Please pirate our products :^)

>please pirate our products :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=13014
avex-pictures.co.jp/lineup/animation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buying anime

I mean I don't really buy it, but what's the point of a ban? Isn't any money, good money? Is gaining money a bad thing?

That's what fujos get

Capitalism negates innovation and promotes stagnation.

Yeah I don't get what the logic is here
Shouldn't they be happy people are wanting to buy the product instead of pirating it? If they want to push a western version, why not just change the covers or such and try to push people into buying both for dat collector feel?

The japs deserve every single purchase they """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""lose""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" through piracy

You got it upside down. Just need to crack a few eggs as a sacrifice is all

I can only think of weak reasons: to sell the right of overseas at a higher price.
In any cases, this will not work at all, there are simply many people travelling to and back from Japan, and also not to mention that so many forwarder services.

The gain more money licensing products to the west than selling BDs.

I must say that this is a retarded action though, since they would gain more money by licensing this shit AND selling the BDs.

Licensing? Whoever has the English rights probably wants to push only their version? Wasn't there something similar with a game a few years ago?

I received a similar e-mail too. What the fuck is wrong with Japan? How fucking retarded are they to think that's a good way to make money?

Oh damn and I was gonna start collecting Osomatsu-san blu rays too. Oh well their loss I guess. This business decision confuses me. Like, I'm sure gaijin purchases doesn't give them that much of an increase, but it definitely doesn't hurt them, right? What's the point?

>Whoever has the English rights probably wants to push only their version?
Yeah, but it's so stupid to think that the rest of the western world would just accept the shitty English version in this day and age.

>YoI and Osomatsu-san
Fujos are jealous their husbandos are being tainted by gaijin hands.

Oh, man, so glad my order of the YoI soundtrack already shipped.

>I can't buy Osomatsu-san
That's fine, I didn't want to support the best comedy of 2015 anyway.

It makes no sense whatsoever since the Japanese version is always more expensive than the overseas one.

>only affecting fujoshit
Good.

I hope this doesn't affect the vita game coming out.I actually want to play that

Japanese.
Pros:
Creative Race
Modern but still maintain the traditional way

Cons:
Not open-minded (very closed and paranoid)
Very conservative approach
Sometimes make a crazy decision

YOI maybe, but Osomatsu-san has plenty of non fujo fans, and Avex distributes more than just Fujo anime.

is it possible to find out why such a decision was made?

Prove it.

I have read a business plan titled 'The Growth Strategy 2020,' which was issued by Avex Group Holdings in 2016, and in the plan, what Avex emphasises includes anime business and overseas expansion (especially, into North America). CEO Matsuura Masato also emphasises those things in the 'message from CEO' article on the Avex website.
It might be related to Avex Pictures' preventing exporting of products.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=13014
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV) : Production
Assassination Classroom (TV) : Production
Denki-Gai (TV) : Production
DRAMAtical Murder (TV) : Production
Eiga Yo-kai Watch: Tanjō no Himitsu da Nyan! (movie) : Production
Fairy Tail (TV 2/2014) : Music Production
Gekijō-ban PriPara Mi~nna Atsumare! Prism Tours (movie) : Distributor, Production, Promotion
Gekijōban PriPara: Mi~nna de Kagayake! Kirarin Star Live (movie) : Distributor, Publicity
Hanayamata (TV) : Production
KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm (movie) : Distributor
Mr. Osomatsu (TV) : Music Production
Noragami Aragoto (TV) : Music Production, Production
Ōshitsu Kyōshi Heine (TV) : Music Production
Re:␣Hamatora (TV) : Production
Samurai Warriors (TV) : Production
Shin Gekijō-ban Initial D Legend 1 -Kakusei- (movie) : Production
Shin Gekijō-ban Initial D Legend 2 -Tōsō- (movie) : Production
Tribe Cool Crew (TV) : Production
Trinity Seven (TV) : Production
Trinity Seven: Eternal Library & Alchemic Girl (movie) : Music Production
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace (TV) : Production
All of those

This is such ass-backwards thinking, what the fuck would spur a company to do this?

This sucks.

Possible bright lining, though...foreigners will need to go through Japanese forwarding services to get these BDs now. Since Oricon only counts sales to Japan addresses, that means that more foreign sales will be counted by Oricon.

...not that this is going to make much of a difference since I don't think there are THAT many foreigners buying BDs, and jumping through these hoops will make some give up.

It makes perfect sense when you people are still going to buy the expensive one instead of the local one.
And I would assume the deal would include vice versa, that the west too will restrict exports to japan

>any of those
>good

Maybe they think some things are more important than making money, like keeping their intellectual property out of the hands of filthy gaijin.

A gaijin kicked the CEO's dog.

Wouldn't they make more money keeping imports open AND making overseas products. Who the fuck is going to purchase an overpriced anime Blu-ray overseas when they can buy it with no shipping in NA? then showe that aren't marketed here can still be bought overseas

Okay, I was wrong. But it doesn't seem like they license anything good anyway.

I don't know about Osomatsu-san but Yuri could be popular enough that they can't keep up with demand and would rather serve Japanese customers first and foremost.

Nothing of value was lost.

They're probably working out a more direct partnership with an international retailer and intend to give them exclusive distribution rights outside of Japan.

I think it's less accepting the English version, and making them buy it through the licensors. They get a bigger cut, and the consumer has to go out of their way to push the audio button until they get the moonspeak audio track. The way they see it, no one really loses

Except weeabs who'll probably lose their shit at the "printed in the USA" tag on the case

>Who the fuck is going to purchase an overpriced anime Blu-ray overseas when they can buy it with no shipping in NA?
All the fans who received the email and are complaining right now?

Yamato damashii>gaijin bux

It's even worse because if someone licenses it in the west they are just going to get a flat fee and nothing more from whatever sales made there, no point in denying people the ability to buy directly from Japan.
They should be restricting imports from the west to Japan since BDs are cheaper in the west and they get nothing from those.
Can only guess it's "baka gaijin".

>Waito piggu don't buy!

They don't want international bitches getting their money. Keep it local y'all!

Wow, nips hate gaijins so much that they're willing to do this?

If they think prohibiting the blu-ray export will make fan-sub version harder to appear in the internet, they will be sad to see the result. But in other view, it seems that they want to make their own overseas distribution rather than depending on crunchyrolls, etc.

In the age of the internets, that's like trying to keep water in a bucket made of razor wire.

it's fucking nothing

OK but there's literally no reason to ban importing. Those things aren't readily being marketed in North America and some people don't want to wait till 2020 to buy the Blu-raysame of anime theyou enjoy. Not to mention some of these things might not be marketed in North America because they aren't as popular as they are in Japan.

But isn't it good for the rest of us who aren't fujos? There's regular fans, and then there's straight-up pandering to fujos.

That's pretty assholeish considering they are in no way the sole producer for most of those but this:

Get back the gulag, comrade.

meh i dont care about those tumblrcore shows. im happy to see those libcucks get fucked

avex-pictures.co.jp/lineup/animation
I think this is a more comprehensive list

Only watched amagipark and failtail. Rest not even on my backlog.

Again, nothing of value was lost

Just buy from a third person or ebay you faggot.

They are still going to pander to fujos, just not fat Western tumblrina fujos.

If you think this is their corporate policy and not licensors like Crunchy pushing them you're fucking retarded.

Ha, total shit list-

>WUG

Fuck, I was going to import something soon actually.

I can wait to pirate, though.

What if they literally just hate foreigners and don't want them consuming their content? Seems like a fairly Japanese thing to do.

even if they were trying to expand into a specific region this seems retarded, this ban will also affect other regions (other Asian countries)

tin-hat conspiracy theorist has emerged
>Crunchyroll's competition is DVD/blu-ray import
Crunchyroll's advantage is sametime-broadcast, that's the main selling point and also low yearly subscription cost,

Hey Miles.

Why are fujos so bloody dumb, jesus fucking christ.

Avec is a small player in anime publishing, but a major plwyer in anime music/songs.
I agree that they are planning to play in overseas market by themselves.
And fails.

Unless they want to overprice their stuff, still makes no sense.

>completely missing the USA market with YOI
Why does Japanese keep on doing this?

While I don't really import anime, and the only anime I like from that list is Osomatsu-san and Noragami, This is such a stupid idea. What kind of a retarded business decision is this?

>please stop watching my hit movie :^)

oh yea the OP mentioned CDs too didn't it
I know a few stores here that imports CDs, I wonder if they'll get affected

>people buy anime

I don't think they distribute games do they? Shit sucks if they do though. Although I never would have been able to play it myself, don't understand enough Japanese to play a VN, and Osomatsu san isn't popular enough in the west to warrant a localization (especially on the dying NA Vita) I just take comfort in the fact that it's an OTOMATE game, so it'll probably be shit anyways.

I would've pirated any of those anyway, who the fuck imports those rip-off expensive Japanese disks?

It won't.

Mostly people wanting to support series they enjoy

>supporting Yuri on ice
People need to get some taste.

>Hanayamata
>not good
Sup Forums sure has a fallen.

Nothing of value lost.

FILTHY GAIJINS GO HOME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>just not fat Western tumblrina fujos
That's what I meant by it being good. I should've been more specific.

>Galaxy Express 999 BD
I didnt even know that was thing. Fuck this shit

Fuck off Miles

Holy fuck how pathetic are you Miles, fuck off from this board and go rip off anime studios in Japan or something.

again there are other things than Yuri on Ice on that list.

>complain that people download animu
>prevent them from buying your animu

Wagakki Band is under them, I'm fuming

Black magic

>I can't buy faggots on ice anymore
How am I gonna cope with this.

I couldn't care less about YOI. Avex pictures publishes other things besides Fujoshit.

>I'm too poor to buy my AOTS

>not being willing to throw out ridiculous sums for overpriced products means you're poor
Why don't you burn some dollar notes, bro? Are you a poorfag?

>poorfag
I want Sup Forums to leave.

I was actually planning to buy the Trinity Seven movie soundtrack if it was as good as the one for S1, so this is annoying.
I guess Japan doesn't want my money.

Good goy

fuck off todd howard of anime
crunchyroll is pure shitto

pirate is bestu

I like collecting stuff. I'm not burning money. Also if you're seriously shitting on people buying the stuff you like you're retarded because without them it wouldn't even exist

>we lost a million sales we could never make
>it's all the gaijins' fault

Only thing that wouldn't exist would be bad anime.

Have you tried YesAsia? They're Hong Kong based but have the Japanese versions.

Last thing I imported from them was the WUG BDs. Oh well, nothing much of value was lost I guess.