Is Toriyama even trying anymore?

Is Toriyama even trying anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WXqykmGEs-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is... is that an undertale character in the back?

Is... is that post a JoJo reference?

It's better than the Fat Buu design and the early DB villains tbqh.

>universe 9 has a dark iron dwarf and 3 worgen
>kaioshin is a short dirty jew
Universe 9 confirjed as the Blizzard univetse

>10 fighters for literally the fate of the universe
>doesn't pick the best fighters
th-thanks Goku

Seriously though, why not get Goten or Trunks instead of Roshi? I can understand not getting Future Trunks since he's in another timeline and they might not be able to reach him (not to mention bringing in someone from Time Travel would likely piss off a lot of the other gods)

Why not revive Cell or Freiza? They're fucking evil, sure, but I think they'd be willing to get on board with "the universe not being erased"

holyfuck guys i'm very excited after this episode, cant wait for the next

I'm not sure how much input Toriyama has on this. I recall reading something that he just does broad story ideas and someone else writes the day to day stuff. Either way Dragon Ball Super has been a fun show. I would put the Black arc up there with the Cell Saga and nothing so far has been as bad as the Buu Saga.

I made this exact argument a while ago in another thread. Best reply I got was that Frieza hated Goku so much that he would never work together with him, and that being erased would be preferable to being in Hell for eternity.

Ah last... I couldn't believe it.
It took 78 episodes, but they finaly got the art and thr pacing right.

Holy shit it was unexpected.

Move here

>why not get Goten or Trunks instead of Roshi?

Both are inexperienced and haven't really fought one on one against another opponent unless you count Gotenks. If we consider Return of Goku and Friends special, they needed coaching in that episode by Gohan.

Also it's about creating diversity in the roster. Goten and Kid Trunks have no unique moves or styles to call their own. The fact that a part of the fanbase just wants more saiyans shows how shitty this fanbase can be.

I blame Whis. He should've been impartial like mangafags want you to believe and let Goku and Earth get destroyed by Frieza. They wouldn't be in this mess if he was written consistently.

This. They're about as retarded as every other DB character.

People were really expecting the Gods of Destruction to be edgy and shit? The two we already knew of were fucking cat men.

From a logic point of view bringing in Freeza is potentially a good idea, in universe.

But from a writing perspective it's really shitty. Freeza can never realistically be developed into anything other than a chaotic evil villain. Having him work together alongside the main cast would be incredibly jarring, same thing goes for Cell perhaps to a lesser degree.

But it's just hard to give main series villains some sort of redemption arc while all this other shit is going on.

>get goten and trunks
>the retards who spent their time vs buu dicking around making up new moves every 10 seconds and let themselves get absorbed

they are kids

Whis only revived Earth to try and teach Goku a lesson, as Goku was his student at the time.

Let's be real user, he did it for the food.

No Goten and Trunks because
1-they are kids and will not fight seriously as they should
2- Goku and the others will not tell 2 fucking kids this "look, Goku asked for the tournament, now we have to win, it if we don't we will all die and get erased. Btw dragon balls won't work unless we win. And yes, the other 11 universes will get erase, so only the universe winner will survive. Did I told you that Goku fucked up?"

>Cell and Freeza
What we should be asking is, why no other fighters in the damn universe.

Right now they're trying to keep the whole part about other universes getting destroyed if they lose under wraps. Which means that if Goten and Trunks' moms don't want them fighting, it's going to be hard to justify bringing them in.

And it would also be hard to justify reviving Frieza and Cell without explaining everything either.

>Goku telling kids we are all gonna die.
Motherfucker thats been there since, what, early on in DBZ?
>Hey Gohan, if you dont power up we gon die nigga.
>OH SHIT BOYS YOU CAN KILL BUU! HE'S KILLIN EVERYBODY!

Did the kids give two shits? Nope!
>OH LETS PLAY AROUND AND FIGHT HIM AND NOT BE SERIOUS!
NANNNNNIIII HE KILLED OUR PARENTS TOO!

>The Pixiv art is starting to flow

Not a moment too soon.

>Buu Saga
>Bad
what a pleb

Beerus specifically asked Whis to do that, because he had an interest in Goku.

This time is not only killed, is ERASED.

Gohan had to man up because even the 2 strongest fighters, Goku and Piccolo, had trouble with Raditz when Gohan just got mad and actually hurt Raditz. Right now that isn't the case, Goku and Vegeta are at a god level.
Gohan at least tried as a 5yo. Goten and Trunks just play around too much and rely on fucking fusion which they cannot use in the tournament. Also, gotenks fucked up when fighting Buu.

This time they have more choices at hand anyways. It's possible that the humans, Piccolo, androids and Buu get some sort of power up, because training will happen.

Or if you want, they just want to bring some characters back because fans.

>OH SHIT BOYS YOU CAN KILL BUU! HE'S KILLIN EVERYBODY!
For some stupid reason they forgot about Gohan, be dead or alive. If the dragon balls were used, then namek balls to revive Gohan.

I can honestly understand not bringing back Frieza, but come on now, there's a VERY good argument to make about bringing Cell back.

>why no other fighters in the damn universe.

That's a very good question as well. Surely the fighters that've been gathered up aren't the only fucking ones that are strong? I mean shit, Beerus himself has gotta know somebody from some planet he blew up in the past that'd be strong enough for the tournament. What about any Demons? Surely they don't want their own universe to be erased, regardless of how evil they may be.

Damn, I wouldn't have even mind making Xicor canon for this shit.

There are Metalman in Goku's universe, so at least one race could be useful in this tournament.

You're implying Toriyama was ever trying.

>They didn't make the furry GoD the GoD of universe 9 (which has all furry fighters so far).
Fucking hacks.

>Vegeta gets cucked even in toy ads
youtu.be/WXqykmGEs-U

No one knows, you are probably only faggot who played that shit to mistake Undertale character for Tori's OCs.

If there is a Z villain I wouldn't mind appearing again to defend the universe would be Cell.
Frieza and Buu get exposure all the time, even now,
Cell's unique biology would make him an interesting addition to any team.
While he's evil, his evil revolved around his desire to become the strongest being in the universe, not being a conquering asshole (Frieza) or chaotic evil (Buu)

I like Cell but he is too weak.

He has saiyan genes. He can train.

He has saiyan AND Frieza genes. I think he is overqualified for a quick upgrade

super was a mistake

So assuming there isn't a deus ex machina that keeps Smurf God from destroying the other universes, Goku has pretty much made himself into the worst villain in the franchise by far. Is it time for Goku to be killed off for good yet?

Basically yeah, he's the worst evil in the multiverse. Even his son almost freaked out at him. His only recourse was to assume that Goku could body ZenO, which he can't.

Is Toriyama trying to make us hate Goku at this point? Because it's working.

Its going to end with Goku winning or some bullshit and using the SDB to bring everyone back "So that we call can fight again sometime" i fucking guarentie it

Beerus didn't even have anyone for the U6/7 match, what makes you think he'd know someone now?

Buu saga is better than anything super has made. Super is just trash you autistic spic.

I like the return of the weird beast characters.

o shit its onion-san

I'd love to see Cell back, would create some truly interesting moments. Seeing him talk with Gohan and his villainous successor Buu. Is he Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil? Either one would be a great addition to the roster.

>That's a very good question as well. Surely the fighters that've been gathered up aren't the only fucking ones that are strong? I mean shit, Beerus himself has gotta know somebody from some planet he blew up in the past that'd be strong enough for the tournament.
Freeza's elite forces were the former strongest fighters in the universe an they were killed way back in Namek.

>no Frieza vs Frost
feels bad

This.

Frieza was the strongest in the universe (mortal, and at the time)

So much so that he was on Beeru's radar but beerus let him do his thing because Frieza was good at picking planets to destroy.

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo all 3 mortals which are stronger than Frieza was back then.

Androids 18 and 17 who are both stronger than frieza was back then.

Buu, who is insanely strong when not compared to a god.

I would have no difficulty in believing that Krillin and Tien are at this point 2 of the strongest fighters in the universe.

The only one I disagree with is Roshi, but remember that Jako, an intergalactic patrolman, is constantly surprised at the strength of martial artists on Earth. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the universe was weak sauce.

Remember that apart from his elites, Krillin and Gohan made cannon fodder of Frieza's soldiers.

Dodoria and Zarbon were literally Frieza's right hand men. They were considered that strong on the universal scale.

Ginyu Squad was a super elite top tier unit, and Goku fucking shat all over them even when he was no real match for frieza.

Friendly reminder that all the Hakaishin, Tenshin, and Kaioshin are going to get tired of Zenos shit, and will do a Coup d'état, killing those fuckers, and then replaced them with the Daishinkan.

Do you think Beerus is the only God of Destruction to have actually fought a mortal properly?

Gowasu was shocked as fuck when Beerus told him that him and Goku had fought.

Dicasty's our guy

Your guy.

>you are alright dont come to the tournament tomorrow

I think you're greatly overestimating how strong the other universes are on the whole

I actually wonder if this isn't all a plot by the Grand Priest. Note that we never actually see Zen'o talking about the destroying the universes, it's only the Grand Priest. Whis also wasn't surprised by the announcement.

In this case, they might have stopped Goku from asking Zen'o to stop because it'd reveal Zen'o wasn't the one who had that idea in the first place.

DESU Beerus should have some common sense and ask for Freeza to be revived. He should then tell Whis to train Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and Gohan.

Freeza was stronger than Goku but didnt have the stamina. It just goes to show that Freeza is a prodigy like no other and with training from Whis he'd easily be the strongest in the universe apart from Beerus and Whis.

>The fact that a part of the fanbase just wants more saiyans shows how shitty this fanbase can be.
I also don't understand the cries to bring back Frieza yet again when it was dumb the first time. Reviving old villains some more is the last thing Super needs.

I'd much rather have Tenshinhan and Roshi on board than Cell and Frieza.

>I'd much rather have Tenshinhan and Roshi on board than Cell and Frieza.
Cell sure but Frieza is GOAT.

Could Buu power up by going to the after life with goku instant transmission and absorbing cell and frieza?

>when you volunteer to show off your fighting skills first and your opponent is a fat retard that thinks you're a doggo

That's not how it works.

>mfw piccolo visits king piccolo in hell and merges with him, thus becoming the true and complete nameless namekian

>merging with a guy that has a powerlevel below 200

It was all downhill from there.

Because Freezer and Cell are evil and selfish? These are characters that would rather literally kill themselves to kill Goku/Saiyans than just admit defeat. They were given chances to give up and stop being dicks and they chose to still be dicks and die.

So why would bringing these guys to a place where there are omnipotent gods and beings that destroy universes on whims?

It would be the equivalent of bringing an suicide bomber to disarm a nuclear bomb in a major city because "hey, her knows how bombs work." and expecting him to just go "well, if I fuck with something it would fuck both me and everyone else up, so I better just cooperate."

Once again, Toyotaro version is superior

yeah those are some super nice drapes he's inked.

He's old and senile and wants to rake in more money. Dragonball is dead, the story is finished, he should have started a new manga or something but is too lazy, and without the name "Dragonball" it won't rake in any money.

>merging with kami, with a powerlevel at around fucking 1000, made him more powerful than frieza and base cell, and about equal in power to andorid 17, who could shit all over untrained super saiyans

Really looking forward to Buu vs Doggo, hope they don't fuck it up.

>toriyama
>trying

they will

>Kirby about to swallow Star Fox in Smash Brothers.jpg

wha?

Goten and Trunks are weak alone and have to use fusion to be comparable to most other fighters, they won't take it seriously, and are most likely to irritate either Zen. While either would be better than Roshi, they are also supposed to be putting on a show for a chaotic god.

Why not Freiza or Cell? Neither take orders. Both also highly likely to piss off Zen, likely to run, and neither are people you want around after the tournament considering how both of them are willing and eager to blow up Earth.

The only reasonably strong villain who'd behave themselves is probably Captain Ginyu

>why not cell

Hell isn't canon. Cell never went to the afterlife and was obliterated on the spot by Gohan.

>Hell isn't canon

Then explain where Frieza went before he was revived

The same time I agree with you, I'm happy we are getting Krillin, Tien and Piccolo back to the action, and I'm expecting a lot about Roshi, really want to see he fighting.

Roshi was probably picked because he has a million tricks from Dragon Ball that no one else uses

I really hope they won't arbitrarily declare these weaklings to be superstrong for no reason. The Exhibition match already has the three strongest warriors from earth (barring Vegeta) so that's fine, but for the side characters... I really hope Toriyama does the intelligent thing and explains their sudden power boost by letting Whis and/or Beerus and/or Supreme Kai train them. They both have a vested interest in making sure Earth's champions are as strong as they can be, considering they too are doomed if their universe is erased. And considering Whis himself trained even Beerus, he'd probably have the ability to make earth's chosen really strong given enough time. Maybe not God level, but certainly SSJ2/3 level? Strong enough to be comparable to Buu?

I imagine that there are weaker fighters from other universes as well and Roshi will be fighting other low tiers

>being this retarded
Next you're going to tell me Kid Buu never died. He just reformed into a good human poo in the loo baby on his own.

>Goten and Trunks are weak
lol nigga, tien+roshi+krilin would not beat goten or trunks even in 3vs1

marketing, you idjit:

apart from goten and trunks being inexperienced, like the others said it's mostly for marketing reasons. everybody knows the characters that will fight in the tournament. people will watch it. this brings toriyama and toei money.

also: y'all faggots have complained that super has gotten the vegeta and goku show and other characters aren't useful anymore and now they put them in the spotlight and all you do is complain

there's absolutely no pleasing you faggots

Why is Goku so impressed that the Furry is good with KICKS? At the end of the day, all that matter in DB fights are Ki Blasts.

Frieza still cowtowed to Beerus even after getting his golden form.
There is no logical reason what so ever for Beerus to not bring him back to life.

Heaven. He was being tortured in heaven for eternity.
He means the anime only hell editions.
Remember, Cell is a machine and doesn't have a soul.

Modern anime is just lazy outsourced shit. That's all.

again comparing a movie to the tv show.

still no excuse for the bad animation of episode 5. yet not a good comparison

last 2 eps were kinda good, they were different but good, i hope it will stay at least on that level

Another thing I've noticed with Anime in the last couple years is that they darken the screen whenever a lot of effects are happening?

I don't know why they do it it looks absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not sure if dragonball has ever done it but I think so.

Tien lasted a long time in the Buu saga, so chances are with his dedicated focus to training to Goten and Trunks messing around all the time, I'd say he's probably stronger.

No one is training either boy. Goku and Vegeta are both selfish and would rather train themselves than their children.

Didn't Cell kill hundreds of people, though? I don't want to forgive that.

1. tien is just a human, no way hes stronger than frieze in namek saga
2. goten and trunks are growing up kids, its like comparing irl 8yo to 12yo, 12yo will be stronger, so we can assume both of them are stronger than they were in buu saga

Considering that Cell killed Trunks for fun, I'd say that he's chaotic evil.

Why does the screen darken happen?

I first noticed this on the SnK opening when eren cuts that titan's neck.

>tfw can't find a 1080p Fusion Reborn torrent with seeders

Tien was capable of injuring Cell's second stage in the Cell Saga so that automatically makes him tougher than Frieza

>injuring
well thats your interpretation, all i saw was push him back for few seconds, cell didnt even feel it tbqh