Youjo Senki

Why does her magic seem so weak in the Anime compared to the Manga?

Tanya doesn't deserve this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eAvUpAEEQOo
youjo-senki.jp/special/other.html#StvdSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did the anime not follow LN or manga character designs?
Why did the anime chose to not use WW2 uniforms and guns?
Why did the anime ignore all comical misunderstandings between Tanya and other officers?
Why isn't the anime giving enough attention to the mental corruption and slow conversion of Tanya?

Only 12 Episodes, simple answer.

Why is Tanya so ugly?

She looks great in the ln

>Why did the anime chose to not use WW2 uniforms and guns?
Because it's not WW2

Then maybe, just maybe, this adaptation is shit when you take yout time to think about it. They want to rush it so they can introduce Mary but because the volumes are so big, they just gut the whole thing.

I don't fucking care, it's not WW1 either. They use WW2 uniforms in the source material and a responsible adaptation should stick to it.

Why do people still think the ln is set in ww1 ww2? The fucking author states it himself its a different timeline being x isekia'd tanyja into a different timeline

will tanya age in the show?
will i see christmas cake tanya?

>it's a different timeline

It's a timeline on the verge of the first world war.

>it's not WW1 either.
Technically it is. Both by their history and by its function. The empire never fell. So there was no need for a big propaganda war.
>They use WW2 uniforms in the source material
Maybe because he didn't do his research.

>Why did the anime not follow LN or manga character design

For improvement. Designs are way more interesting and recognizable.

> Why did the anime ignore all comical misunderstandings between Tanya and other officers?

Did we really watch the same thing?

How is tanja sopposed to fight a character litraly named mary sue? Its not the first one dum dum in the manga you can see panzer 3 and reneults fighting or do you mean the first one in that setting ?

Anyone has all Youjo Shenki episodes?
I think I missed the last two.

I am still waiting for episode 12 to be redone. There was some serious QUALITY in the version I downloaded from the studio files.

youtube.com/watch?v=eAvUpAEEQOo

The channel has them all

>Technically it is. Both by their history and by its function. The empire never fell. So there was no need for a big propaganda war.
It's their 1st world war, not ours. The author decided to use many things from our WW2 as well as from our WW1 while making it.
Again, the problem is the adaptation.
>Maybe because he didn't do his research.
He did a lot actually, he even hired a historianfag to help him out on what's what.

>For improvement. Designs are way more interesting and recognizable.
I'll give it to you that this is very subjective and that animating something with the style found in the LN art would be expensive. But I still prefer the original designs because they are objectively superior in quality and detail.
>Did we really watch the same thing?
We did but you didn't read a single thing from the source material, not even the translated bits of the manga. Because if you did you'd know that everytime Tanya and a superior officer is talking, one misunderstands the other horribly and Tanya ends up in the front lines because of it.

I hate how they look exactly the same in the LN.

>The author decided to use many things from our WW2 as well as from our WW1 while making it.
Which creates inconsistencies. It's the same problem as Izetta had. Labor posters in an imperial German empire?
What the fuck?

The uniforms of the German empire grew naturally. The fresh uniforms of WW2 were a strict restart to underline the new line. Using them in a WW1 makes no sense.

He hired a historian for the ln why? It has magic What's the point?

I think you're sopposed to know who who is bye looking at the height idk ln's are shit i like the manga more

Get it through your thick skull, the problem is not what the author deliberately picked from our history to create his own version or how our own history evolved.
The problem is having the anime adaptation of the source material stray away so much from it.

Because it's better and easier to create a story with pre-existing stuff from our reality instead of making it all up.

>The problem is having the anime adaptation of the source material stray away so much from it.
Not really.

>straying away from the source material is not really an issue
>creating almost an entire new story is totally fine
Yeah, no.

>an entire new story
We are talking about uniforms here.
Don't move the goalposts.

We are talking about much more than just uniforms, scroll all the way up and read what started this whole chain.

You are inflating the topic I responded to because you lack arguments.
The uniforms are not a problem.

Just because it's different to the source material doesn't mean it's bad.

Want to see a non-argument? The retard who didn't read a single page of the source material and thinks that it's not really a problem to have an animated adaptation ignore a bunch of important shit and change a bunch of other shit is bitching about arguments after presenting none.

>Want to see a non-argument?
Another one?
You've been delivering nothing but. No, thanks.

>that it's not really a problem to have an animated adaptation ignore a bunch of important shit
Not him, but YS LN is 95% words.
How do you fucking see it animated 100%?
It'll be 26 series and 20 of those would be prose on top of stills.
Would yo enjoy that?

Look, you don't have to strawman this. I don't want a totally loyal adaptation that doesn't skip anything, that would be simply a terrible idea.
All I'm saying is that they chose to cram 3 entire volumes in 12 episodes for the sake of showing us Mary, the crazy bitch that will nearly kill Tanya. And by doing this they have to either skip or change a bunch of stuff, like what the other officers beside Rerugen think about Tanya, what each is thinking during an important conversation about Tanya and the war and how this eventually leads to poor Tanya's demise.
And on top of that they decided to change small elements of the story entirely, like the weapons, uniforms and even Tanya's own behavior.

Part of the appeal of this show is to see Tanya try her hardest only to get screwed later isn't it? Well, apparently that's not what they're aiming for since they gutted a ton of moments of this kind.

>cram 3 entire volumes in 12 episodes for the sake of advertising LN
Gee user, couldn't you like enjoy the show on it's own?
You're a big boy supposedly, don't you think it's kind of time to learn not to expect much from LN promo adaptations?
It's painfully clear that this will not be log horizon or sao, it'll be Overlord.
Suck it up, you're going to be starving for content after it finishes.

What if the recap is Tanya going over her own memories to remember how she got the Rosary?

What if CR will delay again?

Not an argument.
Sasuga neo-Sup Forums.

What argument would you like?
Yes, they're cutting corners in anime.
I'm surprised that you're surprised over it is all.

Not surprised, just frustrated to see so much wasted potential. If only this kind of shit only happened to stuff like Oreimo and Re:Zero.

>Not surprised, just frustrated to see so much wasted potential.
Could it be picrelated?
Because we all do that here.

How will the LN go on about Germany's surrender and Tanya's life after the war? WIll she become a believer?

Unknown.
LN available in runes up to vol7 and in chink up to vol 4 I think.
Latest development is Tanay getting command over Kampfgruppe "Salamander".

We don't know.

>Why did the anime not follow LN or manga character designs?
Because LN designs are too costly to animate and manga designs are not good in my opinion.
Is this really an issue? World War I weaponry is more fitting.
>Why did the anime ignore all comical misunderstandings between Tanya and other officers?
12 episodes. Don't worry, they're using other things to make us laugh. But it's a shame nonetheless.
>Why isn't the anime giving enough attention to the mental corruption and slow conversion of Tanya?
Maybe it'll show up in later episodes. Also, don't forget that anime gives much more attention to Tanya's conflict with Being X.

Think the popularity surge of the anime will get a group on the LN translations that doesn't work slow as molasses?

>Because LN designs are too costly to animate and manga designs are not good in my opinion.
Yes, we can agree on that. Except the "good in your opinion" bit.
>Is this really an issue? World War I weaponry is more fitting.
It is and no it is not, the story is way past the year our WW1 ended.
>12 episodes. Don't worry, they're using other things to make us laugh. But it's a shame nonetheless.
I hope so, because it seems like they want to focus on how edgy she is.
>Maybe it'll show up in later episodes. Also, don't forget that anime gives much more attention to Tanya's conflict with Being X.
That would require backtracking and that would be terrible. And no, it doesn't give much more attention to Tanya x Being X.
If it did, it wouldn't ignore her mental corruption entirely.

>slandering Nigel and Sky
You fucking wot mate!?

It's hard fucking runes.
We've got more luck having Jew Press turn it's uglyass attention towards it.
It would do good for this specific series.
But alas: those faggots will wait until vol3 is translated and normie hop on the hype train before DMCAing it to abyss.

>Nigel
>Caring about DMCA

Because the WW2 uniforms are:
>Less aesthetic unless you're a dumb wehraboo
>Make no sense (Why would there be new uniforms if there was never a military restructuring?)
>Way too common in other media
Same thing with weaponry:
>More unique due to a lack of WWI media
>Make more sense for the time period

They cause minor inconveniences like during Overlord Drama CD#6 TL.
Also US-based TL actually take DMCA seriously.

I think you should learn to divorce your thoughts from the source material and judge the anime on its own merits.

This

Carlo Zen's Valentine's Day Short Story up.
youjo-senki.jp/special/other.html#StvdSs

>>Less aesthetic unless you're a dumb wehraboo
Not an argument.
>>Make no sense (Why would there be new uniforms if there was never a military restructuring?)
Strawman.
>>Way too common in other media
Not an argument.
>>More unique due to a lack of WWI media
Unique doesn't make it better. A subjective view on WW1 uniforms is that they're bland as fuck.
>>Make more sense for the time period
Time period is way past WW1 and WW1 tech.

I think that's such an easy thing to say when it's not you who spent money and time supporting the source material.

>Strawman.
How?

Your fault for investing in a piece of crap fiction, trips-kun.

>Time period is way past WW1 and WW1 tech.
And WW II did not happen.
They have no experience on which they could improve\redesign weapons, uniforms, tactics and strategies.

Are you fucking baiting?

>I think that's such an easy thing to say when it's not you who spent money and time supporting the source material.
Not an argument.
LN and anime are 2 completely different mediums.

>WW II did not happen.
fug, I meant WW I did not happen on time.

>Time period is way past WW1 and WW1 tech.
>5 years
>Way past WWI and WWI tech

>12 Episodes
Did they think this show would have mediocre sales ?

Who is the other girl?

Could you spoil a poor user that cannot into moonrunes?

Visha.

It's not about whether it makes sense or not, the story has magic in it for fucks sake. It's about not pissing on the things that made a profitable adaptation financially possible to begin with, mainly the deliberate choices made by the author when creating his story. Be those the setting or character interactions.

See above.

Different mediums or not, if one is to be based on the other then make it based on the other instead of making stuff up.

5 years is time enough to start and end a WW. And again, see above. It's not about what is supposed to make sense on a magically inbued story.

Visha.

>see above
Why?
WW I did not happen on time, they managed to avoid it for another five years which means they don't have experience to redesign shit.

What's there to see above?

>It's not about whether it makes sense or not,
To a lot of people, it seems to be.

Magic or no, stories should make sense.

>I think that's such an easy thing to say when it's not you who spent money and time supporting the source material.
I understand it's not an easy thing to do and I fall prey to it as well at times, but it's still a much better way to approach anime than judging them from an LN purist perspective.

>It is and no it is not, the story is way past the year our WW1 ended.
But this isn't our world and in their world there was no such thing as World War I before the events of the story. So your argument makes absolutely zero sense.
>I hope so, because it seems like they want to focus on how edgy she is.
Nice bias and nice buzzword.
>That would require backtracking and that would be terrible. And no, it doesn't give much more attention to Tanya x Being X.
If it did, it wouldn't ignore her mental corruption entirely.
They can always begin the process at different time. You, know, this anime is called "adaptation", not "recreation".

This is the greatest.

Is it true original Japanese page was a photoshop?

>What's there to see above?
Your lack of intelligence. The geopolitical situation of the story is entirely different from what we had in our world back then to begin with.

Those people are hypocrites. This story has magic, constant divine interventions and lack of self awareness toward children and women going to brutal wars.
It makes no sense at all if you think about it. But you're not supposed to think about it and you're not supposed to try and appeal to whatever happened in our world when trying to defend changes made to the magical story.

>But this isn't our world and in their world there was no such thing as World War I before the events of the story. So your argument makes absolutely zero sense.
Exactly. You're the first one to notice how it's bullshit when I also try to make an appeal using our history, congratulations.
>Nice bias and nice buzzword.
Edgy being a buzzword doesn't make it any less true, they really made her that way in the anime.
>They can always begin the process at different time. You, know, this anime is called "adaptation", not "recreation".
It's called "adaptation", not "reinvention".

Yes.

Fuck this shit, he's retarded

TL;DR: 1918 < 1923 < 1939 and this is reason enough for people with half a brain.

>I STILL don't get it and now I'm making shit up
Really, no, it's not going personal. I'm sorry for having confused your posts with the average strawman.

So will Tanya grow up to be a hardcore sadomasochist dyke? Or will she give in to the power of dick despite being a Japanese salaryman on the inside?

>Edgy being a buzzword doesn't make it any less true, they really made her that way in the anime.
How so? Because I don't really see anime Tanya being more "edgy" than manga Tanya.
>It's called "adaptation", not "reinvention".
Yes, it's an adaptation which means they can change source material and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They have zero obligations to recreate the same story, but in different medium. I would say these types of adaptations are the worst.
Faithful adaptation =/= Good adaptation

She's promotionsexual.
Occasionally she will scissor Visha after a good raid on commie puppet state and a good cup of coffee.

she'll be a hardcore SM dyke who occasionally loses to the dick.

I don't understand why the uniforms even matter. Whether they're from WW1 or WW2, what difference does it make to the story?

HE DOESN'T LIKE THEM.
And we're wrong to disagree with him.

Uniforms are nice.

Yes she's edgy and yes she's also edgy on the manga. Initial point was that they're focusing on it while ignoring more important shit like how she's not edgy when praying and dealing with superior officers.

What makes a good adaptation is entirely subjective by the way. What is objective is that many who kept up with the source material feel like they're being given the finger right now.

>this is entirely about uniforms
Oh look, another fucking retard.

>many who kept up with the source material
Write a complaint.
Why are you trying to make anons agree with you?

Why don't you just accept the some people are fine with some changes (and necessarily others)?

>many who kept up with the source.
Actually you're the only one to raise this much of an stubborn ruckus about muh changes

It has

I'm not. I find that trying to convince people over the internet never works, regardless of how sound or sourced your arguments are.
I'm just that guy who is part of the fanbase that is displeased with how things are going and decided to just post about it since the OP was also complaining. Is that not what these threads are for?

Why don't you just accept the people who are not fine with a some(tons) of changes? I mean, welcome to the internet I guess.

On this thread, maybe.

>Is that not what these threads are for?
Oh, okay, carry on then.

>Visha after having sex with user.

>Why don't you just accept the people
I was always fine with them. I didn't call everybody who disagreed with me a hypocrite, for example.

>after
*instead
Here user, fixed that for you.

>Visha after having sex with Tanya.
ftfy

But user, people who say that they care about what makes more sense in a story when the story is actually senseless are hypocrites. Are they not?

I may have seen other people displeased with the changes. I haven't seen anyone else insulting people for having a different opinion about it and replying to every post trying to explain the changes. You can't accept people being fine with the anime. That's why you keep replying

>story is actually senseless
If you view it from LN googles only - yes.
Every your opponent made a point to enjoy a show separately from LN which you dismissed.

Not really. The story having some senseless elements doesn't mean it's allowed to make no sense at all.
That's like justifying DR3 by saying that the series was always senseless and stupid

is there any other animu like this one?

i dont watch anime but i watched this

Boku no pico.

ebin

I actually keep replying because of (You), user. I actually pitty the fools who don't know what they're missing and instead defend this monstrosity.

I could swear the anime also has magical little kids murdering people with the approval of the military. Doesn't make sense to me.

Point is that using sense as an argument for what is best for the adaptation of a senseless story is just dumb, my dear user.