The CDC just got a list of "forbidden words" to use in their documentations. The words include "vulnerable...

The CDC just got a list of "forbidden words" to use in their documentations. The words include "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based." This is NOT ok.

- washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html

>CDC gets list of forbidden words, including: fetus, transgender, diversity

>The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation's top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases -- including "fetus" and "transgender" -- in any official documents being prepared for next year's budget.

>Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden words are "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based."

>In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of "science-based" or "evidence-based," the suggested phrase is "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes," the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=udnauLOeDE0&app=desktop
blogs.cdc.gov/genomics/category/evidence-based-medicine/
cdc.gov/budget/documents/fy2018/fy-2018-cdc-budget-overview.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Time to act like normal humans

They just exhibited some of the atlantoaxial instability that is usually associated with the trisomie 21 genetic imbalance!

Source on thee qt?

>trump officials so triggered they ban words

Still better than enforcing them

who fucking cares
go talk about it on leddit
why are there so many threads about this crap

"political correctness" is a lie

all of it,all the words,all the texts,all the video propaganda ... all it supporters irrelevant & useless

therefore burning it all down would not create a single loss on any kind,it would actually unburden the body,the mind & society

when something is worthless,nobody will cry for it

Fuck you drumpftards for doing this, you fucking rural retards

it seems like they're trying to cut down buzzwords and actually have the CDC explain what they mean

also
>WaPoo

The best!

>"evidence-based" and "science-based."

The reason for this is because people are submitting bullshit papers that don't link any references.
It's the same when the news uses 'a source close to the president.'

>it seems like they're trying to cut down buzzwords and actually have the CDC explain what they mean
Fetus is not a buzzword and it is on the ban list.

Zika virus is one of the major diseases that the CDC is studying and it's biggest risk comes to fetal development. The whole "mosquitos and pregnant women" scare these past 18 months is because of this virus. Now the CDC has to tip down around this dangerous fetus virtus because "fetus" as a word just got banned.

To make it clear trump was not invovled in this: Trump was pro-choice right up until he became a presidential candidate. He supported transgender rights even during his presidential campaign. These are things that put at him odds with his more conservataive faith based colleagues. Trump would not be triggered by any of these words and "banning words" was never a part of his campaign promises.

While it didn't come from Trump himself, someone higher up, maybe someone he appointed, has made a fuckhuge mistake. There will be a massive shitstorm about this come Monday. That person is going to be forced to resign in the coming weeks.

You mad? I thought you liked banning words

>Stanhope is the epitome of verbal, Sup Forums tier shit posting.
My Nigga

Ha ha. But the CDC got some words as replacements:
Was=>Is now
vulnerable=>ambivalent
entitlement=>theft
diversity=> antiwhite
transgender=>queerpathic
fetus=>preborn
evidence-based=>jew science
science-based=>jew science

>science-based
can't have any of that in the center for disease control!

Those words are used to apply preferential treatment to one group over another
Transgender used in place of mentally ill
Fetus is used in place of unborn child
-based is used to feign supporting data without specifically referring to any
Banning the words (tools) themselves is easier than addressing all the ways they'd be employed individually
There you go; I hope the list makes more sense to you now

What’s the difference between fetus and unborn child?

Many people don't consider a fetus as a human being, abortion uses this as base against the "you're killing someone" argument.

Once again, what’s the difference? They have the exact same definition in a dictionary.

Even if transgender people are mentally ill, surely it's a specific mental illness that sometimes needs to be distinguished from other ones?

Same definition but unborn children implies humanity.

>you are inferior to me for not living in a large city
>this somehow magically means you are less educated than me too!

wew lad, that's not very progressive of you is it?

what if I was a goat herder from deep afghanistan? did you just hurl a racist slur towards me you bigot??

forbidden words in a budget proposal.

explain to me why these words benefit anything in a budget proposal?

enjoy dying alone in a city full of millions

Genuinely amazed the thread is an on-topic discussion instead of debate over the most redpilled fetish featured in OPs pic.

“Implies humanity” is justification for banning an equivalent word? Why?

Faggot bureaucrats BTFO, more cancer grant money for me

you mean like body dysmorphic disorder?

We should rule our own lands
Our enemies should be destroyed
Our heros are dead and our enemies are ruling over us.
No one will save us but ourselves

youtube.com/watch?v=udnauLOeDE0&app=desktop

>defending literal coprophilia
absolutely disgusting, consider suicide.

big if true

Okay Shadow the Edgehog.
But while you're here, you may be able to help me. Ages ago, during the Trump campaign, I saw a video someone made which was a speech about hyenas taunting a lion, set over footage of muslim happenings in Europe, been looking for it ever since, do you think you could find it?

Basically if humanity is implied upon a fetus it gets closer to be considered murder, but not really since it's on a budget plan paper.

>Now the CDC has to tip down around this dangerous fetus virtus
It's the opposite. Now they have to use the expression "unborn child", which is quite a bit stronger.
>While it didn't come from Trump himself, someone higher up, maybe someone he appointed, has made a fuckhuge mistake. There will be a massive shitstorm about this come Monday. That person is going to be forced to resign in the coming weeks.
Pfffffft. Nothing is going to happen you fucking retard.

No it's a fetish in which women are subservient to men, retard. If you're insecure in your sexual preferences its fine, but don't go around mislabelling others to make yourself feel better.

>what if I was a goat herder from deep afghanistan

The most bizarre part of liberalism: love rural retards who have nothing in common with you and who are 10,000 miles away; hate the ones with the same language and most of the same culture and who live 50 miles away.

Perhaps it's racism. That Afghan is brown so he has an excuse for not living up to urban ubermensch standards, rural whites have none.

Fuck off shill

Look up linguistic relativity. Language frames thought, Nietzsche knew this and the kikes definitely know this. Somebody post the beaver post on this topic. There are associations and implications to words that we sometimes aren't aware of.

"Of course 9/11 wasn't an inside job, because that's a conspiracy theory and conspiracy theorists are crazy!"

Somebody post the beaver pic, it's 1984 shit bro

Oh I see, it's just about dominance, totally unrelated that you decide to express your dominance by having women shit their pants

If you've ever had a child or a pet you've cleaned up shit, it doesn't mean you're sexually attracted to shit.

>Now they have to use the expression "unborn child", which is quite a bit stronger.
"Unborn child" covers all stages and is not scientific nor specific enough.

Fetus specifically refers to a stage.
>Zygote
>Embryo (itself made up of multiple stages)
>Fetus (after ~8 weeks)

You cannot start banning the science and terminology here because "muh feelins". A fetus is a fetus. An embro is an embryo.

I've had pets but I didn't own pets to fuck them or because I got off on it.

Notice how "embryo" and "zygote" aren't banned? Fuck off leaf

nigger

Orwell's Ministry of Truth

>Notice how "embryo" and "zygote" aren't banned? Fuck off leaf
That is because christian science isn't advanced enough and they have not heard of them yet. They only know the fetal stage "because that is a word invented by feminists who hate babies".

Also I thought it was the left who appealed to emotion and banned words and ideas that upset them? Why is the far right suddenly triggered as if they were a purple haired 14 year old girl on tumblr?

>"Unborn child" covers all stages and is not scientific nor specific enough.
Usage defines diction. The CDC can use it in place of fetus, and still use zygote and embryo as appropriate. Besides, the ban is just for budget documents. And the point, as you know but are pretending otherwise, is to prohibit the CDC from trying to get funding for abortions, gender transition, and global warming, none of which are their responsibility.

It's used to keep the pawns happy and content so they stand under their rule

>Also I thought it was the left who appealed to emotion and banned words and ideas that upset them?
You fucking retard, it's not about banning words that upset people, it's about prohibiting the CDC from including discussion about things that are not a part of their department in their budget write up

I really really hope someone is paying you to do this because if not your life is even sadder than I thought.

Someone's getting angry. You're telling me that the Center for Disease Control shouldn't be allowed to use the word vulnerable because it's outside of their jurisdiction? It's a ridiculous argument. They're literally responsible for controlling/minimizing vulnerability to diseases amongst the populace.

Don't even get me started on the ban on "evidence-based" and "science-based". You're all starting to sound exactly like the radical feminists who say that evidence is a tool of white male oppression.

"Usage defines diction" -- so they should just use a different word you like better in its place. This is fucking hilarious. The tumblrinas would say that you have no need for offensive, outdated terms because "usage defines diction." Let's ban the word "nigger" -- after all, there's no use for it! You can just use "black" with an angry tone.

Of course the purpose is to prohibit the CDC from doing things that the right doesn't like. That's obvious. Just like the tumblrinas try to suppress use of certain terms in order to prohibit people/organizations from doing things the left doesn't like.

>Diaper
>Redpill
Is this the power of anglo degeneracy?

>it's about prohibiting the CDC from including discussion about things that are not a part of their department in their budget write up

The CDC was mandated 4 decades ago to keep score on abortions. Age of mother, age of fetus, and if there were complications from the abortion procedure. This was fine through Nixon, Reagan, and two Bushes. Why is it an issue now to suddenly strike the word "fetus" from their reports? Why appeal to emotion now of all times?

Protip: the CDC sees abortions as a public health crisis. They track it the same way they track lung cancer and sudden infant death syndrome. They are not on the side of planned parenthood, or anyone's side.

Search for "the lion Christopher walken" that is the speech. Don't know what movie.

>Someone's getting angry.
I am, you're a fucking idiot and it makes me mad.
>You're telling me that the Center for Disease Control shouldn't be allowed to use the word vulnerable because it's outside of their jurisdiction?
Yes.
>They're literally responsible for controlling/minimizing vulnerability to diseases amongst the populace.
No they're not. They're responsible for containing and curing disease. "Minimizing vulnerability", what the fuck does that even mean? Nothing, which is the point.
>Don't even get me started on the ban on "evidence-based" and "science-based".
I'm a scientist. First author published twice, co-author published a half dozen times, written and edited many grants. Never once have I written or SEEN written "evidence based" or "science based" in any academic paper or publication. You don't say something is "evidence based", you present the god damned evidence. Or, if you don't have evidence, you explain what you don't know and why it's important enough that you should get money to figure it out. There is no context appropriate in a formal document issued by a scientific body for the use of "evidence based" or "science based", because that's the assumed behavior of everything the CDC does, and if it's not, that's a fucking problem. No, these phrases are used exclusively to imply that dissent is NOT evidence based or NOT science.
>"Usage defines diction" -- so they should just use a different word you like better in its place. This is fucking hilarious.
That's what the left has done for years. For example, turning hate of gays into "homophobia". Alinsky's fourth rule, faggot.
>Let's ban the word "nigger" -- after all, there's no use for it! You can just use "black" with an angry tone.
The CDC cannot use the word "nigger"
>Of course the purpose is to prohibit the CDC from doing things that the right doesn't like.
Yeah, IE, things that aren't its FUCKING JOB.

>thinks science-based is actually a good argument

The CDC is an organization, not a person, and it has changed dramatically in the last decade

>I'm a scientist. First author published twice
Is this "Science" book you wrote one where young children ride on the backs of baby triceratops? Creation science always makes me smile. Do you have a blog I can read?

>forbidden words
>"evidence-based" and "science-based"

I study acinar to ductal metaplasia.

In actual scientific writing you would never use such an expression, you simply present your evidence.

>Never once have I written or SEEN written "evidence based" or "science based" in any academic paper or publication
You cannot be serious.

Like you've ever read a scientific paper in your life and are not just copying that pathetic excuse from another post you read on here.

>not knowing it’s their freedumbs to ban whatever words they want.

like its not true

Because there is an army of shills and dumb fucking retards who will just post and repost threads about whatever the top CNN and WaPo headlines are at the time.

god who invented this baby diaper fetish? This is one of the most disturbing and disgusting things ever

All of you idiots are missing the point.

It isn't that the CDC can never say "fetus" in anythimg ever again. These words are only prohibited in BUDGET REQUESTS.

So what they're not allowed to do is go "we need $10 billion to increase transgender diversity in our staff, we need $10 bil to conduct science-based [xyz]" etc etc. Good or bad love it or hate it this has nothing to do with writing papers and everything to do with money.

Congrats on proving my point by posting a meme powerpoint slide, dumbass.

Right there with you bro, though my situation is a bit different
I'm the dom outside, I'm the bread winner, but my mommy is the dom when I'm home

So you claim to be a cancer researcher, presumably, and you have never heard of EBM and believe it is a meme?

Most of these are political shibboleths. All he's doing is making it clear to the brains-in-jars that if they want to manipulate the current political climate in order to get grants they will have to couch their petitions in a different language, i.e. not that of the American left, to which they've all become accustomed.
If they can't adapt, they should die.

>science based

Scientific

>evidence based

Empirical.
Good thing these nebulous phrases were banned. 'Meat-based' and 'meat' can mean very different things.

Bingo.

What's a meme is talking about it like it's some novel concept. It's not. It's basic fucking common sense to include clinical data and expertise into research. It's been done since before you or I were born.

I guess you’re righ, good point.

I believe you and agree with the part about "evidence based" or "science based"
But why would you not be able to say the word "fetus" or "Transgender"? Is this just a political thing or is there actually a reason why you wouldn't use those words?

But there are literally thousands of EMB white papers published every year, with the words "evidence based medicine" as a part of the title. "scientific based" comes up almost as often in medical journals and research publications.

This is what I am confused about. How are people unfamiliar with it as a legit medical research and clinical term? And why must the word be banned?

Better example here from the CDC itself. Count how many times the word "Evidence based" comes up:

blogs.cdc.gov/genomics/category/evidence-based-medicine/

What does this have to do with the CDC budget?

>user has never heard of mouse upopia and doesn't realize he's the beautiful useless one riht before the collapse.
user I-

The list of banned words came up in a budget meeting. They were not "banned from the budget" as that makes no sense whatsoever.

>EBM-based
>Evidence based medicine based

This alone is justification for changing the term.

>How are people unfamiliar with it as a legit medical research and clinical term?

If you mean as a technical term, its not. 'Evidence-based' isn't a word, either, its a superfluous term.
It shouldn't be used because its ambiguous and informal. There must be a more precise word that can be used, 'evidence based' is a clumsy conjunctive which doesn't say much.
Besides, you're arguing as though every time someone uses the phrase 'evidence based' they are referring to evidence based medicine.

>CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes

What is wrong with this? People are emotional creatures, not robots. People don't want to live in a society dictated purely by science, they wantt to live in a society dictated by themselves based on their value systems. Hence the word society i.e. social, not technical. Technocracy is fucking retarded. You think it's good OP?? Example: (((science))) pushes the lie of "the human race" i.e. race is a social construct, we are all just humans. So if we allowed science to dictate everything for us, we would be doomed to living in a fucking mongrel infested melting pot forever.

Fuckin' Stanhope

Those are just the words banned in the CDC budget request, it has nothing to do with scientific papers.

It just means they can ambiguously word things like we need a billion dollars for science-based research into trangender fetuses because of diversity"

I'm just saying thjat EBM is a common term in medical papers, as is the phrase "scientific evidence". As you see in the other post from the CDC's own website they use the phrase "evidence based" a lot.

>Besides, you're arguing as though every time someone uses the phrase 'evidence based' they are referring to evidence based medicine.
They won't even be allowed to say the EB part of EBM, that is the fucking point here. This is why censoring specific words and phrases is a terrible idea.

There are a hundred thousand garbage papers every year that nobody reads or cites. The paper you've posted is a metastudy of a set of national guide lines which provides no new information or even any new meaningful context of existing information.

>They won't even be allowed to say the EB part of EBM, that is the fucking point here.
Good! It doesn't mean anything! It's just filler nonsense.

>haha fucking libtards and feminazis are scared of words and want to censor everything
>i-i-it's o-ok when T-Trump does it!

>The government shouldn't set standards for itself so it doesn't devolve into some SJW's blog

cdc.gov/budget/documents/fy2018/fy-2018-cdc-budget-overview.pdf

Here's the current CDC budget that uses the term evidence based.

Trump is more based than I thought

Cool, now those faggots have to stop using liberal buzzwords and speak like real scientists

>I like fucking women who dress and behave like infants
>It's totally normal though, the attraction is based on dominance and has nothing to do with women acting like young children that are pissing and shitting themselves.
Possibly one of the most disgusting fetishes imo. Just the thought of smelling the piss diapers makes me want to puke.

Sharia law for Britain doesn't sound so bad after-all.

And the Reich-wing think that the protagonists of 1984 and new speak comes from liberals.

I’m just fake news though

>Looks at flag
Nevermind.

Fag Kekistanis don't even care it's an actual god

>Cool, now those faggots have to stop using liberal buzzwords and speak like real scientists

I don't want to spoonfeed you with wiki, but let me get out the mushy carrots and a tiny spoon for you since you firmly believe the term is made up by college feminists:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine