SAO isn't that bad

SAO isn't that bad.

Yes, if you drop it before ep9.

You can always tell whether a thread like this is meant to be a shitpost magnet by how generic the OP pic is

It sure was entertaining for some episodes . It was good as a harem/trainwreck/stupid and entertaining show but the fact that some peopletake it seriously as a well written show makes it shit

SAO first season: 8/10
SAO second season: 7/10 and it would be a 9/10 if it was just death gun arc.

>the fact that some peopletake it seriously as a well written show makes it shit
You niggers post this over and over when no one in Sup Forums really believes this
>hurr durr the normalfags outside of Sup Forums do
Why the fuck would you care what they think? I'm sure Sup Forums doesn't care about their opinions for the majority of other anime except the really really popular ones, when suddenly they become relevant

Will you guys like it more if they animated SAO: Progressive instead?

The second season is shit.
At least the first season was a nice comfy love story.

It objectively has more character development and setting development than Jojo which Sup Forums praises.

Sure. SAO's main draw was never the MMO setting (which they did poorly) but Kirito and Asuna being a cute couple
That's literally all a good portion of readers in Japan cares about

Even if this is true, this post is the equivalent of tossing a match into a barrel of gasoline

lol people will always point to DiU as the pinnacle of character development in jojo which is just essentially "if I beat them up hard enough they'll turn nice!!"

Any Jojo arc for story-telling outside of 1/7/8 is shit.

But Jojo is ironic and self aware.

>lol

So are you guys going to see the movie?

>comparing sao to an objectively 9/10 like Steel Ball Run

>lol

It's time for you to die.

Fuck objectivity, anime is art.

It really isn't. SAO has gone through the cycle where it was babbys first anime and overhyped and overrated to death by newfags. Then when those newfags realized how faggy they were being they did a complete 180 and started calling it the worst anime ever made. It's just a poorly written anime with decent production values.

When alicization started i was pretty hype for SAO but now it's pretty clear kawahara is milking the series and it will be another few years before we get a new premise and a transition into accel world

Sure, it looks great
I'm always up for watching good looking anime movies, especially ones that A-1 spent money on

season 1 was a contant fight and aa few momments for relaxation, what the hell you mean by comfy.

>a few momments for relaxation
Not him but
>frog legs
>fishing with the old man
>sandwiches motherfucker
>try this mayo, it's great
>hey Asuna cook this rare bunny for me
>hey now we have an AI child
I don't think people would have minded as much if the entire show was about them living in that cabin and raising Yui while going on occasional forays to the dungeons
None of that "if you die you die for real" bullshit

Not all series require character development or setting development. For example, many detective stories don't need either of those things. What a series needs depends on what it's trying to do.

I think it's just that the action scenes were so forgettable that all people remember is the time he put honey on a piece of bread, or was lying around in a field of grass, looking at the sky.

The whole cabin scenes. also the anime is more pleasing to the eye, SAO 2 looks cheap compared to the first one.

>the action scenes were so forgettable
This. The only action scene I remember was Kirito fighting the Blood Oath commander because that was an even match and Kirito actually lost at the end

That and the one where he blazed through a horde of NP guardians in ALO with two swords because it was ridiculous
>holding both swords in front and jetting up like a missile

Of course. I wonder if there will be any goodies at the screenings.

>the action scenes were so forgettable
There are few well-animated fights in the entire show. One was the fight against Eugene. And then some magic happened or something, and all the fights in Mother's Rosario were actually really nice. There were actually parts that were done in 1's. And Sword Skills (or OSS, whatever) were actually animated as opposed to being a flurry of flashing laser lights.

Shit taste, user

SAO isn't that bad if all you are after is wish fulfillment where you can self insert as a loser who happens to be good at games, gets a cute gf and a bunch of girls to hang off his dick.

Basically it's shallow as fuck.

But JoJo isn't that character-driven and doesn't take itself as serious.

"SAO is the Twilight of anime" is a meme elitists force to make themselves feel better. It's not pinnacle of writing, but no worse than average shounen shit either.

Please give me your attention
I'll introduce to you
A man that is a credit to
Our Chinese animu!
His author is even dumber
yet his show isn't a flop!
he is a common Mary Sue
and his name is Mr. Glop.
And Glop he thinks he may
Be a decent protagonist some day.

[CHORUS]
Oh, Mr. Glop,
you were born by mistake,
You take the caek.
You make us ache.
Tie a rock to your cock
and go jump in a lake.
Kindly do that for anime's sake!

Yes, Mr. Glop is lucky; he found a girl, by gee!
He got himself seven bitches, they even cooked and cleaned for free.
They went into a dungeon, came out with enough gold to fill a truck,
And when they got back in the evening, they argued whose turn it was to fuck.
So he shouted, "If you give each other's crotches a lick, I'll do you all right quick!"

Glop hiked back to the city, but wasn't happy laying low.
He said, "I'll join a guild, the great K. of the B.O."
He went out for training in the morning, nearly got killed before noon.

He'd be out there pushing daisies, if his waifu hadn't ran to him so soon!
The guild leader said, "You see,
You've got my apology."

When the final battle came he shouted, "Let's you and I fight fair!"
The GM did oblige him, gee in anime that's rare,
But the second time it happened, Mr. Glop nearly faced defeat.

Till he overcame his opponent,
And stabbed him in the street!

Unfortunately, I'm sad to say, Mr. Glop has yet to die,
He's still making the plebs squee and causing us to all ask, "Why?"

He has a movie coming, a third season too!
Prolonging the agony to be suffered by me and you.

And his author says, even the story hasn't all come out.
So we'll probably keep seeing Mr. Glop until the money all runs out!

(With apologies to Joe Hill)

>criticizing a kid's show for being a kid's show.
neo Sup Forums pls go

it kinda is though

it commits every sin an isekai possibly can

also the justification for every arc after the main one is really stupid

>SAO
>characters

It's a good premise, but it skips over almost every detail and generates only situations that make the MC look cool, even if they don't make sense.

Also there's some misunderstanding about why he hides his super secret ability for so long.

I don't know why people hate the Alfheim arc aside from it being rushed and Asuna being the victim.

I will agree that the villain is ridiculously stupid though.

Agreed.

Is that a Jojo reference?

I hated the Alfheim arc because it turned Asuna from a badass chick who could handle her own into a helpless damsel who could only help kittytoe by throwing him a fucking key card. The scene in the laboratory where she got recaptured made me want to throw something heavy at my screen.

is this a jingjalngo's cooky expierence reference? XXDDDD

The first half is just as bad as the second. Stop trying to make it sound like the first half is worth a damn.

No, it's legit pretty terrible. The first couple of episodes are allright, but the show then quickly proceeds to shit the bed.