"It's easy to be right wing if you're rich"

I heard it posted somewhere here and when I sat down to think about it, it surprised me how truthful it can be.

To try and illustrate I imagined myself as a "poor" college student. I have the usual expenses and of course, inflation affects me. I'm living paycheck to paycheck and trying to juggle school and work makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Then all of a sudden some snazzy as politicians appear on campus and promise lower everything. Lower tuition fees, lower rent, higher minimum wage...sounds too good to be true right? They seem really passionate about us "common folk" and are willing to take on debt to make our lives less expensive. Isn't this a good thing?

Of course I'm not that "poor university student". I don't need a job to pay for tuition so "lower fees" isn't really relevant. I am financially stable that I don't resort to paycheck to paycheck, wondering when or what my next meal is. From above, it seems all too easy to judge those not as fortunate.

So what does Sup Forums think? If you can afford things, is it really easier to be right wing and condemn all the millennials who may be financially unstable and therefore support concepts such as lower living expenses?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ura0PB_sfos&feature=youtu.be&t=4255
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use another half brain cell and tell me where the "free" money is coming from. And then convince me it's not theft.

It's really a matter of once you start to acquire equity/wealth/property you move away from being ok with the government taking from you to give to the poor.

It's not "easy" to be right wing is you're rich. It's just common sense.

>tfw poor NEET
>tfw right wing

Somewhat bizarrely, everyone I know who's actually rich is left wing as fuck. Probably because the blacks don't move to their affluent neighbourhoods and if they did they could easily up sticks and fuck off to somewhere relatively white, while voting for more blacks to go there too. You know, typical left wing "logic".

It's easy to be left-wing if your rich.

When you live in an expensive gated community where residence costs weed out all the mestizo üntermensch, and you work a credentialled job at no risk of undercutting by 8 million Guatemalan-Indian immigrants, your political opinions are much more useful as virtue signalling to your peers about how enlightened and compassionate you are, rather than actual concern about how the implementation of policy will see you lose your job and get your daughter raped by a pack of feral nogs.

Fuck off pinko.

I'm very well aware that there's no such thing as free money. It's either more tax or debt financing. Point is if you're the "poor college student", it sounds good now and often that's all they care about.

Haha, bold. I'm not 100% right wing as I'm part of the most hated demographic (the ones after millenials I think they're Gen Z? (mid 1990s to mid 2000s)) and we're just as retarded as millenials.

I always thought rich people were left to save face. It doesn't make sense to be rich and be radical left since almost all policies are geared towards taking more from you right?

its a fallacious arguement... like saying its easy to wanna be satanic vampire fags if you're poor

non sequitor. apples is banana if colored yellow. journalism 101

>much more useful as virtue signalling to your peers

That's what I mean, 100% about saving face. I believe rich lefties don't really believe their ideologies but do so anyway because if there's anything I've learned from rich people (myself included), we have a great filter and say anything that makes us look good

you don’t have to go to college
you don’t have to take out a loan

That's true but college is seen as a social right of passage and nowadays universities are more than happy to exploit this social norm. Something like 33% of freshmen don't finish first year so the amount of classes they take and fail still resorts to free monies for the university. If the freshmen were stupider they bought the textbook, lived on campus and took out loans, even more free monies

People who have to work hard to get rich are right wing. Children of rich people that have everything handed to them on the silver platter are left wing.

How do you think this got started? I can understand with communism or dictatorship it was always a foreign enemy. Those evil American capitalists or those greedy Jews etc, but why do you think now it's people attack people in the same country?

Yep. The kids are just virtue signalling while the parents are too busy at work or wondering where they went wrong.

What the fuck? The saying as old as Plato is literally “Liberality is the wealthy man’s prerogative.”
Only the wealthy can afford to be liberal.

>Point is if you're the "poor college student", it sounds good now and often that's all they care about.
I hate this argument and you're not the first I've heard say something like that. You know what would also be nice? If the government paid for my car loan, or if I didn't have to pay for my government-provided electricity or water. Except I do, and if I suggested that these things should be paid for by tax payer money I would be laughed out of the room. If I don't pay my car loans, I get fucked as an individual, not all of society. College should be no different, except for some reason people get angry at me when I suggest that I should not be forced at point of gun by the government to subsidize whatever degree they want.

>That's true but college is seen as a social right of passage and nowadays universities are more than happy to exploit this social norm
That's not my problem as a tax payer. If people want their "right of passage" then they can pay for it out of their own pockets. That is probably the biggest problem with this whole dilemma of college funding. College is a huge investment, except our current youth doesn't see it as that. They see it as an extension of high school that they MUST go through no matter what, so they rush in and pick something that sounds neat with no regard as to how it will affect them in the future. Now that they are leaving college and having to face reality, they are crying for the Bern because they have to come to terms with the fact that they made shitty decisions and they want the rest of society to bail them out. We must teach our children that college is not something you just go to, to get a fancy piece of paper that magically gives you six figures a year. Deciding whether to go to college or not and what field to go in is the most important decision many people will ever make, but is not treated as such.

It's easy to be left wing if you are a nigger

>college and finance are the only things which determine if one is liberal or conservative
Shiggy

>be me
>hard left
>average to poor family
>get average grades but get into university
>large student loan
>all students and friends are hippies
>study stupid arty/music subject
>end up working in recording studio taking orders from ad execs for tv ads
>realise I want to be one giving orders
>cold e-mail 200 ad execs
>get entry level job
>work my ass off, weekends, holidays, non-stop
>now on 6 figure salary with team below me
>look at all hippie friends still squatting in shitty shacks making beats
>realise i'm hard right
>realise rightwing mentality makes you rich, not rich makes you rightwing

I've been poor as dirt, lived in my car, lived in a caravan, rented a unit infested with mould and cockroaches, never asked big daddy gov for a cent. I have always been repulsed by parasitism.

>"Poor college student"
>Eat out five nights a week
>drinks alcohol and smokes weed daily
>Buys useless consumerist garbage
>Why am I so poor?

Big fucking surprise

Right wing views are about personal growth for societal gain.
Left wing views are about societal growth for personal gain.

>realise rightwing mentality makes you rich, not rich makes you rightwing

Agreed, I worked my own way out of poverty.

Holy shit I never thought about your first paragraph like that. It's only until the PRODUCING members of society ask for a little break that they get tomatoes thrown at them...! Good point good point I'll sure to keep that in mind now........

>pick something that sounds neat with no regard as to how it will affect them in the future.
I've discovered something. The first and VERY FIRST question you should ask someone in college is "why are you here". If it's "to improve my employability." you better expect an answer in STEM, the trades or medicine or some other in demand skill. Often this is very hard since some may answer very cryptically like "I'm doing it to get an education!" and thus you can only speculate without hurting their feelings.

I think the number one thing people are ignorant about is supply, demand and finance. ONE; Nothing is free. TWO; What do OTHER PEOPLE want from you as an employee. It took me a while to figure this out but I apply this principle. You can be hardworking, but if you don't have a goal in mind, you can work in all the wrong directions and fuck yourself over.

Classic example, Law School. The meme is all lawyers make $$$ so people work hard in it thinking they'll use their liberal arts degree when they realise Law School is to be a lawyer. They accumulate a mortgage of debt, find out interning in law sucks and graduate with no job because law is so fucking oversaturated. If they took the time to ask WHY they were going to uni and what EMPLOYERS WANT FROM EMPLOYEES, they could've worked hard in another direction and prospered.

Every time I see some first worlder talking about "living paycheck to paycheck" or "wondering when or what my next meal is" for just a second I wish your country actually goes down with all this SJW bullshit going on.
Then I go sane again but holy fuck you guys are so privileged that you can't even realize how fuck good you guys have it.

Nobody gives a fuck about conditions in your shit countries. You all serve as a warning as to what we don't want to become so we can say whatever the fuck we want. Fuck off favela nigger.

Basically. I've been guilty of this at least twice?? Then I realised holy shit what the fuck and stopped doing that.

It's easy to be communist when you're a leech on society that shouldn't have been born.

Haha friendly reminder that first world poverty and third world absolute poverty are different things.

By the way how accurate is this movie in regards to favelas in Brazil?

The college is a scam. One could make arguments for it, say, 30 years ago, but now it's just silly. Effectively entire knowledge humans accumulated are at your fingertips right now. Available to anyone who has money from working 1-2 months on a shitty entry level job, and needing even more modest income to sustain.

The government cannot protect you from making stupid decisions, it never could. The government shouldn't protect you from your stupid decisions, it sounds like a desirable thing because it has "protect" in it, fact is - it's not.

"Oh imagine if i couldn't stop shooting myself in the foot, wouldn't i then reasonably support crooks who will steal *your* money, but would promise *me* free bandage supply bought with tiny bit of the money they stole?"

Nah, get fucked you cunt.

It is entirely supply and demand. Making college affordable is extremely easy: stop the government from giving everyone and their dog loans so they can go and blow all that money on useless degrees. This is why college's charge so much money; they essentially have blank checks from the government to spend as much as they want, and all of that money goes to making their campuses look pretty and having plenty of administrators to comfort and pamper their students.

As you said as well, it's all about what employers want. To use an anecdotal example, I never went to college but I'm making more money than any of my friends that went to college, plus without the debt, because I work in an in-demand trade. Sometimes you see people even on here complain about entry-level positions requiring college degrees, but that's because many employers have basically taken for granted that prospective starter employees will have a degree in SOMETHING.

>"It's easy to be right wing if you're rich"
It's weird anyone would think this considering almost all the famous rich celebrities are super liberal. Most the upper middle class is liberal. Then you look at who actually votes conservative and it's the middle class, lower middle class, and poor.

Imo the entire system in the US isflawed because they put so much weight on College. As someone above mentione, most degrees are basically useless anyways, and won't improve your likability to make cash with it. In Switzerland we have a huge focus on trades instead, so even low achievers are not left behind. Plus Uni is much cheaper, but I'm no expert because I went with the trade option and the corresponding higher education

Being publicly rich it is imperative that you pay your virtue signal tax. You must donate shit or start some type of charity so that you can be free from attack from media, and activist groups.

To be a rich leftist you are unaffected by all of the policies that leftists support. You won’t have to live among the Somalian refugees or live amongst the section 8 housing tenants that you rallied for.

Very Hannukah themed picture OP

youtube.com/watch?v=Ura0PB_sfos&feature=youtu.be&t=4255

Huh.... was a poor college student but put myself in the shoes of a rich one, for the same reason, if we all want to be rich one day why would we vote against tghe interests of the person we want to be ourselves

Limousine liberals are a fucking scourge in western nations. Ever wonder why huge population centers are so fucking lefty? It's the rich and the poor who are lefty, conservatives are comprised of people who work. Some of those people who work make it big and are rich, the vast majority are middle class.

Far leftist ideas take hold in minds that have no understanding of how complex societal systems work either because they're fucking ivory tower elitists who have no idea what human nature means in practice, or the dirt fucking poor who can't conceptualize it. Get the fuck out of here

I know but it still makes me kind mad. Just recently there were news that quite a lot of the poor families in Brazil started using lumber for their cooking because the bottled gas price was way too high. One family of three (grandma and her two granddaughters) even said that the price was now around half of their monthly income which made it impossible for them to buy it. Do take in mind that her monthly income is like 50 dollars.

Kind accurate. The living conditions weren't that bad in the favela in the movie if you ignore the whole drug lord thing.

You’re right user, many college degrees are pure scams and indoctrination for Marxist professors. Or as Andrew Breitbart put it “ putting yourself $80,000 in debt for no practice job training but you’ll be able to quote Maya Angelou.”

I'm not rich, nowhere close to being rich, and I benefit from the Republican tax plan, but then I don't live in a shitty blue state with super high state and local taxes to fund gibs for nigs. Really, the only things I disagree with the Republican party on is all the things they agree with Democrats on, ie open borders, foreign interventionism, free trade, and general neoliberalism.

It's easy to be poor if you're stupid.

Yeah, for example, what do you need a social sciences degree for? Why not just get a job or training in social services and help people in need directly? Why not become a nurse? they are in high demand, the job is hard but if there was more of them, it would get easier for everyone.

The US is procucing tons of educated intellectuals who don't even know what to use their knowledge for. It's the same for majors in Geography and the likes. What are you gonna do with that?

>I always thought rich people were left to save face. It doesn't make sense to be rich and be radical left since almost all policies are geared towards taking more from you right?
Do you know why all these leftist media types and celebrities are bitching about the Republican tax plan? Because it's eliminating the State And Local Taxes deduction and capping the mortgage interest deduction at like $100,000, which means all these rich leftists media will be paying more in taxes. When they can no longer write off their blue state largesse on their federal taxes and make John Q Redstate effectively subsidize their gibs programs, then these leftists aren't so hot on paying taxes.
tl;dr you actually believed leftist rhetoric, that was dumb of you

OR MAYBE YOU BECOME RICH BY BEING CONSERVATIVE

DUH

This thread is full of bullshit.
t. poor left winger