What the fuck is this autism?

>Witnesses supernatural phenomenon.
>Gets reincarnated into an alternate reality
>Speaks with a supernatural being multiple times
>Refuses to admit god is real

Seriously, what basis does her lack of belief have at this point?

Still probably going to see this show through to the end though. Really like literally every other part of it.

I've only seen up to episode three. No spoilers please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m7VLEBjM0cY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stubbornness

There's no way witches exist

being x is the devil and tanya sees right through it with her bug eyes

He understands gods existence, but hates God's guts.
So basically it's just his way of saying fuck you.

What makes you think that any powerful supernatural being must necessarily be God?
Or rather, if you've encountered such a being, why believe that it's God instead some powerful demon?
Why is the existence of God more reasonable than that of an evil demon who just wants to fuck with you?

The proportions here are a fucking travesty.

If there are supernatural beings with the ability to create/alter our reality, the difference between that being and a god is negligible.

>God
>a god

Those are two different things, and I think Tanya would accept that Being X could be categorized as the latter depending on how you define it. She's acknowledged before that Being X is clearly very powerful and supernatural, but she doesn't accept that that makes him capital-G God.
And Being X being "a god" doesn't give Tanya any reason to worship him or respect him. "God" is by definition perfect and good. "A god" doesn't have to be either of those.

I want to fuck this loli.

>Tanya
>Loli
Choose one.
Loli is a personality type

>I want to get my dick shot off
If that's what gets you going...

Can I be a loli?

>Loli is a personality type
No, it's not.

Why do you need to be retarded, user? Salaryman even explain it in the second episode

Supernatural =/= God

>Loli is a personality type
People try to define "loli" in progressively stupider and more abstract ways with every passing year.

From what I understand, is that a little girl nazi commander?

Prussian

Alien life is also something he can cling onto.

So a little girl prussian commander. Anime truly is a mistake

>Tips his fedora so hard he becomes the little girl.
Autism makes anything possible.

A Prussian Officer little girl who has the mind of a 40 year old Japanese salary man.

What's the actual difference between a god God and a god? Very little to me, God in a judeo-christian belief would be the singular god (granted even in the old testament there is a the possibility of multiple capital 'g' Gods), so especially in a nip context if a being has the power that Being X has, they'd be considered a god. Now maybe that doesn't equate it incredibly equivalently to God of the JC sense, but looking back at latin, greek or other systems of polytheistic systems, X does enough to warrant being called a god. If we then assume there is only one God, then X fits the description, otherwise there'd be multiple gods and therefore God wouldn't be God but merely a god, so salary man/Tanya would still be wrong in the sense is both right and wrong, Being X is not God, but equivalent to God.

I take that back. It isn't a mistake, anime should have never existed.

If it shouldn't have existed it is a mistake, therefore it is a mistake

His lack of belief let him be a cute girl. I'd lack belief too if those were the rewards.

Salaryman is a non believer so there is not a nip context nor latin, greek or other systems of polytheistic systems

This anime has a mediocre protagonist.
The setting is what i enjoyed the most with the addition of Being X, since it portrays a ´god´ that can be cruel. All the magic has been boring, and uninteresting.

>otherwise there'd be multiple gods and therefore God wouldn't be God but merely a god
Not necessarily. Just because there are multiple gods doesn't mean there isn't a hierarchy of power.

youtube.com/watch?v=m7VLEBjM0cY

>This anime has a mediocre protagonist

>All the magic has been boring
what do you want? poket universes?

Episode 2 he says "In advanced science, where one's needs are met, there will be no faith. Only the weak, when they're in dire straits, cling to someone. A salaryman like me would never do that."

He doesn't believe he is so weak and poor that to rely on random bullshit gods to survive.

He doesn't recognize the supernatural being as a god.

I mean if you got summoned/reincarnated into another world it doesn't mean it was from a god. It could just as easily be from a summoner/ritual/prophecy.

or a simulation, this is a new matrix

In JC belief there is only 1 god, so is there were multiple it wouldn't be God, it'd be a god

He is still probably somewhat educated beyond his trade to know somewhat about foreign religions and his own cultures history of Shinto (which is polytheistic)

>Seriously, what basis does her lack of belief have at this point?
the abrahamitic god is supposed to be the creator of the universe. Being X only demonstrated some supernatural abilities, it did not prove that it created everything.

Tanya acknowledges that he is supernaturally powerful. She just does not acknowledge him as god.

I think that was more a statement on "Don't fucking worship anything other than me" rather than "There is only one entity with power in this universe". Devils and angels also have power, some that could be described as "godlike". To the uninformed/deceived, any sufficiently powerful devil or angel would appear as a god. Even looking directly at some angels will make your soul explode.

>All the magic has been boring, and uninteresting.
What do you expect? Summon a meteor for you?
This is magic science not your fantasy TUEE, as boring as formulating integral.

If you cannot warp spacetime like a glass bottle with a mere thought and do FTL travel for sports, why even study magic? The other stuff can also achieved with normal physics.

Yeah, with a duck face

Only watched 2 episodes so far. I like the setting but don't really care about the little girl as a main character, doesn't seem to add anything unique to the story.

All the trainees doubting a little girl could've just as easily doubted a wimpy looking salaryman and having them kick the ass of the hotshot recruit would've had just as much impact.

What i'm trying to say is, moeshit and appealing to waifuists is the cancer killing Japan.

We can rule out angels, if there is a god in that world it'd probably recognize and not allow a subordinate to do as such towards Tanya. So we're left with Being X as either God/a god or the Devil. If it is the Devil, then God willingly is letting this happen for something reason with the slight irony of having the devil tell Tanya to worship him. That seems rather illogical unless we have a situation like that one story where God and Lucifer wagered if by destroying a religious man's life would he still be pious or not, but in the opposite scenario

>wimpy looking salaryman
dude looks pretty slick

Not him, but the magic system seems bland. They haven't explained how or why magic exists in this world. Tanya says offhand there is magic and mana in this world, but that's it.
Instead of wands they're rifles, which is cool. But the spells are between enhanced bullets, and bullets turning into artillery. Its effective, but not interesting.

even manages to look stylish while getting a visit from truck-kun's relative

Shields, homing bullets too, fly of course

>From bishounen to loli

Definitely looks like the dominant guy from an office yaoi story

Kinda hot desu

ESPECIALLY when you have magic science you would expect massive utility value other than "explode things" being extracted from supernatural power.

>peasant railgun
>skeleton labor
>pic related
Going full munchkin is what applying science to magic systems means. It should affect all of society.

Being X could just be someone from the future with super tech

I just want something that isn't just flight and "bullets". Only Tanya has a cannon like spell and even that is just a "bullet". I dunno I feel like all the magic in wartime series lately have done pretty badly with the magic expect of it.

Prove to me right now that we are not in a simulation. That some super intelligent and/or highly advanced race isn't running a universe simulation on some unfathomably powerful computer.

You can't, it's impossible.

The universe is infinite, there are an infinite number of explanations to how we got here, why do you choose God as the reason?

>It's the same situation.
Let's say that all of a sudden something very similar happened to you. You're crossing the street and BAM a drunk driver slams into you & you die.

However your consciousness lingers and you find yourself in the presence of a being. At that point, can you say with 100% certainty that that being is god?

Once again, what if this is a simulation? What if this being is just another construct?

I would argue that it would be stupid to assume that being X was god (relative to being in that situation), simply because why would an all powerful god need to prove it's existence in the first place? Why would it care?

Being X is a fucking asshole, don't give it the satisfaction.

>these salaryman asses

Also does anyone else see Patrick Bateman in ?
>My nature is... warped.

It's not about power. It's about being deserving of worship.

The creator of the universe and patron of the human race is deserving of worship. Some asshole with phenomenal cosmic power is just an asshole.

I missed those, but its rather standard still. The effects they they can apply to the bullets seem fixed. Where does their mana come from? Can they manipulate matter and energy to create effects like freezing water or boiling it? Can they levitate objects from a distance? Could they create napalm bullets? Ground penetrating radar? Redirection of enemy fire? The shows magic just isn't well defined enough.

>hate god
>he reincarnates you into an all-powerful loli
Fucking retarded.

The shadows made me think the guy on the floor was a twink wearing a corset.

Regardless of worship a being of omnipotent and omniscience powers is a God, worship is secondary. If we consider worship as the first aspect of a god then Mcdonalds or tax returns are god

I mean, they are still going for a standard war setting, doing too much magic is too op.

It doesn't need to be. It's a Grand Strategy game replay with a light twist and a justification for a child soldier so the gimmick works.

NO. Just how long have you been in "this" world user.
Loli is all about body, your look.
Even if you're an oldman with little girl looks, you are a loli. And I'll definitely going to rape you if the police allow me to.

so is Tanya a Job or Jonah

>he thinks it's God
>Being X complains about not being able to do his job when God would actually do his job
????

A yangire Jonah.

You are a level zero reader that is not even able to get the stuff thrown directly into your face.
Let us not even talk about the LN, but even in the manga it is implied that being x is not what he claims to be.
We get basicaly everytime he appears shown that he somehow has an actual need for people worshiping him for a sofar unknown reason.
The aniem was even worse as being x already said in the first episode that 7 billion humans and that just on one world are more than he can actually handle.
Yes he said those 7.000.000.000 people on our world alone are too much for him to take care of.
He claims to be a god, but all we know is that he is powerfull, but with clear limits on his capabilites and an agenda of his own (which they did not make that clear in the anime).

She doesn't believe that being x is God. She most likely thinks that being x is a consequence of the universes being created rather not why the universes were created.

how different is the manga from the anime?

This is why you are not writing master piece stories

I guess I personally would've like more variety to the magic, but I do see the main focus is wartime strategy and modern combat with a twist. I still enjoy it but I hope a series with modern combat and deep magic system comes along.

go take a look at nanoha. even the combat magic is more varied there, and they have utility and civilian applications too

>Refuses to admit god is real
Where the fuck did you get that idea? He refuses to worship or put faith in Being X because he hates it. He's even planning on killing Being X, why would you think he doesn't think it's real? People can't premeditate the murders of things that don't exist, user.

>All the magic has been boring, and uninteresting.
>(you)

I'm not writing masterpiece stories because I'd be a lazy and shitty author. But I don't think an in-depth magic system would be too hard to think of in close to or modern day war. Other series have done wonderful jobs with magic systems.

Capital-G "God" is the one true almighty existence responsible for everything in the universe, including but not limited to its very creation.
Lower-case "gods" come in sets and have much more limited powers, although they are still far and beyond the realm of mortal capabilities. They can be partially involved/responsible for creation myths involving the world or even universe, but are never solely responsible.
The difference between God and a god is quite massive.

Manga does better on that part, see alone the training of the recruits from Tanya.
Tanya unlike in the anime did not want them to dig holes and simply endure, she wanted them to counter fire the strikes before they hit.
She wanted the group to be capable with weapons of what she was capable with a single finger, stopping an entire artillery barrage.

>everyone capable of magic needs to be reality-warper-tier to be interesting
Reality-warping powers are often by far the most uninteresting of magical abilities because they're handled so poorly most of the time and the author blows his load with them too early so that they lack a sense of payoff.

Not every single series needs an in-depth magic system.

the potential has to be there. otherwise you're just mass-producing nukes and sniper rifles.

>you're just mass-producing nukes and sniper rifles.
And?

If everyone has a nuke, then nobody has a nuke.

No. You really don't seem to understand

Magic just used to amp up combat power is lazy writing to justify why some characters are orders of magnitude more important in the setting than the average citizen.
If you're going to bring magic to the table you should make it interesting.

The only problem is the "Being X", they should have done an insult like bitch or paper pusher

No not every series need one, but I'd imagine more often than not, it would make the series better. More context and info is usually better than next to none. Its just my preference that I'd like more detail but I imagine most people want defined limits.

No, it's perfectly acceptable writing, as I already outlined in

it could easily be done without magic simply by using his 21st century logistics knowledge. Instead of fighting personally he could be coordinating units and sending them to their maximally useful death.

Thank goodness you're not a writer. Irrelevant details like that being handed out when we already know that magic is something that needs to be drawn out by a specific type of device and has limited applications for defense, offense, and also utility via maximizing personal mobility is more than enough information.

That's not as fun to watch. You're literally saying he should just recite his Victoria replay word-for-word instead of having any twist to it. Are you, perchance, autistic?

Honestly the only way to enjoy this anime is to find that aspect about it that your really love instead of forcing yourself to like all of it's qualities.

I never asked for a diagnosis.

Some people actually read stories for the worldbuilding you know. If a setting is interesting enough you can engage in all kinds of "what-ifs", or speculah how it's called here.

>Seriously, what basis does her lack of belief have at this point?
Self insert for a jap salaryman, don't think too much

Because that's only evidence of a being with powers supernatural, not any religion's god.

What about that does your autism not allow you to comprehend?

Nobody said anything about enjoying things.

I like all of its qualities though. Sounds like you have problems.

Yep, you're autistic. Thanks for confirming you're a waste of my time!

>when we already know that magic is something that needs to be drawn out by a specific type of device and has limited applications for defense, offense, and also utility via maximizing personal mobility
I'm sorry if I missed where this was explained in the show that only devices can draw out someones magical potential and that its applications are limited to flight, physical shields, and enhancing bullets.
Where in what episode this explained? I must be a bad at reading as well as a writer.

Magic is immature in the first place. So it doesn't fit in a WW1 story.

Occultism is ok though.