Does Shaman King deserve a proper adaptation?

Does Shaman King deserve a proper adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/takeimokei/status/831477107603550208
youtu.be/QjvN2GimsVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RWnFrU7NDkk
youtube.com/watch?v=9KNCtw8be5g
youtube.com/watch?v=h_yG---4mTU
youtube.com/watch?v=Nrvd-CwGp3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nah

All I remember from the anime is Yoh farting.

Kenshin needs one first

Is it actually a good manga? Why isn't the anime?

Nah, the manga only looks good because how shitty the anime is.

The mangaka refused an offer for a new adaptation

twitter.com/takeimokei/status/831477107603550208

probably what prompted this thread, wonder why they could't get the old VA's back

I liked the anime.

Things are better if you see the anime as an anime, and don't try to compare them with the source material.

>wonder why they could't get the old VA's back
It is very likely the sponsors want to better promote the show by using more marketable new stars. If they were to have a remake they need it to be multiple cour, i.e. something that airs in prime time and sell merchandise to kids. They are unlikely to want it be midnight anime targeting adults who were fans of the old school stuff.

The amount of episodes needed to tell a Shaman king story just doesn't work in a midnight timeslot. So it was either go big or go home. And the author decided to go home.

it's a shame, especially since anna's va is pretty good

youtu.be/QjvN2GimsVQ

LOOK AROUND YOU, LOOK BEYOND

Yes, if only to see her animated

YOU COULD MAKE AN UNBREAKABLE BOND

anime was pretty cool. the Iron Maiden holy people entrance was hype

THE WORLD AROUND YOU IS NIT WHAT IT SEEMS

ITS ALL REVEALED BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREEEEEEEEAAAAAAMS

wtf is this shit

Best girl, duh.

a page from a japanese comic book

Honestly, I never got to finish the manga, but when I compare both versions of Tao house raid, and Ryu's character arc - I like anime's version better.

Remember the 4kids dub?

this, it deserves it more

it's a girl using ancient aliens as an OverSoul

Without question.
Oda clearly drew inspiration from Hao in Blackbeard.

when ever i re-read the manga i read it using the dub voices or at least the ones I remember
you sure? he's a free spirit like Hao sure, but his motivations so far seem to be complete selfish and greedy, where Hao's were defined by a deep rooted hate for humanity

they both worked for watsuki on kenshin so maybe shishio was an inspiration for both Hao and Blackbeard

SO MANY THINGS I NEEEVER COULD SEE

Explain in triplicate at the least

For the millionth time YES

There better be an anime remake for the 20th anniversary or Japan should get another 2 nukes

>Is it actually a good manga?
Yes, it's a fantastic manga

>Why isn't the anime?
It takes a lot of liberties and it was directed by 2003 FMA director which is all you need to know

It's fun but it sucks compared to the manga

It's a pity, the Italian opening theme was 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=RWnFrU7NDkk

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fucking Takei WHAT THE FUCK

Fuck my life ;_;

Polish one is better
youtube.com/watch?v=9KNCtw8be5g

>he refused because no old voice actors and couldn't re-use the original soundtrack from back in the day

Is Takei literally me?

Why is Lyserg so cute, bros?

>Liking Xebec's fanfiction over the original version
Disgusting

>those cringy lyrics

It's Megumi fucking Hayashibara

What I expected
>Look at this useless character grow into something

What I got
>Look at this not mc, isn't he cool and strong, he's mc now, look at him being cool and strong

>implying russian verison isn't the best
youtube.com/watch?v=h_yG---4mTU

Part of me wants to be mad about his but I can sort of respect wanting the old VA's and music back.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nrvd-CwGp3A

Which is your favorite?

It's pretty refreshing...especially his personality
It's also refreshing that he doesn't even end up being the strongest in his group

He's friends with some of the actors like Megumi Hayashibara for example

Yuuko Sato should be Yoh, Megumi should be Anna and Romi Paku should definitely be Ren

I felt sad when he said "maybe there will be another opportunity in the future" though because there might not be one after this

I always got a kick out of Motorcycle-no-Orochi

I used to really love this op when I was a kid.

God this is so hard to decide
I like Matamune, Amidamaru, Bason, Morphine...and of course Spirit of Fire

I like how Spirit of Fire just gets wheels on his feet for an intermediate power up, and then they just disappear in the next. Also Matamune a best

This is a 40 year old cake

I love the way Takei draws grils

Come one, you can't pretend these additional scenes with Ryu weren't awesome as fuck.

No, because most of the plot points were shit.

>hey do you want to learn this chokko roccketto something technique that boosts you by 1000%
>nah

>oh shit dying and coming back made me stronger
>oh no all the protagonists died and came back

>I'm a fucking lego figure

>I'm choco, remember the time I was relevant
>yeah me neither

>dude yo- I mean his evul twin brother or something is still a thousand times stronger than all of us together
>oh shit gotta asspull something

No not really
They completely changed how Ryu met Anna for example in the Anime

I really hate how they overplay his gay/pedo tendencies in the Anime too

Fucking bullshit

Everyone of the MC's learned the Cho-Senji Ryakketsu

The whole "dying makes you stronger" was established since Yomi Cave and is an actual belief in Shamanism you speedreading piece of shit

Chocolove is literally one of the most relevant characters in the series and he ends up being the goddamn strongest out of his group

Asspull my fucking ass you retarded speedreader
Did you somehow miss the whole goddamn manga? Matamune regretting his betrayal of Hao? Fucking Mappa Douji oneshot explaining Hao's backstory?

Stick to Bleach nigger that's more your speed

So how do people feel about Takei's integration of machinery into later spirit designs. The X-Laws were probably the first example of this but it lent to their unique appearance. But as the cast leveled up more; Ren had a Passenger plane for his OS, Ryu got wheels (this makes sense though) And all of the armor oversouls became machinery.

I don't think it's bad but I've heard complaints about it in past threads. Personally I liked it better when OS had more of a natural aesthetic and things like the Angels (which were machine spirits) kept the mechanical look. Although I also think the Armor OS designs looked good overall.

>I'm choco, remember the time I was relevant
You mean Horo Horo?

>They completely changed how Ryu met Anna for example in the Anime
It's been years, I absolutely don't remember either version. Can you briefly explain why is one better than the other?

And I like how Ryu was shown as honorable guy even before the Tokageroh incident, as opposed to complete prick and basically gag character he was in the manga at this point.

I don't bother to learn the names of VA's usually

what can i say takei's a machine fag weather that mean construction equipment cars or mechs he seems to love'em all

personally I love it

This is difficult. Either Marco, Matamune or Horohoro

Was Choco actually relevant later down the line? I heard about his backstory but nothing more. I'm starting to consider picking this back up.

he has a whole story arc, lyserg is the one with the least focus in the story

This was my fucking childhood but to be honest, I don't remember much other than Horo Horo's sister naked.

That said I read the manga's ending and I'm fucking mad. Glad they won't adapt that shit.

Latin dub was better.

I'd refuse the offer too if British Lenny was off the table.

Whether it gets the Brotherhood treatment or the Final Act treatment, it's guaranteed to happen at this point. With the new manga arc releasing this spring, I'd expect an announcement by the end of 2017.

Not after reading this news. He's an idiot. The manga is not even that popular.

Mmmh
Shaman King is not that popular, he's asking way too much for

>There better be an anime remake
remakes suck, just make a sequel that will up to the original.

Final part turned into a mini tournament with silver and friends. Fuck that but otherwise it was okay. I'd love that and a YYH remake of the last arc. Also, mexican opening a best.

But the anime took another direction, there's no way to retcon that

>Shaman King is not that popular
I thought it was popular around early 2000. How did it die for real.

Reminder, Anna is a cunt and worst girl.

Probably because the author wasted two volumes on a boring ass flashback

> Remember that the franchise exists
> Still no fucking Flowers sequel/continuation

What the fuck

So how is Rurouni Kenshin? I never got into it.
Depending on your answer I might have to buy the Vizbig editions.

Not really. In all honesty, Despite having really cool designs and decent art, the entire plot revolves around power levels (the worst I've seen in any shounen) and the plot feels really scattered and unfocused, as if the mangaka was making it up as he went.

>the plot feels really scattered and unfocused
this is the main draw desu

It follow Yoh's philosophy of everything will just turn out fine. It's about the journey and experiences you get on it.

As for power levels, since they never do beat the main bad guy nor ever had a chance, it's really not a problem. They're there to make things clear, but never the focus.

>as if the mangaka was making it up as he went
Isn't it always the case with WSJ (and alike series)? The author starts with some basic premise, than along with their editor they have to adjust to readers' demand, changing stuff around until they find the right formula, and even after that. There's no much time for some long-term planning, and at some point story just starts living it's own life. And to make matter worse, the weekly schedule oftem drives mangaka into health problems. I think One Piece (with all it's flaws) is an interesting exception in that it already runs 20 years (and will run for another 10) but Oda has ending and some milestones planned from the beginning, they just keep moving further ahead. The irony is that he was allowed (by fans and magazine) the slow start everyone else wanted to have.

Was One Piece's start really that "slow"?

Great anime if you stop watching after the Kyoto arc. Kenshin vs Shishio was fucking insane.

What happens to it after the Kyoto arc then? And what about the manga?

Two things. A shit ton of anime filler and the last arc didn't get adapted

kenshins back story is the best part witch actually was adapted as an ova called trust and betrayal

>since they never do beat the main bad guy nor ever had a chance, it's really not a problem.
Except it makes all of their efforts to stop him in vain. Why even read a story where nothing the heroes do matter because the bad guy is fated to win anyways?

Well, he was allowed to gather crew members in these short arcs until the things really started to heat up. Kubo wasn't allowed to make more short stories in Karakura and had to rush int Soul Society, Kishimoto couldn't do arcs introducing teams from different villages one by one, and had to do a tournament arc (and by the time he started liked it, he was forced to interrupt it). That's kinda what I meant.

Well sounds like I should just read the manga then.

Because it was about doing best they can for themselves and getting all those friends. When I look at it, I'm so happy I could read it and meet Ryu. There were some really memorable moments and it was a great adventure. Ending with a big battle would just make it more run of the mill. It wouldn't add anything.

Oda had to rush to the Grand Line too though, he had shit planned for Logue Town that was moved into anime filler because he couldn't do it. I guess it wasn't comparable to the other two, though.

Yes and the Jinchu arc is suppose to supplement that as Kenshin's backstory is explained in the Jinchu arc. Remember Tomoe's brother? He's the villain of that arc. Instead we get a rushed 2 episode ova.

but they do stop him, they get him to change his mind

He ended up being the most powerful of his group
He received some great character development along with it

I red the manga i just thing the backstory part is the best

If I recall correctly, he was the one doing the rushing at this point, since he wanted to start the Grand Line at chapter 100.

Well then I guess that's that.

I kinda like it though I think he overdid at times and forgot the naturalistic part

Great Spirit being an oversized Gundam was kinda disappointing

The anime ost is top notch tough, and the fillers in between were pretty fun

He only delayed his decision.

Well, a big battle would sure be more satisfying than watching some douchebag become an invincible god, all while the heroes and the rest of the world are at his mercy. I'm all for character development and making friends, but there's no sense of purpose when their efforts are made moot so shamelessly.

>fillers in between were pretty fun
>liking filler
With the exception of G-8 in One Piece, this reeks of heresy.

In the manga Ryu sees Anna in the street and he falls in love with her. He tries to talk to her and she calls his hair weird

In the anime that scene isn't there at all IIRC and he just meets her in the Tokageroh arc...there's lot of things that are changed in the early parts in the Anime that bother the shit out of me

He was an "honorable guy" before Tokageroh in the manga too
When Tokageroh possesses him and he asks for Booze and Cigars his gang are like "waaaah Ryu-san didn't you say that you shouldn't drink until you're 21?" not sure what you're on about

>He only delayed his decision.
no he never did it