Is it the ultimate European tale?

Is it the ultimate European tale?
>It encompasses christian and pagan themes.
>A story about different natures and volks
>Ultimately about struggle

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The two towers

>Predicted 9/11

Aren't towers in the esoteric the symbol of civilisation

i seriously don't get the hype. I prefer scifi to fantasy though. can pol even into wolfe?

117 pages in and loving it

>A shitty fantasy novel is top tier European literature

Go fucking die

War and Peace shits all over it

a revelation about the evil one, "the Lord of the Rings" and how we works in the world.

>fiction
>ultimate European tale
kys

I reflect sometimes that perhaps the 9 rings that were given to the kings of men are the various central banks, FED, Bank of England, EU etc, the power to create currency, but somehow they are all controlled by the One ..

Every white man should read it.

Definitely based. The LOTR trilogy was meant to be a mythology for Anglo Saxon Britain. Contrary to popular belief the books are not a metaphor for WWII or the Ottoman Empire (as some people on here claim) but are a wonderful bit of mythology from a linguistics professor who incorporates both pagan and dualist themes into his works. His elves are based off the Germanic ones for instance, graceful, otherworldly, and unknowable.

Such a shame basic fantasy is such shit. Im going to read Conan next, I hear it is good

Nice

>amerimutt
not surprised desu how can a good tale not be fiction?

Sounds like you know something about it. Tolkien was a traditional catholic too

You know Tolkien was an oxford professor who knew more languages than you can count and was a traditional catholic who experienced the full horror of the Great War.

He was fully aware of the decline of the west

I'm a big fan of the books, movies were good too. I was super into fantasy before but I became worried about having too much fixation on fictional worlds.
(im the same guy just on another device)

I'm not a big fantasy person at all. But I see lotr more as a tale like Parsifal, the Nibelungen cyclus or Beowulf.
I am interested in European culture but not so much fantasy which I see as fetishism and low tier escapism.

Much of it certainly is fetishism and escapism. Just look at the shit posted on /tg/ for gods sake. Video games are the same way. I got rid of all mine and hopefully they're gone for good

Beowulf is essential Sup Forums reading IMO. I have the Nibelungenlied on hand but haven't read it yet, also Njal's Saga and some other misc norse ones. I'm trying to get through some Evola first

love BotNS, but I re-read the Silmarillion every year, so I guess Tolkien wins.

The original Conan short stories are top notch pulp fantasy tbph. Not a match for Tolkien, but they are good stories nonetheless.

Tolkien was Boer, not European

Tolkien is a phenomenal linguist, gray philologist, good theologian, and a...so-so writer.

The LOTR redpill requires an interest in theology, linguistics, and Northern European philology and literature. Without those things, it’s just a so-so fantasy book. With those things, it’s a mythos that rivals the Aeneid or Dante’s Inferno

You’re a retard

Very good! I salute you. There are still inteligent people left on Sup Forums after all the invasions

Things like harry potter are not at all on par with Lotr and silmarilion

Thank you, great comment
He was a british catholic and certainly not a boer
>the absolute state of Sup Forums

fun fact- when I started looking into Catholicism I was amazed to learn that among average Catholics Tolkien is revered and his work is intensely studied. My priests are both avid readers and we have spent many hours talking about the ins and outs of Tolkien’s world and how it relates to traditional
Catholicism and European peoples.

he was born in South Africa but he was of Mercian lineage

>Tolkien was born on 3 January 1892 in Bloemfontein in the Orange Free State (now Free State Province in South Africa)
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

If authors from south Africa are “European” being white then all American literature is technically European.

Ofcourse Tolkien was a great opponent of the Vaticanum II and used to answer mass in latin when everyone spoke English

And still hippies and flowery leftists try to coopt these works.

>can't even bring up the concentration to read a wikipedia article.

>Arwen and Aragorn were cousins
Why do white ''people'' love incest so much?

>Trying to claim authors from different continents out of jealousy and insecurity

Wh*Te ''people'' love two things so much, incest and cuckolding
They are degenerates that de-evolved from the superior African race

It dawns on me that this kind of discussion goes right over the head of most people even on Sup Forums

Are you trying to be so stupid, or does it come naturally, user?

Why do white ''people'' love incest so much?

Indeed it is

They were cousins you subhuman white cuck, look it up

sigh
South Africa was part of the empire remeber..... Many British people were born in the empire then returned to England to raise their kids. Tolkien was a briton who grew up in England, comprendo? Also his family came from Germany in the 17th century

Utumno seems comfy desu

"The Jewish people as a whole will be its own Messiah. It will attain world dominion by the dissolution of other races, by the abolition of frontiers, the annihilation of monarchy, and by the establishment of a world republic in which the Jews will everywhere exercise the privilege of citizenship. In this "new world order" the children of Israel will furnish all the leaders without encountering opposition. The Governments of the different peoples forming the world republic will fall without difficulty into the hands of the Jews. It will then be possible for the Jewish rulers to abolish private property, and everywhere to make use of the resources of the state. Thus will the promise of the Talmud be fulfilled, in which is said that when the Messianic time is come, the Jews will have all the property of the whole world in their hands" (from `La Revue de Paris', p. 574, June 1, 1928)

Elrond is approximately half elf and half human, and his brother Elros fell in love with a human woman so when he married her it sealed his fate as a mortal. Elros was one of Argorn's forefathers

I don't need to look it up, dingbat, to know you're low IQ

Ga eens slapen

If you are half elf and half human, you become a mortal if you marry a human, same thing happens to Arwen who chooses a mortal life

So I'll ask again, why are white people so degenerate they think a story with incest is so whole some and beautiful?

And lots of Americans are decended form the british. If his works count as European, then all American authors count as European.

>niet een student
Ga werken arbeider

Well you are obviously lower IQ if you think weren't cousins and call yourself a ''fan'' and speak when you don't know what your talking about which is textbook stupidity, that or you're just a typical degenerate white cuck who thinks incest is okay, which is it?

>to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand tokien

BotNS requires all of that and much more to appreciate. I'm not trying to dick measure here, but tolkien seems overrated

Americans are/were culturally european.

Tell me, why do you love a story with incest?

As long as you are consistent, we have no quarl.

Everyone knows you all turned to zionist mutts though

They're more than 20 generations separated, it's like a modern European noble marrying Charlemagne's unaging still-living daughter or something. It's a longer blood separation than most current NATIONS have existed.

They are still related, obviously the elf genes he inherited from Arwen's family are still very prominent otherwise he wouldn't be blessed with long life or be so much better at fighting, running and such as normal humans

You can also see it's not the only incest going on in that elf family

This is accurate

this thread has gone completely off the rails

ackchooally he has long life because he is descended from the race of Numenor who were gifted long years for devotion to Eru and for their service in the War of Wrath

yeah but in 100 years nobody will care about fantasy autismo but Tolkien will likely be revered as a saint

about 56% of this thread is not about tolkien

>hailed as the greatest scifi novel of the century
>forgotten because *insert meme logic here*

meditid mutt here. I fully embrace my mongrelization

thoughts on Tolkien's contributions to the Jerusalem Bible? I was thinking about picking up a copy

OY VEY! DELET DIS!