Does anyone want to talk about the Thomas fire, or is it not happening enough...

Does anyone want to talk about the Thomas fire, or is it not happening enough? Sure wildfires happen all the time in California, but not at this size and not this late in the year. Anyone in the area have stories to share?

>Currently 4th largest fire in CA history
>256,000 acres burned so far
>1035 km^2 for yuros
>Only 35% contained
>Strong winds expected all weekend
>City of Ojai completely surrounded by fire

Also a firefighter with a 2 yr old daughter and pregnant wife died yesterday, and that's pretty sad.

>Fire department updates
fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/1922

>Santa Barbara fire and evacuation map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1ASoCEnK1yHaI2Of55E92EXF69JdFdIp-&ll=34.422735135472436,-119.15719985961914&z=10

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-california-fire/death-toll-from-california-blazes-rises-to-43-after-teen-dies-idUSKBN1D004Z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bigger question, why is this being buried in MSM? Should be a big deal, right? Or am I wrong? Is it really just a local issue?

Probably got started by illegals.

It seems like it should be, that's why I came here to see if anyone has information. The most I've seen on non-local news was a blurb about Oprah getting evacuated. It's also destroyed 1000 structures and has cost $90mil to fight so far.

The Bay Area fires were covered pretty intensively a few months ago, and they were way smaller. Maybe it's because many more people were affected by the smoke and ash? More buildings were burned? Though Santa Barbara is at least as big of a deal as Napa is.

>only 4th largest
>california

Remind us why we should care?

>santa barbara
>ojai

the "elite" of california sniffing their own farts.

Come on leaf buddy, don't be a fag.
>State population exceeds your country's
>Not counting illegals

This is the firefighter who died btw

God punishes the sodomites of california.
Reminder that they get federal aid if they find its arson. Get a roll of toiletpaper and stuff it in dry brush near a dead stump instead.

Its a shame when apparently good people die. Rip.

lol fuck california. I hope it all burns

>Oligarchs and Federal Reserve create worst wealth inequality in generations.
>Homeless epidemic in LA.
>Homeless camp cooking fire starts wildfire by accident.
>Mansions in the hills burn down.

Strange cosmic justice at work?

It was just some IRL bants lads, calm down.

All the mexicans are covered in ash as they work the fields. I watch fat fuck delivery workers choke as they deliver there holiday cheer. Tons of rich assholes who lived up in the hills now gone. Smelled like horse jerky for 3 good days. Ask if you want to know more.

Yeah it's a real tragedy. At least the kids will know their dad died a hero.

What area are you in? Is the air quality as foul as people are saying?

I'm having trouble believing no civilians have died except the person in that car crash.

I know there has to be a guy in California that just sets fires in the hills and every fucking year the fire fighters put them out before they get to big and then this year he hit the fucking jackpot. Reading the updates to these fire represses his need to murder prostitutes and torture dogs.

Because Trump didn't start it

805. Area is shit and the smoke gets bad. Only had one crash when it first started amd someone got rolled over. I think the big reason theres been so few deaths and injures is they just started fighting the fire. Its been pure trying to save lives and property before. We had these insane winds for 5 days. Not like sants anas either. It was like living in a fucking sharknado just filled with beaners and liberals instead. The wind was out of control

That looks like a volcano cloud

Not a big deal for us. This happens every 3 to 4 years. This was just bigger due to some crazy ass winds. Fuck this state though.

>bigly if bonafide

It looked like an explosion when it moved through Romero Canyon on Monday night

I think the actual scary shit gets buried. The bullshit clickbait is what they focus on.

When all the power went down for 6 to 8 hours in all VTA. That was when it got real fun.

Shit is so bad they're sending inmates to try to put it out.

>elites houses are getting burnt
>no fuks given burn let it all burn.

It was encroaching on the San Ysidrio ranch last night, flames maybe a mile north of the ranch in the San ysidrio valley.
Really cool towering flames moving west through the valley though, probably about ~100 feet tall in some places

40+ people died in Santa Rosa, lots of destruction.

Thomas Fire has a huge area but it's a lot of forest that's burned instead. Although people in Ventura, Carpinteria, & Fillmore are getting fucked over, there's only been 2 deaths.
Offials say it could take until January to put it all out because super steep terrain and unpredictable Sant Ana winds make it hard to put out & spread it quickly.
They're worried winds will start up in the morning again up to 40 mph over Gibraltar & keep pushing it

So we have 3 possibilities
>Magma seeping through the earth's crust
>False flag attacks
>Someone with a lot of gas and matches
>capatcha: road road

Burn in hell socal.

You're ruining the state.

You deserve the (((wild)))fires.

They canceled classes at UCSB 20 miles away over in Goleta last Thurs&Friday.
It's all the tiny smoke/ash particles that'll fuck you up so everyone's walking around in surgical mask-type air filters. Air quality isn't so bad over there atm but towards downtown it starts to get hazier and up near Montecito it's really smoky

Why did you put Salinas in our beautiful norcal, you transplant faggot?

Eucalyptus fires will do that.

40 people? Wut? Shoe some deets.

oh my fuckin sides.

Australia is US's greatest ally confirmed.

Takes 0.2 seconds to google it you lazy fuck

>reuters.com/article/us-california-fire/death-toll-from-california-blazes-rises-to-43-after-teen-dies-idUSKBN1D004Z

2 month old article shitskin. Thats not this fire. Fuck man.

Yeah good point, it has mostly been forest and brush land. People in the Santa Rosa/Sonoma area said the evacuation organization was a joke- maybe that's why they have such a large area set up for this one. Seems to be working out. Neat pics btw, is your house in trouble?

Really?

They have inmates fight fires cause thet love it. Thet get goid food and reduce time on there sentence. Plus if they die the tax payers win.

I know, you dolt. Keep up:

>The Bay Area fires were covered pretty intensively a few months ago, and they were way smaller. Maybe it's because many more people were affected by the smoke and ash?

^^^Santa Rosa is up by Bay Area and just had a fire in October

>40+ people died in Santa Rosa, lots of destruction.

I was explaining why SR was covered as much as ThomasFire.

So true, and it didn't even hit LA like Sup Forums said it did Ventura County is the one that's fucked up. Only the rich assholes living up there are being fucked in the ass.

Everything that isn't rightful Jeffersonian clay deserves to burn.

I just don't fucking understand, do they not do controlled burns over there?
They just let all the undergrowth build up year after year?

hmm

They do, but they don't do it nearly enough. Last year we got a ton of rain and a bunch of shrubbery grew up, this year the shrubbery is kindling.

kek - lol

They stopped talking about it when it was reported that it's indeed "homeless" camps that likely started fires.

Remember when that illegal alien, oh shit, sorry undocumented worker, was deported 5 times and came back to the largest sanctuary state commiefornia and killed a girl and was acquitted for the murder? Jose Zarate was his name and the victim Kate Steinle I believe. and the people from Gov Moonbeam Jerry the Clown Brown's state were like muh?

Or how about when the home of hollyweirdo's decriminalized knowingly spreading HIV to other people?

Or how about when all those Cali libtarded assholes started telling people how the floods from the hurricanes were the people's fault for voting for Trump?

Or just the breath taking arrogance of the movie icons we are all suppose to worship and parrot their views were telling the rest of America what we should think?

Or how about how drag queens are being promoted and praised for reading books to 5 year olds in Cali tax payer public libraries?

FUCK CALIFORNIA - You give shit? Throw yourself on the fire then assholes.

well thank you satan that oprah winfrey is safe - now she can tell you what to think.

Cal fire is such a fucking multi million dollar gaggle of slapdicks, i wish i could find humor in it, but i cant.

They spend millions of dollars monitoring wildland fires as they burn, doing nothing to effectivly combat them, and then collect unemployment all winter like the niggers they are and do absolutely no fuel reduction work

These people will talk to you like they provide calfornians with a service besides wasting my tax money as well. They think they are heroes.

Also, if I have to tell you that firescars and cyclic burning is part of a healthy forest, we shouldnt even be talking because you have a childs understanding of forestry

Simply put fuck wildland fire

Stay the fuck out of nor cal, unless your actually coming to cut fireline, which by the way you can do year round you worthless fucks, then people wouldnt burn to death in their homes, while you stand there with a mcclound and spit dip on the ground

Damn, that's pretty sensible for a government program.

I think we all agree that California blows but it's still a bit melancholy to see this kind of destruction. Or awe-inspiring, whatever.

Like that pic for example- the Getty Villa is a beautiful facility with thousands of priceless art pieces dating back to the Romans and earlier. If that burned down it would be a damn shame.