

>downplayed

What did he mean by this?

I still don't like how the whole technolgoy is upside down.

It would be VR first and then FullDive.

Just watched the first 5 minutes
>Everyone but Kirito is playing the botnet AR game
I can already tell the entire plot.

>this is what SAOfags actually believe

Its a movie and SAO

A-1 puts work into it

>Kirito
>downplayed
I like him (and Japan does probably for the same reason) because he's a qt
>canonically as cute as a girl

Masochistic tendencies are stuck deep in some of us.
There are very few things that foul my mood more than spending 25 minutes complaining about everything wrong with each episode.

I swear I'm hearing the second OP of Fate/zero. At about 11:52.

youtu.be/v9JTu9xY9Xg?t=11m52s

For comparison,

youtu.be/eQDK1qhzf6o?t=7s

Is Yuki Kajiura running out of ideas?

He doesn't talk shit he can't back up. And he can always back it up.

Remember when he fought a dragon for Liz? She was thinking "Oh God, I'm so wet right now." Like, he's one of the few characters where sexual attraction seems logical and not forced. I can honestly believe that most of the girls he's met want to claw down his pants and ride him, which is hard for most other anime to capture. (I think of recent shows, only Tatsuya - an Aryan ubermensch - is similar.)

Kajiura ran out of ideas a long time ago. Her soundtracks these days have one, maybe two good tracks and the rest is disappointing.

>showing everyone's points
holy shit. That is some e-peen shit.

>the VR became wide-spread and ever-present in few years?

Yeah. Bullshit.

In the span of three years, they have true AIs. SAO's world has an insane level of technological escalation.

>He doesn't talk shit he can't back up. And he can always back it up.

Yeah no shit. Because Kirito is the biggest self insert there is. There is literally nothing he can't do. The stupid scene where he literally hacks a GM system in like 4 seconds and rewrites gamedata he has never seen before comes to mind. If there was actually any sense of danger for once events would actually feel dangerous but with Kirito on the screen you can always be sure that it will just work itself out.

The fact that even though he's some hero he's not running around like some superstar with a fan club and getting harassed by interviews. Even when he goes to ALO no one knew who he was.

>Like, he's one of the few characters where sexual attraction seems logical and not forced.
You fokn wot? Every single girl is literally "this random dude was kinda nice to me I BETTER FUCK HIS BRAINS OUT!!"

Gee, like every protagonist ever.

At a certain point, you just go "Okay, this guy's the hero, he's going to have plot armor anyway. I just hope he's not an annoying fucktard."

>Because Kirito is the biggest self insert there is. There is literally nothing he can't do
Aren't self-insert characters supposed to be beta, spineless and a loser at life like the audience?

>not caring how stupid you look to people without the VR

There is a reason why entertainment is for in-home use only.

Fuck off from Sup Forums, cancer.

It's a ranking system, not point system. Meaning Kirito is bottom of the barrel. He's deliberately not playing the popular botnet game because he's the super speshul snowflake.

No, it makes sense. In Aincraid, they're in a high-pressure situation. The danger to them is real. Kirito really saved, say, Silica's and Lizbeth's lives. It's not a joke if you fucking die when you run out of HP.

Look, let's use Liz as an example. You're a young woman trapped in an MMORPG. You're, on some level, looking for love. But you're surrounded by mouth-breathers, fat otaku and virgins, people who can't look you in the eye without visibly perspiring.

Then you meet the one guy who doesn't spend the entire conversation staring at your tits. Then he fights a dragon like it ain't no thang, and he saves your life a second time when you nearly fall to your death.

This is nuclear, man. This is "Hunky fireman pulls you out of burning building" level of attraction. I'm surprised she didn't hold him down and rape him.

Leafa and Sinon, you have to keep in mind the people they hang around. Leafa's impressed because Kirito clearly loves the game so much and HE isn't attracted to her. SHE is attracted to him. Sinon has the whole "Oh boy, he's a murderer too! This guy just gets me!" thing as part of her issues.

How the hell do their AR devices simulate mass?

They'd have to, because otherwise they wouldn't be able to block the boss's sword, their weapons would just go right through it.

But let's put that aside for a moment and just assume their AR controllers have some ultra FUTURISTIC technology that enables them to do so.

That still doesn't fucking explain how the new rival character just casually JUMPED FROM TWO STORIES HIGH TO DEFLECT A PROJECTILES IN MIDAIR ONLY TO GRACEFULLY LAND WITHOUT SHATTERING HIS LEGS. What the actual fuck?

>How the hell do their AR devices simulate mass?
Wanted to say this.

>faggots hating on Kirito

Just self insert as him and pretend you are hot shit
Dont be autistic about it

Wait are those points or ranking? The guy who showed up at the end had a 2 with a special border

>That still doesn't fucking explain how the new rival character just casually JUMPED FROM TWO STORIES HIGH TO DEFLECT A PROJECTILES IN MIDAIR ONLY TO GRACEFULLY LAND WITHOUT SHATTERING HIS LEGS. What the actual fuck?
He doesn't exist. He is only virtual avatar.

I really hope we get Kirito examining live, non-VR footage to see if something isn't real.

Kirito is a shitty wish-fulfillment character. Even the author readily admits this. Nothing you say can change this.

Kinda looking QUALITY here

Oh. Right.

The whole plot is about full-diver players projecting their virtual selves into VR.

Exactly. Most self-inserts are for people who are so emotionally stunted they can't even be a badass in their imagination.

Think about it. How emotionally castrated do you have to be, to be pathetic even in your imagination?

>He doesn't exist. He is only virtual avatar.
>I really hope we get Kirito examining live, non-VR footage to see if something isn't real.
He doesn't even need to. He just needs to turn off his fucking AR device and see if the guy blinks out of existence or not.

>implying VR can be turned off during event

amazon.co.jp/ソードアート・オンライン19-ムーン・クレイドル-電撃文庫-川原-礫/dp/4048926683

Don't forget what else came out today, ready for Kirito to become an astronaut?

How do they avoid falling to their death, getting hit by a car and shit like that?

Also I'm offended by Kirito riding a motorcycle. Motorcyclists aren't fags. Apart from Harleyfags, obviously.

The only bad thing about that screenshot is Yui.

How come Liz got pink hair when everyone else had their normal haircolor in SAO?

The motorcycles aren't 'real' motorcycles. They're AR guided. They're basically automatic.

They seem to play in closed-off area.

Because you can dye your hair in SAO, Liz was just the only one in the main cast to do so.

SAO is stupid. But god damn even with these short 12 minutes I had a lot of fun watching. I hope best girl Sinon is in the full movie.

>.png 3.25 MB

Maybe she dyed it ingame.

The difference is that here you have shit like Kirito literally dying and declaring he doesn't want it and asspulling through, going against literally everything in the story up to that point.
There's plot armor, and then there's not even pretending there isn't one.

>implying VR can be turned off during event
Take the goddamn thing off your head, it's not hard.

He did die, though. He just stabbed Kayaba before his HP bar emptied out.

>the hero overcoming all odds and winning in the end

HOW PREPOSTEROUS

>implying it won't fry your brain

>tfw stopped watching SAO half way into the second season, at the end of GGO arc
Did I fuck up?

If you try to take it off it'll fry your brain with microwaves. :^)

Yes. You missed the best arc.

Nigga wut. The whole city transformed when they activated the AR device.
That's fucking sad and even gayer than being a Harleycuck, which is a huge accomplishment.

>dropped SAO
>did I fuck up

No you did not. But the last 5 or 6 episodes are the "best" of the second season if you like melodrama.

>Nigga wut. The whole city transformed when they activated the AR device.
The whole city gets overlaid with virtual graphics but you only get to play in a closed off area.

No he didn't.
It's specifically stated in the novels that he died, and then came back.

Oh look a Kirito 2.0. I wonder if he's gonna try to cuck original Kirito.
Boy will he regret that.

I heard there was a girl with AIDS.

Since they have physical AR instead of a VR headset, how is Kirito or the other characters doing shit like jumping ten feet off the ground and having actual proficiency in weapons make any sense?

You know, I can't help but think that this would make for a great original story 'set in the world of SAO' instead of another story featuring Kirito.

Like, there's a lot of potential there. You have Average Japanese Highschool boy who wants to win the virtual idol's affections. Turns out the rival character is actually her 'handler', but he's crazy enough to be in love with her too.

Eventually the AI goes berserk, and the two boys fight to the death to see who 'gets' her. The final duel has them beat each other with lead pipes, but the protagonist wins because - despite getting a broken leg - he smashes the other guy's Google Glass and suckerpunches him when he's confused.

So at the end, we see that he's having a 'relationship' with a girl who only exists when he's wearing his AR headset. He doesn't give a shit, because he has his perfect waifu, never mind that he has nothing else in life.

>you only get to play in a closed off area.
What if you exit the area? Does your AR deactivate? What if you get hit by something and fly off the area? You can still end up in an accident.

>how is Kirito or the other characters doing shit like jumping ten feet off the ground
Shitty directing and animation.

> having actual proficiency in weapons make any sense
They don't. Most goons just flail around. And Kirito did play Kendo.

The guy is shown to jump off a building and deflect a bazooka back at the boss at the end of the clip.

>how is Kirito or the other characters doing shit like jumping ten feet off the ground and having actual proficiency in weapons make any sense?
What? I didn't see any superhuman feats from any of the characters aside from that new faggot. Kirito even tripped.

And ALO is all about actual fighting skill. If you want to be gud at the game you actually have to know how to swing a sword. And they've been playing it a lot.

Dude AR magic lmao

Kirito and Asuna have actual proficiency in weapons. And you see Kirito's really bad at this, he actually faceplants when fighting, then comments how it's really different.

We already discussed that and agreed he is just a virtual avatar.

Kendo and video games might work for Kirito but what about the other characters?

;_;

I wonder what will they come up with to keep Kirito being broken op swordsman irl

What other characters? They got smacked in one hit. Klein and his guys are the only dudes who worked together. It isn't hard to fire a virtual gun.

>trips and eats dirt
>gets winded while running before Asuna does because lol skinny nerd
I know this is just a temporary thing and he's going to be back to being a God Mode Sue at the end of the movie but it's fun seeing VR Jesus get BTFO for once.

As much as I hate the forced drama. I actually liked Yuuki only for the fact that she actually kicked Kiritos ass for once.

>but what about the other characters?
All the named characters play ALO. All of them are good at fighting with weapons at this point.

The nameless mooks get shit on like you'd expect them to.

To be fair, Kirito's got into three real-life fights. He did fairly well in the first one, not so good in the other two. Sinon has to save him in the second, and the third puts him in a coma.

>he's going to be back to being a God Mode Sue
But they're literally in the real world, how is he going to go God Mode? It's based on his actual physical capabilities.

Shouldn't they be animating Alicization or whatever ? I though that chapter was almost done in the novels.

>you only really hate it to be contrary
I hate it because it's stupid.

>hack into the game
>go into FullDive
>project your virtual avatar into the game
Just like the other faggot

>But they're literally in the real world, how is he going to go God Mode? It's based on his actual physical capabilities.
He does SS and GOMAD.

This sounds more exciting than the movie we're going to get. Not because the movie's bad, but because there's no dramatic or sexual tension since Kirito can't develop as a character. If it's as personal as two guys fighting over a girl, that's a better rivalry.

What was the deal with this?

>I though that chapter was almost done in the novels.
It's been done for like a year.
Kawahara's busy rewriting that one side story that takes place a hundred years after the end of Alicization (in VR time, not RL time) into a full novel.

> I remember watching .hack/SIGN as a teenager, and it was the most boring thing I've ever seen.

Fuck that series, it constantly lied.

>He's deliberately not playing the popular botnet game because he's the super speshul snowflake.
Sounds like Sup Forums to me.