Why aren't there more tank anime?

Why aren't there more tank anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3.7_cm_KwK_36
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because tank anime is fucking retarded.

Tank dont sell in nippon that well then for example mechs or anything else.

Get me Nogami and ACTAS on the phone and tell them to animate Ribbon Warrior

Girls und Panzer is all we need. Now waiting for the inevitable adaptation of Ribbon Warriors and Little Army series hopefully

Because the only prominent tank anime discussions devolved in to wifu wars.

tanks only exist to serve as target practice for mecha, aliens or superpowered girls

Because mecha is shit

>based on aircraft
>no air surperiority

wait, where is the Panzer 38t gun?

You're retarded.

Well, there's the girls and then there's the panzer, most people don't know much about tanks so they talk about girls.

I think more people here have been inside of a tank than a inside a girl, but that's neither here nor there.

It only appeals to a niche market, and a lot of effort needs to be put into the show to make the tanks appealing and have the oomph that tank otaku are attracted to.

This fight is so fucking dumb it makes me want to cry.

wew pls nerf

Wasn't there something GuP related that was supposed to be released this month? Read it here a while ago, have I been rused?

>Mechs are done with futuristic tech
>tanks are cold war era

Cold war started in 191*, user?

It's boring

>mfw your years of being a nerd ruins it for you because you know they can't physically pull off half the shit they did

The movie was truly awful for this.

lmao good luck with those swords actually blocking a tank shell.

they're magic-reinforced

You don't need to be a "nerd" to see that half of their moves are unrealistic.

>all these delicous wehraboo tears

This one minute where the show was actually fun. And looking back on it now, it was actually really ugly looking.

Did the show have no money at all? It's so easy to make "witch flying on gun throws military equipment around" look awesome, yet this show failed. Talking, titty grabbing, and a whopping 3 minutes of witch-in-war combat in the whole thing.

The one in the center doesn't look like a tank.

Yeah, I expected more too. keikaku doori superscience vs. overwhelming witch power would have been great for example.

But instead it quickly went to mediocrity when Sophia was introduced, and then went to shit in the final episode.

The soundtrack was good though, I'll give it that.

Because all tank anime are equally garbage

Because nothing will ever top GuP

What is this

Because there is already a monopoly on that shit.

Because GuP is the "cute girls doing ____" genre. Tank war is stupid.

I'm fairly certain those tanks were armed with the worst gun the panzer 3 ever fought with, the 37mm.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3.7_cm_KwK_36

Even they could penetrate 34mm of 30 degrees RHA at 100 meters. I dunno how thick those swords were but a quick google says I could assume about 4 mm. even assuming it struck where two were layered, that's 8mm and she only angled it 45 degrees which would make it aprox 12 mm effective.

Her magic would need to give the swords more than 300% more effective thickness to stop the projectile. but it wouldn't take near that to deflect it enough to save her life.

fuck its magic it doesn't need an explanation, it was a cool moment in the fight.

it's really more of a sports anime

because mecha ruins everything

Because it's usually done with poor or jarring CG models, and the people behind the show typically don't know how tanks work.