3 bed

>3 bed
>3 bath
>2 stories
>basement
>2 car garage

How did Al Bundy afford this? He was a shoe salesman at the mall.

Other urls found in this thread:

daveramsey.com/blog/how-teens-can-become-millionaires
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How you americans always do.
With massive amounts of debts

they never bought groceries, didn't have cable television, didn't spend $1000 a year on a new iphone, no internet, no netflix, no $7 coffee, etc

Better economy.

they were poor af in the show

Pimped out his whore daughter to the BBC that worked with him. She was doing it for free for years and they figured why not pay the bills as well.

Well, it was a different time and they also were very frugal. Dudes car was like 17 years old.

Peggy was obviously selling that ass.
She could suck dick in her sleep.

whom are you quoting

He sold Air Jordans for $100 each, that would get stolen by black people and would resell those shoes for another $100.

>She could suck dick in her sleep.
apparently not very well cause al never wanted to fugg

I can buy a 5 bedroom 2 bath for $35000 here. He lived in an old suburb. Housing is affordable if you're not living like rats in one of the kike-run cities. He lived frugally, drove an old car, and wasn't obsessed with spending his entire paycheck on big screen TVs, Porg dolls, or Starcucks.

A hard-working man, even making near minimum wage, can afford a house and two children. Even in this economy. It just requires hard work and sacrifice.

Remember when he reach a million miles? but then went over it without proof, so started driving across the country again. Classic Al.

it was an old house so they had a better live previously, poor as fuck in the show obviously. he hated his life but loved his toilet.

White privilege

>lived frugally
>always went to the titty bar

I do, that is actually the first thing I thought about when I saw the thread, I used to watch married w/children all the time when I was a kid and it was still on cable

A dollar in the g-string went alot farther in 1989 than it does in 2017 my dude.

Yeah you can buy a house for that but all your neighbors will be nignogs.

Why do you make this thread every single day?

>Pussy inflation
Bitches are giving it away for free...

same reason you get fucked by a moose and cucked by a spruce every day. It is in his nature.

The house was built in the 1950s, so in the 80s when he bought it, it would have been a 80-120k mortgage.
Well within the means of a manager of a shoe store, and easily paid off before the 30 year mortgage length.
Until he had kids.

Likely, he makes minimum payments on it, which would be about $250 a month.
The car is owned, and 17 years old. Al is likely mechanically minded and maintains it himself. He also likely does home repairs himself, as well as any plumbing or electrical work.
Maybe $150-200 a month in upkeep.

in the 90s, a family of 4 with a dog could live frugally on $350 a month for food.

Al probably brought home about $1800-$2500 a month. Not much, but enough to live very sparsely on when you have few obligations and no luxury items.

This is america. Back then it was just easier to own a house.

Not in the late 80s and early 90s, where the show takes place.

This is russian Al Bundy

Why is there a russian al bundy? What does that shirt say? Does it say "No Ma'am"?

The burger version is
>You have no health care
>You die

Yup. Quit being perpetual consumers and go socialize.
The best value homes never make it to market.
>1875sq/ft on .9 fenced acres
>3 bed 2 bath
>2 fireplaces
>off street parking
>good neighborhood and schools
>$35000 total
>$3500 down
>525 a month for 60 months, no early payoff penalties (pqying 850/mo rn)
>house appraised for almost 100k
>not even my first

Kek obviously also has no health care
>He's a burger too

>How did Al Bundy afford this? He was a shoe salesman at the mall.
the housing market is fucked because of speculative investors buying properties to lease.

shill says:
>its free market WINNING when you compete with Chinese investment groups to buy the house down the street from where you grew up.

Wages have remained stagnant for 30 years while the cost of living has gone through the roof.
shill says:
>work harder, get a 6th job, don't buy a coffee, and other bullshit that no one had to do 30 years ago.

Before outsourcing and open borders, the U.S. was a nice place for Europeans to live.

>samefagging on a board with post IDs
what are you doing with your life user

Minimum wage in the 80s had the same purchasing power as 25 $ today have.

That house also has secret tunnel to nudie bar which is hidden in basement. Bob roonie and jefferson are only ones besides al who knows the secret entrance.

>bez
without
>bab
slightly pejorative term for woman

parenst gifted/inheritance seed money for house /big down payment

/thread

Russian adaptation of show. Instead of house he lived in duplex flat, that's pretty fucking posh for Russia. Oh, and his daughter was got af.
>Does it say "No Ma'am"?
Something more like "No old hags"

>Senpai of 4, 5th due any day
>dont by box dinners and shit
>buy whats on sale for $1 pound
>makes own bread and shit, healthier and great out of oven with butter
>stews, soups, and casseroles
We eat good, home made food in my house for about $300-$350 a month. Our kitchenaid mixer gets a lot of miles, but was well worth the money.

Since I have your attention let me ask you something completely unrelated real fast. Why do russians love dixie/confederates so much? You guys seem to have a hardon for the american south

In the 90s Al Bundy was a loser but could afford a two story house and to raise 2 kids with a stay at home wife .

This is accurate. My dad was a college drop out who lived as well as Al Bundy. Life just gets harder and the future generations will have a worse time.

WHERE?

We love Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind.

>muh guns
>muh cowboys
>muh aesthetics

South has culture.

70k house in 1980

Checked, faggot.

In 1980's Chicago are that house probably cost $40k. No problem.

Greater Pittsburgh area, not in the city. I found them in Saltsburg, Jeannette, Greensburg, Avalon, Scottdale, Derry (no zoning there) and more.
Out in Cambria county (Johnstown area) you can buy houses for dollars but the onpy good jobs are power plant operator or working at one of the defence contractors and an engineer or something.

>iPhone
>Netflix
>in the 90s

You retarded mang?

Much better economy.
The prices of houses were much cheaper back then and the dollars buying power wasn't like today with its massive inflation. That house back in the 1970s or early 80s probably cost him 45-50k

Also
>didn't spend $1000 a year on a new iphone, no internet, no netflix, no $7 coffee, etc
This matter a lot

>senpai
Lol meant family.

>TV accurately depicts reality

>Starcucks.
Everyone makes fun of folgers but that shit is cheap when you buy it in bulk, just add sugar and milk for taste.
You drink coffee for caffeine not because it tastes good or for some exotic taste.

I chuckled.

I`ve seen Russian version of it. It was extremely fun, as retail salesmen make like 5000 a year there, and bank rates are never single digit.

before niggers ruined Chitown

What did people do in their free time before the internet?

Its a valid point. Back then ppl had the same cheap house phone forever. Now ppl drop a grand every year. Electronics pushed consumerism to new levels.
I tell people that all you have to do to retire a millionaire is this
>cut cable, save and invest that 1200-2k a year
>buy 50 smart phone not 800+ phone, save and invest that money
That puts you ahead of this article
daveramsey.com/blog/how-teens-can-become-millionaires

>90s
Thats the point. Add up what a typical house spends on phones/cable/internet/streaming services. Typical senpai of 4 prolly spends $3600 a year of this crap.

>what is a mortgage

we went outside and interacted with other human beings face-to-face

housing was cheaper then relative to income, so the show's premise wasn't as outlandish as it is today
they were also depicted as poor on the show, so even though they had a house they were just scraping by

sports, reading books, go outside with friends..

For all the Deus Volt and Seig Heiling this board is behind, I feel that the actual uniform if Sup Forums took to the streets would just be a bunch of dudes in "No Ma'am" t-shirts. I'm a 2XL for when the orders come in

I make $12/hr currently (have other money saved up, crypto/investments made from my mil contracting days, etc) doing a simple job for paper income, have a couple of different properties, most were "investment-tier" at 15-40k investment and are rented out, so it's additional monthly income.

See I'm not the only Ramsey fan. I am a millionaire already (28) but it's money that I'm never touching. Of course I got helped with that crypto bump, but even without that I would be sitting on a quarter million or more. It's doable. No kids, no wife, virgin (lol), I don't even give a fuck because I live comfortably. I invested early, worked a lot in my early years, never partied and never wasted money on stupid shit.

And they have nothing in savings or investments, and we haven't even factored in the $7 coffee 4x a week, the $7 fast food meal 2-3x a week, designer clothes and shoes every weekend with a new car note every 2-4 years.
And people wonder why over half the population doesn't have $5000 for an emergency or "cant afford a house".
Anyway, everyone seems to want these cheaply built cookie cutter mcmansions sold at a premium over a modest home that may need some tlc but is suitable for a family.

I bought 12 acres of land that had a mobile home on it in rural GA for $25k cash. Negotiated directly with landowner, no realtor. Works for me. And yes, everything you say is true. I do my finances down to the penny and I rarely eat out, I don't buy new clothes, etc. Just went to Goodwill the other day:

>pair of work pants: $2.25 (would cost $20-30 at a store)
>three pairs of nike sneakers $5 each (would cost $80-100+ or whatever new)
>two brand new dress shirts with tags $3.99 each (would cost $30-40 from a department store each)
>four ties, .99 each
>two leather belts, 1.99 each

I drink a lot of water, buy bulk items, cook/hunt for food, even McDonald's has gotten too expensive nowadays. I drink coffee, but I gt cheap ass store brand instant and roll with it. I work as a grocery store mid-manager so I get access to a lot of markdowns and shit too. Just got some gallon water jugs the other day, 25 cents apiece, because when they came in from the warehouse the labels were missing. Can't sell them normally like that, so they get marked down, can't beat 25 cents for a gallon of water that you can store for years.

30. Been close to a mil but havent broke it. Made anywhere from 24k-98k in last 10 years doing stupid labor jobs learning trades then O&G, started business after bust.
Other peoples money. I do contracts, not mortgages. Put 3500 down on house, 10% of buying price, with 5 yr term with 525 payment. I rent it out immediately for 900/mo.
This is my 5th time doing this. I have less than 15k of my money in my 5 properties. I invest at least 3k a year, and started back in 04 just before the collapse (was foster kid and had court permission to enter contracts early bc I was fucked). Might sell a bunch bc buy low sell high, but it is doing very well.
I find these places by being active in community being a bod of non-profit and by doing volunteer work for old ppl. A lot of them will sell their house for what they bought it for because they dont want to leave their kids shit and are so thankful that someone is helping them out of kindness. I never ask, I have been offered each time. I have passed a few offers up when I didnt have the stuff ironed out a few years back.
I have friends and family wanting to form an investment group on my plan, but im hesitant. Wouod be nice to take 300k and execute that plan on some 90 houses, generating over a mil a yr if I stick with my averages I have now.

run around the woods and throw dirt clods at each other.

>Didn’t buy groceries
Photosynthesis? Wtf

It was as running gag on the show that there was no food in the house, and if there was anything then Peggy either didn't cook it or ruined it.

Not actually recommending not eating food, but none of them were fat...

desolate poverty was a better deal 30 years ago

Wow, exactly!

Can confirm. Dirt clod wars used to be huge.

Lol. I do everything the same. Thrift stores, retread tires, same clothes since high school, old cars, cheapest smartphone money can buy, and buy bulk.
I just smile and nod at people stuck in their paradigm. I've spent years building this off not much more than minimum wage.

I work as a copywriter in a Polish advertising agency, I work full time, write scripts for commercials for international brands like Mercedes and I earn $1000 a month.

Even if you were a kid alone, you had plenty of stuff to do
- Play the video game you rented, or one of the few you had
- Read comic books
- MAKE your own comic books, draw
- Watch TV
- Do puzzles

The mortgage was most likely $300 - $400 a month. Maybe less of they bought it in the early to mid 1970s.

>drinking unlabeled water
how the fuck are you going to tell what its ingredients are?

He was selling upskirt and feet pics to local politicians, and he had them paying him off once he had dirt on them....

If you live long enough farce becomes reality.
> 1980's NO MA'AM
> 2010's MGTOW.