Dropped my physics major and decided to do Econ and political science. I'm gonna get into politics...

Dropped my physics major and decided to do Econ and political science. I'm gonna get into politics, I'm so tired of complaining and not doing anything. I know it sounds retarded but i won't know what i can accomplish until i try. Is anyone else tired of what's going on?
Also how fucked am i?

Other urls found in this thread:

careers.govt.nz/jobs-database/education-and-social-sciences/market-social-research/economist/
bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/economists.htm
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/dominic-cummings-brexit-referendum-won/
dominiccummings.com/2016/10/29/on-the-referendum-20-the-campaign-physics-and-data-science-vote-leaves-voter-intention-collection-system-vics-now-available-for-all/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have fun dealing with absolute retardation and pushing shit uphill
Stick with Physics, even if you're not good at it

Drop out now.

stay away from groups like the podestas, and dont fuck any kids. good luck, we need more people like seth rich with clean records.

Be a man and go into finance, accounting or MIS. Economics is oversaturated and you won't get a job without at least a masters degree

careers.govt.nz/jobs-database/education-and-social-sciences/market-social-research/economist/

bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/economists.htm

literally just drop out that will be a shit degree that gets you no where

go into HVAC

stupid nigger. physics is one of the best degrees you can get. Stick with it

This is true, I got an econ and polisci degree and I'm back in school after striking out of the job market

At least do a shitload of internships or anything you can to get ahead

Maybe pushing shit up will be worth it and I'm decent at physics.

Are you implying that i will be assassinated??

Details?

Yeah but not if they're only hiring pajeets from over seas and fucking women.

"On that Day, every soul will be recompensed for what it had earned. There will be no injustice on that Day. Allah is quick to settle accounts.
And warn them of the Day of Imminence, when the hearts are at the throats, choking them. The evildoers will have no intimate friend, and no intercessor to be obeyed."

I've heard in America unless you go to prestigious university, like a law degree, it's worthless

I live between Sacramento and the bay, my school has really great internships. Had a friend who went to NY to study for one month along with 5k to spend. Though he did go for a STEM internship.

Go to sleep Abdul

Don't listen to this faggot. The STEM meme has been pushed so hard that there's going to be a surplus of grads in those fields, and employers will know if you didn't actually give a shit about your degree.

Half of this. There's no money in the S. The E and M are valuable only if they're related to T. If you're not distinctly better than the vast majority of your class, your safest bet is computer science. If you are, you'll do fine in chemical engineering (not chemistry), operations, computer engineering, etc.

>econ and political science
Don't do this to yourself.

How can i get involved politically with a better degree??

Fuck the funny money.

Go with philosophy if you want a liberal arts education.

Look up Tesla/Steinmetz/Eric Dollard/Ken Wheeler and friends for “higher dimensional” physics.

Ein Stein translates to “one stone” in German. If I say you are as “smart as Einstein” I am saying you are as dumb as a rock.

I was thinking about getting a minor in that.

Get a law degree

Dont ask pol of all places for college advice. Literally disregard everything people say here

I can't tell if you're serious, but I'll give you a serious answer.

Read these two articles:
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/dominic-cummings-brexit-referendum-won/
dominiccummings.com/2016/10/29/on-the-referendum-20-the-campaign-physics-and-data-science-vote-leaves-voter-intention-collection-system-vics-now-available-for-all/

Also, don't listen to this faggot: .

I make 150k/yr in my 2 year old solo practice.

No I'm serious, i want to get involved politically.

A law degree is good, but only if you have ambition in it. There is no cruising.

Then read those two articles.

Congratulations, you're either really good or really lucky. Your advice is still terrible. I work with 300+ people that make a minimum of 100k/year (probably 25-30k after taxes and housing costs). The vast majority of them studied computer science, and a lot of them aren't even that good.

Physics PhD student here - if you enjoy physics and you've got a genuine aptitude for it, stick with it, if you don't, then don't. Physics is hard as fucking balls and at no point does it ever get any easier. You spend two years learning introductory physics, then you spend two years learning advanced physics, then you spend two years learning graduate physics, then you spend 2-6 years learning doctoral physics and working on your dissertation, and then you spend the next forty years fighting an uphill battle to ever-so-slightly expand the little bubble of 'what we know'.

There's a reason physics has one of the highest attrition rate for undergraduate *and* graduate studies of any degree program. Don't torture yourself or waste years of college and thousands in student loans chasing down something you're not interested in or don't have the temperament or aptitude for the sake of some "muh STEM" meme. Find what you're good at and what you're passionate about and figure out a way to make it work for you.

PolSci is not a bad degree. And don't listen to Sup Forums when it comes to these things. In here, they live in a perceived STEM bubble, and more of them are NEETs pretending to be muh CS degree.

Couldn't agree more, and I'm a PolSci PhD student.

Read my lips. If trump's brand of conservatism fails comp sci will be a terrible direction. The neoliberal democrats and republicans will do the bidding of silicon valley and increase H1B's exponentially. They might even make comp sci free to increase the labor force. Computer science does pay well, and that's why special interests are targeting it. They will do anything to minimize labor costs. At least lawyers in D.C. protect each other.

Could you share anything interesting for the brainlets like me?

A political science degree isn't a bad idea if you want to go to law school as long as you get into a T14. Law school is 90% GPA and LSAT, they don't care what degree you're in. A girl I knew majored in Communications, got a 3.96 GPA, and got into Harvard Law. Don't know about her LSAT score but a degree from a top law school guarantees you a job -- and you don't even have to work directly in litigation. There's transactional law, think tanks, nonprofits, etc. I know some law students who go into consulting and ibanking but to me that just sounds like taking the long route (may as well major in business and jump into finance right after undergrad if you can)

Politics grad from uk here - if you 'want to get into politics', a politics degree is not the way to go. My CV is pretty decent against most of my cohort, and im struggling to find a job working as an assistant for a politician.

Only one person out of my class of 40 has a job in the political sector. I have had two jobs in the political sector over the last 9 months.

Good luck bro

Idiot. Politics is almost over. Violence is coming.

You've got a post graduate degree?

EE here and the physics I had to take was the worst part of my degree fuck time-varying Maxwell equations and vector fields.

I have a decent view of where a sizable chunk of the software industry (mobile and IoT) is going to be for the next 2-4 years, and I can see that these jobs (1) are not going away, and (2) are going to be at least slightly more in demand. I realize that's not great, but it's probably OP's best bet.

There is some move towards hiring overseas engineers, but the quality is poor, and the coordination costs across timezones are prohibitively high for almost all tasks. An increase in H1Bs post the highest risk, but I still think it's a modern undergrad's best bet.

Silicon Valley is just like Wall Street 2.0. It's like an oligarchy of big companies dominating the market -- Google, Microsoft, Apple, and a few others. Tech is an industry like an other, a few years ago people thought it would fuel social progress but it's just becoming more and more like Wall Street for those who are good at Compsci and IT. Also you'll be competing with LOTS of internationals and Asians so you have to be really good at what you're doing.

This is a really good read, it's really long but I'll finish it later. Honestly never knew E and M could be involved in politics.

No, over here the universities literally fuck you in the ass for wanting a Master's or PhD. You need to pay between £5,000 and £12,000 for a year of study - and most of the universities I am looking at are on the higher price range.

I'm likely going to save the money I get from my next job (still looking) and try and do an MA 2 years down the line. Probably in criminology or human rights.

Uhm, you can do a Master's for free in Scandinavia if you apply before Brexit actually hits.

Adding on to this due. Yes, foreign talent poses a high risk, but a HUGE number of current important software talent comes from China, and Chinese software engineers have huge preference for working in Chinese companies. As the Chinese software industry becomes better developed, American companies will, without a doubt, lose Chinese software engineers. Between that and any potential increase in H1Bs, I'm fairly certain the demand in American companies for software engineers is going to increase, and it won't be met by foreign engineers.

>important
Imported.

I loved political science and international relations. I was very lucky to have been taught by a former republican staffer who studied under some old school greats.

Becareful, its magnificent but these days you could get into some very bad indoctrination.

In the US, only super rich crypto-jews make it in politics. At best, double major in polsci and a language and maybe intelligence will scoop you up, but then you're in Israel's pocket

Im literally in the same boat. Want to get out of physics, just need the marks to do so.

Anything in particular?

Once you've got the differential forms down it's pretty straightforward working through Gauss's, Faraday's, and Ampere's laws, Biot-Savart isn't bad once you've practiced it a few times. Where E&M gets straight fucked is when you get to the graduate level and work on Jackson. You start having to do Green's Functions and retarded/advanced potentials and shit and it gets nasty. We had a take home final for my graduate E&M course, I think I got *maybe* 20-25 hours of sleep that week and I ended up handing in about 35-40 pages of work.

is brexit actually going to happen, or..?

1. Do not be in a room alone with a woman or minor. Do not stand within 2 feet of a woman. Or make sure you are constantly being recorded so no false allegations can be made
2. Discover the only way to succeed in politics is by allowing yourself to be molded by the machine

I'm doing french and i speak Spanish. I'm a Spaniard.

Thanks for tip but I've already looked at places like Oslo - I'll need about 10,000NOK to survive and it would require me to stay for 2 years. So probably more expensive desu.

Whats it like?

I think I'll be fine, mostly fall down the line of republican with some libertarian views.

I have to stress that having a 2nd, 3rd language is so incredibly advantageous when you're looking for a career in politics. You are very lucky to have that skillset

>molded by the machine
Or let them think I'm being molded.

Be a man join the trades .........build and do things with your hands feel the satisfaction of making a change in the world that you can see and feel

Yeah I'm thinking about taking a Spanish literature class to polish up my skills.

I already do, i do carpeting and tile installation on the side. (Step dads business)

Or aquire more debt

In Scandinavia it isn't bad. Pay is decent, I am doing an interesting project, and I have a full time job waiting for me upon submitting my dissertation.

take a theater class, you might have better luck

Yeah, that's true. You would have to work as a TA or something in addition to some scholarships. I wish you good luck though.

Yeah fuck that.

whats ur project and dissertation? And what is a political science course? Is there much philosophising and theorising?

Personally, I don't think so, but maybe. Years will go by, the process will be horribly complex, and after time has passed, they might need a new mandate from the voters. This could mean a second referendum.

I hope companies realize that white men are the only knowledgeable engineers graduating from college. There's been such a huge effort getting "under represented " students into stem that special programs and entitlements exist only for them. Free college, tutors, mentors, mandatory meetings, and even math and physics classes with only them in it. It's a sham

I get told all the time i have an "acting face" whatever that means but nahh, I'd kill myself after hanging out with those types of people. I already have a friend who's a model and his friends all do coke all the fucking time and just talk shit about everything and everyone.

I can't say too much, user. That would effectively dox myself. I would show up on a simple google search.

My particular project is quite concerned with theorising, but most of the other projects are empirical and quantitative.

He's kidding. That's a trade, heating + A/C piping. It's not for a physics masterrace ubermensch like you.

go back to your physics major. an education in hard science will see you better off than those soft degrees.

seriously, calling it political science is fucking offensive.

This.

I'm in a stem program that give you all these tools to your disposal. You have to qualify for the program, lots of asian and white males.

user I just want a brief idea of what it is and what the field of political science is like? So I can comfortably decide to try and ditch physics asap

if you arent passionate about it then its crap.

Education is a waste of time and money.

Yeah if you're a fucking idiot.

Translation: I was too retarded to handle intro freshman physics courses.

t. Ph.D candidate, solid state physics. I defend this spring.

When you realize just how useless a polysci degree is, switch to a psych or bio major like all the rest of the bottom common denominator ends up doing.

Ok, maybe if your family is dirt poor and or immigrants and nobody else in your family has ever gone to college.

Yep, I'm sick of it too, I'm out of school and I'm going into politics. No boomer bullshit, no making excessive money, no pleasure and material abundance, Western civilisation comes first.

Social sciences are useless shit. Make your physics degree and read some politics/economics papers in your spare time.
I'm studying economics and what we're doing is somewhat detached from reality. The knowledge gained is in no relation to the cost of studying (mainly time in my case)

This is a bullshitter. A real PhD candidate in physics would be too intelligent to say something like this.

Keep on shilling.

I wouldnt go into it like that desu, although it depends on what you mean when you say enter politics

Don't be a faggot, not everyone is cut out to be a fucking physicist. If he doesn't have an interest in it there's no point in slugging through that shit.

>Social sciences are useless shit. Make your physics degree and read some politics/economics papers in your spare time.
If you arent passionate about physics you are on a hiding to nothing. Also "reading political papers" is only half the battle, the much more important is getting an audience for your ideas, otherwise you might as well not read the papers in the first place

I want to completely change the structure of the country, eventually become PM. Anything else will only delay the inevitable.
What would you suggest then?

Ehh i guess i forgot what the qualifications were but you have to keep up your GPA or you're kicked.

He is probably larping. I've worked closely with PhD students in all kinds of fields, including physics. At that level people tend to understand the strengths and weaknesses with the various academic disciplines.

The war between soft and hard sciences is typical undergraduate bullshit.

And he should realize that those political papers needs to be written by someone qualified.

>Are you Ben Shapiro?
In all seriousness politics is something which is possibly one of the hardest things to be successfull in, if you're serious about this I suggest a double major in philosophy, if you're going to be a politician a strong grasp on making arguments is necessary, if you want a less nebulous second major I recommend law as it will give you some advantage politically, if you can study law and philosophy and political science that is the best route, however that is some serious shit and good luck to you if that's what you decide on.

Well like I said it depends on what field, i guess in your case if you want to actually enter the political machine rather than comment and theorise on it then you have your own problems, in that your will will be broken as you will always have to deal with compromise. Also it requires you to have a firm ideological conviction, if not to outright state but at the very least subvert party ideas into.

The degree essentially gives you the right to an audience it seems. So yeah what is entailed in a political science degree?

Drop out of the Jew money racket you call school and invest your money. You don't need to go into massive debt to learn how to be an economist. You play the fucking market and learn how to win.

>am i a jew?
Yeah i think I'm going to get into philosophy as well, tho my school only has 2 philosophy classes along with an ethics and logic class bummer they don't have more. Thanks OP i know it's hard but i know i can do it.

Your school sounds like shit. I hope you get to be the representative of your shitty ghetto. Maybe you can bring more philosophy classes to your fellow niggers.

Yeah, and while taking the degree one should be active in either a political party, or some kind of civil society organization.

If the goal is to be a politician, and one fails, one could try and excel academically and work in research, consultancy etc. A friend of mine earns six figures working for Deloitte, with a Master's in PolSci.

There are possibilities!

What about the philosophy side of things? Also you still havent told me what exactly a pol sci course is and its different little streams

It's actually not that bad, they have an amazing STEM program that I'm in. It's fucking tight, we get personal tutors, a fuck ton of computers (because only a few are in the program) and the study hall is always quite.