Flip Flappers

There are way too fucking many MaiDragon threads. How about a Flip Flappers thread instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8pjExFdu7g
ja.uncyclopedia.info/wiki/ピュアオーディオ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wake me when Cocopapi get this lewd with each other, user.

Disgusting. Cocona and Papika have a pure relationship not any of that degenerate crap.

Pure love is fine and all, but sooner or later those girls gotta get down and dirty. It just doesn't feel real if they act like nuns around each other. They're teenage girls in love, for fuck's sake; why waste time pussyfooting around?

You can't just blush while hold hands and stare deeply into each other's eyes forever. Something's gotta give

There was one but it died user.
Maybe you didn't see it on the archive because it didn't have "flip flappers" on the OP.

And before there was Don't worry, every now and then we do get a thread that reaches the post limit all the way.
It happens like every 2-3 days.

>You can't just blush while hold hands and stare deeply into each other's eyes forever. Something's gotta give

They could have, if they had stayed in the timeloop PI.
But that was bland. Love needs to move forward.

>Love needs to move forward.
Lips, too.
And fingers.

Yuri dorks are dead, long live yuri monsters,

Are there more yuri girls like Yayaka?
I'm just asking for a friend. He really loves her.

No.

Yaya in strawberry panic. Sayaka in bloom into yuu. Yaya in hanayamata. Don't get too atttached to them.

In terms of personalities like Yayaka, I don't think so. She strikes me as more of a sports manga archetype than a yuri one. Yuri delinquents tend to be too "girl next door"

There's Satoru from Erased but he's not a yuri girl

Thanks, I'll check those out.
I'll probably get attached to them, and then suffer when they lose. But maybe that tragedy is what I really crave.

Yeah, she sure feels more like a character out of a sports or maybe action series aimed at boys who somehow found herself in yuri. That's part of her charm.

Fuck you!

What are the chances they redraw stuff for the last BD volume? So far all fixes have been very basic stuff like mouth flaps, layers and credits.
These guys are paid per drawing from what I've heard and I don't think they have any budged left to spend on a flop.

I have no idea, but I do hope they manage to do something.

The first several episodes had very little need for changes, so there were very few changes.

Things didn't really start having noticeable issues until episode 11 so it will be a while before we get any real indication of how much they will be willing to fix when fixing is needed. I really hope 11, 12 and 13 get a healthy heaping of improvements, but considering the dismal BD sales so far, I can't imagine it being justifiable cost-wise. After all, fixing half of the issues in 12 alone will probably cost more than they'll make off the final BD volume's sales.

That is of course, unless Oshiyama, the absolute madman that he is, elects to just redo all the problem bits himself

He could do it. If anyone can, it's him, right?

>That is of course, unless Oshiyama, the absolute madman that he is, elects to just redo all the problem bits himself
Yeah, I thought about that and I'm sure he loves this show and all. But in the end he is just an animator and he has to earn money too. I really doubt he can afford working a even week for absolutely nothing.

>a flip flappers thread will never reach bump limit again

It could, but that would require a lot of caffeine and it would be all me talking to myself. Not worth it.

I just finished a coffee, bud.
Let's talk.
Papika is pushy and overrated

It's 3am for me and I'm going to bed soon.
I'm also a Puppyfag. Yayaka a SHIT.

Papika is underrated. A lot of people seem to think she's dumb or not deserving of Cocona even though it's the exact opposite.

I think they might be Yayakafags who got cucked irl.

>Papika is underrated
She's like the single most popular character, how is she underrated?
And she is dumb, but that's also part of her charm.

That said, I think Papika is a lot smarter than she lets on, and we only assume that she's so stupid and a cute puppy because we never see inside her head or hear her thoughts. A lot of her actions in the show appear to be done with conscious intent and deliberation. She behaves in a premeditated manner to further her relationship with Cocona while also concealing the fact that she's orchestrating the relationship from the position of someone who holds all the power and clearly has a larger wealth of worldly knowledge (which she once again is content to keep to herself and pretend she doesn't possess until it's beneficial).

I think people too easily forget that she kept her dream a secret from Cocona because it was clearly a dream that involved her. The puppydog act was just that, an act. She figured if she pushed hard enough, Cocona would eventually give in, and as long as she was persistent enough, Cocona would mistake proximity for genuine passion.

Papika is a lot less sincere than people assume.

We thought she learned Cocona's name by overhearing her classmates, but I think she actually remembered that time she got freed from the dick tree.
I also think Cocona remembered that time too, but for her the experience was more like a dream. And since she never learned Papika's name, she never connected her with that dream.
Papika's wish from episode 4 that she kept secret clearly was for her to be with Cocona and to go adventuring with her.
I wonder if Cocona figured all these things out eventually. I think she must have. The entire show was told from her perspective so she probably did by the end.

>I wonder if Cocona figured all these things out eventually. I think she must have.
I don't think she's even figured out who her father is.

What are the chances of a manga adaption or spin-off?

Nah. Cocona is the self insert character. The show is told in a way where she figures out exactly as much as each individual viewer does and exactly at that time when it was shown first.

I'm a yayakafag but I recognize that Papika was the perfect match for Cocona, she earned her cocobowl with hard work and dedication with every happy TANOMOOO and sweet warm smile she cracked that coco's hard shell bit by bit until she got to that sweet juice inside.

Though I think Yayaka had a better story along with better scenes and achievements but that's another matter.

yuzu doesn't qualify as a dork

Don't worry the latest MaiDragon episode has pissed off as many people as the Flip Flappers mecha fanservice episode.

I can't stop listening to the full OP.

Send help.

>Cocona is the self insert character.
What
> The show is told in a way where she figures out exactly as much as each individual viewer does and exactly at that time when it was shown first.
Doublewhat

We learn that Mimi flavoured her eggs with a sprinkle of Salt in a flashback that happens while Cocona's mind is catatonic and trapped in Pure Illusion while her body and senses are controlled by Mimi. The flashback isn't even given by anyone. No character narrates it, it doesn't juxtapose in-universe exposition. There's just an awkward cutaway from a critical scene for the flashback to provide direct context for the events of the unfolding drama, which were hitherto unknown to the viewer.

There's know way for Cocona to know the story of her conception and her mother's tragic breakdown because none of this is told in-universe, and she's not even present in the framing scene containing the flashback for there to be any kind of "this flashback was actually just an abstraction of in-universe exposition that was provided in a manner less viewer-friendly than a flashback would have been"

The only way for her to have figured out who her dad is would have been to presume from his appearance and interaction with Mimi in episode 13 that he had some kind of important relationship with her. Even that is a little shaky, both because Cocona was pretty focused squarely on Papika through that whole ordeal, and because she didn't at the time know enough about Mimi, Salt or their history together to assume that knowing each other = RAW DICK SEX CUM INSIDE MY WOMB DOUSE IT WITH YOUR SEED I'M OVULATING OH BABY

It's very silly to assume that Cocona knows everything the viewer does. It's even sillier to assume that on the basis that she's a self insert character. Like, what?

production schedule exploded when all prep work for ep 8 was scrapped

I can't stop listening to Pusts zeme and Tulak.

Don't judge me. I've been awake for 18 hours and it totally makes sense to me.

Flip Flappers is dumb and gay

Dragon Maid is at least funny and gay

ur dumb and gay

If ep8's original concept was seriously scrapped because it was too similar to kabenari, that means it was scrapped almost a year before the show actually started airing. There's no way that would have seriously impacted the production schedule when you have shit like Oshiyama animating half of an episode solo in the span of 36 sleepless hours.

The production schedule collapsed because it was a big, ambitious anime project with an inexperienced director and extremely high standards for production. Apparently, Oshiyama also had a thing against bringing on new staff members when they were already knee deep in production because he felt it would take too long to get them up to speed on what the show was all about, which I'm sure contributed to the late-stage schedule collapse. Episode 12 was probably an eye-opener for him and the point where he realized he would have to take responsibility for that decision and shoulder some of the animation workload himself if he wasn't willing to get more people on payroll to do it.

Schedule issues like that are hardly uncommon, anyways. They don't need to be precipitated by some on-high production sabotage like Symphogear's disastrous 3rd season. Sometimes it just happens. That's the reality of the industry.

Going deep into Papika is one of the more interesting things still left to explore with the show.
Like you say, there are many things that could be interpreted as hints of that side of Papika. One that had more awareness of things than she seemed to show along with certain level of thinking that isn't obvious at first glance.
But it's hard to pin point the nature of that aspect of her. At best we can reach many conjectures.

But she's definitely smart on some level, she's not dumb, she might have seemed odd due to her uncivilized nature but she constantly showed a good deal of creativity and quick thinking.
She was suspicious at times, like when she shows up to Cocona on the last episode and her excuse was having sweets with Mimi.
But her feelings are genuine, I wouldn't question them.
Maybe she did act cuter on purpose though, and often would take advantage of the naive perception others had of her to get away with shit without having to be fully cynical about it.
She did show a good level of emotional capacity when it comes to how well she dealt with Cocona, she managed to push hard enough to get close to her without coming off as too strong on her and scaring her.

Perhaps the answer lies in this episode, with the many different sides of Papika, were those just interpretations of her from Cocona's point of view, or were they meant to be taken as the actual different sides that make Papika as a whole? I think it's the later though.

In that case there's a side of Papika that always wanted Cocona (succubus) but also a side of her that enjoyed teasing her a little and wasn't always straight forward to her (the bishie side) while a part of her is also immature and cute and like a little sister to her. That mix of her different sides would make sense of her actions by giving us a hint of her internal thought process.

Ep 8 was glorious in so many ways.

At least for the earlier parts they did manage a good job of giving the audience as little information as Cocona had with everything being about as vague and confusing as it should be to her.
But that doesn't make her a self insert character or anything silly like that.
It was just interesting storytelling.
They even manage to make it a plot point with the subject of Iro, due to the focus on Cocona's point of view making her experience seem negative because that's how Cocona herself was interpreting it.
Pretty neat stuff.

Trading Places is my drug.

Also this youtube.com/watch?v=S8pjExFdu7g

>without coming off as too strong on her and scaring her.
She actually did this for like the first 3 episodes.
In fact, half of the point behind episode 3 was that Cocona genuinely wanted to beat Papika up, and did so. Papika handled this by just taking the beating, because at the end of the day Cocona just doesn't have it in her to be the kind of person that can push someone out of her life by force.

They didn't actually start becoming friends until episode 4, and you really only start getting hints that Cocona's feelings extend beyond her puffy wet flaps around episode 6, when she does things like put herself in harm's way specifically to protect Papika.

At least it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the kind of stuff that happened in Girlish Number.

Where was the outrage for episode 3 or 4?
Oh right, no one was watching the show at that point.

>random montage of unrelated footage with droning trance loosely synced and almost no real editing work to speak of. Also a filter because fuck colour palettes
I hate AMVs

No, ep 8 was scrapped at last minute. They had emergency meetings. The scrapped concept art was shown to audiences at the talk show. Considering the timing of when the storyboards and scripts were finished it's safe to assume storyboards and script was also scrapped. That also explains why the background art of ep8 is pure polygon CG.

>That also explains why the background art of ep8 is pure polygon CG.

A. it isn't actually CGI
B. Studio Pablo left the project at that point, so the backgrounds being different from what came before was something that had been planned well in advance and not the consequence of some kind of scheduling disaster.

>not CG

Whoever was making the background art of fight zombies in space trains would have it scrapped anyway and that has nothing to do with Studio Pablo or anyone specifically.

That's a good point. I need to pay attention to that part of the show next time I rewatch it, to notice how the subtle changes in their interactions show their relationship deepening.
It's true that by ep 4 it is that Cocona opened up more to Papika and until then they had been struggling with some differences.
But even before that point of their relationship Papika still managed to keep Cocona at least within her grasp, despite bothering her and making her want to beat her up. She might have been pushy enough to get that reaction from Cocona, but she still managed to keep it within the sort of range that got Cocona to still enjoy her adventures with her and open up to it and piqued her interest in her despite being bothered by her.
Like teasing done right, she hated it, but she liked it, and she hated that she liked it. So even if part of her wanted to beat Papika up, another part of her was being fascinated by her, overall she wasn't entirely put off by her.
Without being that pushy in the beginning they might not have been able to get so close that fast, so a little bit of early friction could come off as positive in the long run as long as it's the right kind that manages to bring people together and not the kind that puts a complete stop to a relationship.

Why did Studio Pablo leave?
Their backgrounds were so good for the earlier half.
It would have been so nice to have them around all the way.

>chinese cartoon fans complaining over fanservice
What went wrong?
Yes, she does.

Episode 8 was a digital high-tech world, so Pablo didn't fit the aesthetic.
Episode 9 was the batcave, so there's hardly anything to make backgrounds for
10 and 11 and 12 take place entirely in familiar settings, so backgrounds can be recycled wholesale
Episode 13 was the exception here, but its environment was simple enough and so action-focused that it hardly mattered

Pablo was contracted up to that point and no further because there was clearly nothing left for them to do after that.

Weren't at least some backgrounds in 9 from them too? I swear they were in the credits. This one maybe?
And yeah, 11, 12 and 13 recycled a lot of previously shown ones from them as well.

9 was their last one, they also had stuff in the flashback scenes

That's an extremely lewd USB.

What kind of album would this image be the cover for?

yuzu is the opposite of socially inept

It was kind of fun and sad how yayaka was spammed by begonias and tomodachis after that scene. Like the staff had to remember the audience it was one sided every single episode.

They did that to keep down the crackshipping and they spectacularly failed.

Crackshipping would be Papika with Nyunyu, Yayaka and Cocona isn't that far out there.

She's still dumb and breaks the school dressing code. Not to mention no normal human bean could stand Mei. She must be some sort of alien.

Was it a ruse? A warning?
How one sided was it truly in the end?
It didn't seem that one sided, they are still friends and all.
Although obviously the degree of their friendship is not balanced.
Cocona is Yayaka's treasure, she's willing to fight to death, and sacrifice herself for her. She loves her the most in the world.
Meanwhile Yayaka is just Cocona's dear childhood friend and she probably cares a lot about her, it's not like she has that many friends and she's a sweet girl who cares a lot about those close to her. But she's not her most important person or even that high on her priority list.

She's just kind of a dummy.

Why the tears?

Her friend is back.

Don't worry fellow flip flappers. The 795 of us will witness Oshiyama's new work in 1 month.

More like 14.

What in the show really proves that Cocona cares about Yayaka? She's known her for years but doesn't know anything about her, they don't show any sort of closeness, she fights Yayaka the first chance she gets while siding with someone she doesn't know, and she doesn't show any real concern when Yayaka doesn't show up. Cocona likes having someone around to support her but doesn't actually care about Yayaka.

To be honest, Yayaka's feelings for Cocona seem to come from more of a place of "you are literally the only meaningful human relationship in my life as well as the only connection I have to the real, sane world outside of mad science cults and child labour in lala land."

Cocona was her bridge to a normal life, and a place where her belonging wasn't tentative to the results she could produce for a half-crazy grandpa with a lust for leprechaun cum. What she really wants/ needs is belonging and just something that's real. That doesn't have to be a romantic relationship, though her competitive spirit certainly did seem to want to monopolize her friend (or at least be her #1) pretty much right to the end. Yayaka will be perfectly fine staying Cocona's friend and eventually growing out of her ambiguously gay teen phase to pursue a real life with healthy relationships in a place she can call her own.

>to pursue a real life with healthy relationships in a place she can call her own.
She's gonna enter into an abusive relationship with Yuu.

>Papika is a lot less sincere than people assume.
I agree that she's deeper than what she may come off as at first, but in no way is she anything less than 100% genuine in her emotions. Even Oshiyama said so. But even without Oshiyama you can just tell from the show too.

I inherently distrust any dogged gay girl that can go from "I daidaidaisuki you" to "my dreams and aspirations are a naisho from the person I daidaidaisuki [because they possibly pertain to that person, maybe]" in the span of 24 minutes.

The amount of stuff she knows vs what she chooses to reveal make her a suspicious character and her motives (which I shall point out are concealed entirely from us and never revealed except through the fact that her intentions apparently come to fruition in some manner or another when she "gets the girl" that she's been shamelessly chasing since episode 1) equally suspicious. She reveals a lot about her character when she gives the stock answer for not immediately divulging the truth about Mimi upon her recollection by saying something to the effect of "I didn't want to hurt Cocona's feelings," which is right up there with "I had a headache" for sincere excuses to avoid being attentive to the needs of those dear to you when you think honestly will serve your self-interest less than dishonesty.

>she fights Yayaka the first chance she gets
Not really. The only time they actually fight is in the memory dome.
Cocona was worried about Yayaka in several instances, but she gets told that she's being amai na every time. Yayaka is definitely at least pretending to be in control all the time. And she in turn holds back the twins from attacking Cocona and Papika, which in the end leads them to report that to the KKK.
I wouldn't side with someone whos goal was "world conquest" either. That kinda makes you one of the bad guys.

Your address or coordinates then?

That's cold user. You even make a good point, hard to refute.
You almost got me there.
But you made it sound different than how it really was.
In reality Cocona didn't want to fight Yayaka, it's not like it was easy for her. She seriously didn't want to.
Anytime things got ugly between them Cocona looked very sad about it, there was a thick tension in the air between them when the conflict got bad, that shows how much that weighted on Cocona, which shows that Yayaka meant something to her.
Cocona was never really shown with any other friends, Yayaka was special for her.
Want hints they were friends? Just look at their interactions at least before things got ugly, they were able to get along the way friends do. And for someone as introverted and withdrawn like Cocona that's specially meaningful.
Or look back at how Cocona reacted when Yayaka got hurt. She cared about her. Her emotional response to it was not the one she'd have for a random girl who happens to be around for her when she needs some support. It was passionate and genuine.
Just think about it, there's simply no way someone like as sweet as Cocona would grow up with a close childhood friend, share plenty of experiences together, get along and all of that and not care about them.
She's not that sort of girl.
Perhaps their relationship might seem lacking but that can be due to the pacing of the show, not giving us many chances to see Cocona and Yayaka as friends, or due to Cocona's initial shy and introverted nature, just because she doesn't show a ton of outward affection it doesn't mean she doesn't care about someone or consider them important.
Remember her PI, she's cold, but sweet.
Yayaka just sucked at getting close and comfortable enough with her to get Cocona out of her cold shell, the way Papika managed to do.

>What she really wants/ needs is belonging and just something that's real. That doesn't have to be a romantic relationship, though her competitive spirit certainly did seem to want to monopolize her friend (or at least be her #1) pretty much right to the end

That's a good way to interpret and sum it up.

Papika withholds information.
But she does not lie.
She is genuine and honest, but perhaps she's aware that some things are better not said, or maybe she's just not the sort of person that says everything in their head.
That doesn't make her dishonest or suspicious.
You are interpreting her that way because it's hard to accept a character that seems that genuine and that honest to actually be that genuine and honest. So the little bits that she keeps to herself seem like big hints of a greater mastermind at work.
But is that really the case?
I don't see it at all.
Acting in her self interests isn't really a dishonest thing when she has made those interests clear since the start, and keeping some information to herself isn't necessarily a bad thing either.
The sort of things she kept a secret were things that actually warranted being kept secrets at the time, or were very hard to come out with.
She's not a compulsive liar or a sneaky sort of person. Just a very genuine girl with very complicated circumstances who had to keep some details shut.

>Papika withholds information.
>But she does not lie.
These are effectively the same thing, you realize?
The point is that she had a goal in mind, a self-interested goal mind you, and was perfectly okay with manipulating Cocona (the person she presumably daisuki'd) both physically and emotionally by carefully manicuring the information that she put out until the only thing her partner was receiving from her was exactly what she wanted her partner to receive, eg. only things which cast her in a positive light and furthered her own interests.

She never genuinely exposes herself to be emotionally harmed by Cocona, which is why "Daikirai" was such a powerful moment. It wasn't just Papika's best-laid plans blowing up in her face, it was her realizing for the first time that despite all of her careful control over Cocona, that scared little girl still had the power to hurt her emotionally. That in its own way shows a degree of development in their relationship, but Papika herself never makes up for or redeems her dubiously secretive and deceitful nature and we never learn exactly why she was controlling Cocona that way or to what end. It just seemed to be her nature.

For me to have an issue with her being genuine, I think I would have had to actually see her being genuine when it mattered. You'll notice that she's only spouting cheesy lines about love at convenient moments, and every fraught or emotionally difficult situation has her verbally retract inward and dive into wordless action instead, running from a moment where she might have to bear more of herself than she intends.

1:Pure Input 2:Pure Converter
3:Pure XLR 4:Pure Equalization
5:Pure Echo 6:Pure Play
7: Pure Component 8:Pure Breaker
9:Pure Mute 10:Pure Jitter
11:Pure Storage 12:Pure Howling
13:Pure Audio
Why are the episode titles named after the process of sampling and creating a audio file?

Because the studio is called 3Hz.

I found episodes 12 and 13's fights against Mimi to have a lot of problems, I really really hope they fix that up a lot. When Yayaka first transforms and beats the shit out of the Mad Max-themed PI villainess it feels like the sfx and animation are desynched, making it really awkward to watch. Papika and Cocona punching away the cyborg monster after donning their wedding dresses also lacked any feeling of impact. And there were a bunch of smaller problems with the snake!Mimi fight.

Is Ai Mai Mi the Flip Flappers of our generation?

Just look at the last episode.

the director is personally an audiophile and pure audio refers to the metaphysical and religious pursuit of the ultimate audio quality
>ja.uncyclopedia.info/wiki/ピュアオーディオ

They called her dumb, but in the end the puppy outwitted the cat.

I think the audio quirk in Yayaka's henshin scene was intentional. When something break's the sound barrier, there's an odd interval between seeing and hearing because the object is moving so fast it could technically reach you before the sound of it reaching you reached you. I think that's what they were going for.

I see your point, and all of that makes a lot of sense, it's good stuff. You do seem to understand Papika well.
But I guess we see some things in different tones.
I don't think omitting a few details at the time is that bad, I wouldn't call all that manipulation either.
She just doesn't seem that machiavellian to me.
Like her way of spouting cheesy lines, it didn't seem like a deliberate move with ulterior motives. Just like the silly things a naive girl like her would feel like saying, thus the natural thing that comes out of her mouth is that.
It's not like Papika was in control or anything, I don't think she "presumably" loved Cocona. She loved her. Almost like she worshiped and needed her. Those were strong feelings and there's no reason to doubt their authenticity. If anything she was just trying to do her best to please Cocona and to make sure they had a chance to get closer to each other because of that love. She got hurt so badly when Cocona didn't want to love her anymore precisely because she loves her so much.
I see her actions not as manipulative, but naive, she underestimated the importance of honesty in a relationship, brushed aside some important factors, how the other person could react to it, and what that could lead to.

Lies by omission are a sort of dishonesty, yes, but my point before was that they're not really big enough a deal to become so suspicious and cynical about every aspect of the character when there are other explanations that make sense of those things while still being consistent with every other part of the character.

But kudos to the flip flappers staff, they sure managed to come up with a character interesting enough that we're able to have this sort of discussion about them. All 3 main characters, even the side characters in fact all have gotten a fair share of valid different interpretations.
I'd say that's much more interesting than a character so straight forward there's not much to disagree about.

What is this shit?

>Papika and Cocona punching away the cyborg monster after donning their wedding dresses also lacked any feeling of impact

Yeah, overall plenty of the "action" scenes with the white henshins would have been way cooler and more amazing and enjoyable if the animation had been on par with the rest of the show.
It's a shame.
If they managed to fix that I think it would improve the overall experience of the last episode by a lot, which would also improve the way the whole show ends feeling.

Where can I take a course in advanced yuri dynamics?

>The story follows girls in a manga club—Ai, Mai, Mii, and Ponoka-senpai—who might be fighting evil invaders threatening Earth, facing off against rivals in tournaments, and dealing with other absurd situations when they are not drawing manga.

This sounds interesting.
Tell us more user.

A lot of people get hung up on Papika's lack of conventional intelligence, and miss the dichotomy of Papika's emotional intelligence vs Cocona's academic intelligence. Papika is extremely mature in the sense that she knows what she wants and takes a straight path toward achieving her desires on a moment-to-moment basis. Whereas Cocona struggles with worrying about what is the "right thing to do" according to other people, Papika is never concerned with what other people think, she is only concerned with her own goals. She takes adversity head-on and isn't afraid of failure, a contrast to Cocona who is unable to advance in life strictly because she is so afraid of failure.
In all ways that Cocona is an idiot and undermatured, Papika is a genius, and vice-versa. They perfectly make up for each other's weaknesses, which is reflected in the designs of their magical girl designs, and later, the evolution into their wedding dress-like forms. At first they are trying to emulate the other one's strengths; they switch hair colours, Papika gets a shield despite Cocona being the cautious thoughtful one, and Cocona gets a blade despite Papika being the aggressive, initiative-filled one.

yuri as in fetishization?
or yuri as in feminism?

>Mi and Nana-san find themselves in serious danger
>Obvious Yuri relationship from the start
>Nana-san opensa portal that looks suspiciously like PI, and sends Mi to a universe that she can be free of assassin school and safe
>Nana-san isn't alive, but can still see Mi through Ponoka's jar (already known to be a portal to other dimensions).
hmm sounds an awful lot like the last few episodes of Flip Flappers, and all condensed into three minutes!

Why don't you watch and see? Nana-san is clearly Yayaka, Mimi, and Papika all in one, while Mi is clearly Papika and Cocona.

Damn, Why are lesbian relationships so complicated?

By reading all of the Flip Flappers threads in the archives. All of them.