9/10 It was OK

9/10 needs work

Mitsuha is perfect

It was surprisingly good

10/10

10/10

The pasta was better.

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

something something 10/10 masterpiece

Other people like it so we dont

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

inb4 404

Keit-ai already has a TV Tropes page, so stop posting it.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/Keit-Ai

10/10 would body swap with Mitsuha and grope her tits again

Damn, that captcha takes me back.

Every day until we like it?

10/10

Absolutely no joke.

Very good love the BG art

The whole meteor thing was retarded, the ending makes no sense and it's full of convenient plot holes, shinkai should stop making plot in his movies.

I quite enjoyed it but anyone who thinks it's Oscar material is delusional. It's tailor made for ronery otaku.

>It's tailor made for ronery otaku.
But it's hugely popular with normalfags.

I loved it, so I don't care.

>The whole meteor thing was retarded
Why
>the ending makes no sense
It made plenty of sense
>it's full of convenient plot holes
like what

>>it's full of convenient plot holes
>like what
They couldn't work out the 3-year difference.

Honestly 10/10. I went to watch it three times and I framed a 50x70 cm movie poster to my wall, it has to be one of my favorite anime movies.

I think "Why in the ever-loving fuck is this movie coming out in April for NA? Is Funi stupid? I don't think I'm still going to give a shit by then. The hype is whining down."

>They couldn't work out the 3-year difference.
They did work it out though.

A solid 9.5 out of 10, pretty good. Actually going to buy the tape when it comes out

Masterpiece

Bullshit. If they had worked it out then Mitsuha wouldn't have been surprised when she went to Tokyo and Taki didn't know who she was. Same with Taki calling Mitsuha and her phone being unavailable.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love this movie, but I just can't ignore this one.

My honest opinion on it

Hear me out.

What if , just what if, they believed that they weren't from the same world? And in a sense they really weren't, they were from different times entirely. It's not strange that when something magic-like such as this happens that they don't find it strange that they're not able to call each other.

They do work out that there's a time difference, taki when he visits the site and sees the exact same scenery and Mitsuha somewhat does when she meets Taki in tokyo,

>Why
Because while it's technically possible, I can't take seriously a dramatic love story revolving a girl getting killed by a meteor
>It made plenty of sense
Like how she convinced his father to have people go to the school to avoid the meteor
>like what
The three years gap doesn't work, it's stupid they both didn't notice incongruities (for example they were talking through an agenda; well, the days can't be the same given they aren't living in the same period)

10/10 movie

>I can't take seriously a dramatic love story revolving a girl getting killed by a meteor
Well that's just your preference, i don't see how accepting that plot point is a stretch given that you watch anime

>Like how she convinced his father to have people go to the school to avoid the meteor
How didn't that make sense? She was able to get all the residents moving toward the school in the first place b/c of the terrorist stuff, all she had to do with her dad is show him the meteor splitting in the air and that was probably enough to push him to continue the 'drill'

>The three years gap doesn't work, it's stupid they both didn't notice incongruities (for example they were talking through an agenda; well, the days can't be the same given they aren't living in the same period)
What makes you think that they believed they were in the same world or universe to begin with? They never even really wanted to meet each other until it was too late.

Subjectively it just scrapes 7/10.
I feel it's higher than a 6.5/10, but giving it 6.75 seems silly.

Animation was technically high quality but not interesting stylistically.
Drama felt forced.
I enjoyed it more than 5cm/s, but I just don't like Shinkai's style that much.

it's-not-5cm/10

>What if , just what if, they believed that they weren't from the same world?
Implausible. Mitsuha went to Tokyo fully expecting Taki to know who she was and react when she introduced herself just as "Taki, um, it's me". I think if she really did think it was a different world then she wouldn't have gone to Tokyo.

>How didn't that make sense?
Because he decided to believe in stupidies based on... nothing? The whole plan of theirs was dumb, but that was something on a whole new level.
>They never even really wanted to meet each other until it was too late.
Have you even watched the movie?
Stop fanfictioning, this is not Keit-ai.

It was okay but a disappointment after all the hype.

i want to put my penis on her

Koe no Katachi was better. Sasuga, KyoAni.

Koe no Katachi was a mediocre adaptation of a poor manga.

5 cm was better.

What the fuck does that have to do with Your Name?

Why is Sup Forums pretending to have liked this boring garbage?
>generic story
>generic characters
>generic setting
>trash animation with CGI all over the place
>mediocre soundtrack

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Alright, let me rephrase that then. I don't think they were body swapping for too long, and they're just both dumb kids at that point so it's not that far fetched to think that they didn't work out all the details in the short time that they had; and even if Mitsuha believed that they were in the same world, I don't think Taki was 100% convinced - you could see his hesitation in going on the trip to look for the site of the village since he somewhat thought of it as a crazy idea.

>all these 10/10s

IGN?

Taki literally went on a trip to find her, you're just making things up.

>Because he decided to believe in stupidies based on... nothing? The whole plan of theirs was dumb, but that was something on a whole new level.
It wasn't nothing though, the comet was plainly visible and a big chunk of it was visibly broken off, they could see it in the sky, mitsuha even acknowledges it as she's running through the town.

The townsfolk are already pretty much at the highschool anyways, the only decision that he really has to make is to postpone cancelling the 'evacuation' to satisfy his daughter.

>Have you even watched the movie?
Of course I have, and they weren't focused on meeting one another until they had lost contact - it was only at that point that they realized that they had something for each other. Notice how Mitsuha was surprised at how she was shedding tears after setting up Taki and his senpai; she wasn't completely aware of her own feelings at that point. Taki was in the same boat, he was more concerned with keeping his life in order and trying to figure out what the hell is going on rather than discovering how he really felt about Mitsuha.

9.5/10
MEDIOCRE

>Taki literally went on a trip to find her, you're just making things up.
He did, but he wasn't convinced that the place actually existed until he met locals. This implies that he wasn't completely convinced that 'Mitsuha' was a resident of his world. The dude was grasping at straws, all he had to go on was pictures of the scenery and the whole scenario is really far fetched, but that's what makes it endearing and romantic. He was willing to cast out to find Mitsuha when no such meeting was ever guaranteed.

>Why didn't they figure out they were three years apart?
It's a bit of a stretch regardlessly, but you can see their phones' agendas don't show the year or which day of the week it is so they wrote notes on each other's phone without knowing they were writing them three years early/late respectively. They swapped 11 times over a month and a half and it happened almost always on days where it would be a regular weekday for both of them. There was one time where it was a weekend which Taki mistook for a weekday, when he wore Mitsuha's uniform but then the family went to make the offering on the mountain, he simply didn't dwell on it. They explained they felt like they were in a dream when swapped, and I don't notice stuff like the exact date when I dream (or even when I do, my mind doesn't immediately register it's not the supposedly correct one).

>It wasn't nothing though, the comet was plainly visible and a big chunk of it was visibly broken off, they could see it in the sky, mitsuha even acknowledges it as she's running through the town.
Do you know how fast a meteor falls?
If they could see the fragment approaching, it was already too late.
>Of course I have
I have my doubts, because none of the characters have ever wondered if the other was actually from the same world, so stop using that as an argument for everything related to the movie. Which is actually what doesn't make sense, for they should've noticed something was wrong, like the dates on their phones.
It's even stupid they didn't try to use skype, whatsapp or whatever to get in touch when they live in the current year.

They could've not noticed that at first, but they kept switching for a lot.

>Do you know how fast a meteor falls?
>If they could see the fragment approaching, it was already too late.
If I remember correctly, the meteor split at about 19:40 and the impact was registered in the previous timeline at 20:42. Mitsuha reached her father shortly after witnessing the meteor split, tripping and getting back up, so they had almost an hour to evacuate. They did state not everyone was completely out of the impact site and there were about 100 injured, although no casualtes.

Better than any of the crap hollywood movies of the past 17 years.

10/10

That's not how meteors work.

>Sup Forums actually thinks this is a 10/10

Jesus fucking Christ and I thought reddit had awful tastes....

It's how it worked in the movie anyway.

*tips katana*

>Do you know how fast a meteor falls?
>If they could see the fragment approaching, it was already too late.
Suspension of disbelief. There's magic going on and you're complaining about the meteor? When there's shit like magic you can't expect physics to work out the same way as it does in real life.

>because none of the characters have ever wondered if the other was actually from the same world
I never said that they actually wondered in the movie about that, I was just trying to make a point that taki had doubts and that it's at least somewhat implied that he wasn't 100% convinced this was all actually real life.

So this part of the convo branched off from discussing that I believed that they didn't want to meet one another until they lost contact with one another (body swapping stops, pre Taki trip). and ONE of the reasons why they might not have been in a rush to meet one another would probably have been the ludicrous nature of their situation. If you're not sure you love the girl, and if you're not sure she even exists and even if she exists if you're not sure she's in YOUR world, all these might make you hesitate in trying to meet the girl asap.

objectively: 7.5
total enjoyment level: 8.5
sum: 8

my view on it after going back to watch miyazaki movies: 7

nowhere near masterpiece, better than moana, below zootopia

6/10

this is an average Jap/ East Asian movie if you ask me

t. Asian

i liked the soundtrack, watched it on an airplane tho so my view of it might be a little skewed