DL live action cast

What does Sup Forums think of this?

As long as he can nail the quirkiness of L im fine with it

The only real physical traits that matter with L are his eyes and posture

>L is a black character
I hate kirafags

Most of us weren't going to watch it anyway.

I'm just waiting for Dafoe as Ryuk.

Can the people in it actually act? If so, great.

t-this

And the fact that hes super pale....

As long as his performance is good enough to offset the MUH DIVERSITY that ruined the physical appearance

Finally it's out. Black dude gets outsmarted by the white dude and ends up dying. Death Note is fucking RACIST.

This is not, and never will be ok in tv/movies. L is 25% Russian/ European/ American/ and Japanese. He is literally snything BUT black.

Sup Forums we need help.

Not if they go with the script of the movies.

>Russia, Europe and America have never had any sort of history with black genes
Fuck, I always forget.

No. You have forsaken Sup Forums You reap what you sow, enjoy your diversity and feminism.

The entire cast has been race swapped.
Everyone who's supposed to be Asian is White.
Why, at this point do you decide to zero in on the one black race swap considering everything else?

>Americans and Europeans are never black
You are wrong

I can't speak for any of the other actors, but this guy playing L is a good actor and can definitely nail the quirkiness.

Pale doesnt mean white you dumb fuck

Holy shit he can nail it perfectly given what he did in atlanta

>L will eat watermelons instead of cakes
>"Watari, bring me some KFC"
>"I am, Beyoncè, jk I'mL, I just allways wanted to be Beyonce"
>"Will you promise to join me?here, I'll give you some nuggets"

I never said that

ebin simply ebin

Yeah, I can certainly think of a lot of ethnic Europeans that are black.

We're not talking about America as a whole faggot, we are talking about 1 person. And even if what you say is true, the one irrefutable fact from the source material is that L was not black.

Change the Major character from Ghost in The Shell and its white washing.
Change L into a black dude and it's progressive bold choice.
Really makes you think

>L
>a nigger

Classic hollywood keep this shit off Sup Forums thanks.

I don't know about you, but i've only seen people complain about both.

It's especially retarded in L's case however since literally everyone is race swapped anyway.

It's a pretty irrelevant fact though, L's character isn't defined by his whiteness. He could be played by a Mexican woman and function the exact same way

Just gonna post this here.

>black europeans
>black Japanese
>black russians
Nah ethnicities share a gene pool. One could be a Russian citizen and black but not ethnically Russian.
The only possible ethnicity for blacks in that list is American. And that would make him 1/4 black not 100% kangz

Protip: the one drop rule wasn't invented by black people

Why didn't they just cast Snoop Dogg as L?

>"L's character isn't defined by his whiteness"
The fact that he's white as a ghost says a lot about his character just by looking at him

Pro tip:
The one drop rule doesn't turn people into afro-americans

animes are white not asian

WE

Snoop wouldve outshined the rest of the cast man cmon

I know youre baiting but holy shit man get real

too high to outsmart anyone

>a charecteers outward appearance is an irrelevant fact

oh ok gee, then lets make don Quijote black, nick fury white, and super man asian. I understand what you are getting at, but a persons skin color is a part of who they are.

Now this is racist

Why is this racist? the problem isn't the skin color, but changing the skin color later on. I shouldve clarified

Sup Forums doesn't care about live action adaptations fuck off

Fucking hell

>nick fury white

He was.

It says he doesn't spend a lot of time outdoors.

There are black shut-ins too.

WUZ

GINUS AN' SHIT

Why isn't anyone complaining about how Light is white? Why is L being black the thing that makes you made but not Light?

I didn't hear about that. I don't like that either. I don't see why they feel the need to change things around unless it adds anything

There are complaints, its the same complaint about having clearly asians characters be westerners. Same with Avatar.

Because it's meant to be an American adaption. It's not even set in Japan.
Japan has adapted American movies and changed the races and the setting before

Typical Hollywood.

Look up Alexandre Dumas on google image.

Doesn't matter, fuck off with those shitty adaptations. You're retarded if you expect anything good from them.

>smokes a blunt
>"dude holy shit lmao what if like you were kira"

L actually looks like L here though and he is 1/4 Asian anyway.

He was mixed.

I swear to god if he doesn't shoot hoops in that awkward squat

Appropriate additions of diversity tier:
> Manager-kun
> That guy who quits task force to stay with the police
> FBI-kun
> Assorted bodyguards
> Kira girl 2

Affirmitive Action tier:
> L
> L2
> Anti-L2
> Kira girl 1
> Light's imouto
> Kira disciple-kun
> chief-papa

We wuz kangs tier:
> Everyone kira kills
> Tabloid network
> church of Kira

>we wuz anime n shieet

Worked for hamilton and turned the play from crap into a sold out for years masterpiece

Can't wait for foot washing scene

>Nigger literally gets down and washes whiteys feet before whitey murders him

I am unironically looking forward to this and applaud the decision.

IT´S A NEW WORLD BARACK

Im fine with it, actually im excited. Because they are taking a risk rather than doing another bland anime adaption. Japan already did a bunch of movies so i like that the American director is saying "fuck it" and actually going through with his personal vision for the movie. It will probably be better than that Ghost In The Shell movie i bet you.

Nope, you just love that little trait about him and turned it into the most important thing about L. A lot of weebs are not white and they spend a lot of time indoors so they look pale even if they are not the whitest people. Now, if L actor were a fat guy or women I would complain.

I am hype about Stanfield but at the same time afraid the script is not good enough to pull the best of him.

>He could be played by a Mexican woman and function the exact same way

..... Can it be a cute shy mexican women who is a tsundere. cause i be up for that shit.

WE WUZ DETECTIVES N SHIEEEEEEEET!

In all honesty I don't care Death Note isn't so good. They can do what the fuck they want with it.

>only liveaction film markets that turn profit from mainstream today are China and college graduate conglomerates
>China = White capeshit
>College grad conglomerates = Recast + Diversity™

>What does Sup Forums think of this?
Market of the times.
In twenty years the 2010s will look as stupid and mentally stunted as the 60s, as if everyone was off their face on something in the water supply.

Ghost in the Shell is showing we're in a wind-down, it might make it's money back but it's not going to age well at all.
Casting an aged Jew as an E. Asian? We're not in the 80s anymore, grandpa.

I'm completely impartial to Death Note, but it remains one of the most popular animes across a large demographic, meaning there will be more liveaction installments. They'll get it right in 2030 when one particular generation has finally fucking died and the other one will be mentally crippled from all the hormone replacement therapy.