Sesuji wo Pin

My cute dancing midgets are all grown up
I'll miss them

It ended too abruptly.

I'm so mad right now.
It was really good and it could go on to be even better.

no no no fuck this gay earth

I should stop getting depressed about this and finish translating the manga. But I'm really sad now.

should have made a gay dancing couple instead with onsen scenes, it's what sells now

I know that's a YOI reference, but even a homo dancing manga would still need to have female dancing partners.

Farewell baby

Volume sales not so good, ToC ranks not so good either, it's the fate of running in WSJ.

Should have gunned for a Kodansha magazine, I think it would have fared better there.

>I know that's a YOI reference,

This. Let's sell our souls to the corporate and women and make out with each other on the streets for money. That all we're worth for.

If we're lucky, it'll get an anime if Jump wants to ride the ballroom wave. Unlikely though

Ballroom is not gay. It is 1000% heterosexual.

just draw one of them as very feminine and dress him with waltz dresses, and make it a point of the plot that they're hidding it

on top of that, make the transvestite the dom and it'll probably sell even better

So far the 2 new Jump series were shit.

I just started reading this and I'm about halfway through. I think the lack of romance is why it's not popular. I mean, how could you make such a cute couple and then do jackshit with their potential relationship?

Sad truth is these are the manga's flaws
>no romance
>ronald mcdonald guy is impossible to take serious even for a second
>it's an endless tournament arc, no downtime for character development and shenanigans
Absolutely wasted potential.

SHONEN ARE ABOUT BATTLES!!!

I'm hoping the others will be good. Poro's mangaka apparently won an award, so it should at least be decent.

Every manga that won that award sunk like rocks. The last good one was beelzebub. That should give you some hope

You're right on all counts

>it's an endless tournament arc, no downtime for character development
Keep reading

I genuinely let this pass, only heard about it recently when people said it was going to end. Is it still worth to read it or is it like Double Arts where the ending makes you salty?

I disagree with the second and a bit with the first.
Manga without romance can be good and they can be cute without involving love.
Tsuchiya did show signs of being into Watari and it could go on from there.
The biggest weakness is the third point but not because of the tournament.
There are quite a lot of characters which all get their share of nice development but they somewhat leave no time for Tsuchiya and Watari something that i guess elevens didnt like, the "main" MC getting sidelined
Sesuji has good development for all characters and could develop romance and shanenigans and all that.
All the elements are there and if it had more time it would go but since it focuses on everyone it's gives a feeling of being a slow burner, something that's not really Jump's style.

Sesuji wasn't canceled

Hopefully he'll come back to writing good shit like molester and OMK
That will never happen ;_;

>implying Sesuji isnt good

Molester was an adaption, but he did mold the characters so I guess it counts as his.
OMK he only drew the pictures, someone else wrote the story.
Sesuji was a true creation he made from scratch, based off the 2011 one shot.

He never wrote the story for Molester Man or OMK, he was only the artist.

Why everybody saying that it ended too abruptly then? The author is sick or something?

I think it was cancelled but the author was given enough time to make a "satisfactory" ending instead of an abrupt one that screams cancellation.
There were a lot of plot elements that it makes it seem that it was cancelled.
The 2nd years never got to battle the 3rd years, the future of the 3rd years wasnt really addressed even if given focus, the new club member only got one tournament, the main couple never really got to beat their rivals or grow more like in other sports manga and a lot of more things that would logically be expanded more and seemed to be heading to that direction never really got there before a somewhat rushed ending

At least they can add "Run a manga for more than 50 chapters at WSJ" to their career

Pity, I enjoyed the manga. It ticked all my sports manga checkboxes and had the benefit of a nice ensemble cast, including cute girls in gorgeous outfits with ecstatic facial expressions as part of it. How many other sports manga can boast that? I enjoyed the third year's story arc the most and they got developed the most during the main tournament. 2nd in enjoyment were the midgets, though I wish their rivals had a bit more time in the spotlight, especially the russian girl and her boy toy, though at least the Mr.Spock first year got some good screen time.

Last and least, I put the 2nd years, which I didn't quite enjoy. I know their relationship was supposed to be fiery, though after a while, it got on my nerves how assholish and obstinate up to an irrational level they acted towards each other. By the time of the final tournament, I liked the rival latin dancer pair with the bob head girl and the "I was a prodigy as a kid" guy more than them. They looked great and had some nice moments, but I really didn't like how their character arc went. Then again, I've only read up to chapter 78, so maybe they can still turn things for the better. Ballroom has also a pretty fired up combo with Chii-chan and Tatara and those two are on a whole different level.

Overall, I'd have liked to see more and there could have been good potential for further plots with the midgets moving to second, then 3rd year, but sadly, the numbers weren't enough for Jump. At least there's still Ballroom to get my fix.

10 dance exists, I think. Dunno about onsen scenes.

WAIT IT ENDED?

>Only got into it a month ago
>It's over

FUCK FUCK FUUUUUCK

iOkay.
I will forgive everything
But only if one thing happens.

They confess, right?

I have a problem now in that I don't want to finish the series, I've read it about 3/4ths of the way through and I don't want to get to the ending.

An anime of this would be near impossible, though. You would need actual choreography instead of just paper cutouts bashing against each other.

Poor girl didn't get any tits, even after growing up. Being surrounded by all those cleavage monsters during all those years must have been hard.

Will be interesting to see what Production I.G will do with Ballroom in that regard.

Sesuji WAS good shit.

It was just unrefined, at worst. It needed some passion.
I think it's downfall is that ultimately, there was little passion between the characters. To them, it was just a hobby despite the fact they meant the world to each other. I think the arc that was hinted at with the third years was supposed to be the arc that really illustrated that, but too bad we'll never get it now.