Now that the dust has settled, was it worth the wait?

Now that the dust has settled, was it worth the wait?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zkgjc9HdTZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=iF8I-nc5Hog
youtube.com/watch?v=V47Q8ir79eE
youtube.com/watch?v=Qy7Q77ZD_ME
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKCCs9DNEJs
youtube.com/watch?v=WJXw0lL5-vA
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7n2IDDx_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Zc6G2yozzSg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I didn't watch it and don't intend to, because VN is better.

If you're a fan of Fate, then yes. But if you haven't read the VN, then no.

Simply this.

It was fantastic. Everything I could have wanted from an adaptation save the h scenes.

Cringe if anything. And boy did I hate the whole:
YOU ARE NOT NORMAL THINKING LIKE A SHOUNEN HERO.

Well no shit, you are not normal acting like a classic tsundere, nor is the servant master thing normal. Retarded shit to try to give the bland MC depth. 4/10, action wasn´t even that pretty.

but was the dust, the last stardust?

No, because ufotable are trash.

It was excellent. Content like the last episode and first Casta no Masta made it a must-watch for fans of the original, frankly.

Don't mind me, just posting best girl

God her voice is so fucking perfect

The VN is less shit but still shit though

Maybe its because I had already read the VN, but I felt like the anime dragged too much with all the exposition and nothing happens moments. Like it would have benefited if some things where cut instead of making a 1:1 adaptation from the source material, but like I said, maybe that's just me for having read the novel beforehand.

I have watched this recently, and it was hilariously bad. All the possibly good fights were ruined, and UBW route is all about cool fights and Archer/Shiro infodump (wich was made poorly too, but no suprises here). Berserker was made a complete joke, Archer's plan made no sense even in the original VN, Kuzuki/Caster last scene was like ufotable didn't have enough screen time and rushed it as much as they could. But instead of original cool scenes they wasted time on stupid fillers (like that horrible last episode, what were they thinking).
It was almost as terrible expirience as watching Deen's UBW movie, though for the completely different reasons. If it was "the best 2016 anime" i wonder how fucking bad were all the others.

I thought it was near perfect. The only flaws come from the nature of the source material. Probably my favorite anime.

Enjoyed it overall, but Shirou annoyed the fuck out of me.

the F/GO anime will be better

Disappointing compared to F/Z, but still good. The 2nd coeur had pacing problems probably due to the underlying VN infodumps it was adapting. Also, what the fuck happened to everyone's nose?

First season was great, mixed opinions about second season because ufotable can't do a good adaptation throughout the end (the same happened with fate zero)
Episode 23 though was simply perfect.

That one hour special was fucking awful tho

>watch a ginger fucking wreck gilgamesh

hell yeah motherfucker

No. It was pretty underwhelming and I still think they simply should've went with another route.

As someone who didn't play the VN.

Most of the first season was alright, but nothing too great.
Season 2 was dumb, but fun as fuck. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Which was ep 23? The one that makes Rin tremendous waifubait?

absolutely disgusting

Gil vs Shirou and the ending of the war.

season 1 was amazing 2nd season was ok not that great

That's 24.

It was pretty good. I am satisfied with it but the Archer v. Shero fight needed less flashbacks and talking which Deen funnily enough did better. I'm just hoping they don't fuck up the last couple of days for HF, it has some of my favorite scenes from the VN. All I want is a Last Episode adaptation.

Wait, people waited for this? But they have the superior Deen QUALITY version.

I hope they do a decent job with wormslut route. I need my best servant Medusa in top form.

>WAAAH MY JAPANESE NOVEL ABOUT TEENAGERS HAVING SEX IS BETTER THAN AAA PRODUCTION WHICH CUTS ALL THAT OUT
>WAAAHHHH WHY ISNT THERE ANY POINTLESS DIALOGUE
>WAAAHHH WHY DIDNT THEY INCLUDE HENTAI FUCKING RUINED

commit kys

I can't wait to see hassan, he was a good servant.

I have read all three routes of the VN years ago. I will never understand why Unlimited Blade Works is loved by so many. I found it the most sophomoric of the routes. Shirou was intolerable in that route and Rin was severely misused.

Best boy Cu finally got his chance to shine though. I'd say that alone made it worth it.

*Its the only route where Shirou actually arrives into a healthy and mature conclusion(unlike fate and HF where he arrives at opposite extremes).
* Most badass Shirou with the best lines.
* It also contains the most realistic and dynamic relationship with Rin, which progresses naturally and does not feel as forced as with Saber nor as on-the-surface as with Sakura. Lots of priceless moments of Shirou teasing Rin and Rin teasing Shirou and relationship progression that makes you understand why they care about each other and fit each other.
* It has the focus on the best girl on the whole VN, Rin, with her natural and interesting character growth .
* It is the most "gray morality" route out of all three. There's no "good" answer and both villains and heroes are shown to be flawed people with not that clear of a roles(Caster is one of the most interesting villains in FSN) and the central conflict of the route has nothing to do with "good and evil" but simply about perception of yourself. Hell, even Gilgamesh has understandable and clearly outlines motives in UBW.
* Shinji gets a fitting end. I always found him just getting killed off cheap. Having to live with yourself with the realization at what you did and what you experienced is a fitting price for him. And Sakura gets to have her old brother, before all the nonsense started, back. So Shinji BOTH gets a fitting punishment for his behavior AND becomes a better person from it.
* Perfect ending. Fate ending was great(and HF true felt like an asspull), but UBW ending felt very fulfilling and fitting as Rin and Shirou face the unknown future together, having become better people than they started out as.

It sucked. it's one of like 6 or so anime that i actually hate.

>I want to protect the people I love is an extreme conclusion

I agree with everything else but nigger what?

I've seen this pasta argument a million times and it is completely subjective. Not to mention it assumes that the reader cares at all about Shirou. I never really liked the guy. At least in Fate and HF he was tolerable. In UBW he went turbo autist with his moronic view of Justice.

Not to mention, it seems like UBWfags can't seem to argue their point without constantly shitting on the other two heroines. I actually thought through all of UBW that there was better chemistry between Archer Shirou than present Shirou. Rin always seemed like the type a girl that was way out of Shirou's league. My opinion, Saber has the best chemistry with Shirou. They are a lot in common and share a lot of the same naive views. Sakura is damaged goods. Rin is better off pursuing her career as a mage than being reduced to a waifu.

>It is the most "gray morality" route out of all three.

Again, this can be argued for all three routes. I don't see UBW's ending as anymore or less grey than the other three. Though I think if there is one route that leans more towards 'bad/evil' it's HF. That's the route where Shirou is at his most selfish.

>Hell, even Gilgamesh has understandable and clearly outlines motives in UBW.

I agree here.

>So Shinji BOTH gets a fitting punishment for his behavior AND becomes a better person from it.

Could care less, Shinji is a piece of trash and deserves whatever he gets in all the routes.

>and HF true felt like an asspull

Again, completely subjective. It isn't any less of an asspull than Shirou beating Gil without even being a servant (technically). Hell, HF has less asspulls in that it makes sense for Shirou to be able to fight with some of the servants due to having Archer's physical arm grafted on his body.

>All I want is a Sparks Liner High adaptation
ftfy

I feel like seeing sparks liner high animated would be extremely underwhelming compared to how cool the scene was in the VN. Same with the nine lives bladeworks scene. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic though

Yeah I get what you mean.
Even the scene where Shirou cuts off Gilgamesh's arm felt drawn out in the anime compared to the VN where it happened out of nowhere and completely blew me away.

Fate is one of my biggest guilty pleasures.

Maybe because in the VN they were actually fighting. In the anime Shirou just flied around bleach-style while Gil made lazerbeams with the same noname-phantasm.

>Yuki Kajiura is doing the OST for Heaven's feel

>kys

You forgot
>even if they don't deserve to be saved
Here, you have it.

I wish everyone on Sup Forums read this shit VN so that we could stop pretending that's good, since It would stop having worth for Sup Forums in the moment that it became mainstream.

What the hell happened to her? I feel like I used to hear her music in at least one or two things every year but lately she's been off the map.

I don't know what's worse about this post, the blatant newfaggotry, the wasted trips, or the implication that Fate didn't become mainstream years ago

>I don't know what's worse about this post
>Fate didn't become mainstream years ago
Let me help you then, the worst thing is that you can't interpret a simple sentence. Fate is extremely popular, but not the VN, the anime is, which is why we use the VN to feel superior about ourselves, talking down to secondary plebs and mainstream fans who only watched ufotable's pedestrian adaptation.

Apply yourself, user. I was a good guy this time, but you won't always have someone to hold your hand like this.

> feel like I used to hear her music in at least one or two things every year
It must be your impression. She didn't worked in that many projects, but everything she did was God-tier.

I interpreted it just fine. The VN is mainstream, there are normie anime YouTubers uploading playthroughs of it. We talk down to secondaries because they pretense knowledge about the franchise they don't have and make themselves look like idiots. Take this thread that just came up

I thought it was pretty awful. Not like it's really ufotable's fault though. The route's story is complete nonsensical shit. ufotable needs to stop adapting video game/nasu garbage, all their talent is going to waste.

Not an argument.

>Not like it's really ufotable's fault though
Bait

>normie

Fai that you?

>All I want is a Mind of Steel adaptation
Man, your guys' keyboards must be really messed up.

Should have been Heaven's Feel.

>but I felt like the anime dragged too much with all the exposition and nothing happens moments.

This is true. I remember being hype as fuck for Shiro/Archer inside the reality marble in the VN. When you watch the anime, it's a LOT of talking and not a lot of action.

Can we all agree that DEEN adaptation has the best OST?

youtube.com/watch?v=zkgjc9HdTZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=iF8I-nc5Hog

Is that you, devil?

It wasn't very good thanks to ufotable's inability to show you an action scene without infodumping everything.

However I forgive them becuase they gave us the epilogue we deserved, and generally all the made-up scenes were usually great

>Giving Ilya firepower
>Taiga going to Kerry's grave
>Gil and Shinji invading the castle
>Castah no Mastah

In what timeline are VNs mainstream?

They did make the single best opening out of any fate related series:
youtube.com/watch?v=V47Q8ir79eE

Much better than that overrated edgefest Fate/Zero. Better animation, better OST, and they took the "I'll protect everyone" trope and tore it to pieces. I loved how the very sounen-esque MC was treated like he was an insane PTSD victim the whole time, and he couldn't even win the last fight despite having muh power of friendship.

Also, Tohsaka was raised from annoying loli to hot waifu, father Kotomine did something good for once.

Ufotable did all wrong. They should did:

1) Prologue of FSN (OVA 45 min)
2) Fate route (TV anime 13 episodes)
3) UBW route (8 OVA 40 min)
4) HF route (Film Triology 120 min)
5) Last Episode
And then Fate/Zero (25 episodes)

What do you think?

But you posted their worst opening.
Here's the best:
youtube.com/watch?v=Qy7Q77ZD_ME

>He has not seen Bob Ross, beat the devil out of it.

That pic is right on the money about Tamamo though.

Fuck that boring ass shit, op 2 was nice and catchy.

>4) HF route (Film Triology 120 min)
The cooking scenes ALONE would take that! Not a bad setup. Not sure if 8 OVAs would be enough for UBW, and I stand by my belief that if Fate ever gets animated Nasu should just do what he said he would and rewrite it. Other than that it would be work.

Something I've always wondered: Did the zerofags back in 2011 know of the DEEN anime beforehand, or was F/Z literally their first exposure to anything made by Nasu?

Are you going to tell me that Saber Venus was a good idea?

>Boring
Found the pleb.

This OP sounds too generic for my taste, any of the Zero's or UBW openings are better. Disillusion is above all of them though.

I would like to see someone merge all three routes into one story.

Wasn't that what Deen tried to do?

Hollow/Ataraxia anime when?

It was trash. Only Fate/Zero's worth anything.
>inb4 secondareeeeeeeeee

This. Kiritsugu was a cool and dark adult with a deep philosophy, while Shirou was just an immature teenager. Zero was made for the seinen audience after all.

I watched a bit of the DEEN anime but quickly dropped it because it was trash.

the OST is fantastic. I really love fate/zero's because it's hype as shit but Kenji Kawai's has a wider range of great tracks and floods my brain with nostalgia

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKCCs9DNEJs
youtube.com/watch?v=WJXw0lL5-vA

>Better OST
Other than F/Z not having an EMIYA theme you're just baiting

>not Disillusion 2010
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7n2IDDx_Q

This, Nero was okay in Extra but the Nerofagging in Extella was cancerous.

It makes sense when you consider imperial privilege grants her access to skills like divination. EX rank even allows her to change her own body when using IP skills. Venus was just an extension of a personal skil she had since Extra.

I'm currently reading UBW and watching the anime at the same time. The anime feels very stream lined in my opinion. There's a lot less of Shirou reiterating the same thought over and over from slightly different angles.

>implying UBW wasn't seinen

I was disappointed that Disillusion didn't get a remix version for the UBW OP.

>As someone who didn't play the VN.
>Most of the first season was alright, but nothing too great.
>Season 2 was dumb, but fun as fuck. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.
I thought the pretty much the same, just wish we got more Caster/Kuzuki.

Its probably worth saying that near the end I found myself hoping that Gilgamesh would win.

Heavens Feel with Rin as the love interest should be the true route. And the true continuation of F/Z

Disillusion is catchy

The ED is good too

youtube.com/watch?v=Zc6G2yozzSg

Whenever I think of Fate, Disillusion is the first thing that pops in my head. Like for Tsukihime, Super Affection is the first thing I think of.

>Like for Tsukihime, Super Affection is the first thing I think of.

Then you are a secondary

>>not Disillusion 2010
No, Disillusion is a shit song, and it is in no way better than op 2.

Here's your (You), kid.

Saber > Sakura > shit > Rin

This

Rin>Sakura>Saber

Illya > Saber > shit > nail fungus > Rin > Sakura