It's shit

It's shit.

Thoughts?

Yeah it's pretty shit.

>I have shit taste.

Thoughts?

Watched it a long time ago but didn't really paid much attention. The animation was beatiful but the plot didn't really captivate me.

I'll give it another try sometime, since I liked Kotonoha no Niwa very much.

Shincuck's best movie.

Watched it when I was younger, liked it back then.
Dislike MC, he's pretty stupid.
Girl MC in Part 2 was nice.

The atmosphere of the island in part two, though was really nice.

5 wallpapers per second for a reason.

It's great.

You're right. The song was good though.

It's ok.
The characters are very 1 dimensional/superficial
the main character is literally a self insert for the viewer A tool for emotional manipulation and what little conflict the story has never gets resolved s you are left feeling extremely unsatisfied (which is also the point)
Looks very pretty especially the second act with all the cosmic night sky imagery and big sweeping shots of the backgrounds.
Your name is still his best film by a long shot.

Didnt like it when i first watched it, but the rewatch was pretty great

3>1>2

Thoughts?

Yeah it's pretty shit

been on my watch list for a while now purely for all the screens I see.
I might like it even if just for eye candy

One of my favorite movies.

His worst movie probably. Kimi no nawa perfected his shitty formula though.

It's a simple story of people growing apart. A lot of people seem to like it becuase of the visuals and relating to the MC. The story on it's own was pretty nothing. It attempted more to be an artistic piece rather than an a medium to convey a story. It's not "shit", but it is grossly over rated, like everything else he has made.

IMO, the only thing he's made with a decent story was hoshi no koe, but only becuase he essentially lifted the main plot points from gun buster.

Is the place promised in our early days underrated?
I think so.

It's good but the manga is better (surfer girl wins).

I couldn't finish this or 5cm/s when I watched them they were so boring. They aren't even that long, either.

It's the pacing even his extremely short films feel much longer than they actually are

I've not seen this in a while now. Watched it when it came out (or as soon as it was translated). I only recall the story being rather all of the place.