Reddit CEO and staff freaks out and starts an information campaign

>Reddit CEO and staff freaks out and starts an information campaign
>YouTube CEO joins in
>Twitter
>Imgur
>Almost every household named site pumps out NN propaganda
>Except one..

In all seriousness I think it's fucking awesome that whenever these social media sites use their tentacles to spread their propaganda, Sup Forums's team and mods stay low and don't say anything (to our knowledge, maybe they were the ones pumping out pro-NN posts). But either way it's nice that they know their user base doesn't want to hear about their opinions because the platform thrives off of its own.

Other urls found in this thread:

pewinternet.org/2017/11/29/public-comments-to-the-federal-communications-commission-about-net-neutrality-contain-many-inaccuracies-and-duplicates/
weev.livejournal.com/410763.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm honestly surprised that the mods didn't fly into a hysterical communist rage over net neutrality being repealed. Gook must be keeping them in check, joot would have been all over it virtue signalling out the ass.

Yep. I remember when moot would cave and piss off his entire userbase. Idk what the Sup Forums teams opinions of it are (they probably want NN because it saves them money in the end), but I'm glad I don't. This is one of the only places on the internet where you don't always have to feel like someone on the team will censor you for saying something stupid. It has to remain neutral within the ranks otherwise it could change.

How naive to think that the underlying rules don't apply to Sup Forums also, they are there. I see and have experienced censorship on this site more than on others.

Tbh I rarely go on pol because it's become shit. All the other board sites go on seem just fine and I post 2-3 times a day.

Yeah, sure, many large liberal companies are showing their distant towards this repeal. But you need to realize that not all NN supporters are liberal.

85% of the American population are against the repealment. And you're telling me this is a just liberals crying?

I almost always support what the right says, but this time they really fucking blew it, all because they think NN is about liberals vs. conservatives.

What's the economic mechanism that will ensure service providers will provide a reasonably good service for small fringe websites, instead of throttling it down to zero simply because it's cheaper? Let alone any political motivation.

No one knows what the shit NN is. None of them would have any sort of coherent opinion of why it is good or bad.

Doubt they'd want it. Sup Forums's data usage is minuscule. It's likely that they'll actually be paying less when all of this is done.

>reddit spacing
>made up stat
>"I almost always support what the right says"
>"they"

KYS shill

well, last time NN was around moot put it on the front page too. welcome aboard, newfriends.

Lurk moar.

I've been on Sup Forums too long. I thought "NN" was "non-nude"

>all because they think NN is about liberals vs. conservatives.

its all yin and yang. there are only ever two sides to anything, really. i'd rather be on the side that pisses off reddit and google.

sounds like companies that piggy back off the infrastructure from other companies making billions, also relying on them for advertisement outlets to mass audiences are panicking

I've been around Sup Forums since the beginning. Who is this "moot" everyone talks about?

I think Sup Forums is silent because Hiro is usually absent from these matters and doesn't care.
Now if Sup Forums would slow down considerably, then he cares. He reacts only to what happens and usually won't react unless it's a major shitstorm.

>implying anyone would publicly admit to being a mod here

as long as i can continue to shitpost with you lads without paying extras shekels, nothing else really matters

The pro-NN shilling is unreal. All these companies that partake in extremely heavy-handed online censorship have SOMEHOW TRICKED EVERYONE into thinking that they're fighting for a free and open internet against censorship. Faceberg, Jewgle, Twitter, Reddit, etc. It's unreal.

I would really like to hear the managers opinion on NN

Where is the money? Who uses up all the bandwidth?

>over 20 years of education and a habit of double spacing essay's
>post on pol and get called something worse than nigger

it definitely hurts more than being called a faggot

This model of "throttle by default, whitelist specific big sites" would be idiotic because it would piss of everybody who can't reach the random sites he occasionally clicks on (i.e., everybody) while saving effectively zero traffic costs (a fortiori true because else they wouldn't be "fringe sites"). The economically sensible prediction of what ISPs will actually change, if anything, is "status quo as default, throttle specific big sites unless they pay us off".

85%? Where'd you get that number? Apparantely there were 22 million comments to the FCC against repealing NN but that turned out to be fake pewinternet.org/2017/11/29/public-comments-to-the-federal-communications-commission-about-net-neutrality-contain-many-inaccuracies-and-duplicates/

Also in all honesty an average person cannot predict what will change after 2 months of this repeal, so stop trying. What we DO know is investment in ISPs has decreased almost 3 billion dollars the past 2 years. We also know that under the NN laws that were recently repealed, any new technology an ISP wants to use would first have to be approved by the FCC. Well, there's a few reasons that bad. Local ISPs are already practiced monopolies within their area. If a new ISP wants to challenge then with more efficient and cheaper but better infrastructure, the local government can lobby the FCC to tell then to fuck off. We have seen similar activities done against Google Fiber (which is why it only exists in 5 cities across the US, if I remember correctly).

>been around since beginning
>doesn't know moot
Pick one newfag

/b is cancer and if you haven't graduated from that sorry excuse of a board you need to stop commenting on other boards. There is more than pol and b ya know. However after more though, stay on b. It is the containment board for all things degenerate and stopping the spread of virus is easier than curing it.

You're the newfag. Thats the joke, pretending you dont know who moot is.

>what is ironic shitposting?

He's obviously kidding.

Last year, Sup Forums was using 4 petabytes of data per month. Usercount and postcount has only gone up since them. Sup Forums is fucked.

Holy shit that's $120,000 a month, $1,200,000 a year. Hopefully they get enough ad revenue to compensate. I remember moot saying he makes almost nothing off this site. Idk if that's true but it doesn't seem to far out.

Whoops $1,440,000 a year.

>NN propaganda
Do you want to pay extra for different sites or do you want to pay for same speed in all?
Are you mentally retarded?

>muh reddit
Who the hell opposes NN?

You don't understsnd NN, brainlet. It's not about what you think, ot's not about equal access or paying for sites. It's about big companies securing themselves on the market in perpetuity without competition.

Dumbass

>It's about big companies securing themselves on the market in perpetuity without competition.
how would this work? not trolling im legitimately curious

See More evidence says internet will become faster (obviously, like it has the past 20 years). I wouldn't be paying more, I'd be paying less. More investment=better infrastructure. Less regulations targeting innovation=faster internet. We've see it with Google Fiber where you can pay practically the same as any other ISP but with speeds up to 1gb. The (now old) NN laws regulated the shit out of them and local government did not let them build fiber optic cables in their counties because of the already existing monopolies of other ISPs which is why it only exists in a few cities across the US.

Japanese moot is probably a member of the Nazi party of Japan.

Japanese moot literally saved the world.

Hiro is truly a superior Honorary Aryan

>use more bandwidth (netflix, kikebook) than 95% of websites
>don't have to pay for it on the business end because all packets are treated equal

(((organic takeovers)))
I want to keep NN but ffs anyone could see the shilling

>that pic
Here's another for your collection, from the old days.

Because old NN laws required new technology to be approved by the FCC whereas now they can use whatever equipment/innovative technology the want without needing approval. They taxed these new technologies like they would with utilities. How can a smaller ISP compete with an ISP that already has the capital and credibility with local governments under those regulations? Also, because ISPs were required to charge ALL sites the same price rates, who would pick up on those costs? Facebook pays the same price as Tumblr does even though they use 1000x more bandwidth? How can a smaller ISP compensate for those costs? The only way a bigger ISP can deal with it is because they can raise the prices of their services to the consumer to subsidize for what Facebook isn't paying for.
>this is why all these big sites were lobbying FOR net neutrality. They don't want to pay more than Tumblr does. They save money because the ISP is forced to provide them services at the same cost.

ISP customers use the bandwidth. If you want to charge the heaviest customers more, so be it.

rare pic

See both
And

I don't know about mods specifically, but I know 4chin put itself on lists of sites backing NN, and I suspect a lot of the threads about NN had 4chin staff involved. Also saw a NN banner on my phone at the 4chin home page for the past several weeks, if not well over a month. I doubt any one paid for that shit.
Overall 4chin isn't as bad about that kind of stuff, though.

Probably because at the end of the day we only have to worry about some rouge ISP deciding to throtle the fuck out of smaller sites like us in an attempt to extort them rather than doing what every other ISP is going to do (fuck Google and Facebook in their tender assholes)

Most people use those big sites anyway. Killing NN seems pretty nanny state to me.

hes the guy who got first double digits

NN is literal government nanny state, favoring some companies rather than others. Repealing NN it is basically just the horror of free market as some companies.

>be a baker
>customer #1 orders 5 cupcakes
>5 cupcakes costs me $2.50 to make
>customer #2 orders 20 cupcakes
>20 cupcakes costs me $10 to make
>Government forces me to charge them the same price
>cupcake neutrality
>customer 1 has to now pay more than he would originally
>customer 2 now pays me less than he normally would
>i still haven't made a profit
>so now I have to increase the price of the cakes I make to compensate
>customers that order cake now have to pay more to subsidize the customers who ant cupcakes

>baker is the ISP
>Customer 1 and 2 are websites
>cake customers are the consumers (you and me) who have to pick up the costs of customer 1 and 2 because they aren't paying full price for cupcakes

It's immoral
See

ISPs don't sell their service to websites. They sell their service to people who want to access the internet.

ISPs can charge customers more for using more data. So if a customer wants to download 5TB worth of stuff, they pay more than the customer downloading 1TB.

I don't know how it works down south but we pay for whatever internet speed we use already. We also technically have a data cap that no-one really pays attention to? What's benefit of repealing NN? You think they will charge more to use Google? Everyone uses it anyway.

"Now, the current campaign centers around companies like Comcast having no competition and providing not enough bandwidth. People think of their negative experiences with Comcast and think that net neutrality will do something to fix this. Net neutrality in its current form will do nothing to fix this, and will actually increase the likelihood that you will never be able to do business with anyone other than Comcast ever again. Designating ISPs as common carriers legally introduces new regulatory burdens and gives the FCC veto power over pricing schemes. Nothing could be more discouraging to new investment and innovation in the sector, and doing so will ensure that Comcast never sees competition. The problem with the current system is not a lack of government. It's the government's involvement in the first place. So many local municipalities entered into agreements with various companies giving them complete control over the last mile of Internet service delivery that competition is already hampered."

weev.livejournal.com/410763.html

We already technically have that in Canada.... Everyone calm the fuck down. No-one is going to pay attention to data caps! Also TB? Capped at 600gb on the more expensive side of things.

>Reddit CEO and staff freaks out and starts an information campaign
>YouTube CEO joins in
>Twitter
>Imgur
>Almost every household named site pumps out NN propaganda
Because (((they))) will lose money and won't be able to propagandize (((their))) agenda anymore.

>the shilling.
Ermagherd

>all these faggots who don’t remember the internet pre-NN

Supporting NN should get you banned for being an underaged faggot or a shill.

Fuck off Myspace Millennials and Gen Z babies.

The internet was better before everything was centralized on a handful of websites.

>free market
>most local governments in the country have signed exclusive contracts with 1 provider
I can't believe the amount of telco lies I keep hearing parroted here. I am honestly not sure itt's all shills, I think some number of you actually believe this bullshit. Fucking nu-Sup Forums, I swear...

nice self portrait, how long did that take u to make?

Ah yes we've come full circle now.

Moot is the bad guy and Gook the good.

I remember the """apocalypse""" not too long ago that was to occur with the sell out...

I gotta say, this gook is pretty fucking based. This place is so much better with him

>what are cellphone towers
>what is satellite service
>what is dial up
>what is DSL

Ban this underage faggot pls

CANAKEK

TESTING

I'll repeat what I've said every time one of you stupid fucking faggots bring up the "not a real free market" shit.

>no true free market
>solution is to give the feds even more power
>totally won't be coopted by big $$$$ interests like every other govt lever
>plz daddy gubment save us from ourselves
>shit, why does the standard of living keep going down?

>because AT&T, comcast/NBC, and verizonare are the good guys.

i don't even understand who the (((they))) are anymore.

quality posts on Sup Forums in 2017?

>85% of the American population are against the repealment.
Just like 90% of them were for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment, right Shlomo?

Holy fuck this thread reeks of reddit

>Mfw americans celebrate monopolies getting more power over them

Everyone. And your (((mother))) too.

Are the new rules effectively going to be a media consumption tax?

>85% of the American population are against the repealment
According to some rando online poll
The absolute state of you fucking retards. Also this x10000: Argumentum ad populum is a fallacy and is especially so when you have as many mouthbreathing fucking retards as we do.

Honestly does Hiroshimoot even pay much attn to 4chin? I see him pop on every so often, but he's never really been that hands on the way Moot was

>mfw the leaf doesn't understand what the fucking state is

So how will this repeal of nn create more competetion in the market?

>t. leddit
Source on the 85% number, I swear to god if it is a voluntary response online poll I will call you a faggot 500 times

>mfw new laws prevent the individual states from interfering with the monopolies

It will remove one more layer of govt regulation which can then by utilized by lobbyists to crowd out competition. It's going to do barely anything to free up the market. There are about a million other things that need to be done to do that. But this was one-million-and-one. It barely moved the needle, but at least the needle jiggled in the right direction. Doesn't ultimately matter. We're in for a totalitarian hellscape eventually because of how many morons there are in society.

4chans team and mods are a bunch of tumblrites anyhow, what possible upsides could there be for them doing anything? Also we don't need extra publicity, I really don't want any more r*dditors here.

it's better this way, you don't want him attending TED embarrassing everyone

>being worried about a new unknown owner
>turns out he is based and better than jewmoot
>this is coming full circle somehow

They lose that censorship power to Comcast/Verizon/ect...with the repeal. That's why their upset.

>t the repealm

Commies are for NN because they are commies and they love the government. The only reason non-commies want NN is that they are ignorant and they actually think this will make them freer.

holy shit I didn't know he was such a soyboy

competition?

NN has nothing to do with websites becoming more centralized

Also "pre-NN" was basically what NN was. They only started putting it down in writing when monopolies started to abuse their position.

Uh Sup Forums is one of the most corrupt websites out there, they have the same mod team since Moot was here that outright allow shilling, advertising and cronyism.

If you're an IRC lurker you'll know what I mean, mods have personal bias against people and will target them with no reason.

Alternative theory: All of these disparate companies that are competing with each other want to have unobstructed access to their customers without having to pay money for the privileged of being on comcasts shit-tier network.

They are taking their position because its bad for their businesses.
Most posters who agree are taking their position cause they want unobstructed access to the whole internet.

You are taking you position cause you are a shit head.

>20 years of education
>pol
>comparing writing essays to shitposting
Nice damage control redditor

>well, last time NN was around moot put it on the front page too. welcome aboard, newfriends.

I was around when NN was first being talked about but I don't even remember that. Either way that's not really a surprise moot is a literal jew. His moms maiden name was cohen after all

Most of the ISP's infrastructure was paid with taxpayer money. So it's never been a free market. And monopolies are the opposite of a free market.

Fair trade off would be that the ISPs get to have the true "free market" they want but they have to pay back all the subsidies they took over the last couple decades.

>mfw A FUCKING LEAF

I just love pointing out the hypocrisy that all these sites like reddit are now pretending to be anti-censorship. And it's sad that there are millions of retards who fall for this PSYOP and take up "the cause" as dedicated footsoldiers. And for what? To make sure that Jewgle, Faceberg, etc can keep jewing everyone over on bandwidth? Fuck them. And fuck Netflix and all the anti-white cancerous shit they stream.