What's the hardest college major?

What's the hardest college major?

Other urls found in this thread:

gia.edu/gem-education/program-graduate-gemologist
youtube.com/watch?v=ewPburLEZyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nuclear engineering or underwater welding depending on if you are left or right brained.

Physics. harder than engineering and pays a lot less.

what the fuck colleges offer those majors?

Gemology.

dank ones

Psychology.
Its hard swallowing down propaganda all day long

Women's studies. Very hard to suck the professor's ass that much with a straight face

physics, it's not even close

Electrical Engineering as there's a lot of math.

Chemistry and Medical studies

>muh circuits

Computer engineering is EE plus ME, and its still not the hardest engineering field

English

English literature is so shit only the biggest masochists can make it through.

Theoretical physics for sure

Depends on the university. I seriously doubt Post-Soviet states care all that much for western bullshit, and their psychology departments are as good as ours.

>Electrical Engineering as there's a lot of math.
As opposed to the other legit forms of engineering with no maths.
Your an absolute fucking brainlet mate.

Art

Its really hard to get a job. nobody wants to buy my shitty drawings and music ;_;

Architecture

By this logic wouldn't a full math major be ever more difficult?

Computer engineering at top 20s

Chemical Engineering

Nuclear engineering isn't uncommon. Underwater welding is a skill. You might find it taught at a four year school but more likely you'd learn it at a vocational college.

>architecture
I dont know why they can't do maths for shit. It's just graphic design of buildings. Civil engineers do all the hard shit.

They have less math, but more focused on memorization.

Civil engineers just show up, take some measurements, and tell the architect what they can and can't do. Engineers just get salty because they know they're just a tool for the architect to use.

Nuclear chemistry.

Probably old-school philosophy (current ones are easy) or pure mathematics

>engineers
>into math
80% of them are formula junkies

t. actual math major

Yeah, applied math. It's just a tool.

Pure math folks sometimes looks to me like a bunch of navel gazing. Not that it's bad or not useful, I just don't understand how mastering certain forms of thought is somehow better or worse than other forms of thought.

Math major is easier than physics in terms of mathematics. Grad school for math is probably harder to grasp than head school for physics, but undergrad math degree is not as difficult.

t. math-physics double major

>head school for physics
*grad school

t. Phone-posting pleb

Guys, Medicine is the probably most difficult thing to study.. But it pays off in the end (with lots of work hours per week :D)

depends on the college, the teachers and the student

I double-majored in physics and math. I found math to be more difficult overall when you take into account the highly-abstract nature of upper-level undergraduate real analysis and number theory. Physics is difficult but it's easier to visualize and the subject-matter is more interesting than pure math (in my opinion).

Being a J-woke right-wing white male.

Medicine is just memorizing a bunch of easy shit.

Did a BS physics first... what a bitch!
Then did BS EE... that was easy.

Both show the same GRE scores for Grad school, but a BS EE starting salary is the same as a PhD Physics starting salary. I thought about getting a Ph D in physics, but as an EE, I'd take a massive pay cut.

Soft social sciences, because you're getting the most diluted education possible

It depends on what you're good at... engineering or physics. Most everything else is just memorization, even the biological sciences end up just being recalling cycles and processes and whatnot... not applied mathematics.

Medicine is a lot of memorization and not much else.

I was also a double-major in math and physics but I had the opposite experience. What physics classes did you find to be the most difficult?
Thermal/statistical physics and quantum were really tough but I would take them over real analysis any day.

Aerospace Engineering

Only the thermal aspect of ME
Complex solid body mechanics are not required for CE

Yeah, with math it can be hard to know what strategy to use for a proof, especially on a test with a time limit. With physics it is easier to know how to set up the problem and work your way through it.

People always say EE is super tough, I thought it was OK. I mean I didn't do very well but I put in no effort whatsoever, I halfassed most of my CA and never studied more than a week in advance of any of my exams my whole time there but I managed to get through it fine.

>Being this retarded

1. Physics
2. Math
3. Electrical Engineering

>1st year pre med.
Dude was a freshman.
Stats on acceptance are bullshit though.

With physics I was only hurt by making stupid errors. I guess it was easier for me to be careless on physics problems, but that is probably just a personal thing and not typical for everyone. But the concepts were easier in physics than with math for sure.

>What's the easiest way to waste Sup Forumss time with just one post

fixed it for you

no bump

Chemical engineering

Chemical engineering has a rediculus work load, even for engineering. I'd say it's the hardest undergrad degree you can get... And it has kind shitty job prospects compared to similar degrees to lol.

Dual honours means you took less physics modules in exchange for maths modules. This is an easier option, the modules you left in physics are far more challenging.

The juco here in town has a dank welding program that teaches underwater welding. My buddy did it, makes bank now.

university of florida for the first one

This.
Architecture is the hardest by a very long measure. Its very mentally and physically demanding for the long hours of concentration and complex thinking.

Highly creative, intense workload and extreme constraints which change every project. No two projects are the same.

100% accurately scaled drawings/diagrams/renders/sections/exploded
isometrics on paper to make sense to a myriad of other professions all working together on site.

Fucking ridiculous amount of legislation has to be adhered to which affects window/door/hallway/room placement, size and material use.

Ontop of that you need to factor in design, which it self is an intensely complex process if done correctly.

You put your thoughts on the line in architecture school. At the end of the semester you stand up and present your life for the last 4 months and ask a panel of students and industry professionals what they think, and you probably havent slept in 36-48 hours trying to get your presentation and model together because even though you spend most days working, its still never enough.

Fuck every other degree. Nothing is more difficult than Architecture and you can SMD if you think otherwise.

Dont believe me? Go into your local uni and visit the architecture studio. There will be students in there working, I guarantee it.

Math phd here, undergraduate math is fun and games. Graduate mathematics is very very hard. Math research is the pinnacle of human reason, the most difficult of all.

desu you should all end your lives now, you're vegetative existence is a drain on the resources belonging to us excelceites.

You nailed it bud.

Architecture.

Forgot to mention:

You also need to know how to operate:
Large Format Laser Cutters
Large Format 3D Printers
Industrial CNC's
Sometimes 6 axis robots aka car assembly robots
Software like Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Autodesk Revit, Sketchup, Rhinoceros,

You make things on a regular basis using those tools with ply wood, mdf, acrylic, glass, metals.

Physics or information systems probably

>isn't even a college major

>was literally making a joke about diamonds being "hard," but
>gia.edu/gem-education/program-graduate-gemologist

>tfw architect
can confirm

Can I have a job user?

>tfw wanted to go into architecture but read about this shit years ago.
>want to try it again and reading this now

Why do I desire this hell?

Chemical engineering.
Seriously, fuck mass transfer.

EE is the only major for real men as it is hard, (betas Don't have the drive for it), it pays well, and girls love the idea of doing an EE because potential salary.

>Autodesk Revit
It pains me that my college was literally the first one to start working with BIM and Revit in my country and faggots are turning away to Archicad because muh Mac or are stuck with AutoCad because the are too retarded to work with 3D

Working there no matter what time, or what day.

You have to be good at math, spatial design, language, adopting to ever changing regulatory environments, and you need to be flexible enough to learn the ins and outs of whatever it is that you're designing.

Say the school you want to design wants to adapt to a new security standard, well you need to become an expert in standard before you can design and construct it. Or maybe you need to design a housing complex for jews, you need to know how they wil try and hide from you when you round them all up and put them in the gas chambers.

Architecture > all at the undergrad level for certain. Doctors and Lawyers MIGHT have a harder load in grad school, but even there it'd be very close.

Students will work 100+ hr weeks by the end of their last year.

KEK

lol
arch jobs are rare as fuck
my firm contains all of 2 staff architects (one being me and one being my boss) and two interns

that being said we somehow have like 30 active projects

ive been using revit for a few years and it's a great tool when shit just works right but god damn revit sometimes man

First-year Comp Eng undergrad here.

My arch roommate literally pulls all-nighters every third day. He's always exhausted. I feel bad

Yeah mang. Im in my year out and cannot find anything in my town :/ Theyre missing out tho because I know my stuff.

Holy shit thats sounds like alot of work for 4 people... The firm must be making a fortune!

I unironically study art, that said I've always felt bad for students who are studying degrees which don't have proper industries in the UK.

10. Accountancy
9. Film Studies
8.Ancient History
7. Media Studies
6. Primary Education
5. French
4. History
3. Criminology
2. Sport Science
1. Geography (With an Employment after 6 months as low as 36%)

These are the ten worst in the UK as of 2014 with Geography being the worst.

You just need patience, right now I'm still in college and my teacher said "You know what's a great idea for your project? Tensile Structure". It was a bitch to model and it's still shit, but at least I have the groundwork for it now. Meanwhile all my classmates are making literal container boxes because they can't be arsed to make an angle that's not 90°. It's sad

Post-grade Political Science + Statistics when you aren't bluepilled, and won't tow the PC publishing line.

it's a lot of developer work though for repeat clients so the money isnt mind blowing

>10. Accountancy

my dad was a nuclear operator during the cold war for naval subs, it's not that hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=ewPburLEZyY

See, he plays an asshole, and is damn good at it. Stephen's been playing it for 53 years. Also, the boys in the lab theorize that his middle name is tyrone because his mom likes nigger cock.

I dont know about hardest, but I managed to get a Civil Engineering degree easily while being perpetually stoned for three of the years straight. You honestly should be sterilized if you dont do a STEM degree, even if you want to fucking draw maps, brainwash kids, business memes, or whatever, an engineering degree automatically over-qualifies you for 95% of things in life.

Math post-doc here. Graduate school is for little children. You might as well kill yourself for thinking that a Phd is an accomplishment. There are levels of insane abstraction beyond imagination.

kek, sounds about right.

You should ask him how he feels about nobody else knowing about Architecture but the people involved in Architecture, see how much that gets his jimmies tied.

Lets talk about the EASIEST college major, the ones the dullard take.
1) Communications
2) Education
3) Woman/black/gay studies
4) English
5) Sociology
5) Anthropology

I kick myself every day for not doing civil, it's easy as shit, it's comfy as fuck and there's jobs e v e r y w h e r e

I'm taking chemistry, some of my mates do chem eng and it looks ridiculous

>Education is the second easiest major
No wonder why our education system is so fucked.

Architects are the most useless creatures in any project or program. They are clueless. It's color selection and faggotry. They must be kept on a firm leash by civil engineers at all times. If not, they will destroy your budget. Management and resource allocation, firm bases of design, scope, schedule and budget... these are unknown to architects. It really is just pretty pictures with these guys, and it really doesn't matter which faggot school they came out of, or which studio faggotry hoops they jumped through... they're all the same.

Arch students all play into the same meme. They are all brainlets who do LOL US ARCH DUDES NO SLEEP HUH. I remember a few arch students try to switch to civil eng. after struggling with their arch classes. Guess how well they pan out.

First year physics major here. How fucked am I?

Amazingly, some prisons teach underwater welding

>inmates WILL get a job when they get out
>if they fuck up, they die. Best motivator ever to do well.

>nuclear engineering

military colleges train those

That's not even a college, or a degree. That's a trade association which offers an accreditation process. I'm not knocking it at all and have no doubt it's difficult and useful work, but it isn't done at a university and isn't a university degree.

E V E R Y W H E R E

If you got any engineering degree, you still have a shot. Depending on the field, any engineering degree easily can apply to civil, because you learn everything on the job anyways.

>psychology of human relations
>old Jewess professor
>class goes good until the end
>last day she LITERALLY comes in wearing a Star of David on a necklace
>ends class by saying our town isn't diverse enough and needs more blacks
>LITERALLY ENCOURAGES WHITE WOMEN TO DATE BLACKS BOLD FACED WITHOUT ANY SUBTLETY

>they can't be arsed to make an angle that's not 90
ree
meanwhile i went full autism to model my bicycle to scale

Yeah 10th lowest employment rate isn't exactly awful. It's probably a case of graduate saturation with that though. I mean if you spend your 20's trying to perfect your accounting skills you're not exactly a bastion of ambition.

Have you ever brought an idea from your head and executed to its fullest extent before?