I know i'm late Sup Forums but i just finish DR3. Can we have a thread?

I know i'm late Sup Forums but i just finish DR3. Can we have a thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2Gs2she1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it was shit

The whole reason for the game was retarded, but I appreciate that it linked the 3 games and gave more background to the story.

Literally the only thing about the Future arc that didn't suck was the way it developed Naegi and Kirigiri as characters.

You forgot one thing

Best girl, there should have been more of her

There is nothing good about the future arc except it ended. Both killing and bringing Kirigiri back to life was the worst shit ever.

Best new character easily. Wasted on this shit of an anime instead of in a game.

at least he got to fuck kyoko

Also reminder cure W is just a sleeping medication

Damn straight.

Biggest asspull I've seen in a while

the whole plot of future was shit
I honestly thought that despair was pretty decent overall though>▶
I loved her backstory and was disappointed there wasn't more of her

>Chisa still hasn't shown up in Killer Killer

Fuck me lads, I don't think it's gonna happen

I honestly wish I could unwatch this piece of shit.

I liked the OP

Both OPs were pretty good, EDs were alright

When does Killer Killer take place?

Before DR3 and after DR2

Ok, thanks

You don't need to read it though. It's only good for cameos and Mukurofags

>Both it and Zero Escape come out in summer
>Both have a fantastical setup for a climax
>Both completely shit on their own franchise
It's just impressive how Uchikoshi and Kodaka both failed so hard at delivering. One wanted to bring in more players with a fucking final to a trilogy. The other suddenly style over substance in a mystery story. I'm astonished.

Kodaka also failed to deliver with V3. Just pissed a lot of people off.

Thats more of a reason why i should watch it

Read, not watch.

Yeah read, my bad. Too early in the morning for me

Whats wrong with V3?

The twists honestly, and Kaede. Just pissed me off and other people feel the same way.

So just the same format with nothing new and a boring MC. Something like that or is there more?

>Killing off a supposed important character
>Arguably started to devolve into a mess after chapter 3 or chapter 4
>Le tweest that becomes too meta
>Even less survivors than usual
>Said survivors are some of the least liked of the cast.
>Dude, lies.
>Nothing is really different from the other DR games and is a mess of combination of both DR1 and DR2.

The initial anger has mostly simmered down by now, but there are those who still hate it. The general opinion is "good until you reach the end".

>>Even less survivors than usual
>>Said survivors are some of the least liked of the cast.
That kills it for me. V3 seems pointless anyway, DR3 should have been the end of the whole series.

Well Kaede could've been interesting. If she didn't die And the mastermind is pureshit, but better than Tengan.

>>Killing off a supposed important character
Is this your first DR game? Chapter 1 is always a ruse cruise

the ending and maybe the survivor count are the only legitimate complaints I've seen for V3

This is the first time they killed off someone who was advertised to be THE main character, not just the main character's sidekick.
It doesn't help that they are replaced with the generic, same old MC that we've seen with both Naegi and Hajime. Not to mention that the entire case involving supposed character's death makes the entire cast look like retards.

Make sure to check the bathroom folks.

Whats the reason for the killing in V3, and nothing can be as bad as Tengan's.

You forgot our boy Juzo.

Curse you hovering quote number function with visible spoilers

>going on Sup Forums when spoilers are out
>what's more, going INTO a thread for the very franchise you don't want to be spoiled on, relying only on anons being good and using spoilers
I'm surprised you weren't spoiled earlier, with how dangerously you've been playing, user.

Usually people just discuss DR3 and I used to be cautious enough not to even look at the posts that delved into V3 but I guess I've gotten careless.

Well, at least be happy that what you got spoiled on was all you got spoiled on. That's a pretty early game spoiler, so you still have everything else

Cool, thanks, I'm looking forward to what idol Jean Paul Gaultier will do too, so for now I'll excuse myself from this thread.

No
please no
just delete the thread
you can make this all go away
just
please

Won't tell you. But like I said, it's not as bad as Tengan's.

Fuck I am still mad at why couldn't Chisa be the mastermind.

Danganronpa is dead

And this anime killed it.

The future arc is awful, but despair is even worse.

Sadly this. The only good parts were the funny moments where Junko goofs off, and any with Koichi, Seiko and the Great Gozu. I couldn't care less about the Despair arc.

So much wasted potential. Just for some silly TWISTS.
Same goes for DR3.

V3 killed it.

>good until you reach the end

Just like DR1 and 2.

There was also Juzo.

The whole thing was utter garbage and a colossal mistake.

It's funny how since she was announced as the main character and not Hopebot, every thread constantly went on about how she would die.

fpbp

THERE WAS NO ONE WHO COULD EVEN REMOTELY CONTROL OUR HERO JUZO
>Punched Naegi in order to defend his bro
>Knee'd the fuck out of Anxiety fag because he knew that he was the traitor all along
>Had a misunderstanding with the Gozuboys
>Saved Hinata from getting killed by Hope's Peak
>The master of chair throwing, that one miss on Kirigiri was because he was a merciful hero, and not just to flex his muscles and check dat ass (because he only want's Munakata's ass)
>Went full ham on the evil old man mastermind and crew to save the Future Foundation
>Roundhouse kicks the everlasting shit out of Monaca's puppet in order to stop the second coming of Junko Enoshima
>Unable to stop some mentally deranged kid from blowing up half the school because he was too busy being a hero
>Had a misunderstanding with the donut but spared her
>Survived 2 missile barrages by an evil robot bent on destroying all hope
>Called out Monokuma's bluff with his cameras, recording his mad-ass pecs and didn't give a fuck in general about any of these plebians
>Became the world champion in boxing, becoming the undisputed best with bare hand combat before even leaving high school
>Too Alpha to mess with the bitches and instead neglects his own feelings as being the third wheel to protect his love no matter what
>Only took a 2 episode rest before kicking the shin of everyone again
>Took a fucking spear to the shoulder, impaled into a wall and shrugged it off like it was just a mosquito bite
>Was not seduced by Ruruka's sweets because he was so loyal to Munakata
>Has enough consideration to the normies to at least use them as a coatrack
>Even at the world's end, he was still gunning for a piece
>such a straight forwarded bro, he bends his own sexuality
>saves the manlet when he's in need, cutting of his hand to be the savior he truely is! Saving everyone with the power of determination
>Single handedly stopped the killing game, physically and literally
J U Z O B O Y S
U
Z
O
B
O
Y
S

Sad since I think she was the only attractive person I though of in the group. I was already spoiled with her crossover pictures with Delta's complex motives, so I expect she is just as bad as Junko and that's pretty bad

>Miu
>not attractive

It's the megane fetish taking over. Touko from 1 is ok though a little too crazy and smelly, and Peko is too single-minded.

We will see with V3 but I am not expecting much.

>Even less survivors than usual

And how exactly is that a bad thing?

>Said survivors are some of the least liked of the cast.

Yumeno is one of my favourites, I really have no idea how she can be so disliked? Maki at least its understandable with her.

V3's mastermind is essentially a copycat Junko so if you don't like Junko you won't like V3's mastermind either.

Monaka was also a copycat Junko. So many copies is boring, Kodaka serious couldn't think of anything else

>if you don't like Junko you won't like V3's mastermind either.

Kodaka is a masterpiece writer. I am glad he used V3 to clean his slate of shit well.

meant for

From Kodaka's perspective Junko is the most villainous character he can think of in his head and because of that, he doesn't believe he can write a superior one, so when he wrote other "for the lolz" villains, they just came off as a copycat of Junko. Then when he actually tries something different with Tengen it was an utter disaster.

Kodaka dug himself into a hole and doesn't know how to get out of it.

Kodaka is something else. He can do really good cases and some decent character development, but man he can't actually write a villain or an on-going story worth anything. I sometimes wonder how DR is as popular as it is with these facts but then I remember I am part of the problem.

9 9 C M
C
M

I still don't see why people are saying it's completely bad. The DR series in general is pretty nonsensical nonsense that's meant to be enjoyed for what it is. I really liked DR3 and the only thing that disappointed me about it is that the DR1 cast got fucked over while the DR2 cast got to live. DR2 feels very unimportant now.

pastebin.com/2Gs2she1

That actually really bothered me about DR3 as well. The DR2 cast was completely converted with no deaths and no problems at all, making the entire end of DR2 pretty weird and not completely redundant.

I think you mean COMPLETELY redundant.

>Monaka was also a copycat junko
But she wasn't.
>V3's mastermind is essentially a copycat Junko
But she wasn't.

V3 is easily the best game in the series overall. People just got mad because the meta commentary at the end is completely pointless and feels like it's talking down to the game's own audience.

How I should watch these anime? One episode of each at the time? I already played the games

I misspelt, I meant now completely.

>I still don't see why people are saying it's completely bad
Despair arc stripping out most of the DR2 cast personality and past and boiling down their fall to despair into
>MIndhack livestream
>Muh Chiaki
While Future arc had half the cast be filler nobody and anyone who even got the slightest bit of development died and not to mention focusing on Munakata who was a retard and i still don't understand what was his original point supposed to be
Not to mention the mastermind reveal being stupid and the antagonist gives up without any sort of resistance

Yeah do that starting with Future arc.

Why can't he stop with the brainwashing? DR1 was fine it was just amnesia but he needs to stop now
>DR2: You've been brainwashed by Junko, so we're tying to brainwash you to be just like you were before you got brainwashed
>DR3: Everyone in the world got brainwashed by an anime, Ryota's goal is to brainwash everyone AGAIN.
>V3 You got brainwashed into thinking you were someone else entierely lol

Someone needs to stop this man.

>tfw she's bigger than Akane

Why did he bullshit Kirigiri back to life but not Chiaki

Honestly what pisses me off is that whether or not Mirai-hen had happened, the DR1 survivors would basically still be in the same place either way. None of them died or were even given any sort of scarring from the shit that went down, and you basically could have skipped right to the "everyone building a school" epilogue without any of those events happening.

Chiaki exists just to suffer.

Kirigiri has some of the thickest plot armor in DR.

>"everyone building a school" epilogue
The whole Naegi becomes headmaster seemed entirely unwarranted because he never ever expressed any interest in Hope's peak
They should've given it to Munakata at least he was established as wanting to become headmaster one day

I didn't liked it.
DR2 implied that through the school years Junko MANIPULATED them into despair.
It sounded like while she played on their fears, passions and dreams it was still their choice to go into despair.
That's why I liked the ending of the second game so much: despite having shame and lots of regrets you have to take responsibility for your past and move forward into the future hopping for the better.
DR3 shitted on that message. With LOL BRAINWASHING ANIMU it took away responsibility for their actions from Despairs and reduced Junko's role from mastemind and queen of manipulation to some crazy bitch. Also Komaeda wasn't creepy enough. And I hoped for yanderish Tsumiki. And that Kamakura wouldn't be such an autistic kid that just stood aside
Dr3 did had fun new characters and gave a better characterization to SHSL Imposer and Naegi though. The threads were great fun and the best thing that went out of this all this.

Does anyone know why Munakata was so angry at Naegi
At first it was stated that Naegi didn't experience true despair by having his friends get killed in the real world
But everyone who Munakata cares about (his friends) are all alive and healthy so how can he say he experience true despair while saying Naegi (who had to watch his friends die) never experienced it

It was still an entertaining character driven show. That's all DR has been from the beginning. There's really nothing particularly deep or special about the series.

He thought Naegi was the mastermind at first. Then Tengan fucked with his mind and he decided to just kill everyone. He also said Naegi is naive and could be very easily manipulated. The only problem is that Naegi's bullshit luck will always put him on top.

V3 killed the series so he already stopped

>It was still an entertaining character driven show
It wasn't when only maybe 4 characters had any kind of development the rest were filler who died the moment they got any kind of development

It's not dead when they still have at least 3 side novels/manga/4koma anthologies to milk out of things.

He watched Despairs destroying the whole world while Naegi and Ko were still locked with Junko in the school.
Then Naegi saved those Despairs from the punishment and send them to the tropical paradise to chill. (Naegi hadn't got the time to explain the whole New world program business since shit started to happen).
Munakata decided that Naegi was manipulated and sided with Despairs.

He hated him before the business with the UD

But even the games just show you characters' personalities before killing them off. You're just supposed to get attached to the ones you like then be shocked when you die. None of the characters across the series have a lot of development aside from just learning their personalities.

Case 1 of V3 is fully translated. I'm not sure how it compares to 1-1 and 2-1. Weak points:
- The culprit is too obvious
- "30 seconds interval" came out of nowhere
- Why the fuck did the victim go there alone when he was with a group of people moments before he died? Why didn't anyone go with him?
Strong points:
- More smart people in the cast who came up with interesting and convincing theories about how the murder took place
- Saihara's character development

Yeah but at least they had some development during the trials and had dynamics with other characters and had personalities beyond the surface
While a lot of future arc characters end up dying before their personalities could be fleshed out beyond the bare minimum

Completely agree with you user, DR3 fucked up SDR2's ending entirely.

>when you're too stupid to check the fucking bathroom and get an innocent person executed.

Is that to do with how Tsumiki went to the bathroom and claimed she could only cosplay as 'fictional' characters and everyone believed she was innocent after that?

*Tsumugi Shirogane I mean