She was terribly edgy, fucking terrible character and villain

She was terribly edgy, fucking terrible character and villain.

No motivation for her actions but
>lel it's fun

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60426094
pastebin.com/66Kk5MVB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok

I thought the motivation was to show overlord doing the "beat the enemy without effort" trope.

Fun is a very good motivation for actions.
Fun is why you watch anime.
Fun is why you made this post.
Fun is what you should strive for in your life.

Given that nobody can prove a meaning of life, fun is as good a reason as any other, if not better.

She deserves a hug at lest.

/thread

that was the point retard. shes an unlikable cunt and its satisfying to see her get rekt

So did the aristocrats just rape that mage girl's sister?

she wasnt supposed to be likeable. and her motivations were simply the following:

she was extremely gifted in an environment full of mundane people, which led to her getting extremely bored with others and in turn seeing them as lesser beings and using them as vessels to get rid of her frustration through the means of sadism

She might have been a decent person if she was raised among heroes or something.
If anything pity her, I dont think she was ever truly happy.

That was why she was perfect. She was such a cunt, you wouldn't feel bad about raping her into submission, and breaking her mind.

underrated post

she did. she was just a very lonely person really

Holy shit /thread

>hedonism can't be a good motivation
wew lad

It's a perfectly reasonable motivation, ennui tends to drive people with more passion than Saitama crazy. Ainz would be crazy too if he didn't have low self-esteem and rampant paranoia keeping him occupied.

There is not a binary set of rules that says a villain must have backstory and relatable motivation to be good. Clementine's strength or weakness as a villain rides on whether or not you give a shit about who she killed, not why she killed them. She's a good introduction that teaches Ainz the evil he's dealing with is very real and it can't be reasoned with. I'm not nuts about her but she fulfills her purpose well.

you could see that as a "failure to connect", if you get what I mean.
She had no one who she could really connect to and she grew rotten due to it.
It comes down to basic human psychology, deep down the original person that she was just wanted to connect with others.

This sort of feeling is hard to understand for someone that hasnt gone through it. A human being needs stimulus.
Its very lonely at the top.

She's sexy, I want to breed with her

>It comes down to basic human psychology, deep down the original person that she was just wanted to connect with others.

So she is a discount Aizen?

>She's a good introduction that teaches Ainz the evil he's dealing with is very real and it can't be reasoned with
What's this shit about
Ainz doesn't give a fuck about her brand of "evil" and Clem could have absolutely been reasoned with or re-educated, Ainz just didn't care to try. He measured her value to be less than that of the glimmer of nostalgia the Black Blades gave him so he killed her for what he admits to be petty and vindictive reasons.

She fits because Overlord is a terrible anime.

she has a brain malfunction where the only things she finds enjoyable is the suffering of others, many here are similar although less extreme

In a world that actually has levels and skills where you get progressively stronger and freer the more you train and kill others, it'd be more insane to not be sadistic.

Actually killing has not been shown to increase power. Training definitely does for natives but it's as yet unknown if there's any value to be gained from shaking peasants.

yes that's why she died

I am actually surprised there was no lich stronger than Ainz in that world, lichdom is a actual thing, and you can still level up after becoming one.

Its strange that there is no powerful lich in a world where undead is a thing.

It's kind of hard to care about the authenticity of her motivation when the result is a character that can make me cum 3 times in 2 minutes without even touching myself.

I think the idea is that most of them get killed before they can get to a fraction of the level of Ainz.

Presumably most stronger undead were destroyed in previous wars between players and lesser undead tend to get cleared out by adventurers. Also few spellcasters seem interested in undeath at all which seems a touch odd, but I guess when it's the average caster's life dream to be able to cast more than one Fireball studying necromancy is a bit of a luxury.

So has Ainz found any actual players yet in the manga?

Why does she need more? I don't understand why retards think there has to be a deep or grandiose meaning to everything. Some people just do things because they want to, what a shocker!

Nope. Some of their descendants are still running around though.

ultimately this is what it boils down to. You can over-analyze the shit out of her character but the truth is that she amounted to nothing in the face of Ainz petty and vindictive whims.

Hella underrated post

No need to get broken up about it.

And thus it was FUN to watch a shitty character die.

>Doubting that fun is a legit motivation

Read up on any serial killer ever, fucko.

The frogcat is cute please do not bully.

So-bin likes her too, and might actually get his waifu back into the story soon since her corpse is still probably with ST

she had a punchable face

>Anime only fag

I imagine we'll see her again in some capacity, her Chekhov's Missing Corpse almost guarantees it. I can't imagine what she'd contribute other than being a measuring stick for Climb or something considering how power levels have been ramping up and how much weaker she probably is post-res.

>She
Who is "she", anyway? Asking for a blind friend who happens to be blind

Shame she never got fucked until ahegao&pregnancy by a bunch of orcs or a group of adventurers she tried to kill.

MY SWEET CLEMENTINE
SHOULDA BEEN WOULDA BEEN COULDA BEEN

which mage girl?

She was essentially the type of lowish-mid tier player who just focused on PVP'ing low level players, but got one-shotted by anyone on her actual level.

I don't think there've been any orcs in the LN yet, just goblins, ogres, and trolls. No greenskin on humie rape either, goblins don't share human ideals of beauty and ogres/trolls only eat humans. Elves on the other hand, those dudes love rape.

>No motivation for her actions but
>lel it's fun
Fucking secondary

>all those anime-onlyfags
I just know that the people that shit in Overlord just don't fucking read the source material, Clementine do what she do because of resentment towards her family and the black scripture, his brother was always better than her and her parents always prefer his brother and like she says she was rape until mindbreak by the black scripture (or elves, not clear)

Ninya from those swords of darkness jobbers that girl in OP beat up.

She was rape by a dragon

Ainz' full power has been shown (more or less) so she can't really spill the beans on that anymore.

If anything they'll just revive her to try and get some info on him, though she might have trauma from the hug.

I'd kind of want her to be a servant but I doubt that'd be plausible.

Kind of wish that Brain had turned into a zombie like in the WN, too.

Man that's some really nice art.

I'm like 98% gay so I'm probably not gonna jack off to it but still, some really nice art.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60426094

>Does a lot of futa
thanks for the artist, user

>Does a lot of futa
>only one is futa and all the other are traps
Dumb nigga

So few artwork of this bitch, fuck

In the very same bit in the LN she said she was lying out of her ass about her family and the rape. She only tortures and kills for shits and giggles.

>fun things are fun.
~user

Nigga, there's a reason I post a image of her fucking brother, shit is supported by the WN and extra material, she was just playing dumb

There's proof at this point that what she said has truth to it.

Dont stick your dick in crazy user

Can somebody post her death webm?

>overlord character is badly written
Woah, what a revelation.

it fucking sucks

Clem was brutally raped as a child wasn't she?

Shit character only good for rape and crushing to death.

I keep reading your horse shit, but I don't see any justification. People have been through worse and not done evil things, she is just a piece of shit that Ainz had to take to the curb.

You've kind of missed lack of parental love, suffocation by always being compared to her nii-sama, rape in childhood\teens, captivity and torture, also I imagine gifted individuals in Slane Theocracy don't have much of a choice when it comes to service to their country.
Nobody probably asked her if she would like to be a soldier, risk her life, kill and risk her life.
She's not a psychopath, she has empathy, just got mindbroken over accumulated horrible experiences and come to enjoy inflicting pain on others.
Also that ass.

Also to supplement Nigga: you've described Renner, not Clementine.

I don't recall the BD being this "defined".

>BD
The what?
You get all this from the scene in the slums when she's killing time waiting for Nfirea to get back from Carne.
The missed this shit completely in anime, read the LN.
>“Ah, I like torture too”, the woman added with a smile.
>After listening to this abnormal reason, the man made a serious face, “You… Why, are you so crazy?!”
>“Why?” All of a sudden the facial expression of the woman changed, her voice tone too.
>There was no trace of her usual crazy attitude, “What exactly is the reason?
>Because I had to keep killing for my job?
>Because I was always compared to my big brother who was too excellent?
>My parents devoted all their love to him?
>Perhaps because I was gang raped back when I was still weak?
>Because my best friend died in front of me?
>Maybe because after messing up and getting captured, I was tortured for days?
>The scorching pear is really painful, you know.”

It's a very easy and simple way to make teens think they're looking at a deep, complex and mature character.

>BD
It says TokyoMX in the top right you twit.

Being clem is suffering.

That's because I never try to justify her actions nor is the point of this thread, the point is that she has a reason for being a crazy bitch that kill people, you dumb nigga

Well she's most likely resurrected by now.
If she ever crosses path with Ainz again - she's guaranteed to get preferential treatment, most likely an offering a job and a bite of authority and resources of SKAOG.
Ainz is very fond of the melee lessons she taught him while he was still a greenhorn in close combat.
Regrettably Gazef declined Ainz proposal to join Nazarick, Clem being a fugitive from most powerful nation in the vicinity AND having a taste of Ainz personal power can probably overcome meager hug incident they have for excellent prospects.
Ainz would want her in his "collection" because he wanted Gazef and Clem is stronger than Gazef.
She wouldn't even need to change her mindset to fit in Nazarick: Demi can throw her side jobs at Happy Farm occasionally to keep her impulses in check.

The slane theocracy and the previous players made sure to create an environment in which humans could live and killed a lot of things.
Probably some lichs too.

Nigga what? Renner is a just a psychopath and she's view as a genius by her family

So-bin please go

>has excellent inborn abilities
>nobody could understand and connect with her because of the gap in abilities
>she came to view other people as stupid cattle not worthy of her attention
>eventually lack of understanding and socializing turned her into sadist
Literally Renner.

W-want to read my Clemfanfic!?

It's kinda of beautiful how now she found someone who understands her. Demi best

So, i take it it's like how we figured out that Renner is working with Demiurge long before the volume 10.
Author likes to imply stuff without telling outright and drop shit ton of hints.
Where is definitely enough of truth in Clem's lie to worker to theorise why Clem is Clem.
And Ainz, despite talking how he didn't cared about the Swords of Darkness, did actually cared about them at some level. Not enough to go through all resurrection troubles tho

>meager hug incident
I doubt it, hugs like those are very hard to ignore.
But she'd probably do well in the happy farm.

Demi is best boy because of best SB.

>hard to ignore
Nobody saying anything about ignoring.
She needs protection from Theocracy who have very long arms and siding with their opponent is most logical choice.
I'm sure Ainz would make up to her.
She looks like she's got room to grow, Nazarick can make her stronger and yes, Happy Farm would be a natural application of her quirks.
It this thread at page 10 because it's slow?

Clem is also somewhat on Ainz mind more or less constantly.
Since she knows both his public and secret identities and since he remembers her warrior lessons fondly.
He might not have defeated Shalltear on his own without these lessons.
Another point is Albedo's ongoing investigation: Clem is bound to know about MC WCI and arguably she's closer to Albedo's network than any of TS higher ups.
Scriptures will stay home now since decision to press elves was taken and to recuperate after getting Nazarekt twice.

>It this thread at page 10 because it's slow?
Nuh, we just don't have enough new overlord content to keep the discussion.
Speaking of Clementine's corpse, is no one cares about the Kajit? That grumpy but dorky necromancer? Ainz is pretty much what he wished to become.

I do user -kun

When are they gonna animate Arche puking?

Never
Like how they will never animate SPLAT
Or JUST

What is there to lose in making a second season and NOT a recap movie of one of the more popular LN/WNs?

>is no one cares about the Kajit?
Common headcanon is that Zuranon will pledge their loyalty to Ainz just as Fluder did.
Kajit is somewhat part of that package deal.

I just finished the second chapter in vol 4, when does it get good?

IT'S CLIMB TIME

Not even kidding.

In the next volume. Wait, no. In the volume after the next.

pastebin.com/66Kk5MVB
B-be gentle.

What a load of bullshit.