Boogiepop Phantom

What does Sup Forums think about Boogiepop Phantom?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWUteeDKaGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5LIPIGNAzR8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm surprised none it was never adapted into a proper anime, although I think the LNs are still being published. They were supposed to be pretty big in Japan back in the 90s-00s, I wonder if it'd still have a chance today.

loved it.
Music is great and I can't remember which episode it was but the one with the 2 cops talking was GOAT

It's one of my favorites, just based on the atmosphere it creates. Reading the LNs is on my bucket list, but I doubt I'll ever get around to it considering how many there are.

I still listen to the soundtrack regularly after all these years.

That one scene where the girl bumps into a policeman? and then gets squashed and packed into the car is nice.

And yeah, the OST is awesome.

Is it just me or was the show hard to follow?

Yes, chronological order was fucked up really hard.

needs to be remade properly

Wasn't it properly made?

great anime, rewatched multple times.

Yeah but the anime was more of a side story, hence a remake of the entire series a la Monogatari (but not in shaft style) would be great.

Is he our guy?

Great atmosphere, art style and sound direction, genuinely creepy and disturbing at times (an achievement for anime), but ultimately too confusing for me to really enjoy.

I remember the show making more sense after watching the live action movie, but I don't remember literally anything about the live action movie anymore, other than the OST being fantastic and not sounding like other Kajiura OSTs.

Doesn't help that most of the characters look the same and aren't really distinguishable personality wise, but I found the chronological order interesting, the realization of which episode was a past or current event was satisfying.

still good song.

youtube.com/watch?v=rWUteeDKaGQ

You need to read first novel to understand anime properly, yeah.

>Doesn't help that most of the characters look the same and aren't really distinguishable personality wise
This was my biggest problem with the show. I found myself mistaking one character for another more often than I'd like to admit. Didn't help that it was already pretty confusing to begin with. Still enjoyed it overall, though.

Same here, I was confused mostly because I have issues remembering characters and it was especially difficult here. Still, the story was nice and I remember enjoying it.

Loved it.

It's one of my favorites, even though it's pretty confusing, just based on the great atmosphere it has.

ending was cool as well
youtube.com/watch?v=5LIPIGNAzR8